Art of Afterlife

By Masaki1335

What happens after death? The question all want answered but none know. After something happens in a young gi... More

Chapter 1
chapter 2 pt.1
chapter 2 pt. 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 3 pt. 2
Chapter 4 pt. 1

Chaoter 4 pt. 2

2 0 0
By Masaki1335

"Yup, just did that," i say and she nodded.

"Well, we need more chairs, only about four more, since we have the picnic table," she says and i nodded.

"Are parties normally held there?" i asked as we walked back down to the school.

"Actually that picnic table has been there for awhile and no one knows why, but it's a great spot for parties, so we use it when we feel like it."

"Wow, that thing must be ancient," i joked a bit, and she chuckled.

"Yeah probably," she admits.

"So who exactly is coming?" i asked and she though for a second.

"Alex, Alice, ana-marie, and Elle, and myself of course," she says and i nodded, so i suppose not everyone was going to be there. I was slightly surprised Ana-marie was going to be there, i had only talked her once, when i had jumped out the window. "Ana-marie was a surprising one, but she said she you had stolen her heart," she says and i looked at her funny, "all while eating a bag of chips and reading," and i laughed.

"She seems like the kind of person to never have her heart stolen," i joked and Diana laughed.

"Well who knows," i smiled as we entered the school, and no one was inside and i wondered if school was already out.

Diana lead me too a room with the label, 'storage,' and it was a dank dark room with boxes and chairs in the far corner. We both grabbed two foldable camp chairs, and i was surprised this place had such accommodations, this place seemed to have everything modern and i wondered, how far back did the history of this place go?

We walked back out, with the chairs, and we closed the doors behind us and left the school empty once more. We walked up into the forest, the chairs finally getting heavy after a few minutes of walking. I sighed and i set them down, and i breathed a little heavy and Diana chuckled, and she set down her chairs too,"come on, we're close," she says patting me back, and i sighed and i stood up and huffed, i grabbed the chairs, and i started dragging them and Diana laughed.

I dragged them the rest of the way and once we got there, the two gods, seemed to arguing again and i sighed heavily, not really surprised, "hey you two," i say and i leaned the chairs up against the picnic table, and Diana did the same.

The two gods, looked my way, and i looked down at the assorted foods, they both laid them out well, it was very well done, and i smiled, "you two did a nice job sorting out the foods," Diana says stealing my words.

"Did you actually compliment me?" Ace asked, mockingly surprised and she rolled her eyes

"Didn't realise you had a soft side for food assortments," Crow goes along with Ace's joke and i snickered a little, i couldn't help it.

"shut it, both of you," she said pointing at them, "and don't think i didn't hear you laugh," she says addressing me and i yipped a bit, and shut my mouth, but a smile still on my mouth.

"Has the party already started?" someone says and all of us turn and look, Standing there, was Elle, and her god, a young looking girl, with bright blonde hair but deeps brown eyes. Elle had her violet hair put up into a ponytail and she was holding cans of beer and i gulped, i don't think i'm old enough for beer.

Diana laughed, "nope, you're just on time, and you brought the beer, i knew i could count on you," she says walking over and hugging her, and Elle smiled and hugged her with one arm, Diana let go and Elle walked over to the table then me, and she bent over and hugged me and picked me up, and while Elle seemed pretty monotoned, she was a great hugger as she stood up while hugging me and my feet lifted off the ground.

"Glad i could make it on time, the principal told me no alcohol, so i had to sneak it," she says to Diana, and she sets me back down, "congrats on the whole seal thing," she says and i nodded, "and the whole name thing, you got it on your neck right?" she asked and i nodded. "Cool mine is on my ankle," she says.

"I didn't know you could get it on other places," i say feeling the back of my neck a little, although i couldn't feel it, nor see it without the aid of another mirror.

"Well xena technically decides," she says and i nodded, "alright, should i wait to open a beer, or can i open one now?" she turned and asked Diana, and diana put her hands up, in a mock surrender and elle whispered to herself, "sweet," she says and grabs a beer and opens it. And up until that moment, she seemed to have not noticed Ace and Crow. she looked at them, then at Diana, then back to them, and then back to diana and she pointed with a lifted brow.

"We can be where we want you know," Ace says, "Besides," he says walking over to me, "she's fond of us, right?" Ace said and i looked up at him, and i made a grossed out face, "oh geez don't be like that," he says and i laughed a bit.

