Fake Smiles and Cut Wrists

By Carl_Grimes_lover_0

TRIGGER WARNING 14 year old Chandler Russell has a hard life to say the least. His dad is a drunk who beats h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50: FINAL CHAPTER!

Chapter 21

116 5 6
By Carl_Grimes_lover_0

TRIGGER WARNING

Chandler's POV
I'm currently sitting in the nurses office getting my wrists bandaged. "Not the first time this has happened, am I right?" Nurse Cathy asked.

"Y-yes ma'am." I stammered.

"Parker, you can head back to class now." Nurse Cathy said. He gave her an unsure look before walking back to class.

"You're lucky none of these cuts need stitches." She said to me. "Very lucky." I heard a familiar voice say. I looked at the doorway to see Mr. Addams standing there.

"M-Mr. Addams! W-what are you doing in here?" I asked nervously. "My office is right over there, kid. I saw you on my way to the bathroom. More importantly, what are doing in here?" He asked.

I didn't know what to say.

"I...u-um..." I tried to come up with something, anything to say. "Meet me in my office after you get your arms bandaged. We'll talk." He said and left.

This is gonna be awkward.

3rd Person POV
"Good to have you back, Chandler. Where were you?" Mr. Addams asked. Chandler shifted uncomfortably and played with his fingers. This was the one question he didn't want to answer.

He knew once he told Mr. Addams he was kidnapped that he would want to know what happened.

"Look Chandler, we don't have to talk about anything that you're not comfortable with. But you can talk to me." Mr. Addams said.

Chandler actually felt relieved. The truth was, he really did want to talk to someone, but he didn't want to worry people. He also didn't want people to think of him as a freak.

"I...w-was taken away by a man named Ryan. One of my dad's friends." Chandler started. "Okay. And where did he take you?" Mr. Addams followed.

"T-to a house. There was this man named Andy and he was really nice. He tried to help me, and eventually it worked. He helped me escape. My dad helped me escape too." Chandler explained.

"Your dad? How?" Mr. Addams asked, confused.

"He broke out of jail. I-I thought he was gonna help his friends and do-- what they did. But he didn't. When this guy tried to...t-to hurt me he beat him up and told me to call the cops." Chandler answered, getting quiet at the end.

"...W-wow. I'm very sorry, Chandler. That must've been hard to go through. Are you doing better?" Mr. Addams asked sympathetically.

"I-I guess." Chandler said, slumping down in his chair.

"Well kid, this is the second time you've been caught hurting yourself at school. I'm required by law to call the children's home and let them know what's going on." He sighed and picked up the phone to call Ms. Roberts.

{At lunch}

"Who's the new girl?" Zay asks as he sits next to Chandler, Laura, and Parker.

"Her name is Brianna or something like that. I already don't like her." Laura answers, not looking up from her book.

"Why don't you like her?" Parker asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Just the way she was acting, like the world owes her something. I don't know, maybe I'm being too judgy." Laura answers.

"Nah, you're probably right. She looks like the kinda pers-- wait a minute. Chandler what happened to your arms? Why are they bandaged? Are you okay?" Zay asked, forgetting about Brianna.

"Yeah, Chandler. I'm sure we would all like to know." Parker said sarcastically. Laura stopped reading her book and looked at Chandler with a concerned look plastered on her face.

"I-I'm fine guys. R-really it's nothing." Chandler lied.

"It's not nothing, Chandler. We're your friends, you can talk to us." Laura said softly. "I know what happened, but I don't think he would want me to tell you." Parker says.

What? You knew something happened and didn't tell us? Why?" Laura questioned, getting angry. "I-It wasn't my place!" Parker said in a panic.

"Guys, please. It's really not a big deal." Chandler said quietly. But not so quietly that Laura couldn't hear him.

She gently grabbed his wrist, and unwrapped the bandage under the table as Chandler weakly protested.

She gasped when she saw, angry red lines painted onto his arms, blood staining the bandage.

Chandler looked down, ashamed.

"How long?" She asks sympathetically.

"Since the seventh grade. I-it was stupid and I'm sorry. I won't do it again." He promised quietly.

"I need you to keep that promise, even when it feels like you can't, okay? Please, can you do that for me?" She pleaded. Chandler just nodded and wrapped his hand back up.

{The end of the day}
Chandler and Laura were walking out to the bus loop (holding hands cuz they love each other) when they spotted Jared.

