Half

By mukesangel_

Sweet Pea was 5 years old, having the best family; a rich Serpent father who worked for his money, and his mo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:

Chapter 26:

46 1 0
By mukesangel_

Once we made it back home to the trailer park, we saw the trailer door open. Jughead and I looked at each other before rushing to the front door. Fangs, Toni, Sweet Pea and FP were all sat on the couch.

"Hey guys." I spoke casually.

"Hey was stalking the Coopers?" Toni smirked.

"Successful, why? She didn't call, did she?" Jughead spoke.

"No, why?" Sweet Pea spoke.

"Someone was home as we were about to leave, so we had to leave out of Betty's window."

"Oh, no one's called." Fangs spoke. I nodded.

Jughead guided me to the kitchen table where I sat down across from him. He pulled out the journal and started to analyze it. He started to go back and read previous entries but stopped. He reached in his bag and grabbed a file.

"I found this in Alice's room. It was still in it's envelope." He spoke as he opened up the file and laid it in front of me. It was a death certificate. It was from the examiner's office.

I picked up the certificate and read the information on it.

Name: Elizabeth "Betty" Cooper

Height: 5'6 168 cm. Weight: 55 kg 121 lbs.

Cause of death: Suicide by Drowning in Bathtub.

Blood Type: A Positive

I put the certificate back on the table and looked at Jughead. The radio static taking over the trailer. Breaking news soon came through.

"Afternoon Riverdale, this is your breaking news. Riverdale resident and student at Riverdale High, Elizabeth 'Betty' Cooper has died, her cause of death hasn't been known but is being ruled as a murder."

I looked at Jughead who looked as shocked as me. We were the only ones who knew the truth.

"What are we gonna do Jughead?"

"Sell those papers to the news, that's all we can do right now, Peanut."

Jughead stood up and grabbed his bag from the back of his chair and I grabbed the file from the table. We walked out of the kitchen and out of the trailer.

I pulled Jughead so he stopped walking and I put the file inside his bag.

"Here." Jughead said, tossing me an extra helmet. I buckled it on and held tight around his waist while straddling the bike.

"Hang on Juliet." He smirked as he started up his bike and drove on the other side of the train tracks and to the news station.

Jughead stopped his bike and took his helmet off, as I did the same.

"Here it is." Jughead sighed.

"You ready, Jughead?" I asked, looking at him.

"As ready as I'll ever be." He said back.

He was walking towards the door and I reached for his hand to hold, gently brushing my thumb against his knuckles. He looked down, as I tore my gaze off of our intertwined hands and met his eyes. I smiled slightly and walked with him to the door and walked inside. People were running everywhere with clipboards. We walked to the receptionist desk.

"Kids, we're busy right now." She kindly said.

"Oh we know, We have a story for you." Jughead said. He handed me the file from the bag and held it in front of me.

"We have the inside details of Betty Cooper's death." I said handing the file to the lady.

"How much?"

"1 million." Jughead said while smirking slightly.

"Okay." She said, reaching down for her phone.

"Hey, we have two kids here with the scoop of Betty Cooper's death."

"Okay, will do." She said.

She told us the directions to her boss's office. Jug and I walked hand in hand to the office. When we got to the door, we walked in and sat down at the desk.

"So, you have the scoop of Betty's death?" The man asked.

He came out of the shadows and we sat up straighter as he sat in front of us on the other side of the desk.

"Yes, we do." Jughead said.

"You want a million dollars for it?"

"Yes." Jughead spoke again.

"How do I know this is the real deal?"

"We have the death certificate from the coroner's office."

"May I see this certificate?"

I looked at Jughead who nodded slightly. I opened the file and laid it on the desk. The man picked up the certificate and looked at it. Touching the dents that the handwriting left on the crisp paper.

"And nobody has seen this before?"

"No one, it would be exclusive. So exclusive Betty's mother hasn't seen it." I said, smiling.

"Fine, I'll take you up on this deal." The man said.

He put the certificate back on the folder and brought out a checkbook and wrote a check. He tore the check out of the book and handed it to us.

We looked at the check and stood up from our chairs at the table.

"We will get this on the news later today."

"Thank you." Jughead said.

We got up and walked out of the office then we walked out the news building and to Jug's bike. We got on the bike and Jug started his bike. I leaned against his back with my arms around his waist. He started driving to the trailer park.

