Healing The Enemy

Od Tick_Tack_Toe_Gimme_

She was meant to help kill them. She had the power and mentality to hurt someone to their breaking point. Sh... Více

Chapter 1: So-called Utopia

1 0 0
Od Tick_Tack_Toe_Gimme_

Deafening screams and grunts filled my ears like a deafening blow that stunned me momentarily in my rush to fix the broken man in front of me. Half of his face was unrecognisable. the pink skin was torn while most of the flesh had been removed by the impact of pavement. His sobs were almost inaudeble while all I saw move was what was left of his lips.

I had seen him multiple times on campus. He was such a playboy. Nothing wrong with that. He was also one of the most dedicated students and never missed a chance to higher his grades. Such a deep and enticing voice that melted like chocolate above a flame would surely be lost in this war.

The bullets were lodged too deep into his legs and my pathetic excuse for medical equipment simply wouldn't do the job. His face contorted in pain as I removed my hand from the bleeding wound. I would surely get another time-out for what I was about to do, yet why would anything like this matterin war. It shouldn't matter as long as he survives. Grabbing the disinfectant and heading to my cubbourd, I rummaged until I had found the thin torch that was given to me to help me aid soldiers in the night out in the field. The back of the torch could extend and had a magnet attached to it.

The magnet was actually for getting keys or coins out of small spaces. It was made for a normal household, yet I was sure it would do the job. What i hoped was awhimper, came from him and I realised I was wasting time contenmplating my decision.

Briskly walking over to the sink and drowning the back of the torch in the disinfectant after taking out the batteries, I was mentally preparing myself to accept the fate of this soldier on my concience. Eyes spilling the tears of lost hope met mine and I took a deep breath. My lungs seemd to expand tenfold, but deflate to the size of my tung when I breathed out. Carefully stretching the hole of the wound a little more open, I started pushing in the magnet side of the torch.

Fortunetely he was paralyzed with pain, so I was not met with any blows or movement in retaliation to stop any chance of helping him. This meant that the noise that his distorted features were making was much worse than before. I wouldn't be suprised if he passed out, had it not been for the amount of enery-based products he consumed each day.

I felt the magnet his something hard and started pulling it out, however halfway it lost the added weight. Risking putting him in more pain later, I continued to pull it out. All that I was met with was a sore sight of blood.

Frustration and a little hysteria set into my mind as i swiftly stuck it back into him, ignoring his grunts for me to stop and leave him to die. I was sure that I was pushing the torch in skew when I hit the same hard thing.

Then it hit me that that was his bone.

And that I had been a bit off when searching for the bullet.

A heavy stone settled in my stomache, rocking me on my feet to rhe point where my vision went momentarily black.

With little to no hope left, I started wiggling it around. He would be closer to death than a spirit by the time i got that bullet out.

I wasn't a docter. I wasn't trained. What did he expect?

Finally feeling the click of the bullet latching onto the magnet, I started pulling out once more. This was easier than before considering that I had enlarged the tiny hole in this body to the point where i could fit five pens in there.

The bastard came out like a newborn child. Causing excitement and a slight distress.

My patient had long since resorted to crying with his head hung to the side in defeat. I cupped his face, hoping that he was still sane and stable. With red eyes, he watched me with a marbid expression. Slowly working up a smile, I held the bullet in his line of sight as he slightly cowered.

"If you survive this I'll make this into a necklace for you to parade."

This seemed to , ironically, calm him down knowing that I was done tearing his insides apart. He closed his eyes and tried to smile. He stoopped when he realised he had not enough lip to do so.

I sat down next to him and propped my elbows up on the medical counter

" Don't worry. Yes, quite a bit of your face is gone, but if anything you'll still have thatmad personality of yours. Your face isn't the only thing people like you for. Damn I barely know you, but I've hread of what people say about you. Only twenty percent was about your God-gifted face. Not my words."

He seeemed amused by my pathetic attempt to console him, but I could see the relief behind his teary orbs. I let go of his face and rather softly stroked his hair where I assumed a headache would work its way up.

"Rest. I'll be back in a few."

Worried eyes searched my own.

"You won't die today."

