In due time (Completed)

By mikz0209

"You were worried about me, Specs?" He smirked. "No, Tyler. I hoped that someone cut up your corpse and fed i... More

Author's note
Prologue
Chapter 1- New beginnings
Chapter 3- Specs
Chapter 4- St Grace
Chapter 5- Chief
Chapter 6- Friends?
Chapter 7- Big brother
Chapter 8- Stalker
Chapter 9- Coffee
Chapter 10- Warnings
Chapter 11- Random stuff
Chapter 12- Conclusions
Chapter 13- Passionate mistake
Chapter 14- Super distraction
Chapter 15- Baby steps
Chapter 16- Meltdown
Chapter 17- Moving in
Chapter 18- Truce?
Chapter 19- Jealous much?
Chapter 20- Unexpected guest
Chapter 21- Tyler
Chapter 22- Holy shit
Chapter 23- Pancakes
Chapter 24- Shinny object
Chapter 25- Mosquito bites
Chapter 26- Paranoid?
Chapter 27- Dinner invite
Chapter 28- Awkward
Chapter 29- Photo bomb
Chapter 30- Lions den
Chapter 31- Bad kisser
Chapter 32- Decisions
Chapter 33- Katherine
Chapter 34- White hot pain
Chapter 35- Lavender
Chapter 36- Unwelcomed company
Chapter 37- Party plans
Chapter 38- Freaking out
Chapter 39- Psycho
Chapter 40- Jane Austen
Chapter 41- Orange juice
Chapter 42- Happy
Chapter 43- Get together
Chapter 44- Crimson liquid
Chapter 45- What now?
Chapter 46- Guilty
Chapter 47- Tidal wave
Chapter 48- Into my nightmare
Chapter 49- Safe
Chapter 50- Plan
Chapter 51- Repeat
Chapter 52- Limbo
Chapter 53- I'm sorry, what?
Chapter 54- Silver lining
Chapter 55- Interrogation
Chapter 56- Blip
Chapter 57- Endgame
Chapter 58- Bodyguards
Chapter 59- Delusional
Chapter 60- Hoodwinked
Chapter 61- Coded
Chapter 62- Pain and grief
Chapter 63- In due time
Epilogue
Cast list
Announcement!!!

Chapter 2- Face remodeling

132 11 10
By mikz0209

Kate

"Hey, Justin," I greeted the pilot as I got into the plane. Empty brown leather seats lined the inside. A en suite was at the back of the plane, classy I know, which I planned to make good use of.

"Miss Grey," he was always so formal no matter how many times I asked him not to be. He was young enough to be my brother so I saw no need for that type of formalities.

"Justin, I won't speak to you again if you don't call me Kate and I'm so sorry for the time changes. You know what Alex can be like sometimes," I buckled into one of the many available seats, ready for take off.

"I do indeed Miss..." I glared at him, "Kate," he finally managed to say and I smiled a little victory smile.

"That wasn't so hard was it," he smiled, shying away.

"Ready for take off?"

"Yes," I replied enthusiastically but all I really wanted to do was hit the hay for the rest of the night. At least I can have some rest before tomorrow.

Justin walked into the cockpit and closed the door behind him. Minutes later the plane began to move. I've always hated this part of flying, as well as the landing part. It upset me to my core and I was often convinced that I would throw up right then and there. Once we were safely in the air, I unbuckled myself from my seat and headed towards the cockpit to pay Justin one last visit before I knock out.

"Hey," Im pretty sure that I startled him but he hid it well, "if I'm still asleep by 8 o clock, don't hesitate to break down the door and throw a bucket of iced water on me okay."

"Okay, goodnight," he laughed.

"Goodnight." With that I headed out the cockpit towards the room.

I entered and locked the door behind me. Instant relief flooded my body as I got rid of my stilettos and freed myself from the dress, jewelry and makeup. I was way to drained to take a shower so I just changed into a pair of shorts and a baggy tee, my trademark sleep wear, and settled into bed. I set an alarm on my cell for 5 hours from now and snuggled into the comfy sheets and passed out blissfully.

***

I awoke to the annoying buzzing of my alarm. I could sense that we had landed and by looking at the time, I'm pretty sure we landed a good couple of hours ago. It was 6am already which meant that I had exactly an hour to get ready in order to be there in time. Don't want to make a bad impression on my first day.

I got out of bed and performed my regular morning routine. I had already picked out an outfit in advance and had it hung up saving me the ironing. I put on my black skinny jeans that reached just above my ankles, a baby blue blouse and 3 inch black heels. I applied minimal make-up, just some eyeliner and lipstick, and let my chocolate brown hair hang low in their natural wavy form. I grabbed my purse stuffed with my essentials and my white coat with Dr. K. Grey engraved above the left pocket and I was good to go.

The doors were open and as I walked out of the plane I found Justin waiting with a mug of what I assumed was black coffee in his hand. Next to him stood my ride, my pearl white BMW I8.

Thank you, Alex!

Alex always had a habit of gifting me things that couldn't fit in my pocket or in a purse and this baby right here was my 21st birthday gift from him.