"Well, that was a success." Jughead was smirking. I nodded.

"That was awesome." I said.

We got off the bike and started to walk inside the trailer. Alice was there, her stomach protruding more than I'd ever seen. The radio was static-y like always before the news anchor started speaking.

"Hello residents of Riverdale, this is your local news, the number one radio news station in Riverdale. Today we bring the scoop of beloved resident Betty Cooper's death."

"How do you they know about my Betty? I don't even know." Alice panicked, while holding her large stomach.

"Calm down, Alice, you'll find out." FP said calmly to mask his panic.

"Betty Cooper, beloved Riverdale resident, straight A student at Riverdale High, passed away on Saturday evening from suicide by drowning in the bathtub."

Alice started crying as she heard the words about her daughter, and FP sat beside her and rubbed her back soothingly.

"I'm a terrible mother! 2 of my kids died and one is psycho. One isn't even born yet and will have to find out how cruel this world is." She said.

Jug and I watched them from the walkway of the trailer. A few minutes later, Jughead guided me to his bedroom where he closed and locked the door behind us.

"How could Alice not know about Betty's death? Her own daughter?" Jug spoke in a harsh tone that I've never heard before.

"Calm down Jug, when we searched their house it was still in an envelope. She must've seen the envelope and decided to wait until later to see it."

"Oh my god." Jughead looked back at me. Bringing his hands to his forehead.

A few moments later, Jughead unlocked the door and we walked out to the room where Alice was still recovering from her sudden news.

"Kids, come here for a second." FP said, somewhat calmly.

We looked at each other before walking towards the living room where FP and Alice were.

"As you heard, Betty's story was told on the news. But, Alice didn't get to see the certificate yet. Was it one of you that told the news what happened to Betty?" He asked, staring into Jughead's eyes.

I sat down on the arm of the chair behind me.

"FP, I did it. I wanted to know Betty's motive, and found her certificate."

"I appreciate your honesty, Peanut, but surely Jughead had to help you if you're speaking the truth here." Alice spoke gently.

"Yes Alice, I did it. I helped her. I came up with the plan to find a motive, and my fearless sidekick decided to help. We truly had good intentions." Jughead said, standing up.

"Look guys, I appreciate you telling the town what happened to Betty, but I had no idea." Alice spoke again. Jug and I nodded along.

We walked back to the bedroom and sat on the bed. Then, Jughead took off his beanie and placed it on the bedside table. He then pulled me down onto the bed so I was laying on his chest while he had his arms around my waist. Everything felt okay, in that moment.

I looked up at Jughead, who smiled down at me, I mirrored his actions.

"How is it that you can make me happy despite the chaos in this town?" He asked.

"I don't know. I could ask you the same thing." I said back.

He leaned down and kissed me, not moving from our previous position. We kept kissing for about ten seconds and pulled away from the kiss to catch our breaths. Jughead leaned up and I backed away as he reached for the hem on the bottom of his shirt and lifted it up over his head. I smiled and laid back down on his chest, kissing it occasionally. My arms wrapping themselves around his waist securely.

"How'd I get this lucky, Pea? My whole life I've been broken and you come in and magically put everything together." He smiled and spoke delicately.

"Jug, my life has been chaotic since I've moved to Riverdale, but the best of going through all of this has been having you." I closed my eyes as he stroked my hair gently, like I was breakable glass. He wrapped his other arm around my shoulders.

We stayed that way for the rest of the night, perfectly content.

A/N: So sorry for not updating in a hot minute! Been busy with the holidays and such... I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and chapter 27 will be out very soon 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458K 7.8K 76
"you and the north side princess?" ------ sweet pea story #1 in Archie💚 #3 in fp❤️ #3 in Andrews💛 #14 in Riverdale💙
78.1K 1.7K 30
Reagan has come back to Riverdale to live with her "Uncle FP" and his son Jughead after many years away. She has forgotten how lawless Riverdale can...
33K 876 33
after the events of sophomore year, everyone thinks things will only return to normal, but when a rival gang returns to riverdale and the serpents ar...
405K 8.3K 37
Lola Carter. Former bad girl gone good. Serpent royalty. Best friend of Jughead Jones. When her father sees her being dragged too deep into the snake...