Not to discredit my own work, but if I were him I wouldn't trust me when I had made a crater in his left leg.

Leaving him in his bruised and beaten state, I made my way to the door. The smell of rotten wound and alkohol filled my nose. Cowering beneath the rushing medical aiders, I was stopped in my tracks by the second most respected person in the medical ward.

"Mallory, you can't just exit. some of us need hel-"

Ticki.

"Fuck off. And if you even think of entering that room I will make sure you lose any recognision in your help here, or so God help me."

If anyone were to see my methods of extracting wound, I would most certainly be called crazy. Fortunetely this seemed to scare her off and she skidded to a halt while failing to turn left sharply and bumped into another person. Fucking nuisance.

The sound of an alarm going off caught my attension.

This war was absolute madness.

One school against another to solve what world- leaders couldn't. World peace was never a realistic outcome with all the hate in the world, yet this was hardly any better. Forcing Schools across the world to wage wars against another in huge stadiums to determine the new leaders of the world was never in my life's planning.

These stadiums were huge fields with two apposing kingdoms. Atleast thats what we called them. We were enclosed in walls directly across our enemy whom has the exact infrastructure as us. Both our gates in a straight line from one another, causing both of us to attack with PeaShips by directly driving them into one another's territory through the gates. These gate's pathway lead directly through the kingdom and out the other side. All that stood between a PeaShip and the destruction of our Buildings were steel walls on either side of the path

Inside these walls were various separated sections. The medical ward at the very back was where I spent most of my time pent up in my 'office' trying to basically revive the dead. next we had the sleeping quarters, food court,supplies cabins and further was just places for soldiers to recieve their orders and keep the enemy from actually committing mass murder inside these walls.

Soldiers were girls and boys ranging from the range of thirteen up to seventeen. Once you turned eighteen, you were administered hormones to keep you young. This helped you keep up with the rest and made for an interesting show. Keep in mind that these were children that were simply taken from our homes where we never had killed someone, unless you had a dysfuntional household. In which case, you had that on your side. Also called Magnets with the way they just seemed to just attract metal to any part of their body. Mostly bullets

Those who refused to kill worked in the medical ward, we were called Spoons since we basically scooped out bullets like ice cream out of a bowl on a daily basis. We played Eienstein, trying to revive what was basically dead next time, if not allready.

The people who cooked and cleaned were mostly just people who had lost a few limbs or their sanity. We simply reffered to them as Saints. you had to be one to stillwant to help out after some of the things they went through.

This war would be the end of most people's sanity. Even if we won, we would only get a month rest and be thrown into the next battle.

Even if we won against every school and came out at top, we would lose more than we ever had.

We would have no good to bring to the world as their new leaders

It was a losing battle.

I sat down on the roof of the ward and looked out at all of the chaos around me. We were currently waiting for our PeaShip to come back.

It was a fine piece of technology.

In the shape of a pea pod, filled with seven separated command rooms for one person each. From in there they could shoot guns and throw grenades. Fire and damaging liqiuds was another option.

I fell back and looked up to the sky. Even though we were in the middle of a deadly war, the sky wouldn't give a fuck. Blue as can be and clearer than new glass. The only constant. My only constant. It couldn't be bothered to match the mood of distain, despair and hoplessness that we all felt. Following it's own melody like the wind.

Clear air so high up was my drug. the crisp air would burn my lungs as I savoured the pain. It was so pure and i could controll it. Not like the blood that wouldn't stop flowing or the screans that I couldn't silence.Not like the war that changed my friends. Or the deaths that destroyed their spirit.

Pity.

It really ruined all of us.

"Are you going to lie here all day and let Ticki break in and harass your patient

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

3M 109K 31
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
868K 72.2K 34
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
2.8M 161K 50
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
855K 27.7K 69
"Real lifeမှာ စကေးကြမ်းလွန်းတဲ့ စနိုက်ကြော်ဆိုတာမရှိဘူး ပျော်ဝင်သွားတဲ့ယောကျာ်းဆိုတာပဲရှိတယ်" "ခေါင်းလေးပဲညိတ်ပေး Bae မင်းငြီးငွေ့ရလောက်အောင်အထိ ငါချ...