No Love

By br33zywif3_

As teenagers, August & Amber made a deal that if they were still single when they turned 35, they would get m... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 2

870 33 1
By br33zywif3_

Amber -

I don't know why but I bailed on Carter again this afternoon. All day long I had been talking to August. First it was through Snapchat we randomly went back and forth sending each other pictures of what we were doing. Of course I got pictures of weed and food. I told him to take more selfies of his face. I don't know why but I missed him like crazy.

This morning he woke me up with his sweet loving. He put it down on me so good we both were almost late for work. His father was blowing his phone up telling him to come down to the shop. After we took a shower together, we got in his car I went with him to some house, I knew he was picking up his weed but he kept lying saying it was a friends house.

We've been together so long I don't know why he feels the need to lie to me. I know what he does. It's not right but I know why he's doing it. He's trying his hardest to make his dreams come true. He's been selling in order to pay for school, because he wants a degree bad but his stupid father is holding him back.

"I luh you bae Imma see you at 5:00 right?" He asked me before we pecked each other's lips twice.

"Yeah be here on time Aug," I said grabbing his chest.

"Iight," we kissed again before I got out of the car and going into my office building. He had picked me up on time surprisingly with food in hand. We sat in car and ate and talked about how our day was. He had to go back to the auto shop to fix a car for a friend, and afterwards we ended up at Treys house.

Trey was having a little get together tonight. His girlfriend Courtney, Chris and His girlfriend Mariah. We called her white chocolate because she was a white girl living with a black girls body.

I was sitting on Aug's lap as we were playing uno. The guys were smoking like usual and us girls were drinking.

"I don't why you be playing with my boy," Chris said to me as he put his card down.

"Chris What are you talking about?" I laughed.

"You be playing with Aug like y'all ain't supposed to be together or some," he laughed.

"Boy shut up mind your business because you're a traitor," I laughed.

"Sis how I'm a traitor?" He asked me.

"Boy please how did Aug know about my party a few months back? You know the one where showed up and acted a fool my neighbors called the police,"

"Man I ain't even know you was having a party," he laughed.

"Nigga you was there doing what you do best, smoke weed,"

"Man that was yo shit?" He asked as him, August and Trey laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"You ain't shit sis that wasn't me tho you better call Trey his snitchin ass,"

"Nigga fuck You," Trey put down a skip, skipping Chris's turn.

"Literally," August laid.

"You mothafucker you," Chris said as me and August laughed.

"Y'all stupid, but that's cool next time whatever secrets I have imma keep them to myself," I said putting my card down.

"Man you bet not have no damn secrets!" August yelled as he slapped my thighs.

"Boy bye," I grinded against him a little and he pulled my hair.

"Aug, stop playing with me," I said as I hit his chest. I turned around and slapped him and he gripped my waist.

"I should choke yo ass," he laughed.

"Aye Bobby and Whitney cool it," Trey laughed. My phone kept vibrating and I tried to play like I didn't feel it.

"'Man you gone pick dat up?" He asked me.

"No it's not important," but it was important. After we left Trey's house, in the car on the way to my house, I looked at Carters texts.

Carter 🥰 : Is everything okay Amber, like really this is the second day this week that you flaked on me.

Carter 🥰 : I'm worried about you about us, is everything good.

I starting texting but stopped. I didn't know how to respond to his texts. I didn't know what to say honestly, or how to say whatever it was on my mind. I was confused, and being with August right now wasn't helping. I wanted to forget everything, everything that I was feeling, I wanted to forget it.

"Roll up another blunt I wanna get high," I said to Aug.

"What?" He laughed as he looked at me.

"You heard me Aug, I wanna get high, I got too much on my mind," I said to him. He drove a little down further before pulling into an empty parking lot. He cut the engine and leaned back.

"Pass me dat black bag in da glove compartment,"

I reached inside the glove compartment and I passed it to him. He pulled out a thick bag full of weed, along with the grinder in his pocket and two blunts. I watched him as he rolled up. Once he rolled up he took the first puffs and then he passed it to me.

The more I smoked the more calm down and relaxed I got. I looked at Aug and I had to be honest with myself. I loved him, I wanted to be with him but I didn't have time for his games. I've been in love with August every since high school.

I remember when we first started dating, I was the biggest, and I wasn't the fair skinniest girl in our class, but he still chose me. He was at my house bright and early every morning so we could walk together. We held hands, laughed and had a lot of fun.

I loved how I could be free and be my childish self around him he didn't judge me at all. He was my soulmate, but I had questions that needed answers. My heart was saying go to Carter and break things off with him so that me and August could be together , but my mind was telling me to do the opposite and cut August off.

"You ova dere plottin' cause I got my gat if you trynna get some going," he laughed.

"No I'm not plotting August I'm just thinking," I sighed.

"Thinking bout wa?" He asked me.

"August, I love you with all my heart but we are not meant to be together, all this drama and shit we've been through, Carter is a great guy but I'm going behind his back just to be with you, and I don't understand why after all you've said, after all you've done Aug I should be beating you not feeling like this and besides August you talk to all these different females and you-"

He didn't let me finish my sentence good, before pulling me into a long lingering kiss. I rubbed the side of his face and his pulled on his beard. He smiled at me and I smiled at him.

