A Trapped Winter Spirit - com...

By Itz_Katie013

Jack Frost is a special kind of lonely. 300 years passed since he woke in that lake, and no one knew he exist... More

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴠꜱ ɪᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴜʀᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ʜᴏᴘᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɴ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴄᴏᴜʀꜱᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ɴɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇꜱ #2
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛꜱ, Qᴜᴏᴛᴇꜱ, ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɪɴᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴘᴛ 1
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɪɴᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴘᴛ 2
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ?
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ɪᴛ, ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ɪᴛ?
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ᴏꜰ ᴘɪᴛᴄʜ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ...

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴄʜᴏꜱᴇɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ

7.8K 269 91
By Itz_Katie013

Jack's POV:

Three hundred years later...

After I realised no one could see me, I disappeared, slowly gaining complete control over my powers. Yet, I couldn't help thinking about how lost I was. I ended up coming back to town after I stopped feeling sorry for myself. It was snowing heavily, and the local school declared a snow day.

A snow day!

Finally, an excuse to make winter fun. Snow ramps, magic snowballs and laughter are what I need.

I sat on the top of someone's house, watching kids slid down hills on snowboards. I watched one particular boy. He was talking to his friends about something. I leapt off the roof and got close enough to listen.

"We'll check the park first this year!" He said excitedly to his friends. "That's where we found most of them last time."

"Jamie, do you really think the Easter Bunny would hide the eggs in the same place as last year? I bet he'll hide them somewhere else," A girl said.

What? Easter? Are you kidding me? It's the first snow day in months and they're talking about eggs and the Easter Bunny. I approached the kids.

"Hey, hey! It's a snow day! Not-" Then I remembered that they couldn't hear me. They ran straight through me, leaving the awful empty feeling in my stomach. I leaned down and scooped a chunk of snow from the ground. I blew on the ball, my breath making the ball a tinted blue. Then I threw it at Jamie's back, the ball bursting as it collided with him.

My magic twinkled as it took effect on him. He began laughing.

"OK, who threw that?" He turned to his friends as he balled a piece of snow and threw it.

"Jamie!" A girl shrieked. "I'll get you for that!"

The snowball fight started. Kids throwing snowballs at each other, and I occasionally threw a magic one to get the fight more serious. I noticed a beefy girl walking away from it in. I couldn't leave her out.

I cast magic on a snowball, aimed it at the girl and tossed it. It smacked against the back of her head. The kids around her froze in alarm.

"Who hit Cupcake? Did you hit Cupcake?" The kids asked each other.

Cupcake slowly turned around. a murderous look on her face. My magic twinkled as it took over and her snarl twisted into a happy grin. She ripped off the head of a snowman and began chasing the others with it, all of them laughing.

My work here was done.

North's POV:

Even though Christmas was months away, I had to start making the toys. I began chiseling a chunk of ice, adding a bit of my magic to the design. Next thing I knew, an ice train was darting around. I laughed as I admired my work. It chugged towards the door and suddenly, it burst open, crushing my train between it and the wall.

In the doorway was one of my yetis.

"What did I tell you about knocking!" I yelled but the yeti seemed more aggravated. He babbled and grumbled. After centuries with these creatures, I could understand them.

"The globe?" I asked. He nodded eagerly. He leads me to the globe, a ball designed like Earth with thousands of lights glittering on the countries and continents. Everything seemed fine at first but then a tornado of black sand rose around the globe, covering it completely. Cold, evil laughter rang around the chamber as the sand swirled. The shadow of the dreaded boogieman circled the room, leaving me frozen in fear.

"Stay away from Jack Frost." The voice said, and the sand and shadow vanished.

I recognised the voice immediately. Pitch Black. But what did he want with Jack Frost? I knew I needed to alert the other guardians, so I yanked the Northern Light switch, the signal that something was wrong.

Almost instantly, a hole appeared by the door and Bunnymund leapt out of it, hopping to my side. Tooth drifted out from the hallway out of nowhere with four of her tiny tooth fairies. Sandman floated through the open window high up on the wall, golden sand trailing from behind him.

"Sandy, thank you for coming," I said. Various symbols of confusion and/or confusion formed in the yellow sand over his head.