"Hey losers!" He yelled.

"What do you want Jared? I have better things to do." Laura said and rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah, like what? Make out with your girlfriend?" Jared teased, his friends laughing.

"Hey, Jared!" They heard a girl yell from behind Jared. "Not now, Autumn!" Jared yelled.

"Jared why don't you leave people alone? You wouldn't want me telling mom about this, would you?" The girl, presumably Autumn, said.

"Why don't you mind your business?" Jared retaliated.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Laura asked. "I'd hope so, I'm his twin sister." Autumn said.

"Shut up Autumn!" Jared yelled.

"Why? Are you embarrassed by me? Because I can tell them all your secrets if that's what you want." Autumn threatened.

"You wouldn't do that, I know you." Jared said confidently.

"Try me." Autumn said, crossing her arms. "Whatever." Jared said and walked off.

Autumn then made her way over to Chandler and Laura. "You guys okay?" She asked them, they both nodded in response.

"D-do you ride my bus? I've seen Jared, but not you." Chandler asked. "Yeah, but I sit in the very back and usually I'm asleep."

"Oh. Okay."

Chandler's POV {at children's home}

was sitting on my bed doing homework when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in!" I yelled.

When the door opened it was Andy. "Hey, kid!" He said and came in. "Hey, Andy! Where have you been?" I asked him, generally curious. I know it's only been like 2 days but for some reason it feels like longer.

"Just getting some legal matters cleared up, I don't even have to go to court anymore!" He said as he sat next to me on my bed.

"Really? How?" I asked, shocked. "Well they got proof that I'm innocent, even though I feel pretty guilty...Chandler, I'm really sorry." He said, his face getting more serious.

"What? Why?" I said. Why would he feel guilty? All he did was try to help me!

"You were there for a month, Chandler! I should've tried harder to get you out of there...I should've..." He started before I cut him off.

"Andy, stop. You did more for me in a month than my dad has in seven years." I said, because it was true. I also realized I haven't stuttered this whole conversation, am I getting less nervous? .........Nah.

Andy's POV
When Chandler said I did more for him in a month than his dad did in seven years, my heart shattered.

This kid didn't deserve the kind of life he got. So if I can, I'm gonna try to make his last four years of childhood a lot better.

"Chandler, I have a question for you." I said.

"O-Okay. What is it?"

"How would you like to come and live with me?" I asked. His eyes widened and he looked like he was more surprised than anything else.

"I'm a-allowed to?" He asked quietly. "Of course! I wouldn't have offered if you weren't allowed to!" I chuckled.

Recently, I got approved for a new house for me and my 8 year old daughter, Payton. She was living with her mom in Nevada, but her mom recently passed away, she'd been living with her grandparents for about six months before the court finally decided to let her live with me again. Crazy timing, though I'm glad.

Looking back now and knowing what Ryan was capable of, I'm glad I wasn't still living with him when they granted me custody.

I already explained the situation to her about Chandler possibly living with us. She responded with "cool." And kept eating her cereal.

"Yes." I heard Chandler whisper.

A/N: wow this was random and short, I was trying to make it super long and stuff but a lot of people (mainly my school friends) wanted me to publish so HERE YOU GO! Sorry it kinda sucks.

Autumn is based off of one of best friends as well. Parker and Autumn are people I actually know lol.

This is kind of a teaser chapter, it shows you bits and pieces of what's gonna be bigger later on.

Anywayyyssssss we have new characters!!! Although, I don't have a picture for Autumn because I imagine my friend when I think of her sooo ya. Here's the others though!

Payton Lewis:

(Maggie Elizabeth Jones)
I was gonna use the girl who plays Judith but I feel like that's a little much lol

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 2.3K 61
My name Is Audrey. I used to live in a prison, but not for a while now. I went back recently, to find it destroyed. I looked for my friends, thinking...
4.2K 173 26
Do you want a Chandler fanfiction that's totally unrealistic, dramaful, that will give you an emotional thrill ride that you won't forget? (Kinda exa...
108K 4.1K 33
"Because I needed to put them out of their misery," you respond. His intense, bright, blue eyes. His sleek, long, brown hair. His smile that's hard t...
173K 4K 49
Carl Grimes's life was great. He had both parents, a ton of friends, and a great role model. His dad was a sheriff at the King's County Police Depart...