Worlds Colliding (Riverdale...

Od katherinep97

All rights go to the creators of Riverdale and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Hearto... Více

Characters
Chapter 1 - The River's Edge
Chapter 2 - Touch of Evil
Chapter 3 - Body Double
Chapter 4 - The Last Picture Show
Chapter 5 - Heart of Darkness
Chapter 6 - Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!
Chapter 7 - In a Lonely Place
Chapter 8 - The Outsiders
Chapter 9 - La Grande Illusion
Chapter 10 - The Lost Weekend
Chapter 12 - Anatomy of a Murder
Chapter 13 - The Sweet Hereafter

Chapter 11 - To Riverdale and Back Again

289 16 0
Od katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/154195

From 1.09 - La Grande Illusion: In the Cooper House, Betty and Alice were sitting at the table.

Jughead: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (Riverdale)"

"Vallie and Polly are our women on the inside," Betty told her.

From 1.09 - La Grande Illusion: In the Belmont Lodge, Polly and Valentina saw that Clifford, Penelope and Cheryl were talking alone.

"One of them had something to do with Jason's death," Polly told her. "And I'm gonna prove it."

From 1.10 - The Lost Weekend: In the school hallway, Bash looked at Betty. "My Dad hired Jughead and KP's Dad to trash the drive in. If Valentina and Polly are wrong about Clifford and Penelope, if the killer's not them, we have to keep looking for who is."

From 1.08 - The Outsiders: In FP's trailer, Jughead, KP and Valentina were talking to FP.

"Did you have anything to do with Jason's death?" KP asked.

"I'm no killer," FP told them.

From 1.08 - The Outsiders: Outside FP's trailer, Valentina and Jughead were talking.

"Do you believe him?" Valentina asked.

"I do," Jughead answered.

From 1.09 - La Grande Illusion: In the Belmont Lodge, Jughead, Jessica, KP and Clifford were talking.

"Is that why you really invited us here?" Jessica asked. "So you could get intel on our fathers?"

"I think you'll soon realize that I invited the four of you here for numerous reasons," Clifford answered.

From 1.10 - The Lost Weekend: In Archie's room, Joaquin looked at FP. "Hiram Lodge's kids are here. Bash said something about their father or Valentina's father being connected to Jason's murder."

FP looked away, sighing. "Clifford's already keeping close tabs on Jughead and KP, after the banquet. These kids are more on the ball than the Sheriff."

They were unaware that Alice was spying on them from Betty's room next door.

From 1.09 - Le Grande Illusion: Outside the Belmont Lodge, Valentina turned to face Jughead. "Our Dad is trying to pit me and my sister against each other again to get Cheryl motivated enough to prove to the board that she can control the company, more than I can, to take everything from me again."

From 1.10 - The Lost Weekend: In the school gym, Valentina looked at Cheryl. "I told you that if this started up again, one of us was gonna get burned."

From 1.10 - The Lost Weekend: In Archie and Jessica's house at the party, Chuck was spilling Valentina's secret disorders, looking at Cheryl. "Valentina has, what did you call it? DID, IED, and she doesn't feel pain when she hurts herself because of it. That is one seriously damaged girl coming from a family of psychos."

Everyone but the group of friends was looking at Valentina like she was a freak of nature.

From 1.10 - The Lost Weekend: In the Andrews' House's living room, Archie and KP looked at each other, smiling, kissing slowly and sweetly at first, then more deeply and passionately.

Archie: (voice over from 1.10 - The Lost Weekend) "Every day I wonder, what if I had left Riverdale with my Mom?"

From 1.10 - The Lost Weekend: In the Andrews' House, Archie and Jessica were shocked to see their mother home. "Mom?"

Mary Andrews smiled. "Hi, sweethearts."

~-~ ~-~

Day One

Morning - Riverdale High School - Outside

(Song) Our Fair Riverdale - Josie & the Pussycats

Students were arriving to the school.

~-~

Office

Josie and the Pussycats were singing into the intercom for the school to hear. "Our fair Riverdale / My heart rings true..."

~-~

Gym

Jughead was sitting on the bleachers, typing on his laptop.

Jughead: (voice over) "People like to say that the death of Jason Blossom changed everything at Riverdale High."

~-~

Office

Josie and the Pussycats were still singing for announcements.

Jughead: (voice over) "But certain things, certain traditions never change."

~-~

Boys' Locker Room

Bash, Archie and the rest of the football team were all in uniform, gearing up, cheering.

Jughead: (voice over) "Take Homecoming, for instance. Though Jason's jersey had been retired, the Riverdale Bulldogs would still be playing their arch-rivals."

~-~

Girls' Locker Room

Cheryl, Veronica and Betty and the rest of the Vixens were all in uniform. Valentina was no longer a Vixen because of her deal with Cheryl about beating her at the dance off in 1.10 The Lost Weekend, that Cheryl would let her out if she won, and she wouldn't whine to their parents about it, and she wouldn't kick Betty and Veronica off the team just because Valentina was no longer on it.

Jughead: (voice over) "The Baxter High Ravens, with the River Vixens cheering them on."

Cheryl was leaning against a locker nearby, stretching her leg over her head.

~-~

Hallway

Betty was talking to Weatherbee. "I'm just handing off some of my decorating duties to Ethel so I can keep focusing on the Blue and Gold."

Weatherbee shook his head. "Unacceptable. You made a commitment, Miss Cooper, you need to honor it. Especially since this Homecoming is also a Reunion Weekend."

~-~

Another Hallway

Jessica, Valentina and KP were walking together down a hallway, over the symbol for the Riverdale High School. They looked down the hallway toward an elderly couple looking at a trophy case with pictures of them when they were in high school. Jessica, Vallie and KP exchanged a knowing look, smirking.

Jughead: (voice over) "As in previous years, graduates from days of Riverdale Past will come to town to relive their more youthful, more carefree days."

(End of Song)

~-~

Andrews House - Kitchen

Mary, Jessica and Archie were sitting at the table.

Jughead: (voice over) "Or to make up for lost time."

Archie and Jessica were eating cereal.

Mary sighed. "Archie, Jessica, the reason why I came..."

"You came because of the divorce," Archie finished. "Because I called Dad."

Mary nodded. "You know, I thought that Riverdale would be better for you than Chicago. It would be safer."

"It's okay, Mom," Jessica told her. "Really, we're okay. And I mean, it hasn't been all bad. Our friends are great. Dad and we are closer than ever right now. I have my first girlfriend, Veronica, and we've been helping each other so much, and Archie's finally with KP, and things with them are amazing."

Mary smiled knowingly, nodding. "I know about your art, Jessica, just like I know Archie and KP have been singing."

Archie nodded. "Songwriting, yeah, and singing."

"I've been doing sketches, drawings, paintings," Jessica answered.

"And your Dad tells me that you're great," Mary told them. Jessica and Archie chuckled. "Jessica, I hope you'll show me some of your work. And Archie, I hope you'll play me some songs before I go."

"Yeah, for sure," Archie answered. "Jess has most of her stuff up in her room. I'm playing at the dance. So, if you want to see me play live. I can actually probably talk KP into playing with me, too. See, KP has this thing where she's been writing songs for the Pussycats secretly, or helping them write songs anyway, and so most people don't know what's hers. KP's only performed live once, and that was because I talked her into playing at the Variety Show."

"Actually, KP wouldn't have even played at the Variety Show if Veronica and I hadn't booked Archie and KP both for the show," Jessica explained. Mary chuckled. "Archie might be able to talk her into playing at the dance. So you should definitely come."

Mary smiled, nodding. They all chuckled.

~-~

Lodge Apartment - Living Room

Bash and Veronica were getting ready to leave.

Hermione was on the phone. "That's incredible, Paul. You will keep us posted, won't you? Okay, thanks. Thank you."

Hermione hung up.

"Some good news for a change?" Bash asked.

"That was your Dad's attorney," Hermione explained. "Turns out, our statements did make a difference and the judge seems inclined to give your father a break."

"How much of a break?" Bash asked.

"Time served," Hermione answered. "A few more months, if that."

"And then what?" Veronica asked. "We move back to New York?"

"Or your father moves here," Hermione answered.

"What about the crimes he's committed?" Bash asked. "Including, maybe, Jason Blossom."

"Stop it, Bash," Hermione told him. "There is no proof that your father had anything to do with that."

"He's in jail because of the Blossoms, Mom," Veronica told her. "That gives him a motive."

"Bash, Veronica, you need to be supporting your father, not demonizing him," Hermione told them. "Again, for things that you have no proof of."

~-~

FP's Trailer

Jughead and KP walked in with coffee, looking around the trailer to see it was a lot cleaner than it usually was. FP walked in with a shaved face, looking better.

KP smiled in surprise. "Dad, have you been body-snatched?"

FP smiled, raising his arms in a shrug. "Oh, I feel good, KP." He walked toward his kids. "Wanna look good, too. Shave, clean the place up a bit. A little paint."

"Oh, we got us some coffee and donuts," KP told him, handing him some.

"Jughead, I read your, uh, your essay," FP told him. "Manuscript? The one you did with Valentina."

"You did?" Jughead asked.

"Yeah," FP answered.

They walked toward the table to sit down, eat and drink.

"Really?" Jughead asked.

"I asked you for it, didn't I?" FP asked.

Jughead shrugged. "Yeah, I don't know, I figured you were just pretending to be interested."

FP tapped the manuscript that was on the table. "This is excellent. And KP, reading some of your songwriting, I gotta say, that is amazing, too." KP smiled. "Me, I can barely string two sentences or verses together. But you two, you got a gift. Thank God you're not wasting it. Jug, mind if I ask you a couple of questions?"

"Yeah, of course," Jughead answered.

"Why Jason Blossom, huh?" FP asked.

"It's Valentina's brother and Vallie needed help to find out who killed him," KP answered.

"No, but the two of you said that Jughead started this before Valentina wanted to help to find out what happened to him," FP told them.

"Right," Jughead agreed.

"So if you started this before Valentina came to you to help you write this if you two helped her find out who killed her brother in return, out of all the things you could write about, why pick a dead kid?" FP asked.

"I don't know," Jughead told them. "It was sort like he picked me. Tell the story that no one was gonna tell. Or even know how to tell. I didn't know how to tell it until I got help from Vallie, because she knew more about this than anyone did, but she's still trying to figure it out."

"Honestly, I think Juggy started this because he knew Vallie needed help and he's liked her for, like, ever," KP admitted.

Jughead pushed KP lightly. KP chuckled.

"Who do you think killed Jason?" FP asked. "I mean, you two and Valentina are in this deep. You gotta have an opinion."

"That's kind of torn between Valentina's parents, or Bash and Veronica's Dad," KP answered.

"Another good question other than 'who done it?' is whether Riverdale is a place of good or a place of darkness and evil," Jughead told them.

"Or both," FP told them. "Most things are both. Can I make one suggestion?"

"That's what Archie, Jessica, Betty, Veronica and Bash say all the time, and then it's about a dozen suggestions," KP told him.

FP chuckled. "I think, at a certain point, you should move on. You can't let this be the only story you're gonna tell, Jughead."

"What if it's the most important one?" Jughead asked. "Not just for me, but for KP and Valentina too?"

FP nodded in understanding. "I get that it is important for Valentina because it's her brother, her family. And I get that it's important to you, because she's KP's best friend and Jughead's girl. But at some point, the three of you got to move on. You can't keep letting this hold you guys back forever."

Jughead and KP exchanged a look somberly, sighing.

~-~

Riverdale High School - Hallway

(Song) Love Is Mystical - Cold War Kids

KP walked into school.

Archie caught up to her. "KP, wait up. Hey, I just wanted to explain why I didn't call you after your party. My Mom showed up out of nowhere."

KP looked at him in surprise, chuckling. "Mary Andrews is back in Riverdale?"

"Yeah, that was my reaction," Archie told her.

KP chuckled, shaking her head. "It's fine, you don't owe me an explanation. Besides, me and Jughead were talking to our Dad about the story that Jughead and Valentina were working on about Jason, how I've been helping them out with figuring out who did it. He read the story, and he even read some of my songs, Archie."

"What did he say?" Archie asked.

"He said that they're amazing and that he's proud of us," KP answered. "But that we should probably move on from what happened with Jason."

Archie nodded. "And knowing you, Jughead and Valentina, you three are not gonna move on until we find out who killed Jason. Am I right, KP?"

"Totally," KP answered.

They chuckled.

"Were you gonna go to the Homecoming dance?" Archie asked.

KP smirked teasingly. "Why? Is Archie Andrews asking me out to the Homecoming dance?"

Archie smiled. "I definitely am now, KP Jones." They chuckled, smiling. "We can do a duet together at the dance. I kind of told my Mom I was performing. And I told her that I would try to convince you to do it with me." KP gave him an amused look, sighing. Archie chuckled knowingly. "Come on, KP, she wants to see both of us perform, and you've only performed in front of other people once. We can do it again."

KP sighed, giving in. "I might need a dress from Vallie, then."

Archie and KP smiled, looking at each other happily, kissing slowly and sweetly and passionately for a long moment, pulling away, holding hands, walking down the hall.

(End of Song)

~-~

Blue and Gold Office

Betty and Alice were waiting. Veronica and Bash walked in.

"Oh, finally, close that door," Alice told them. Bash closed the door. "Thank you, Bash. Ladies, I need you to look around the room. Whoever is not in this room is on the table as a possible murder suspect, including those Pussycats."

Betty gave her a look, shaking her head. "Oh, my God, Mom."

Alice looked at Veronica and Bash. "Now, let's talk about your father."

"He has an epic grudge against the Blossoms, so yes, it's totally within the realm of possibility that he hired someone from jail to kill Jason," Veronica answered. "Maybe Jughead and KP's Dad."

"You really believe that?" Betty asked.

"Our Dad paid Jughead and KP's Dad to trash the drive in," Veronica explained. "Maybe he paid him to--"

"Commit murder," Alice finished. "And for all we know, that gay Greaser Serpent is an accomplice."

"And what are you basing that off of?" Betty asked. "That you saw FP and Joaquin talking?"

"It didn't look like they were talking," Alice told them. "It looked like they were conspiring."

"Conspiring about what?" Bash asked. "I mean, Valentina and Polly think that either Clifford or Penelope did it."

"Which is why we need to figure this out together," Alice told them. "To find out if it was FP, Clifford or Penelope. Either through KP, Jughead and Valentina, or FP, Clifford and Penelope directly, without raising suspicion, of course." She picked up a list. "Which is why I have prepared a seemingly innocuous list of questions."

"Okay, so why aren't KP, Jughead and Valentina here, so they can help us figure out who's parents did this?" Betty asked.

"Betty, they're too close to this," Alice answered.

"So you want us to insult KP, Jughead and Valentina, or betray them, by entertaining this?" Bash asked. "I mean, it won't be a betrayal in Vallie's case if her parents did do it, because she already thinks that one of her parents did, and that's what she's trying to figure out. But we already asked KP, Jughead and Valentina point blank if they thought FP had anything to do with Jason's death, and if we make it look like FP did, that is a betrayal to all of them."

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Homecoming dance to plan," Betty told them.

"All of you know that we need to do this," Alice told them. "Find out who's innocent and who's guilty."

"I understand why you don't want KP, Jughead and Valentina to get in the middle of this," Veronica told her. "And the same thing with Archie and Jessica, because of how close they are with them. But I don't feel the same loyalty for the Jones family that Archie, Jessica and Valentina do."

"I'm listening," Alice told her.

"Helping you find out the truth about FP will help us find out the truth about our Dad, Bash," Veronica told him. "And whether or not he hired FP to kill Jason."

"What exactly are you saying, Veronica?" Bash asked.

"I'm saying if Mrs. Cooper wants to go after Jughead and KP's Dad, I'm in," Veronica answered. "Bash, if we find out that our Dad didn't do this, then we know for a fact that Valentina's parents did. Right? It's either one or the other, right? If we find out that our Dad is innocent in the murder, then we know it's one of the Blossoms that did it."

Betty, Bash, Veronica and Alice knew that was true, but had to go behind their backs to do it. Betty and Bash didn't like this at all.

"Fine," Alice told them. "Then like I said, Betty and I will keep Jughead, KP and FP busy, and Valentina, Jessica and Archie would likely be there with Jughead and KP, so we can ask Valentina what she knows about her parents. Meanwhile, Bash and Veronica, you will go to FP's trailer to find anything that links FP to Jason. Or, more importantly, FP to your father."

"We should just talk to Jughead and KP," Bash told them.

"No," Veronica told them. "What if they're protecting FP or try to warn him?"

"They're our friends, Ronnie," Bash told her. "And why would Jughead and KP protect FP if they killed Jason, Valentina's brother, when Vallie is KP and Jessica's best friend and Jughead's girlfriend? That doesn't make any sense, Veronica."

"Then, fine, maybe they don't know the truth, but we cannot tell them," Veronica told him. "Bash, our Dad is this close to being released, and our Mom's in denial, and she's ready to welcome him back with open arms. Me, I'd like to know exactly who we're inviting back into our lives."

"Look, I really wanna help you, I do, and I definitely don't want Jughead, KP or Valentina to get hurt," Bash told them. "But I'm telling you, FP's cleaned up his act."

"I hope you're right about that, Bash, because if not, Jughead and KP could get dragged into something very messy and very dangerous," Alice told him. "And if Valentina's right about her parents, then she's already in a very messy and very dangerous place, along with my daughter Polly, but neither one of them will leave that mansion without proof of who killed Jason. That's why we need to figure out if it was FP or one of the Blossoms."

They all looked at each other, sighing.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Worlds Colliding (Riverdale)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Thornhill Mansion - Hallway

Valentina was walking through the halls of her mansion, walking toward her father's room, peering in through the cracked door to see many redhaired wings on mannequin heads on shelves, seeing that her father was standing at a mirror without a wig on, revealing that he really had short cropped gray hair. Clifford saw Valentina through the reflection, walking closer to slam the door. Valentina backed away, sighing.

~-~

Riverdale High School - Outside

Archie, KP, Valentina, Jughead, Bash, Betty, Jessica, Veronica and Kevin were sitting together outside, eating lunch.

Cheryl walked toward them. "Sorry to bother you, but I have an announcement to make. One that tangentially involves you, Valentina. Hope you're willing to listen."

"You know what they say about hope," Valentina told her. "It breeds eternal misery. After what you and Chuck pulled at KP's party, I'm really not in the mood to listen to anything you have to say, Cheryl."

Cheryl sighed. "I'm sorry, Vallie, but I only did what I had to do to prove to Mom and Dad that I wanted the company and you didn't. But to make it up to you, I'm campaigning the two of us as co-queens of Homecoming Court."

"Because why?" Valentina asked.

"Because, ice princess, by all rights, I've pleased our parents by terrorizing you and proving to the Blossom board that you're not fit to take control of the company, and now I'm making amends to you for what I've done," Cheryl answered. "Jason is popular in life and death, and so are the two of us."

"Yeah, and I'm only in the spotlight because you force me to by either making me do things I don't wanna do, or telling everyone about DID, IED and the fact I can't feel pain," Valentina told her. "And you normally don't care about making things up to me, but why not?"

Cheryl smiled. "Great. You may be the ice, and I may be the fire, Vallie, but we're both gonna be queens, devils and angels. That's gonna our theme, you know. Me as the fiery devil, and you as the icy angel. Even though you can be more of a devil than me sometimes, when you go Dark Vallie." Valentina gave her a look, tilting her head. Cheryl looked at the others. "So, don't forget to vote, and I'll see everyone at our coronation."

Cheryl walked away.

"Betty, about the Homecoming dance, can Archie play a couple songs?" Jessica asked. "Arch and I kind of told our Mom that..." Betty narrowed her eyes slightly, frowning. "Whoa, you don't want him to?"

Betty chuckled. "No, no, it's not that, Jessica, it's just, um... this dance needs to be fun. And, Archie, your songs, as amazing as they are... the songs you write with KP are fun, yeah, totally. The ones you do solo, even though they're still amazing, they..."

"They make you wanna slit your wrists," Jughead told him. KP gave Jug a look. "In a good way."

KP looked at Archie. "In an amazing way. But no need to fret, Betty. 'Cause Archie asked me to sing with him, and we're thinking about doing some upbeat covers."

The others looked at them in surprise, happily.

"You are?" Valentina asked.

"We are," KP answered.

They all smiled.

~-~

Andrews Construction - Fred's Office

Mary walked into the trailer of the office, seeing Hermione. "Hermione, hi."

"Mary Andrews?" Hermione asked. "What are you doing in town?"

"Oh, just a spur of the moment visit," Mary answered. "I was hoping to surprise Fred with lunch."

"Oh, he's off site," Hermione explained. "He's picking up some supplies from a vendor."

Mary walked closer. "Yeah, he told me that you were working for him."

"With him," Hermione told her.

Mary chuckled. "Yeah, he says he admires your chutzpah."

"That's a very Fred thing to say, huh?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, but in this case, I agree," Mary told her. "You know, I've been following the news."

Hermione sighed. "Yeah. Karmic payback for being such a mean girl in high school, I suppose."

There was awkward silence after that.

~-~

Riverdale High School - Gym

(Song) Coming Home - Refs

Betty was working on organizing the dance, answering her phone, smiling. "Polly, thank God. What's going on? Valentina didn't get the chance to tell us if she found anything at the mansion because Cheryl's making her run for co-queen. Vallie's only doing it to keep her distracted. But did you two find something?"

"Not yet, but they're definitely hiding things," Polly answered.

"Remember our deal, Polly," Betty told her. "If you don't find anything by Homecoming, it's over, you're coming home."

"I just have to get into their bedroom," Polly told her. "They protect it obsessively. They won't even let Valentina in there."

"Well, you're not putting yourselves in any danger, are you?" Betty asked.

Polly turned around to see that the door to her room in Thornhill was about to open. "Betty, I gotta go, I'm sorry."

Betty hung up.

(End of Song)

~-~

Thornhill Mansion - Polly's Room

Polly hung up.

Penelope walked in with a milkshake. "Your daily milkshake." Polly took it. "You must be famished, what, with all the exploring you and Valentina have been doing." Polly nervously took a drink. "The east wing, where Mr. Blossom and I have our sleeping quarters, is out of bounds. Valentina knows this. You should too. Mr. Blossom values his privacy. You understand."

Penelope walked out. Polly turned away nervously, taking a drink.

~-~

Riverdale High School - Gym

Betty climbed down from a ladder.

Bash carried a box toward her. "Hey, Betty. You sure about your Mom inviting Jessica, Archie, Valentina, Jughead, KP and FP over to your house for dinner before the dance?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry, Bash, I know you hate it," Betty told him. "I hate it, too, but it's something that we have to do to find out what is going on and who killed Jason. I wish you could be there, but Veronica needs your help looking through FP's trailer."

"I still think FP is innocent, Betty," Bash admitted. "If my Dad had something to do with it, I don't think FP did it. Why would he kill Valentina's brother when he knows how close Jughead and KP are to Vallie?"

"I don't know, Bash," Betty told him. "It could have something to do with blackmail? If he's really innocent, then we can prove that tonight, too. And if we prove that FP is innocent, then all we have to do is figure out if Valentina and Polly are right about Valentina's parents."

Bash nodded in understanding, sighing. "We should just tell Valentina, Jughead, KP, Jess and Archie."

"What if telling them gets them hurt?" Betty asked. "Or it ruins the investigation? We have a chance at figuring this out, Bash. Let's do it, together."

Bash sighed, still hating this, but knowing they had to do it, still wanting to tell their friends even though Veronica, Betty and Alice wouldn't let him.

~-~

Andrews House - Kitchen

Archie and Jessica walked into the kitchen to see Fred and Mary standing together.

"Oh, there they are," Fred told them. "Guys, your Mom and I are trying to decide between pizza and Chinese food. What do you think?"

Archie put his guitar down. "Uh, we always do pizza."

"Let me guess," Mary told them. "Pepperoni and red pepper?"

"All right, so Moon Palace, they still deliver," Fred told them. "We can get, um..."

"General Tso's chicken, scallion pancakes, vegetable dumplings, family-style," Mary told them.

Fred looked at Archie and Jessica. "What's wrong?"

"Huh?" Jessica asked. "Nothing. We're just not used to coming home and seeing you guys together. It's nice, but..." They nodded in agreement. Jessica brought her profolio folder over to Mary. "Mom, these are the paintings, drawings, sketches you wanted to see."

Mary looked over all of them, smiling. "Oh, Jessie, these are brilliant. So creative and talented."

Archie and Jessica smiled. Valentina, Jughead and KP walked in.

"That's basically the definition of Jessica Andrews," Valentina told them. "Creative and talented, and sometimes even badass."

Jessica smirked. "Thanks, Vallie."

"Hello," KP told them.

"Jughead, KP, Valentina, hey," Archie told them.

"Are we interrupting a family meeting?" Jughead asked. "'Cause we can come back."

"Absolutely not," Mary answered. "Valentina, it is very good to see you again."

"You too, Mrs. Andrews," Valentina told her.

"I'm very sorry about what happened with your brother," Mary told her sympathetically. Valentina nodded, looking down. Mary looked at Archie and Jessica. "So, who's going to the dance? Besides your Dad and me... Oh, and Hermione, whom I invited."

"You did?" Fred asked.

Mary nodded. "We'll talk about it."

"Wait, you guys are going to the dance?" KP asked. "Together?"

"We were talking about it," Fred answered.

Mary looked at KP and Archie. "We both wanna hear you two play, if that's still happening."

KP and Archie exchanged a smile, chuckling.

"If you're good with it," Fred told them.

KP and Archie looked at each other, smiling, nodding. Jessica, Valentina and Jughead smirked in amusement.

"Yeah, totally," KP answered.

"I'm great with it," Archie agreed.

"Good," Mary told them.

They all smiled.

~-~

Garage

KP and Archie were practicing for the dance. Jessica, Jughead and Valentina were sitting nearby.

Valentina looked at Archie and Jessica. "So the worm turns. Mary and Fred. A possible rekindling?"

"That would've been a Lil Archie and Jessie's pipe dream," Archie told them.

"Stranger things have happened, man," Jughead told him. "Like for instance, for me and KP, our Dad shaved. Which is the equivalent of tectonic plates shifting. KP, I was thinking, maybe it's time we go back and live with him again."

Jessica chuckled in amusement. "Based on the fact that he shaved?"

"Well, he also hasn't missed a day of work, and he quit drinking," Jughead answered.

Valentina smiled. "KP... That's great, Jughead."

Archie was happy for them, but also concerned about them getting hurt again. "But maybe you guys should wait a little bit longer to make sure it sticks."

"No, dude, I'm telling you, something has shifted," Jughead told him. "Valentina, did KP tell you that he even asked to read the essays, the articles you and I wrote about Jason, or KP's songs?"

"KP told me and Jessica, not Vallie," Archie answered.

"He read all of them?" Valentina asked in surprise.

"Yeah," KP answered. "Even more surprisingly, he engaged with them. He asked us questions about them. He even asked about the investigation that we've all been doing about Jason."

"What kind of questions?" Valentina asked.

"Like who we thought did it," KP answered.

"Your Dad asked you who you thought killed Jason Blossom?" Jessica asked.

"You and Archie repeating everything KP and I are saying is getting really annoying, Jessica," Jughead told her.

Jessica shrugged.

"Did you tell your Dad that I think that one of my parents actually killed him?" Valentina asked.

"Yeah, and he suggested that after we find out what happened, that we all try to move on," Jughead answered. "I know it's not gonna be easy, Vallie, but you're not gonna be alone in it."

Valentina managed a small smile. "I know, Jughead."

"I'm just surprised that FP's getting so engaged with it," Archie admitted. "With you two. I'm actually really happy that you're getting closer with your Dad again. I just don't wanna see you guys get hurt again."

"Me too," Jessica agreed.

"Well, with you two and Vallie looking out for us, how can we?" KP asked.

KP and Archie smiled. Jessica, Valentina and Jughead looked between them in amusement.

"All right, on that note, Vallie, Jug, why don't we leave them two alone?" Jessica asked.

"Absolutely," Valentina answered. "Archie and KP have a set to practice for the dance, and I gotta get home, anyway."

"And I need to go see Veronica," Jessica told them.

Jughead and Valentina stood, smiling small smiles.

"All right, we'll see you later at the Coopers'," Jughead told her. Valentina nodded, chuckling. Jughead and Valentina kissed softly in a brief bye, pulling away, looking at each other with small smiles. Valentina walked out of the garage. Jessica, KP and Archie looked at Jughead knowingly in amusement, exchanging a look, smirking. Jughead looked at them. "What?"

"Not so fun being teased all the time when it's Jessie, me and Archie teasing you and Valentina this time, is it, Juggy?" KP asked.

Jughead smirked sarcastically. "Bite me, KP."

They all smiled.

~-~

Night - Thornhill Mansion - Valentina's Room

Polly and Valentina were getting ready for the dance.

Cheryl made Valentina sit down so she could do her makeup. "All right, since I decided that for the co-queen theme of tonight, I am the fire/devil queen, and you are the ice/angel queen, I am of course in red and you are of course in blue, but we're actually going to dress like queens tonight. Oh, Vallie, it's much more fun being friendly sisters than mortal enemies."

"Yeah, you're seriously kissing ass for what you and Chuck did to me," Valentina told her in annoyance.

Cheryl smirked sarcastically. "And I'm glad we're honoring Jay-Jay's legacy together. This color totally pops on you. Of course you're in blue and I'm in red for tonight's co-queens. To symbolize the fire and ice princesses we are."

"Okay, so I was thinking, the theme for the dance is 'Blast from the Past', right?" Valentina asked. "So, I say we go retro and borrow some of our Mom's vintage bling for the night."

Polly smirked. "Ooh, you're naughty, Valentina."

Cheryl smiled.

~-~

Penelope and Clifford's Room

Cheryl, Valentina and Polly were looking through the room and the jewelry.

"Vallie, our Mom and Dad would freak if they knew we were in here," Cheryl told her. "So let's take our sweet time."

Valentina smirked.

Polly looked around at the wigs. "How many wigs does your father have?"

"One for every mood," Valentina answered. She went through the ring boxes on the desk. "Legend has it that Clifford's hair turned white overnight. Supposedly, he saw the ghost of Grandpappy Blossom with his throat slit."

Cheryl smiled. "Now, me, I love a silver fox, but we Blossoms live and die by our red curls. Right, Vallie?"

Valentina looked at Polly. "Our father tried dying it once, but..."

Valentina trailed off when she saw something in the ring box she was holding, freezing.

"But what?" Polly asked. Valentina took the ring out, putting the box down. "What is that? What did you find?"

Valentina turned to face them. "Nana Rose's ring."

"Which she gave to Jason," Polly told them. "He proposed to me with that ring. So how does your mother have it?"

Cheryl took the ring from Valentina. "Hands off, Vallie."

"The only way your Mom could have that ring is if she or your Dad got it from Jason, and he wouldn't have given it up," Polly told them. "Not over his dead body."

Valentina reached for the ring to take it back.

Cheryl gripped Valentina's wrist hard to stop her. "Vallie, you are as precious of a Blossom as the next, but if you think for one second that being a Blossom guarantees your safety, you're in for a rude awakening."

Polly took Valentina by the arm, leading her out of the room. "You need to go to the dinner at my house, Valentina. I can take care of things here. You just go."

"Polly, after what just happened, I am not leaving you here," Valentina told her.

"They don't know we're onto them," Polly told her. "So I'm in no danger. Just go."

~-~ ~-~

Cooper House - Dining Room

Betty, Jessica, Archie, KP, Jughead and FP were all sitting at the table, all but FP dressed for the dance while Alice was handing out food.

"Super delicious, Mrs. C," KP told her.

"Sure is, Alice," FP told her. "Been a long time since I ate something that didn't come in a combo meal or a snack pack."

Alice sat down. "So, FP... KP and Jughead tell me that you're working for Fred Andrews now. How do you balance that with all of your other responsibilities?"

"You mean like being a father?" FP asked.

"And being a part of the Southside community," Alice answered.

Betty gave her a look. "Mom."

"You can say Southside Serpent, Alice," FP told her. "I'm not ashamed. And it's not just me, there's a bunch of us working on Fred's site."

"So, if you don't mind me asking, I mean, I'm just curious, how did you make your living before that?" Alice asked.

"I scraped by," FP answered. "Odd jobs."

"I know that KP and Jughead worked for the drive in, before it was closed," Alice told them. "Did you find work there, too, FP?"

Jughead didn't like the questioning, sighing. "Dad."

"Well, hung out a bit," FP answered. "What can I say? I'm a movie buff."

"So, tell me, were you upset when Hiram Lodge bought the drive in land?" Alice asked.

FP shrugged. "Stuff happens."

"Let me rephrase that question," Alice told him. "Were you surprised?"

There was a long intense silence before the doorbell rang.

"That's probably Valentina," Archie told them, standing. "I'll get it."

"Good," Jessica told him. "We definitely need an icebreaker."

Archie walked toward the door to let Valentina in. "Hi."

Valentina walked toward the table. "Hey."

Archie closed the door, walking over to take his seat again.

~-~

FP's Trailer

Dressed for the dance, Bash and Veronica walked up to the trailer.

Bash found the spare key. "Just saying, I still hate this plan, and you should've let me tell Jess, Archie, KP, Jughead and Valentina."

"Yeah, I heard you the first thousand times you said that, Bash," Veronica told him. "Let's just get this over with."

They walked up to the trailer. Bash unlocked the door.

~-~

Inside - Living Room

Bash and Veronica walked in, looking around.

"You start in the bedroom," Veronica told him. "I'll start in here."

They split up to look through the trailer.

~-~

Thornhill Mansion - Polly's Room

Penelope and Polly were sitting on the bed, talking.

"You and Valentina wanted an explanation, but you sent Valentina away so her anger wouldn't get the best of her, which was the right choice to make," Penelope told her. "You have no idea what could happen if Valentina loses control of her anger, not with her disorders. The last time Clifford saw Jason was the day my son wash his hands of our family. Jason wanted nothing more to do with the Blossom name, nor our lineage. Including the ring, which he threw in Clifford's face as his final rebuke. Clifford then gave the ring to me for safekeeping."

"I thought the ring had been lost," Polly admitted.

Penelope shook her head. "Nothing's lost forever. Everything comes back." She sighed. "Now, unless you have any more questions, I'll leave you to finish getting ready for the dance." She stood, handing a milkshake to Polly. "And drink up, dear, before it melts."

Penelope walked toward the door. Polly started to drink the milkshake, making sure that Penelope was leaving the room before she continued to drink.

~-~

Cooper House - Dining Room

Alice, Betty, Jessica, Archie, KP, Valentina, Jughead and FP were all sitting at the table.

"Valentina, you came here late," Alice told her. "I'm sorry, did something happen at Thornhill?"

Valentina sighed, sitting back in her chair. "Polly, Cheryl and I had been going through my parents' room when we found Nana Rose's ring, which she gave to Jason so that he could propose to Polly. According to my brother, Jason threw the ring back at our father so that he could leave the Blossom lineage behind, and that was the last time he saw him."

"So do you think that whatever happened to Jason was because of your family, or someone else's, perhaps?" Alice asked, looking at FP specifically. "What do you think, Valentina?"

FP sighed, worried about the kids getting too close to the truth because it would put them in danger, and annoyed with Alice prying. "You remember our Homecoming, Alice? Back in the day? Castles in the Clouds?" He looked at Betty. "Your Mom ever tell you about that night?"

"Just that she and my Dad were king and queen," Betty answered.

Alice smiled.

FP nodded. "Yeah, they were. Of Hell."

KP gave him a look. "Dad, please."

"No, this is a fun story, I promise," FP told them. "Fred and me, we were all set to play at the dance, just like Archie and KP for tonight. I was backstage, dropping off our gear when I heard these voices yelling." He looked at Betty. "It was your Mom and Dad. They were fighting about... about I don't know what. But it sounded like life or death."

"Shut up, FP," Alice told him angrily.

"Happy to oblige if you are," FP replied. "I don't care what you think of me, Alice, but don't jerk me around. Not in front of my kids. Pretty sure Valentina's been through more than enough hell where her brother and the rest of her family's concerned without you putting her through more, especially after what her sister did to her at KP's birthday party."

"This was such a nice idea, but I think it's time that we get to the dance," Archie told them.

Jessica nodded. "So, is it okay if we skip the peach pie?"

~-~

Thornhill Mansion - Polly's Room

Polly had finished her milkshake and was passed out on her bed. Cheryl, Penelope and Clifford stood around her.

"What did you give her?" Cheryl asked.

"Polly was so agitated, I gave her an all-natural relaxer," Penelope answered. "Nothing to hurt the babies, but she will sleep like a lamb till morning."

"Was that story true, about how you got the ring back?" Cheryl asked.

Clifford nodded. "Every word of it. You know, your brother rejected us, our way of life, our business, everything, and after I had groomed him to take over the empire, when really, I should have been nurturing you. Jason and Valentina never had the stomach for any of it. But you, you're a Blossom, through and through. You proved that to us by doing what you did to Valentina. You proved that you wanted it. And you proved that you have the stomach for it."

Cheryl nodded awkwardly. "Okay."

"One more thing before you go to the dance," Penelope told her. "Nana Blossom's ring, it's not in my jewelry box, it's not with Polly or Valentina. Where is it?"

"It wasn't my fault, it was Vallie's," Cheryl told them. "She lunged at me, trying to get it. I didn't know what to do. I panicked. I thought it would be better for everyone if the ring were just gone, down the drain. That way, if Polly or Valentina ever said anything to anyone, there'd be no proof. Just their word against ours. Did I do something wrong?"

Clifford smirked, shaking his head. "No. It's quite right what you did."

Cheryl nodded, turning around, walking out of the room.

~-~

FP's Trailer - Bedroom

Bash was looking through the bedroom but didn't find anything.

~-~

Living Room

Veronica was looking through the living room but didn't find anything.

Bash walked in. "Look, I checked everywhere. Twice. But there's nothing weird or dangerous-looking."

Veronica turned to face him. "Same out here, just tumbleweeds and dust bunnies, that's it. We need to keep looking."

Bash gave her a look. "Veronica."

"Somewhere, there's something that proves it," Veronica told him.

"What?" Bash asked. "What are we even looking for, Ronnie? A signed contract between Jughead and KP's Dad and ours? I doubt they're that stupid."

"We'll switch," Veronica told him. "I'll take the bedroom this time."

Bash stopped her. "You wanted to see if we would find anything incriminating, and we didn't."

"Then we'll look somewhere else," Veronica told him. "Outside or under the trailer."

"Veronica, what do you want?" Bash asked in annoyance. "Do you want Dad to be guilty?"

"I want to know, Bash," Veronica answered. "One way or the other, I need to be sure, and you need to be, too."

"We can keep looking forever, Ronnie, and never find anything," Bash told her.

"Then what about when he comes home?" Veronica asked.

Bash shook his head. "I'm not sure. But we don't have to do it alone. We've always had each other's backs. We still can. And maybe I'm wrong, but not finding anything tonight feels like a win for the home team. A major win for us Lodges." Veronica chuckled. "What?"

"It's just, we walk through the valley of darkness and Sebastian Lodge is there with a smile and a sports metaphor," Veronica answered.

Bash chuckled slightly, returning serious. "But if Dad didn't have Jughead and KP's Dad kill Jason, then it means that one of the Blossoms did it, right? Valentina's right, isn't she?"

Veronica shook her head worriedly. "I don't know, Bash. Speaking of valleys of darkness, if Valentina's right, then she's really the Vallie in the darkness, and the Blossoms are the darkness."

Bash checked his phone to look at the text. "It's Betty. We need to go right now. FP could be on his way home. Let's go."

They hurriedly walked out, closing the door behind them.

~-~ ~-~

Riverdale High School - Outside

(Song) The Glow - Monogem

FP drove Jessica, Valentina, Jughead, KP and Archie to the dance in his car. Jessica, Valentina and KP had umbrellas for the light snow/rain that was outside. Jughead and Archie opened the doors for them to get out.

"You two be gentlemen tonight, okay?" FP asked.

Valentina smirked. "They always are, Mr. Jones."

"Vallie, Archie, Jessica, would you mind giving us just a minute?" Jughead asked.

"No, of course," Jessica answered. "Take your time."

"Archie and I gotta go get ready for our set, so we gotta go," KP told them.

"Hang on for a minute, KP," FP told her. "We gotta talk."

"Okay," KP told him. Jessica, Archie and Valentina walked up the stairs to stand by the doors, waiting for KP and Jughead as they talked to their Dad. KP looked at FP. "What's up?"

"It's time the whole family gets back together," FP told them. "Us, your Mom, Jellybean. They've got a sweet set up in Toledo, there's decent work there."

"In Toledo?" Jughead asked. "Well, why not Riverdale?"

"'Cause of dinners like we just had, and what you're writing about in your book," FP answered. "And hell, you know what happens to people like us in Riverdale, Jug. We get chewed up."

Jughead and KP looked toward where Valentina and Archie were standing at the entrance to the school, worried about what could happen if they actually did move, also worried about their friendships with Jessica, Veronica, Bash, Betty and Kevin ending if they left.

(End of Song)

~-~

Inside - Gym

(Song) Bette Davis Eyes - Rogue Wave

The Homecoming dance was going. Hermione, Fred and Mary walked in together.

Hermione looked around. "Well, it's not the Met Ball, but... thanks for letting me tag along, Fred."

"It's Mary's idea," Fred explained. "Always like to have a beautiful woman on my arm. Tonight, I have two."

Mary chuckled. "Meanwhile, I'm having major deja vu. Remember when this was our lives?"

Fred smiled. "The best of times."

Jughead and Valentina walked in, their arms linked.

"Vallie, tonight after the dance, I'd like to talk to you about something," Jughead told her. "It has to do with KP and our Dad."

"Is everything okay?" Valentina asked.

Jughead nodded. "Yeah. Actually, things are great. Better than they've been in a while. I just kind of wanna figure something out together."

Valentina nodded in agreement. "Mm-hmm." She saw Cheryl across the room, sighing. "Oh, God. Will you be okay alone here for a moment?"

"I think I will be fine," Jughead answered. They both chuckled, but Valentina was distant and worried. "Vallie, what's wrong?"

"After we found the ring, Cheryl threatened me," Valentina answered. "Said that even if I'm a Blossom, it doesn't guarantee my safety." Jughead looked worried and surprised. "I don't know if Cheryl knows what happened to Jason, but if that threat applies to me, then..."

"It applies to your brother," Jughead finished. "You think that's proof enough that one or both of your parents did it? Or even Cheryl?"

Valentina sighed. "I don't think Cheryl did it. Even if she's psychotic, she loved Jason. And she was trying to be nice to me, but when we found the ring, it was like a switch flipped. I don't think she did it, but she might know something about it. I'll be right back." She walked toward her sister. "Cheryl? Where's Polly?"

"She's fine," Cheryl told her. "She sugar-crashed and canceled at the last minute. After we found the ring, our parents kept asking me questions and I got in trouble, which is why I'm never doing anything nice for anyone ever again. Excuse me."

Cheryl walked away. Valentina tried to stop her but let her go, sighing.

(End of Song)

~-~

Bathroom

Mary was touching up her makeup in the bathroom, applying lipstick.

Alice walked up to her. "Well, well, well. Mary Andrews."

"Well, well, well, Alice Cooper," Mary replied.

"Saw you swanning in earlier with Fred and Hermione," Alice told her. "I didn't realize that you were a polyamorist."

"I don't think that's an actual word," Mary told her.

"It's a compliment, Mary," Alice told her.

Mary nodded awkwardly. "Huh."

Alice started to touch up her lipstick. "I couldn't be seen in the same room with those two. Not after all their monkey business. Oh. Oh, did you not know?"

Mary rolled her eyes. "You have been playing the same game since junior high and it was tired even back then. Fred is a big boy, he can do as he pleases. I came here tonight to have fun with both of my dates. So, if you have a problem with that..."

Alice grabbed her phone when it started to ring, walking away. "I have to take this."

~-~

Gym

(Song) Blue Monday - New Order

Archie and KP were setting up for their songs while everyone was dancing to the electronic music while they waited for their performance.

Betty walked up to Kevin. "Hey, Kev, have you seen Bash and Veronica?" Veronica and Bash walked in. Betty saw them. "Oh, never mind, I see them."

Alice, Veronica, Bash and Betty met up to talk about what they found. Archie and KP saw them talking from the stage, while Jessica and Valentina saw them from the crowd, all looking confused. Mayor McCoy and Weatherbee walked up to Valentina.

"There you are, Miss Blossom," Weatherbee told her. "Mayor McCoy would like to review the evening's itinerary with you and your sister. Where is Cheryl?"

"I don't know, I've been looking for her myself," Valentina told them, looking across the room toward Alice, Betty, Bash and Veronica while they were talking in confusion.

"Would you walk me up?" McCoy asked.

"What?" Valentina asked.

"To the stage?" McCoy asked.

"Actually, Principal Weatherbee, will you do the honors?" Valentina asked. "I still have to find Cheryl. Excuse me."

Valentina walked away. Weatherbee walked McCoy up to the stage. Valentina and Jessica walked up to Jughead, Betty, Bash and Veronica.

"Bash, Veronica, where were you guys?" Jessica asked.

"We stopped at Pop's," Veronica told them. "And, Jessie, you look absolutely amazing. I can't wait to have fun."

"What were you just talking to Betty's Mom about?" Valentina asked.

"Yeah, why was she asking us so many questions about our Dad, Jason and Valentina's family?" Jughead asked.

Bash sighed, clearly getting ready to tell them. "Jughead. Valentina, listen--"

Veronica gave him a look. "Bash."

"Guys, can we table this?" Betty asked. "Archie and KP are about to play."

(End of Song)

McCoy spoke to everyone through the mic. "Friends, students and alumni, I hope you brought your dancing shoes. Please join me in welcoming to the stage Riderdale High's very own Archie Andrews and KP Jones!"

Everyone was cheering and applauding. KP and Archie looked at each other on stage, getting ready for the song, both smiling at each other, starting to sing a cover of Kids in America by Kim Wilde, during which time people in the crowd were having around their phones as flashlights to encourage and support them.

Archie started to sing. "Looking out a dirty old window / Down below the cars in the city go rushing by." He looked ta KP as they both smiled. "I sit here alone and I wonder why." KP was playing her guitar as Archie continued to sing. "Friday night and everyone's moving."

~-~

FP's Trailer

FP was alone in his trailer, looking toward the door, seeing police lights flashing outside, sighing as the police walked up to his trailer and knocked on the door.

Archie: (voice over, singing) "I can feel the heat, but it's soothing / Heading down, I search for the beat in this dirty town."

~-~

Riverdale High School - Gym

KP and Archie were still on the stage, playing their guitars for the dance.

KP started to sing, letting go of her guitar to grab the mic with one hand with a fierce edge, tilting her head, smirking. "Downtown the young ones are going / Downtown the young ones are growing."

Archie smiled at how well she performed.

~-~

FP's Trailer

FP opened the door to let the police in.

Sheriff Keller handed a warrant to FP. "I got a warrant to search the premises."

"Be my guest," FP told them. "I got nothing to hide."

The police started to look around.

KP and Archie: (voice over, singing) "We're the kids in America / Whoa-oh."

~-~

Riverdale High School - Gym

KP and Archie were playing their guitars, singing together, smiling. "We're the kids in America / Whoa-oh." Some of the people in the crowd were singing along happily. Cheryl was watching coldly. Veronica got Jessica to dance with her, both smiling and laughing as they danced as well as other couples. "Everybody live for the music go round."

KP sang alone. "Bright lights, the music gets faster." She looked at Archie, tilting her head as she played her guitar and sang into the mic, smirking. "Look, boy, don't check on your watch." She playfully pushed Archie in the chest. "Not another glance."

Valentina and Jughead smirked in amusement, although they kept giving Betty, Bash, Veronica and Alice suspicious looks.

Archie stood behind KP, playing his guitar, singing into her mic from over her shoulder teasingly, making her smile. "I'm not leaving now, honey, not a chance."

Jessica, Fred and Mary smiled at Jessica's brother/Fred and Mary's son performing with his girlfriend/Jessica's best friend and that they were both having fun and smiling. Bash and Betty were trying to enjoy themselves, though the guilt they were feeling was making that pretty impossible.

~-~

FP's Trailer

The police were still looking through FP's trailer. FP was watching the police search his trailer with an unimpressed look on his face.

KP: (voice over, singing) "Hotshot, give me no problems / Much later, baby, you'll be saying never mind."

~-~

Riverdale High School - Gym

KP and Archie were still performing, playing their guitars and singing.

Archie sang alone. "You know life is cruel, life is never kind."

KP and Archie sang together. "Kind hearts don't make a new story / Kind hearts don't grab any glory." Cheryl walked out of the gym. "We're the kids in America." The crowd raised their arms in the air as they sang along with KP and Archie. "Whoa-oh."

~-~

Hallway

Cheryl was slowly walking down the hallway, past the symbol on the floor for the school, walking outside.

KP and Archie: (voice over, singing) "Everybody live for the music go round / La, la, la, la, la, la, la."

~-~

Gym

The crowd was clapping in beat to the song as KP and Archie were rocking out on their guitars and singing. "La, la, la, la, la." Archie spun his guitar around his back and chest, catching it in his arms. KP tipped over her mic stand, flipping it back up into her hand, as they continued to sing the la, la, las, nodding her head as they rocked out fiercely. The crowd cheered louder than before. KP and Archie smiled, singing. "Come closer, honey, that's better / Got to get a brand-new experience feeling right / Oh, don't try to stop, baby." KP and Archie stood back to back, smiling as they continued to play and sing. "Hold me tight."

Valentina and Jughead were still watching Bash, Betty and Veronica suspiciously, though they were still cheering KP and Archie on. Bash held an arm around Betty. Betty smiled. Jessica, still suspicious as well, was still cheering KP and Archie on, and was still having fun dancing with Veronica.

~-~

FP's Trailer

The police were still looking around as FP watched. Keller found a lock box, pulling it out of the closet.

KP and Archie: (voice over, singing) "Outside a new day is dawning / Outside suburbia's sprawling everywhere."

~-~

Riverdale High School - Gym

KP and Archie were face to face as they sang, close enough to kiss, which made the crowd cheer louder. "I don't want to go, baby." KP turned away, going into an epic guitar rift, making the crowd cheer. "New York to East California." Archie pointed at KP proudly as she continued to play the rift, smiling happily. "There's a new wave coming, I warn you / We're the kids in America." The crowd sang along, throwing their hands up, including Bash, Betty, Veronica, Jessica, Jughead, Valentina, Kevin, Joaquin, Alice, Fred, Mary, Hermione, so on. "Whoa-oh / We're the kids in America / Whoa-oh / Everybody live for the music go round / La, la, la, la, la, la, la."

KP went into an even more epic guitar solo as they continued to sing the la la las, making the crowd cheering even louder, as KP and Archie got close enough to kiss again, but didn't, just smiling as they continued to sing.

~-~

FP's Trailer

FP stood in confusion when he saw the lock box, walking toward Keller. Keller opened the lock box, finding a gun inside.

KP and Archie: (voice over, singing) "La, la, la, la, la / La, la, la, la, la."

Keller showed the gun to FP. "You want to explain this?"

FP didn't answer, trying his best not to look shocked.

~-~ ~-~

Riverdale High School - Gym

(Song) Dance Hall Days - Imperial Mammoth

Everyone was dancing to the slow song. Fred and Mary were even dancing together.

Mary smiled. "So, Archie and KP, and Jessica and Veronica are..."

"We haven't exactly had the conversation, but the Magic 8-ball says, yes," Fred answered.

Mary chuckled. "You Andrews men are such players. Luckily me and Jessie are one-woman or one-man type of girls."

Hermione was watching them from where she was sitting at her table.

Kevin and Joaquin were dancing elsewhere.

"This is the first time I've brought a boyfriend to one of these things," Kevin explained. "This is the first time I've really had a boyfriend. Mostly it's been hook-ups with closeted guys."

KP and Archie walked up to them.

Archie waved. "Hey, guys, sorry to interrupt. Have you seen Jughead, Valentina, Bash, Betty, Jessica or Veronica anywhere?"

"You all need tracking devices," Kevin told them. "I think they were headed out to the hall to talk."

"Thanks," KP told them.

KP and Archie walked away. Kevin looked across the room to see McCoy and Keller talking, walking over to his Dad.

(End of Song)

~-~

Hallway

Veronica, Bash and Betty were facing Jessica, Valentina and Jughead.

"Before you get mad, let us explain," Bash told them.

"Explain what?" Jessica asked. "That you're all working with Betty's Mom behind my back? Behind Valentina, KP, Jughead and Archie's backs?"

"I'm sorry, Jessica, but you know FP had some kind of arrangement with Bash's and my Dad," Veronica told her. "We had to make sure it wasn't about Vallie's brother."

"If you had just been honest with me and come to talk to me, I could have told you two that I found Nana Rose's ring in my parents' room, something that Jason would never give to them because he used that ring to propose to Polly," Valentina told them.

"Blame me, Valentina," Betty told her. "I asked Veronica and Bash to help me."

"Help you do what?" Jughead asked angrily, betrayed. "What did you guys do?"

Archie and KP walked into the hall toward them.

"Bash?" Archie asked. "Betty? Ronnie?"

"Juggy?" KP asked. "Vallie? Jessie? What's going on?"

"Why do I feel like we're suddenly left out?" Archie asked.

"I don't know," Jughead told them. "That's what Jessica, Valentina and I are trying to find out, too."

"Find out what?" Archie asked.

Bash sighed heavily. "We went to Jughead and KP's Dad's trailer to..."

"To search it," Veronica finished.

"Why would you guys do that?" KP asked.

"My Mom put them up to it," Betty answered. "She was convinced he was hiding something about Jason."

"We were wrong," Veronica told them. "All of us. We didn't find anything."

"No, we were only doing it to prove that..." Bash trailed off.

"That our Dad wasn't a murderer?" Jughead finished. "You guys went behind our backs, Bash?"

Bash sighed in regret. "Jug... KP..."

"How did you..." Archie trailed off. "When did you guys know to go to their Dad's trailer?"

"We knew he'd be at dinner with..." Veronica trailed off.

Jessica, Archie, KP, Jughead and Valentina realized that Betty and Alice set up the dinner because of this, giving Betty a look.

Betty looked at them in regret, sadly. "Guys, I'm sorry."

"That's why your Mom invited us to dinner?" Valentina asked, pointing at Veronica and Bash. "So these two could break into FP's trailer while she interrogated him?"

"Yes," Betty answered.

"Then why was she asking Valentina questions?" Jughead asked. "Why interrogate her, too?"

"Because we told my Mom that Vallie thought that her parents did it," Betty answered. "And we all wanted to make sure."

"You could've told us," KP told them. "You could've warned us about this."

"Bash wanted to," Veronica admitted. "He kept telling us to tell you, but we kinda didn't let him, or listen to him."

"And we should've," Betty told them. "I'm sorry, Bash, we should've listened to you."

"No kidding you should've listened to Bash," Jessica told them. "Veronica, how could you?"

Veronica looked at her sadly. "I'm so sorry, Jessie. I was just trying to find out who was behind Vallie's brother's murder."

"And you really thought it could be Jughead and KP's Dad that killed Jason, knowing that it would destroy Vallie?" Jessica asked skeptically. "That your father could have hired FP to kill his son's girlfriend slash his daughter's best friend's brother? And you didn't tell me and Archie because you knew we would tell Jughead, KP and Vallie."

Kevin walked into the hallway. "There they are."

Alice, Mary, Fred and Hermione followed them.