Tooth darted around the air, chattering to her tooth fairies. Bunny hopped ahead of us as I spoke, "I know, I know. But I obviously wouldn't have called you all over if it wasn't serious."

Tooth hushed her fairies as I began. "The boogieman was here! In the Pole!"

Tooth's eyes grew wide. "Pitch? Pitch Black? Here?"

"Yes! There was black sand covering the globe," I explained, gesturing with my hands as I spoke.

"W-what do you mean black sand?" Bunny asked but I continued.

"And there a shadow-"

"Hold on, hold on, I thought you said that you saw Pitch," Bunny interrupted.

"Well, not exactly-"

Bunny's face grew impatient. "Not exactly? Can you believe this guy?"

A question mark formed above Sandy's head as he shrugged.

"Yeah, you said it, Sandy."

I could see I was losing the other's patience. "Look, he's up to something very, very bad. I can feel it," I glanced briefly at my stomach before grasping it, "in my belly."

"Hang on, hang on, you mean that you summoned me here three days before Easter because of your belly?" Bunny poked my stomach with his paintbrush. "Mate, if I did this to you three days before Christmas-"

"Bunny, Easter is not Christmas," I said as I plucked the egg out of his paw and walked away.

Bunny chuckled lightly before hopping after me. "Yeah, here we go. No, I don't have time for this! I've still got two million to finish."

Bunny and I began to argue when Tooth flew backwards in between us.

"Tooth, can't you see we're trying to argue?" I asked her politely.

"Sorry, not all of us get to work one night a year, right Sandy?" She said as an arrow point upwards appeared above Sandy's head. Tooth gasped as she began counting all of her fairies, asking them if they had forgotten any teeth.

I continued my argument with Bunny, telling him that I did see Pitch and that Easter preparation could wait. There was a fierce jingle of a bell. Bunny and I turned to face Sandy, who had just dropped one of my elves. He pointed unmistakably at the skylight where the Moon sent a ray of silver moonlight directly at our feet.

"Ah," I said, "Man in the moon. Its been a while, old friend."

The beam responded by moving past us and settled on a square of carved stone. The stone sank into the ground then rose again as a podium.

Tooth and her fairies began to chatter excitedly. "He's choosing a new guardian! I wonder who it will be."

A four-leafed clover appeared in the sand above Sandy's head. Tooth nodded in consideration. 'Maybe the leprechaun."

While she spoke, Bunny clutched his egg to his furry chest, muttering, "Please not the groundhog, anyone but the groundhog."

Silver light entwined the podium, turning a soft blue as it formed a body; a small figure in a icy blue hoodie, brown pants and leaning against a wooden staff with a curved top. My heart sank as I recognised the boy and I remembered Pitch's warning.

"Jack Frost," I said. "Manny has chosen Jack Frost."

"OK, I take it back. The groundhog is fine. Not Jack Frost! Do you even-" Bunny hopped off ranting with his Australian accent about Jack Frost to Sandy while Tooth swooned with her tiny fairies.

I had met Jack Frost once or twice. He was just a teenager with a mischievous attitude who preferred to break the rules and make fun while the rest of us worked hard in our jobs. He wouldn't make a good Guardian, would he? He was a lonely boy who had no children believing in him. Perhaps he would be an advantage to us against Pitch Black.

Oh no. Pitch had specifically warned me to stay away from Jack Frost. And now Manny wanted him to join the Guardians? This wasn't going to end well. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 4K 22
ᯐ 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 ( 𝚁𝙸𝚂𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝚄𝙰𝚁𝙳𝙸𝙰𝙽𝚂 ) ─────────────────── ❝ 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒! 𝐏𝐀𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄! 𝐁𝐑𝐄...
210K 6K 11
After 10 years, Pitch Black returns and there is just one thing on his mind. Jack Frost. He will stop at nothing to get the boy on his side. No matte...
1.4K 68 11
Pitch black's main goal was always to make Jack Frost his ally , and to turn him against the guardians , but what if an incident changed all of that...
6.8K 143 14
"It wasn't my choice to be like pitch. People were afraid of me. Thinking I was the grim reaper." What if one day jack sees glowing eyes everywhere...