Perfect, Smart & Able

By JoJoBoZo

She's perfect...She's smart…She's able to be the Alpha-Female born to lead. Meet Angel the perfect female she... More

High School (Editing)
The Players Home Coming - Revised 3/23/2014
First Meeting - Revised 3/27/2014
My BFF Is Back - Revised 3/31/2014
Office Meeting Revised - 4/9/2014
Lunch and More - Pulled For Revision
Sushi, Guide & Connection (Chapter Rewritten)
A Cry For Help
Authers Note
Revisions

A New Friend - Revised 7/8/2014

2.9K 121 13
By JoJoBoZo

Thanks everyone for your patience. I have just completed revising this chapter. I know it has been a long wait but here it is. I hope you like it. In this chapter it shows a little more about pack dynamics in a school setting. My family affairs are done. I had to adjust back to my job and college courses. I plan to continue revising the rest of this book. Then release my new chapters. Thanks for reading my story :)

*************************************

Angles POV

Homeroom was a new experience, Mitch introduced me to our teacher Ms. Crow. We then took our seats in the last row of desks. Sitting in the far left corner face the front of the room. According to him these were the best seats to have. No one looking over your shoulders and a clear view of everyone in front. In case of an emergency the backdoor to the classroom can be easily reached.

As I sat there I couldn’t help but people watch. It was obvious that several pack members from different packs were in this class. Each pack not only sat in groups together, but certain individuals were placed strategically in the room. Specifically males and those that emitted some form of authority. The age group of the students also varied from freshman through seniors. Having not been in a school before I shared with Mitch what I had noticed. As predators we are constantly on guard, so knowing all advantage points in a room is very important. I still needed to know why it applied here while in class.

With a surprised look he answered, “You caught all of that just by watching? –Most of the students here don’t even realize the extent we go through to keep them safe.” He shakes his head as more students enter the classroom laughing or talking.

Nodding towards different groups of students he continues, “Most pack members tend to sit with their pack. It’s an unconscious thing caused by their pack bond. Even the ones who are treated poorly do this.”

Leaning towards me he stares in my eyes and whispers, “Yah see Angel, many in here have roles in their pack and are responsible for their safety.” He points himself and then to some other students.

“These roles do not only apply at the pack house, on pack land, or at pack functions. It is a part of us. It is who we are. It is our responsibility to our pack and our race. We are born to protect.”

Sitting back in his seat he smiles and continues, “The mixture of freshman through seniors gives both the upper and lower classman a chance to interact more. Also, since the school is neutral grounds it gave surrounding packs a chance to get to interact with neighboring packs.”

I couldn’t help, but smile. Everything Mitch had said made perfect sense to me. From pack bond, seating, protection, interaction between classmates and packs. I was getting a better understanding of why Papa wanted me to attend not only High School, but this one. Papa always has a reason for everything and I mean everything.

Once the bell rang Ms. Crow took attendance then read the morning announcements. Several students were glad to hear that there was an extended lunch period. Others were excited that classes were shortened due to the Welcome Back Assembly. She then gave us our homeroom assignment which several students moaned and groaned about.

“For today class each of you will be partnered with someone you may or may not know. You will spend the entire class time getting to know them.”

“But Ms. Crow what if we don’t like our partner?” said a redheaded girl with disgust in her voice.

You will have to deal with it in a kind and respectful manner.” Ms. Crow replied. 

Raising her eyebrow she continued on with the assignment, “Everyone will be eating lunch with their partners today. Yes– you will be seen in public with your homeroom partner. Every homeroom class is doing this same assignment and all staff members will be monitoring the entire student body during lunch.”

Some students were about protest until Ms. Crow added, “This has been decreed by ALL surrounding Alphas in the area as a way to encourage packs to get along.”

 “If you are a student leader you will be assigned a different partner for this assignment, but are still responsible for your student. Now listen up as I call your name and who you are partnered with. Raise your hand, so your partner knows who you are.”

One by one each student was called. Mitch stood when his name was called and walked towards his partner named Tammy. She was a small girl, with blonde wavy shoulder length hair, thick red glasses that magnifying her green eyes and wore bright colors. It made her look friendly, happy and yet familiar to me. So engrossed into my observation of the girl and Mitch I didn’t hear Ms. Crow call my name.

“Ahem, Angle?” Ms. Crow said not so pleasantly

“Yes?”

“Angle, instead of drooling over your student leader I suggest you pay attention and interview your assigned partner.”

After hearing             this Mitch turns his head towards me with a big grin on his face.

“Apologies Ms. Crow but I do not drool…….. Babies drool while teething…….people with excess saliva drool……. and people who have problem swallowing drool……………. I am neither teething, nor have excess saliva problems and I most assuredly know how to swallow.”

As soon as I mentioned I knew how to swallow a male voice was heard saying, “That’s what she said!” Causing several students to burst out laughing. Ignoring the laughs I continued on.

“I am sitting here and nowhere near my student leader Mitch to be drooling on, over or around him. That would be rather –disgusting! Besides the most I have done with my saliva where Mitch is concerned was the Welcome kiss I gave him in the office and the kiss he gave me in the hall way before I entered into the girl’s locker room.” I said in a matter of fact tone.

Ms. Crow looked shocked. Several students oohed out load and guys high fived Mitch while saying "YOU DA MAN!" Mitch just sat there with a goofy smile on his face. It took ten minutes for Ms. Crow to settling the class down. She went to her desk and instructed us to get to work.