"Kidding, kidding," i say and he smiled. Crow cracked a small smile, but he didn't look my way, and instead he sat down at the table, trying not to be noticed too much.

"Alright, well as long as you want 'em," Elle said to me shrugging, and Diana rolled her eyes, Diana i could tell was more, much, more uptight about them than Elle was.

"It's getting dark, time to start the fire," Diana said as Elle took a camping chair and unfolded it with one hand while her other hand was holding her beer, she sats down in it, and Diana coaxed me down to the floor, with her, "wanna see how to set a fire?" she asked and i nodded.

"I wanna see too," Ace said, complaining a little, as he sat down next to me, and Diana, frowned but she did nothing more, she grabbed a piece of paper from her pocket and she lit the fire with a match, and i laughed a bit, i was sure she was cheating by using that. But she lit the paper and she set the paper down under the teepee of wood and the twigs caught on fire and i smiled as the fire grew. "Wasn't that just cheating?" Ace asked and i laughed a bit.

"Shut up, it started the fire didn't it?" she asked and i nodded.

"Well, it did, but i still think that's cheating." he stated and i smiled.

"Definitely cheating,' Elle said smiling, while her little god nodded along with Elle, and Diana rolled her eyes, and i looked back at Crow.

"Do you think it's cheating?" i asked him and he looked over.

"It started didn't it?" he asked and i laughed and Diana smiled.

"See, it's not cheating," she said and i smiled and laughed a bit.

"Sure, whatever, he's just a dult," Ace says and Crow rolled his eyes.

"Looks like you all are having fun," Ana-marie buts in. and she walks to a chair.

"Hi Ana-marie," i said and she looked down at me her hand still holding her chips and she bent down quickly, and patted my head, i smiled and she stood back up, grabbed her chair and sat down, her god not here with her.

"So what were you asses talking about?" she asked calling all of us asses.

"Whether using a match was cheating when starting a fire," Ace said and she laughed.

"It got the fire started didn't it?" she asked looking down at the fire, and Diana lifted her hand and looked at Ace and Elle as she gestured to Ana-marie.

"See," she said and i smiled, and Ace rolled his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, i'm just surrounded by dults," he says and Ana-marie, Crow and even Elle rolled their eyes simultaneously. "And that was creepy," he says noticing all them roll their eyes, he shook his head and he sat down on the other side of the bench, facing the rest of us.

"Well that's not nice, i didn't even take a side to this," i said standing up, and diana does the same, she too stands up and we grab the last of the two chairs. There was more room on the bench, but i didn't know how Alex or Alice would feel about sitting next to them two, considering, no one seems to enjoy them too much. I set down my chair anyway, and i sat down till one of them came first.

"Well, excluding you, and Elle, she also agreed with me," he says and i chuckled.

Diana then suddenly sucked in her breath and held it her eyes wide, then she let go for a second, "what the heck was that?" i asked and she chuckled.

"Alice just said she couldn't make it, she's making something, and she can't get away," she says and i quirked a brow, "telepathy," she says and i nodded.

"Well that sucks, she was supposed to bring wine," Elle says and i'm starting to think she's a bit of an alcoholic.

"You don't need wine, you have your beers," Ana-marie says and i smiled a bit.

"I brought more beer!!" i hear Alex say right on time too, just as the sun set below the horizon, he came around a tree with two six packs of beer, and i wondered how they even got these beers.

"Yes! You are the man!" Elle said cheering and stood up and raised her hands in the air and Alex set the bears down onto the table, he glanced at Ace and Crow, but didn't say anything.

"Hey there new kid, so you finally got your name, he said and walked over to me and ruffled my hair and i smiled, i stood up a bit.

"Want a chair," i said offering it to him and he smiled and ruffled my hair even more.

"Thanks kid," he says as he sits down, and i sit down between Crow and Ace. Diana glared a bit at me and i looked at her and i just stared at her, and she shook her head. "So what's up with these two, "he asked opening a beer.

"You mean Ace and Crow? Lynn kinda didn't exclude them from the party, so now they're here," Diana said and i rolled my eyes.

I patted both Crow and Ace on the back, "i enjoy them, can i not?" i asked and Alex just laughed a bit.

"Really, you do?" Ace said happily and Crow just gave me a small smile, and while i had only talked to him today exstendly, he was nice, but he slightly acted like a kid in an adults body.

"Yeah yeah," i say brushing him off kiddingly, and i waved my hand dismissively.