"Morning," Justin greeted me, handing me my coffee.

"Thank you and morning to you too. What are you doing out?"

"Getting some fresh air. Ready for your first day?" He asked.

"Hopefully," I glanced at my wrist watch and realized that I had 20 minutes to get to the hospital. I walked to my car, "I have to go. Thank you for flying me," I said jumping in.

"No problem. Good luck, Kate." Wow, he said it without me asking. Finally!

"Thanks. See you around." He nodded as I turned the key in the ignition. The engine roared to life and I placed the car in gear and drove away.
White
Leaving the airport with ease, I navigated my way through the streets of Los Angeles, California. I cranked up the radio when Maroon 5's girls like you came on. I love that song. Luckily for me, I knew the route to the hospital off the back of my head having travelled on it regularly for the past 5 years. At least, when I had the time to.

I pulled up in the parking lot of St Grace memorial hospital just in time. The building was spectacular and never failed to impress me every time I saw it. Storey upon storey of modern day architectural excellence stood tall and proud. It was hard to believe that this hospital wasn't private. It sure looked like it. To be honest, it was quite intimidating.

Breathe girl, breathe! You got this. You've made it this far.

I've often found myself talking myself through situations and this was one of those times. So, after locking up my car I made my way towards the entrance of my future.

Digging through my purse, I looked for my ID badge. I should never attempt to multitask especially when one of the tasks involved walking. Bad decisions! Oblivious to my surroundings, I lost my sense of direction and found myself hitting the ground hard as I came into contact with what felt like a mountain.

"Shit," I whispered as I felt the subtle pain in my behind. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that my glasses had been knocked out during the minor impact which left me searching for it like a freaking blind bat.

Damn you myopia!

"Woah, babe!" A deep masculine voice let out.

Babe! Seriously! Whatever you cheap flirt. I didn't even bother to see who it was and I certainly didn't care. Where the F were my...

"Here!" The voice said crouching down by my side, handing me my eyes back. Thanks you stupid cheap flirt yet kind stranger.

Why are you still on the floor? You fell, you're not paralyzed.

Ohh well... I slid them on and readied myself to actually thank whoever returned my vision but the appreciation died as soon as that person spoke up again.

"You know, you shouldn't have gone through all this trouble just to get my attention. It was unnecessary babe and really you should give yourself more credit."

What the...ohh this guy was so headed for a face remodelling. Say something again smart ass, I dare you. At that point I was actually considering pouncing on him like a wild animal and clawing his noticably beautiful eyes.

Stop it, Kate.

He stood, extending his hand to help me up. I smacked it away and was met with a smug smile and a faked hurt expression from his side. I got up, by myself. Thank God I decided to wear jeans today. Just imagine this site from a dress, horrific! For me at least, never for the opposite species.

"I'm Tyler by the way," he announced. As much as I hate myself right now for admitting this, and I probably never will ever again because I might never see the dude again, but Tyler was gorgeous. He towered over me, standing at least 6'1" tall, athletic built with light hazel eyes that held you in a trance like state and thick, brown, overgrown hair that seemed to set so effortlessly on top of his head. His effortless style, obvious from his black jeans, Chuck's and plain black tee, was annoyingly admirable.

Just one glance at him would scream alpha play boy. If I were to guess, I'd say that all of these traits gave him imense power over women. Especially those sad, desperate and vulnerable ones. He was probably used to flirting his way in and out of situations.

Listen to me turning all profiler. I tried to ignore the fact that we've been in a staring competition while I was having my inner monologue moment.

"So," he went on having no reply from me, "are you going to tell me you're name or should I just go ahead and start calling you babe from now on."

There was a slim chance of me meeting this guy again so I just rolled my eyes, not wanting to entertain him any longer than I should, and began to walk away.

Yes, you definitely asserted yourself there.

Now was not the time for my subconscious to have me reevaluating my definition of feisty. I swear, I've actually considered the fact that I'm bipolar or have some sort off attention disorder but I'm not, so...

"Woah, woah, woah," my thoughts and my legs stopped when I felt him grab my wrists.

Calm down, Kate. You don't want to go to jail for beating up a stranger.

He caught me off guard when he spun me around to face him. Our faces were so close that I could feel the minty coolness of his breath hit my cheek as he spoke.

"Wanna have lunch with me sometime?" He asked in a low, husky voice that only I could hear. It's not like anyone else was interested in our stop- you- in- your- tracks conversation.

God, I was trying so hard not to unleash my inner ninja and kick this guy in the sacks. I mean, who the hell does he think he is. In an attempt to give him a piece of my mind, I spoke.

"I'd rather eat glass," Yes, that was the best thing that I could come up with okay!

It must've worked because his grip loosened which gave me the chance to free my wrists and walk away, finally realizing that I'm actually late. Damn you, Tyler whoever!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 72.6K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
1.3K 273 22
Caden grabs both of Lilly's hands, pulls them close to him, and says, "Lilly, please stop saying that. It's not your fault Caleb's a jerk who likes t...
405K 10.5K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
6.5K 314 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...