Nikka POV

Angle had all the guys looking at her and all the pretty girls in class glaring at her. She was absolutely dropped dead gorgeous. I couldn’t believe we are partners for this assignment. She had the whole classes’ attention with what she said to Ms. Crow. It seemed like she really did not understand the drooling comment. When she blurted out that she had kissed Mitch Cable in a matter of fact tone. I realized she really didn’t get the drooling comment.

We had roughly ten minutes left in class and most likely she will not want to eat lunch with me. No one ever does and my pack wouldn’t want anyone near me. Being a loner is not my choice but just the way things are. Besides why would a person like Angle want to hang with a loser like me? With a sigh I stick my hand out and introduce myself.

“Um….Hi…my name is Nikka Shannon Daily and from the Standing Moon Pack, I just turned sixteen on July 16th. I am an only child, a junior hoping to graduate a year early.”

“Hello, I’m Angle Royal and currently staying on the Rising Luna Pack land as a guest with my Papa. I turned sixteen on July 16th too. I am also an only child and a senior who can graduate any time.”

We both laughed because we had the same birthday, only child and we were both smart. Being smart was one thing, but Angle was way out of my league smarts. She had the looks and personality too. She really wanted to know me and was looking forward to having lunch with me. She even told me not to ditch her or else. I do not know what the “or else” is but I am sure it is not pleasant.

 Angle POV

Morning classes are just about over and lunch is coming up real soon. My satellite classes were easy to follow. They are all self-paced, but project deadlines do not change and must be met. Everything today are course introductions which I already knew what to expect since I read the syllabus for each class. I am just about finished reading one of my six massive text book when the bell rang.

Its lunch time and I am looking forward to learning more about Nikka my homeroom partner. We clicked instantly and I truly wanted to know more about her. I told her to meet me by the office so we could go have lunch together. Before I left for school papa told me he wanted to have lunch with me since he would be gone for a few days. I had suggested going to a Japanese restaurant for sushi. Nikka can meet him and he will be happy that I made a new friend.

During homeroom I sensed others ease dropping on our conversation. I also noticed certain students glaring at Nikka while she was speaking to me. They would also get nervous every time she spoke about her pack. There was something off and it troubled me.

“Hey, Angle wait up!” It was Mitch making his way through the crowd of students with his homeroom partner Tammy.

“Are you heading towards the lunchroom to meet up with your homeroom partner?” Tammy gushed as she bounced on the tips of her shoes.

Gosh this girl looks so familiar to me. Like I should know her. Shaking that thought I answer her, “Sorry, Tammy…..Mitch I am having lunch with my Papa and taking Nikka with.”  Mitch looked sad when I said this and just nodded his head.

“That’s cool! Tammy and I can hang during lunch. You know…..get to know more about each other and stuff. Ah…have fun with your Pappy.” As they walked away I noticed Nikka coming out of the girls’ bathroom. She had been crying and her clothes were wet. She walked slowly up to me.

“Ah….Angle….I.. I..I don’t think I can go with you. I  I  I am sss sorry.” She stuttered while trying not to cry.

“Nikka……..you my friend are definitely coming with me! No…. ifs or what, about it” I said through clinched teeth while wrapping my arms around her.  

I was angry and an angry Angle is never a good thing. How could anyone do this to her or another person? In all my life I have never seen anyone treated this way. Is this part of what high school life is like? This is just unacceptable. Nikka was still sobbing when we reached my Papas’ car. One look at me and he knew I was angry.

“Angle, you are angry child! You need to calm yourself. Your eyes are fazing and the wind is picking up. I do not know what caused this but you cannot release your wolf. Bring your friend and let us have some yum yum for your tum tum”. Mind linked Papa.

“I  I  I am getting you wet t t t.... Angle. Your clothes will get ruined.” Nikka said as she began to wipe her tears.

“Nikka, I don’t give a dam about my clothes they can be replaced. What I care about is you and what happened to you. I want you to be my friend and I hope to be yours as well.” Nikka looked at me with a big smile on her face and nodded her head. That smile lit her face with joy calming me instantly.

Without a word Papa popped the trunk of his car. I grabbed the duffle bag that had extra clothes in it. Digging through the contents I took out an extra pair of clothes for Nikka and myself. I handed her a towel so she could dry off. I placed the extra clothes and pair of sandals for her on the back seat of Papas’ car.  

Every vehicle in our family has a duffle bag packed with several days’ clothes in it. Thomas had taught me to always be prepared during our trainings together. Part of that training was having a bag ready to go. You never know what may happen in an emergency.

Nikka sat in the back seat of the car drying herself as best as she could. I sat in the front and introduced her to Papa. Papa did not pry he simply asked if she liked sushi and drove. On the way to the restaurant Papa mind linked me and asked a question I did not have an answer to.

“Angle, your wolf almost took control. I think she was protective of your friend. Deathly protective like family! Do you know why?” Grandfather voice held concern because my wolf was somehow connected to Nikka and that meant she now needed to be protected.

**************

Authors Note: Yes, I am introducing yet another character to the story. What makes her special? The interesting thing is that everyone is connected to each other in one way or another. Please, please, please comment and tell me what you think and vote! THANKS!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

298 5 33
Bella, a 15 year old girl lost her mother and has been mistreated by her dad. She wants a new start in a new city and wants to take her sister with h...
1.5K 52 28
Aurora Raine Willows, a girl just trying to find her way in this crazy life that has been chosen for her. She is the first female werewolf to be able...
918K 20.1K 32
Jessie thought her life couldn't get any better but her hopes may change because of a special night that she shared with Noah Whitewater her Alpha of...
76.4K 2.6K 33
Rejected on her eighteenth birthday, Aiyana accepts that she'll never have a mate and focuses on her dream - to become a veterinarian and pack doctor...