Twelve Wishes

By taehys

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐣𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐮 Number 12, I wish Chimmy were human. © sweater-paws 2018 More

before you read
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven

eight

1.2K 96 68
By taehys

cold, chimmy's hands are cold.

the blazing winter breeze keeps blowing where he stood his ground, in the middle of the crowded shopping centre where you last brought your present for your brother, seokjin.

you told seokjin everything that morning. to say he thought you were crazy and aliens are invading your mind was understandable, but after seeing chimmy himself, his jaw dropped to the floor. i must be dreaming, he says as he pokes every inch of the boy's body. chimmy didn't like when he's poked, especially since seokjin did it a little too hard.

"here, take my hand, kiddo," seokjin says and chimmy obliges. seokjin's hand is as cold as his, making the silver-haired boy hiss as their skin touches.

the pair of boys are waiting for you to come out of the store, however seokjin receives a text from you, "i met a friend, gonna catch up with 'em. take care of chimmy for me?" he replies, "sure, but you owe me a sandwich after this."

he knows you're rolling your eyes as you read his text, making him smirk in satisfaction because you're gonna do it anyway, you love your annoying brother.

"let's go, chim," seokjin waves their hands back and forth and gives him a wide smile.

"where a-are we going?"

"finding your y/n a birthday present."

the latte on your hand was warm, contrasting with the bitter coldness from your hands that have been shaking since you've been in the cold for half an hour. you take a sip of the drink, warmth radiating through your skin. you let out a sigh of relief as the sweetness lingers on the tip of your tongue.

"thanks for the treat, namjoon, you didn't have to."

"the pleasure's all mine," he says, dimples poking out when he smiles. "besides, i should've talked to you a long time ago."

you shift in your seat, your shoulders leaning on the backseat. you wonder what could possibly be so important that you two have to meet alone. chimmy sticks on the back of your head, this better be quick.

"this may be hard to believe, but the truth is," he sighs before continuing, "i helped make your dream become reality."

your eyebrows knit together in confusion, "what do you mean?"

"i mean," he recites, "i wish chimmy were real, that's what you wanted right?"

"i-i don't understand—"

"you don't have to," he coughs, "what i wanted to say was, thank you for taking care of him even when he can't do it himself."

it takes a bit of time for you to sink in the information the man has spread, you don't know whether to trust his words or not. but then again, he knew about chimmy and the genuineness in his sentences seem sincere.

"how do i know if i should trust you?", you eye him suspiciously, "anything you're saying right now could be made up and you're just a stalker."

he chuckled, not a second of being offended by your rude reply. "it's up to you to trust me or not, i'm just doing my job here."

"namjoon?", you dug your head low, not wanting to meet his brown eyes.

"what is it?"

"will he ever go back to being a cat?" your low voice stumbles out, breath shivering. just thinking about the topic makes your chest tight. you don't need namjoon to be real or not, you just want an answer. a reassurance so you have something to hold on to.

truthfully, at the beginning, seeing chimmy become human makes you panic. questions like when he will turn back into what he was before, how you were gonna afford to pay for two when you've been on tight money, how people around you are gonna react around him, it all popped into your head at once. but seeing him right there, being by your side, talking to you as a human being, as a person who can express their emotions dearly, you wish it could be like this everyday. you never want him to go back.

it's selfish, you know, but how can you not be when he's everything you wanted in life and more?

"only if you want to—"

"no!," you say immediately. "i mean..i'm happy, i'm so so happy. i just want things to stay the way it is."

namjoon places a hand on your cold ones, sending you a comforting smile, "wish granted."

seokjin leaves your house with a grin as he takes a bite of his sandwich that you bought for him. you keep your promises after all.

it was evening already when you and chimmy sit on your fluffy sofa, cross-legged as you two hold each other's present close.

"y/n go first," he says, smiling so wide his eyes disappear. he hugs his present close, not allowing you to catch even a glimpse of it.

"alright," you snicker and hand him your little box wrapped in a little bow. he gasps when he opens the box, revealing a silver pendant in the shape of two hands linking their pinkies together. he holds the jewellery with care, his ebony eyes full of admiration as he struggles to find the right words to say to you.

"i know it's not much but.. that's the least i could give you."

"chimmy loves it so much," he whispers and ends up in your arms a second later, hugging you tight. he closes his eyes, nuzzling closer into your neck as he grasps the pendant firmly. he agrees when you ask him to put it on for him, turning on his back and letting you do the work. the metal feels cold against his skin, but the beauty of the present intensifies as it touches his skin.

chimmy can't stop smiling. seeing him with a smile on his face makes you glad that he likes the present. you can't afford much for him, but seeing it on the store you bought from earlier, you knew instantly it would mean something special.

"i promise you i would always be by your side, no matter what you think or what other people might say. i promise you to make you happy, to cherish you no matter what the first time i laid my eyes on you, didn't i? i'm still here, and i'll be here always."

his glittery eyes are watering when you finish your short speech, words can't explain how much you mean to him too. he sniffles before wiping his tears with his sweater, ready to give you his present.

"c-close your eyes," he commands, jokingly placing his chubby hands over your eyes. he lets out a giggle when he feels your eyelashes tickling on his palm.

"okay, what should i do next?"

"j-just shh," he hushes, a finger on your lips.

you feel his figure coming closer and closer, until his breathe fans over your rosy lips. his hands cup your face, before his soft thumb grazes over your bottom lip. "i love you," was his last words before sealing the space between the two of you.

he kisses you on the lips. just like him, it was sweet, soft, gentle, like a pillow you never want to leave. it takes you a second to kiss him back, god, this is so wrong but it feels so right. but he's human after all, right?

"i- love- you," he says in-between short breaths, struggling to keep up as he wraps his arms around your shoulders, heating up the kiss.

the two stay like that for a while before you finally pull back gently. heavy breaths fill the room, and it takes your brain a full minute to click on what just happened because it feels like you are in a dream, a never-ending fantasy of love.

you pinch yourself to make sure you're real, that all of this is real. it hurts when you do, so none of this is your imagination.

"chimmy loves you, whether i-i'm a cat, human, or any other form, chimmy will always love y/n."

you caress his silver locks, admiring him with so much love within your whole body. "i love you, too."

"but tell me, did seokjin teach you all this?" you tsk.

"he did," he blushes, "do y-you not like it?"

"baby," you place a chaste kiss on his lips, making the boy blush like mad, "does that answer your question?"

he inarguably nod, loving the taste of your lips on his plump ones. he cuddles onto your chest, slipping your arm onto his shoulder. chimmy's natural scent radiates through the air, with the calming atmosphere surrounding you full of tranquility and peace. it's times like this when you just want time to stop, you want to stay with your chimmy and let it be like this forever, please.

"merry christmas, y/n, and happy birthday," he mumbles as he plays with your hair.

i can't believe i'm in love with my cat, you thought. and he loves me back just as much, or maybe more.

and this all happened because of a diary, a shooting star, and your precious twelve wishes.

end.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

if you've stayed until the end, thank you so so much. thank you for reading and supporting my book although i may not be the best writer,
thank you for having faith in me ☺️
i hope you continue to read my stories bc a new one is coming up
thank you, have a happy new year!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 2.4K 16
Enjoy BTS oneshots. REQUEST OPEN.
14.6K 413 73
Ranking #130 Angstwithhappyending 17th April 2023 #850 ships -1st May 2023 #995 ships -22nd April 2023 #762 ships -7th May 2023 #220 jikook -15th...
327K 13.7K 39
'will you be my cuddle buddy?'
2.1K 1.2K 30
'𝑯𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒆.' 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝: 30 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞...