Something New |Connor x reade...

By 1LittleWolf2

Jeffrey Fowler was a family friend, someone your parents were close to and who was basically part of the fami... More

Ch.1
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.14
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch.17
Ch.18
Ch.19
Ch.20
CH.21
Ch.22
Ch.23
CH. 24
Ch.25

Ch.13

4.4K 172 188
By 1LittleWolf2

You woke up slowly, a calming essence in the air surrounding you. The android you were sleeping on was so soft in a way you did not expect. You hummed happily, leaning back to look up at Connor's face. He had his eyes on you too, your shifting alerting him you were awake.

"Good morning." You said. He smiled, grabbing your hand.

"Good morning, (Y/N)." He stroked the top of your hand with his thumb. "I again failed to bring myself to wake you." He said, leaning his forehead against yours. "The leader of the deviants made an announcement five hours ago. Captain Fowler gave orders for us to go to the scene immediately."

You sighed, not wanting to get up. "Alright, What's our game plan? How are we going to accomplish our mission?" You asked through a yawn. You fiddled with his tie with your unoccupied hand. He was silent for a few seconds, unsure of how he would even do anything without Amanda replacing him that day. The sudden hesitation in his form caught your attention. "Connor, You alright?" You questioned.

He gave a firm nod "I'm fine... just thinking." His hand left yours and, along with the other one, started to slither to your waist. You yelped when he lifted you off of his lap effortlessly, setting you down once he stood from the couch. "I can make your breakfast while you get ready." He smiled down at you.

You frowned, fluttering your eyes at him. "You don't want to help me?" You teased, smiling when he tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"You need assistance? Does your arm still hurt?" He grabbed your scarred arm and scanned it.

You chuckled "It was a joke." You whispered, pulling his hand off and squeezing it. "You gotta get better at that." You walked away after winking at him, laughing to yourself. He watched you leave, furrowing his brow and wondering why he had a smile on his face.

-

You were brushing your hair as you walked around the corner. When your eyes landed on the android cooking in the kitchen you paused. Warmth spread through your chest, curling into every section of your body. He was quietly cooking at the stove and you were sure he already noticed your presence, but you couldn't help but stare. Your eyes trailed down his form landing on the jacket still tied around his waist. "Oh shit." You said, effectively announcing your presence.

He turned around, his head tilted to the side. "What's wrong?" He asked, watching you walk over to him.

You untied the jacket and held it in the air, a sigh leaving your lips. You couldn't see a single spot without wrinkles. "I forgot about ironing your jacket." He took it from your hands, tossing it to the table.

"I'll do it while you eat." He said, going back to cooking. You scoffed, walking over to the table and setting down your brush.

"I can do it, it'll take us less time." You picked it up again, walking out of the room before he protested. You threw the laundry room door open and pulled out your ironing board. You plugged in the iron and set it aside as it began heating.

"You better hurry, your breakfast is already done." Connor said in the doorway, spooking you enough that you jumped. You turned around with your brow arched.

"Put it in the microwave." You said, going back to ironing. "I'm ironing your clothes for work, dear." You said in a country accent for no particular reason. Connor walked further into the laundry room, pump regulator pulsing. You blushed when his chest was suddenly flushed against your back. His hand ghosted down your arm, you looked up at him over your shoulder. "Connor?"

His LED was yellow, and his soft eyes stared into yours. You swallowed. He leaned down, his lips grazing over the shell of your ear lightly. "Go eat your breakfast, darlin'." He whispered into your ear, his accent was deep and perfect, getting a shiver to run down your spine. You were about to say something but he took the iron from your hand, and spun you away from the ironing board. You faced the door, your eyes wide and your face red.

You looked at him over your shoulder. "You play dirty, cowboy." You mumbled and walked out of the room.

-

You grabbed a jacket and opened your front door, looking over your shoulder at Connor. "You're going to fill me in on-" you cut yourself off with a yelp when your foot got caught on something and you started to fall forward. Connor quickly jumped into action and gripped onto the back of your shirt to pull you backwards into his chest. You stared at his tie for a few seconds before you looked down at your feet and saw a box on the ground. You furrowed your brow, and looked up at Connor. "The umbrella or the jacket?" You questioned

He tilted his head to the side, his LED flickering yellow before he replied. "Umbrella." He released the back of your shirt and grabbed the package off the floor.

"Just toss it onto the couch." You replied, pulling on your jacket. "Hank won't stop texting me about being late." You were more than annoyed with the old man.

Connor closed the door. "Well, then we better hurry." He said. You jumped down your porch steps and rushed over to the taxi waiting in front of the house. Connor only walked over to the car. You sigh, motioning for him to hurry. "Come on slowpoke, aren't androids fast?" He arched his brow and sped up his pace.

"Walking faster would only save a few minutes, there wouldn't be a big change in how late you are. " He opened the door for you. You sat down and shuffled to the middle of the taxi seat.