"Betty, thank God," Alice told her.

"You have to listen, all of you," Hermione told them.

"My Dad just told Mayor McCoy about Jughead and KP's Dad," Kevin explained.

"What about our Dad?" Jughead asked.

"He was just arrested for the murder of Jason Blossom," Fred answered.

Valentina, Jughead, KP, Archie, Jessica, Veronica, Betty and Bash looked at them in shock and heartbreak.

~-~

Outside

Jughead and KP ran outside, away from the school. Valentina, Jessica and Archie followed them quickly, while Betty, Bash and Veronica ran outside but stopped outside the door.

"KP, wait," Archie told her.

"Jughead," Valentina told him.

"KP!" Jessica told her. "Jug!"

Penelope and Clifford got out of their car, stopping Valentina from following them.

Penelope grabbed her daughter's arm forcefully to stop her. "Valentina, no."

"Let go," Valentina told her angrily.

Archie, Jessica and Valentina looked down the street to see that KP and Jughead were already gone.

~-~ ~-~

FP's Trailer

KP tore down the police caution tape over the door, opening it, running inside, looking around in a desperate confusion, completely in shock and in denial, starting to cry, throwing things over, wrecking things out of anger. Jughead walked in, pulling KP away from the wrecked things, trying to comfort her. KP turned to Jughead, crying. Jughead was starting to cry as well, holding his little sister in his arms. They both remembered what FP had told them and Valentina in 1.08 The Outsiders.

"I'm not a perfect father, no getting around that. But, I'm no killer."

~-~

Thornhill Mansion - Valentina's Room

Clifford and Penelope had to drag Valentina back to her room by her arms.

Valentina pushed them off of her, turning to face them furiously, glaring at them knowingly, seconds away from becoming Dark Vallie if her parents did anything more to trigger her dark side, especially after being betrayed and angered by three of her friends. "Kevin said someone tipped off his Dad, was it you?"

"Why would you think that, Valentina?" Clifford asked.

"Answer the damn question, Clifford," Valentina told him angrily, not even bothering with calling her parents 'Mom and Dad'. "And don't lie. Was it you?"

"It was not," Clifford told her.

Valentina tilted her head skeptically, glaring at them furiously.

"But I'm glad that you're safe," Penelope told her. "And as much as I like Jughead and KP, I am so glad that you are done with that family."

"Done?" Valentina repeated. "KP is my best friend, alongside Jessica. And I love Jughead. They're as much my family as you are, more so than you have ever been. Neither of you have ever given a damn about me, so why should I give a damn about you? Especially with what you've done to us? To me, Jason, to Cheryl, as kids? Why do you think I can't feel pain anymore, Penelope? Because you two beat it out of me. What other secrets are you hiding, Clifford?"

Valentina tried to push her way around them.

Clifford grabbed Valentina by the arm tightly, to the point that he would have hurt her if she could feel pain, but she couldn't feel the pain, making her glare at them furiously in rage. "You think we had something to do with your brother's death?"

"Well, I don't think Jughead and KP's Dad did," Valentina answered. "FP's not psychotic and horrible, like the two of you. And if you don't let me go, I can show you just how much I can be like you."

"You are not going anywhere, young lady," Penelope told her.

"I'm going to look for Jughead and KP," Valentina told them. "And I'm going to prove that you did this, that you set their father up."

"We don't want to trigger another Dark Vallie moment," Penelope told her.

"Too late," Valentina told them furiously, dangerously, stepping closer threateningly. "You already did. Do not push me tonight, because I will push back. I know what you're capable of, and you should know by now what I'm capable of when you trigger another black out." Cheryl was watching from the hallway, smirking slightly at the way that Vallie stood up to their parents. "You think that Cheryl and I can be psychotic? Look in the mirror and you'll see who we got that from."

(Song) Adore - Savages

Valentina tried to leave, but Clifford grabbed her arm again tightly. Valentina pried her father's hand off her arm, gripping his hand so hard that she hurt him, making him let go, pushing him back into Penelope. Cheryl was a little nervous around Dark Vallie but was pleased to see their parents get what they deserve, walking away from the door, leaving the hallway. Valentina pushed her way through her parents, leaving the room and the mansion.

~-~

Lodge Apartment - Living Room

Bash, Veronica and Hermione were sitting on the couch.

"If FP confesses, he might drag us into this," Hermione told them. "Talk about our dealings with the Serpents."

Veronica shook her head. "But at least we'll know if Dad hired him to..."

Bash looked at Hermione. "And if he did, and you can't pretend otherwise?"

Hermione looked at her children, nodding. "We'll cut all ties with him. He'll be dead to us."

"We may not be able to walk away so easily," Bash told them.

Veronica took both her brother and mother's hands.

~-~

Andrews House - Kitchen

Archie and Jessica were sitting at the counter.

Mary was standing next to him. "FP has always had his demons."

Archie shook his head. "We don't think he did this, Mom. Valentina still thinks it's her parents, but she's trying to prove it."

"You know, after I heard you play and before everything happened, I was going to ask you to come to Chicago with me," Mary told them. Fred was walking down the stairs in the foyer, listening. "To stay. You could study music, art."

"I'm not even thinking about that right now, Mom," Jessica told her.

"No, I know, I know," Mary told them. "It's just, I want you with me. I don't think that this town is safe anymore. I feel like Riverdale is getting ready to slide off of a mountainside, and I don't want you anywhere around when that happens. Just promise me you'll at least think about it."

Archie shook his head. "I can't leave KP alone after what happened tonight. I won't."

Jessica sighed. "I won't either. I can't leave KP and Vallie after what happened to both of them. Or Jughead. We need to stay, Mom."

~-~

Thornhill Mansion - Polly's Room

Polly was still sleeping in bed. Cheryl held a mirror beside her mouth and nose, seeing the fog on the mirror caused by her breath, making sure she was still breathing. She laid the blanket over Polly, walking away.

~-~

Hallway

Cheryl walked down the hall, seeing that Penelope and Clifford were still reeling after Valentina had left them.

Penelope was sobbing. "That bastard killed my baby. He killed my Jason. I want him dead for what he did. Valentina should be nowhere near that family."

Clifford held Penelope in his arms. "You have my word, darling. You have my word."

Cheryl took out Nana Rose's ring, holding it in her hand, turning around, walking away down the hall.

~-~

Pop's Chock-Lit Shoppe - Outside

Valentina walked up to Pop's, still in her dress, clawing into the palms of her hands, much like she had done after the dance in 1.01 The River's Edge. She saw the blood on her hands but didn't bother to wipe it away this time, walking inside.

~-~

Inside

Valentina walked in, seeing that Archie and Jessica were standing at the counter.

Archie sighed. "Pop, hey. Jughead and KP haven't been by, have they?"

"Nope," Pop answered. "You're not the only ones who's come looking for them."

Valentina, Jessica and Archie turned to follow his gaze to Betty, Bash and Veronica as they walked toward them.

"Valentina..." Veronica trailed off. "Archie... Jessica..."

"Thank goodness," Betty told them.

"We were gonna call you," Bash told them.

Valentina glared at them. "I'm not talking to you, any of you, ever again."

Jessica placed a hand on her arm to calm her down. "Vallie. Hey."

"It's about Jughead and KP," Bash told them.

"Kevin called us," Veronica explained. "And he said his Dad found a gun, the gun that killed Jason, in a lock box in FP's closet."

"But, guys, Veronica and Bash searched FP's trailer," Betty told them.

"We looked through that closet, and there was no lock box," Bash told them. "Someone put it there after we left. He's being framed."

Valentina, Jessica, Archie, Betty, Bash and Veronica all exchanged a long, tension filled look, sighing.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

11.6K 310 24
All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Heartofice97: Alex Gilbert, Liv Gilb...
318K 5.7K 52
here we go with my new book! super excited for this one:) also- this will have betty, veronica, cheryl, josie, all of them in it & more even. enjoy...
19.7K 377 38
The witches Betty, Veronica, Alice and Hemione settle down in a town called Riverdale. Will Betty and Veronica find About the many Secrets their moth...
1M 14.9K 169
Riverdale preferences and imagines REQUESTS ARE CLOSED