"I luh you Amb, I ain't perfect, I done made some mistakes but a young nigga tryin, all imma tell you ta' do is follow yo heart, you know Aug gone always be right chea'," he sajd smiling.

"August you have got to think I'm foolish to believe that you're not gone trip on me,"

"You damn right I'm Ella Mai mama I'm trip trip trip trippin shit, but I'm fa real you know how I feel about you Amber I luh you baybeh, facts we gone get married though," he to me as I climbed over the seat and straddled his lap.

My phone was hooked up to the aux, Tink's song Count on You came on and as I turned the volume up I began singing,"

"Cause whether I'm down or whether I'm up
Going through things, you know it can get tough
Can I count on you, can I count on you
And if I pull the trigger will you bust back
You ain't gotta ask, you know I'm gonna blast
Can I count on you, Can I count on you....

"Yeah you can baybeh," he smiled as he ran his fingers up my back.

"August I want us to work, please don't make me regret this decision that I'm making," I said sincerely.

"You think I'm worried bout dese females in these streets, but you the only one that got a nigga eye, I'm focused on dis paper, whatever I got it's yours baybeh and dats facts," he said as he looked at me. All I could do was give him the benefit of the doubt and hope and pray that I wasn't making a mistake.
I grabbed both sides of his jacket before pulling him in for a long lingering kiss.

"I love you August, I really do,"

"I love you too Amb, I swea I'm gone do you right,"

"You better," now it was time for the hard part breaking up with Carter.

***

Me and August had switched cars for the day, I was driving his old school while he was driving my truck. We had made plans tonight after I visited Carter. The day had gone by and I was dreading this moment. I didn't know what to say or how he would react. My stomach had butterflies as I sat down at the table waiting patiently for him to walk through the door.

After waiting a few moments he finally walked in, smiling when he spotted me. "Hey beautiful," he smiled as he sat down at the table.

"Hi," I said blushing turning my head trying to stay focused. The waitress came and we ordered our food.

"I was shocked when you called, shocked seeing you here right now you been flaking out on me I've been trying to see you since forever," he said shaking his head.

"I know I know and I'm sorry about that Carter I really am I've just been going through some things and I've been thinking about us,"

"Okay folks, ma'am you had the all American double, and you sir had the chicken Alfredo," The waitress said as she approached the table with our food.

"If you guys need anything let me know," she said before leaving.

"What about us?" He asked with a confused look on his face.

"Carter we just don't connect, and I've been wanting to tell you but I don't know how, I think we just need to be friends, we rushed into this relationship, and things went kinda fast and I-"

"Is this about your ex?" He asked me not trying to hear my bull shit,"

"Yes, we got back together," I said with my head down, i looked up at he shook his head before laughing. I was disappointed in my damn self.

"Why couldn't you just be upfront with me?" He asked me.

"Because I didn't want to hurt you Carter you're a good guy and-"

"Just spare me Alright," he reached inside his pocket pulling out a hundred dollars and sitting it on the table.

"You have a good life," he said before grabbing his bag and walking out of the restaurant. Sighing I called the waitress over to the table and paid for the food. When she came back for the receipt I grabbed my food and got in August's car driving out of the parking lot.

*******

August -

I wiped the sweat off my forehead as I finished my last car. I had to fix an engine and change a tire. I was so happy My shift was finally over. I clocked out and changed into my clothes, I hated that I smelled like gasoline, and I had dirt all over me. I couldn't wait to get home and shower. I walked right passed the guys not trying to talk, as I grabbed Amber's car keys.

I turned my phone on. My trap phone had been on and I had a few customers come to the auto shop, I made two transactions before heading back to my apartment.

While I was in the shower I heard my phone going off. I continued to my shower whoever it was I would call them back. That was until my doorbell rang. I rinsed off, stepped out grabbing my towel and wrapping it around my waist. I ran downstairs looking out the window seeing Amber. I opened the door and she came in.

"I called you," she said as she followed me upstairs.

"I was inna shower," I said as I went and grabbed my dirty clothes. I threw it in the dirty clothes hamper.

"You good I asked her?"

"Yeah I'm fine, what are we having for dinner?" She asked as she grabbed her clothes out my top drawer.

"Imma whip some up, just relax turn da tv on and I gotchu," I said putting my shirt on. I kissed her lips and went down stairs. I made some corned bread, red beans and rice and fried chicken. I called her downstairs and we ate together. After dinner we cuddled up in bed and watched a whole bunch of movies.

She was laying in ma arms, I kissed ha forehead. "You good baybeh?"

"Yeah just full and tired," I knew she was feelin some typa way bout dat Carter dude but fuck him. She was wit me an despite how she felt she ain't have nothing to worry bout I guess I would have to show ha dat yung was a changed man. I did love Amber with all my heart. I get I was a kid when I said I was going to marry her  but I meant every part of it I was gonna make ha my wife and I put dat on my soul.

"Iight den baby gone to sleep," I said to her. We kissed and shortly after she fell asleep. I grabbed the remote turning the tv off and pulling her closer to me. She buried her head in my neck and I wrapped my arms around ha waist before drifting off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 12.6K 56
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
863K 19.6K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
125K 4.5K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
256K 16.6K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...