You looked up at him, and arched you brow. "Really?" You roughly tugged him into the taxi by his tie, getting him effectively onto his knees in the car. "You don't see how it would help?" You bring his face close to yours, bumping your nose against his. His unnecessary intake of breath getting you excited. You furrowed your brow, kissed his cheek and leaned back. "Sorry, we should really talk about the case." He seemed disappointed but only gave a nod and got into the seat next to you.

-

"Damn, how am I the one here first?" Hank arched his brow and had his hand on his hip. You rolled your eyes, fixing your jacket as you walked past him.

"Be quiet. I'm allowed to be late." Pure annoyance settled in your voice. Hank scoffed, walking beside you. He gestured behind him with his thumb over his shoulder.

"I'm just surprised Connor didn't force you to get up." He looked over at the android, who was following behind the two of you. "He fuckin slapped me." Hank said, getting a snort from you. He glared at you, quickening his pace so he entered the building first.

He was quickly replaced by Connor. "Should I apologize?" He asked, a frown on his face.

You shook your head "He deserved it." You bumped your elbow into his side. "But you can decide if you want to apologize." The android furrowed his brow, nodding his head. He pushed the doors open and directed you to where Hank was waiting. You all entered the elevator, a silence filling the air as you ascended.

It was quickly broken when sharp noises came from the coin Connor was flipping into the air. You watched as the coin seemed to blur out of existence, each flick creating another sound.

Hank of course had to ruin the fun, grabbing the coin from his hand. "You're starting to piss me off with that coin, Connor." He shoved the coin into his pocket, crossing his arms.

"Hank, you're stealing money from an android?" You questioned with an arched brow. Hank rolled his eyes, staring at the elevator doors.

"It's fine, (Y/N). Sorry, Lieutenant." Connor said, crossing his arms behind his back. The elevator beeped as it reached the desired floor, Hank stepped out first.

Chris was standing right in front of the elevator, reading a tablet. He glanced up "Hi, Hank." And looked over at you and Connor, giving a small nod.

"Shit, what's going on here? There was a party and nobody told us about it?" Hank asked, glancing back at you. You didn't say anything, only agreed with a raised brow, there were a lot of people.

"Yeah, it's all over the news, so everybody's butting their nose in." Chris looked up from his tablet to Hank. "Even the FBI wants a piece of the action."

Hank sighed, rolling his eyes. You along with him. "Ah Christ, now we got the Feds on our backs... I knew this was gonna be a shitty day..." he sighed again "So what do we got?"

You glanced around the room, letting Hank get all the details while you inspected the scene. Connor had already gone off on his own, already having rushed to the main broadcast room. You followed behind Hank, taking in all that you could about this room.

"The deviants took the humans hostage and broadcasted their message live." Chris said. You left Hank's side and went to look for Connor, not interested in hearing stuff you already discussed with Connor on the way here. You were too busy looking around the room to notice the person in front of you. So you practically slammed into him.

"Hey, watch where you're going." Came an oh so familiar voice. "Oh, it's just you." You glanced up, and yup your day was ruined.

You took a big step back, crossing your arms behind your back. "Agent Perkins, what a pleasure." You replied, a very fake smile on your lips. Perkins glanced over at Connor, motioning towards him.

"You have an Android now?" He asked with an arched brow. "And that was allowed... after everything that's happened?"

You scoffed "He was assigned to us, we had no say in the matter. But that isn't your business, now is it?" You glanced over at your partner. "He's a prototype, an android detective."

It was Perkins turn to scoff "Androids investigating androids, huh." You furrowed your brow, ever so slightly cocking your head to the side.

"You mean, like humans investigating humans?" He locked eyes with you, a glare resting on his face.

"Just stay out of my way and don't fuck up my crime scene. Tell your partner that too." He walked away, passing Hank and Chris.

Hank watched as he walked past, coming up to you once Chris finished. "What was that about?" He asked. You shook your head, looking over at the large screen sitting at the front of the room.

"Just the Feds, snarky and rude as usual." You ran your hand over the control panel. "That one's a huge prick." You huffed and motioned to the room. "Let's just start investigating." Hank hesitated, wanting to know why you had such a problem with this guy but decided not to push.

He pointed towards the control panel your hand was on. "Let's start off with watching the broadcast first." You glanced down, pressing your finger onto the cold surface to start it. Connor walked over to scan the face of the deviant.

You watched the pure white face as they spoke. "We ask that you recognize our dignity, our hopes, and our rights. Together, we can live in peace and build a better future, for humans and androids." You glanced over at Connor, his Led was flickering between blue and yellow. "This message is the hope of a people. You gave us life. And now the time has come for you to give us freedom." Right as the android finished, Connor locked eyes with you, his gaze questioning.

"Think that's rA9?" Hank asked, getting both of your attention.

Connor immediately replied with "Deviants say rA9 will set them free. This android seems to have that objective." His LED once again turned yellow, and he looked over the face on the screen again.

"What about the first android? Carlos', it was talking about rA9 like it was a god- or a prophecy." You said. Hank hummed, furrowing his brow.