"Hey, don't say it like that!" he complained, and i smiled and laughed a bit.

"Y'all are like kids," Ana-marie states.

"I know right," Diana says and Elle and Alex laughed.

"Well considering i am a kid," i say and they all thought for a second and she chuckled and nodded.

"I guess that's still true," Elle says.

I turned around a little and i grabbed some food, no one had yet to eat any and i took a bite, it was bland, "now i know why no one likes to eat here," i joked a little and Ana-marie giggled and Elle chuckled.

"Yeah, it's horribly bland," Alex says and i nodded.

"Why?" i asked.

"Because second chance souls don't have much taste buds, the lack of tastes enhances our other senses, so we can live safer," Ana-marie says and i frowned, why would we need our other senses enhanced.

"Why?" i asked and they chuckled.

"You'll learn that in class," Diana says and i groaned.

"Why can't you just tell me now?" i complained and Diana laughed a bit.

"Because we're too lazy to teach?" Elle answers and i frowned.

"Darn," i say slightly annoyed.

"Just get to the school already and you'll do fine," Ana-marie says and i nodded, still a little upset. "Elle, hand me a beer," she says and Elle pointed to the table behind me, "lynn hand me a beer," she says and i looked at her sideway, "i'm way older than you, calm down," she says and i grabbed the beer and i tossed it too her from over the fire. "Thanks," she says.

"No problem," i say and i sit back down.

"Could i have one?" Ace asked, and i looked up at him, and i quirked a brow.

"They're literally right behind you," i say and ana and elle snickered a little.

"I just think he wants you to hand it to him," Ana-marie says and Alex chuckled a little while Diana turned and glared.

"Quit that," Ace said and even Crow chuckled a bit.

"Could you hand me a beer?" Crow asked me and i quirked my brow at him, but i grabbed one from behind Ace and i handed him one, and Crow smiled and thanked me, then he looked up at Ace and he smirked, i looked back at Ace and he looked almost to the point of angry and i giggled a bit, and everyone laughed about the exchange.

I grabbed another beer and i grabbed ace's gloved hand and i put the beer into his hand, "there, now both of you quit acting like kids," i say and i smiled up at them both and Ace looked away as i let go of his hand.

"Look at that, Ace is blushing!" Alex said and i looked at ace, i leaned over to him to see but he just kept looking away and i chuckled a bit, and i leaned back.

"Lynn, you have something sticking out your pocket," Diana states and i looked down to my pocket, it was the two clues, and i frowned a bit and as i reached for it, to stick it back in Ace grabs it.

"Hey!" i say and i try to snatch it back.

"I just wanna see, is it that big of a secret?" he asked and i frowned.

"Now i'm curious," Ana-marie states, that wicked girl, and she smirked.

"Give it," i say and i reached up, but then he stood up, and held it above my head, and i stood on the table, "come on!" i say and Ana-marie and Elle, and even Diana chuckled a little, "come you you guys, don't laugh," i say jumping, and he tossed it at Crow, and he caught it in his hands and i leaned back over to Crow, and he too stood up, and stood away from the table.

"Open it Crow," Ace said teasing me and i frowned an di walked over to crow and he started to open it, and i grabbed his arm sleeve, and pulled it down, but he was slightly stronger than me, more like extremely.

"Gosh darn it," i say and i pulled myself up and i grabbed one of the sheets, and i tried to get the other one and Ace grabbed the one i had form my hand, "damn it you two," i say and they opened the papers and they stopped moving, their eyes widened.

"What's wrong?" diana asked. She stood up and Ana-marie stood up too, worry crossing their faces, and Alex and Elle watched carefully, seeing the worry.

"What are these?" Aced asked, and i gulped.

"They're... they're my clues... to my god" i say a little worried, and they both turned the sheets towards me.

"This is me."

They both say in unison

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90 11 5
----------- About ----------- My social name is Bullzie, but my pen name is Kilzye. This story takes place in 2032, where superpowers come from gene...
65 0 18
Following the events of her graduating and leaving DWMA for a few other missions, Grimoire, the daughter of lord death, and friends return to the sch...
365 30 34
What happens when God dies and you are chosen to replace them? How will our mc fare against fallen angels, the undead, monsters and demons alike. The...
640 7 24
What happens when gods and goddesses fall in love? What happens when the hero isn't you? Everything seemed to have hit rock-bottom for Karma. A colle...