He looked at you, shrugging his shoulders "Maybe that's exactly what this android is." Hank walked off, leaving you and Connor in front of the screen. You stared at deviant's eyes, furrowing your brow.

"Connor?" He looked down at you. "Those eyes... was the android built with them?" Connor had already figured this out his first scan, having already determined a lot about this android.

He shook his head. "No, the blue iris is a spare part. Green is the original color." He looked off into the room, most likely looking for more evidence.

"Anything else I should know?" You asked.

"I identified his model and serial number." He finally met your gaze. "He was accompanied by three more androids."

You nodded, crossing your arms across your chest. "Alright, good start." You said. Connor gave a nod, glancing over at the gunshots and blue blood scattered across the wall leading up to the roof. You noticed his hesitant stature. "You okay?"

He looked back over at you, but pulled his gaze back to the crime scene. "I'm alright... just thinking." With that he walked away, going straight to the gunshot holes in the wall. He'd been doing a lot of thinking today.

You watched him for a moment, before walking towards Hank. He was standing by the surveillance panel, talking to Chris about something.

"What's going on?" You asked, stopping by your old partner. He motioned towards one of the videos.

"Apparently the androids didn't break in. They were let in by one of the service androids." He played the video, showing exactly what he described. "All of the service androids are in the break room. They had no idea what to do with them." He said.

You glanced over to the entryway of the small break room. "I'll go see what's up with them. You and Connor have this room covered right?" You looked back at him, getting a grunt. You patted his shoulder and walked off.

You didn't think you were going to be able to even crack a deviant. The first one you had encountered really only spoke to Connor. But, it didn't hurt to try.

As you entered the room, you were met with the three service androids. Each standing in a line against the wall. You walked over and leaned against the table in front of them. Each stared off into space, their eyes locked onto the wall opposite to them. You sat there for a second just trying to read them, but they all seemed normal.

But then you saw it, the android on the far left glanced in your direction. You stood, and walked over to him. You glanced around the room and sure enough, one security camera sat at the corner of the ceiling. You couldn't say anything that would get you off the case, you were sure Connor would be reset if he was assigned to anyone else. You'd have to go for a different approach if you didn't want the android you just kissed last night to lose all memory of it. "I'm sorry in advance." You whispered, giving a small smile.

You got up in the android's face. "You're acting isn't working. I can tell you're one of them, a fucking deviant... I'll take you in right now." You glared at the android. "You aren't even capable of imagining what they'd do to you." Nothing, Hank was right about you not being the bad cop. "if you don't say something I'll get my partner to probe your fucking memory and you'll be done for." And then, a worried twitch the lip, showing just how human he really was. You couldn't do this, so you stepped back to the table and took in a breath to call Connor. "CON-" the deviant slammed you into the table, cutting you off and causing said table to skid across the floor and loudly slam to the floor with you. The android ran out of the break room.

You pushed up off the table and rushed out of the room, back into the broadcast room. Everyone's eyes shifted to you as you exited the room. You noticed Hank and Connor were nowhere in sight, and that's when you heard gunshots. You rushed over to reception and all but leaped into the room.

The android sat dead at the end of the room, gunshot wounds in his chest and a gun held in his limp hand. Connor stood in the middle of the room, a gun in hand and his attention on Hank. You rushed over to them "What happened?" You asked, glancing back over to the android.

"The android just pulled a gun on everyone." Hank said, meeting your gaze. "Connor's quick thinking just saved our lives." Connor turned to you, looking you over incase of any injuries.

"I heard what sounded like one of the tables being pushed. Were you hurt in any way?" Connor asked. You smiled and shook your head.

"I'm all good." Your smile quickly turned into a frown "Just disappointed I couldn't reason with the deviant." You forced yourself to keep your eyes on Connor, the dead android causing your stomach to churn.

Hank ran his hand over his face "Fuck, I need a drink." He muttered.

"I second that." You sighed, rubbing your eyes. Hank patted your shoulder, only to push you hard enough that you ram into Connor's side. The android caught your arm to steady you, but he didn't let go once you were on your feet.

"Too bad. We have to go back to the station. File in all the fucking reports, and I'm not doin' it alone this time." He scoffed. "... but we can go to a bar after all the paperwork." You chuckled.

"Sounds good."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Toxic By SapphireGinger

General Fiction

2.1K 744 96
Suffocated. Manipulated. Abused. ☣️ ~ Toxic ~ ☣️ That's the easiest way to sum up what you're about to read. Though I assure you it was no easy thin...
142K 4.5K 23
Y/n Anderson is her name. Charming and overall a friendly personality, she's the embodiment of the phrase "doing great". Or at least that's what she...
21.1K 657 10
"I never thought I'd even have a friend to relate to. I never thought I'd even make any friends because of my interests." "My interests were differe...
73.2K 2K 22
Connor is lieutenant Hank Anderson's partner. He aids him on the force and in his home. One morning after a long night of drinking, Hank gets a very...