This Lullaby

By CockBlockSociety

Short Story #112 / Romance #391 One look at her and I knew i'd spend far too much time trying to a write a... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 1

73 2 1
By CockBlockSociety

I looked across the crowded halls off Lanchester High and there he stood. The epitome of masculine beauty.

He was tall. His broad shoulders back and his sculpted chest pushed out, exuding more confidence than I could ever dream of possessing.

There was no denying it.

He had the body of a God, with the facial features to match.

He was nothing short of perfection.

His grey-blue eyes shone from under slightly overgrown brown hair. His strong jaw, and oh-so-kissable lips only added to his appeal.

And just when I thought I could not possibly be any more transfixed by such a beautiful boy, I was proven terribly wrong.

He smiled.

Maybe it was something the Sport said, or maybe it was just the way he was.

But then to my horror. He turned my way. His eyes met mine, and he quickly looked away, blushing. Probably at the thought of ever making eye-contact with me.

He continued to talk to the Sports, that were so happy to see another Handsome face to fit in with their crew, just another new, shiny toy.

It wasn't everyday in Ocala that you got to see a new face in town. Especially one with the face of an Angel.

I shut my locker and continued on to first period.

Throughout the 7 minutes I had before first bell, I had learned his name was Eric Hamilton and that he moved here from SouthEast Colorado.

He lived with his mother and two younger brothers with an absent father. He didn't have the richest family, as we soon found out he lived on the West Side of town.

West Side wasn't too bad. It was more under developed than most parts of Ocala, it had a lot more land and space, not many stores or entertainment except for the occasional 20/20 news, and held many wild animals, including Beavers and Wolves.

I lived on the North Side. "The Rich Side." There wasn't much of a difference between the two sides. We just had less land, more appliance stores, more entertainment. Well, just more of everything.

The two minute bell rang signalling the end of our conversation.

I picked my Canon Camera off the floor and put it over my neck and bent down to grab my books.

I quickly did an evaluation to make sure I hadn't overlooked any due homework, and suddenly stopped when I heard someone clear their throat.

I looked up under my eyelashes to see the boy, Eric, standing next to me.

I thought he was going to help me pick up my stuff, until he said, "You're in front of my locker." in a curt tone.

Oh. "Sorry." I mumbled picking up my stuff and headed to first period.

I walked into my Biology class and sat down at my station by the window.

I took out my Biology journal, a pen and pencil, then placed my bag on the station in the empty seat.

 Why did I even think he would talk to me?

I pushed away the silly thought.

Even thinking about having a new "popular" kid at school made anger bubble inside me. Just another jerk bound to shove someone into the lockers for fun.

I plopped my bag into the seat next to me.

I was the only person that didn't have a partner, given the odd amount of students in my classroom.

But the Station next to me held one of my few close friends.

Elaine Manson.

Lane was unimaginably beautiful in every sophisticated way a young woman could look. She had natural blonde hair and beautiful Brown eyes. She always dressed for school appropriately, and had the wisdom of a 30 year old.

Her fun side had never peaked with me when we had first become friends, but 3 years ago when her mother had died over summer, we had a lot of time to really reminisce over what we had in common, we just clicked in some way.

"Elaine!" I called my best friend over.

"Hey Brin."

"Was there any homework?" I asked rifling through my papers.

"Not that I can recall."

I kept thumbing through pages.

"Oh wait, there was the Cell Cycle that we had to complete in our journals."

"Oh," i stopped short thinking.

"I think you already turned that in yesterday."

"Probably." I shrugged.

"Did you hear about the new guy Eric?" She giggled excitedly grabbing my arm.

"Yeah." I scoffed. "Who didn't? The whole town is talking about it."

I didn't mention I already had a run in with him.

"I hear he's insanely hot!" She mused.

"He's pretty hard to miss." I said sarcasticly.

"I really like your outfit today." She smiled ignoring my curt tone.

"Thanks." I blushed smiling.

I hadn't bothered doing anything with my hair.  I just brushed it. My brown hazelnut hair fell in loose curls, except it was naturally like this. I didn't go all out on my makeup today, just did some simple foundation, eyeliner, lip liner, and Mascara.

I had picked out a loose Baby Blue sweater, tan pants, and some Brown knee high boots with the top of my lace cream leg warmers sticking out.

"I like your outfit too." I returned a smiled at Lane.

She had worn a simple Jean Jacket with a white, red, black, and tan Aztec print shirt, she added tan pants, and some Floral old fashions shoes.

"Very Classy." I giggled.

"Thanks!" She exclaimed, "Daddy gave me allowance so I went to the shops of Legacy and did a big haul."

"How fun." I smiled.

I was cut short, as our Professor walked in the room.

"Class be seated." My teacher, Mr. Spain said. "I suppose everyone has turned their homework into the trey if you have not already."

"Got to go. I'll text you." Lane said walking away making a texting motion with her thumbs.

Mr. Spain was quick to jump into our lesson, simply going over the cell cycle as we had been doing the whole week put me wayyy out of place. This class was too easy.

Maybe I should go from Pre-Ap to Intermediate.

I hadn’t realized just how much I was staring out into space until a dark silhouette appeared in my peripheral vision.

I watched in sweet-bitter delight as Eric walked into our class, keeping his eyes on his schedule. Probably praying along with me that this wasn't his class.

If I thought this position couldn't get any more awkward, I looked up once more to find my teacher pointing to me, and Eric walking towards me.

I tried to say calm and kept looking down, flipping my journal open to a clean page, with wary thoughts.

"Um." He said awkwardly. He shifted the weight of his backpack on one shoulder. One shouldered back packs are soooo overrated.

"Um what?"

Sure he was cute. But he was a dick.

"Are you Brinley?"

"Yeaaa." I said slowly.

"Mr. Spain, wanted you to be my partner."

"Correction: You're my partner. And you're sitting by the window." I picked my bag off of the chair and plopped it in the ground to my other side.

Eric awkwardly wiggled around my chair and sat next to me in his chair. He opened up his backpack flustered, looking around the room to see what we were doing.

"Sorry." I mumbled looking away acting busy. "We're on chapter 9 in our biology textbooks, and get out a clean sheet of paper."

I lifted the camera off my neck and placed it softly on the big table.

"Ok I want everyone to take out the microscopes and disks." Mr Spain said before turning around to take attendance.

"Get the microscope please." I asked my new partner.

"Where is it?" He asked.

"In the wall." I pointed next to him. Underneath the window next to us was a small Square door on the wall.

"How do I open it?" Eric asked.

"Twist left then right." I instructed.

Eric fumbled around with it, not being able to turn it just right.

I sat there for a couple seconds.

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.

"Left, then right." I instructed placing my head in my hands, moving my hands in the air to show him.

I finally just leaned over him, and opened it myself.

The door swung open.

"Got it." Eric said, smiling at me cheekily.

I swallowed impatiently and waited for him to catch on.

"What?" He asked.

"Can you grab the microscope? Or do I need to do that too?"

He put his hands up in surrender. "I got this. No need to be hostile."

He pulled the microscope out onto the table.

"The slides are still in there." I said pointing to the previous problem.

He reached in and pulled out the slides.

"What do we do?" He asked.

"Remind me again why you're in pre-ap biology?" I asked in the most polite tone I could.

Eric kinda looked at me in a whats-your-problem way and I loosened up a bit to my distaste.

Rolling my shoulders back, I leaned forward to the Microscope.

Eric outstretched his hand. "My name is Eric Hamilton."

I pulled away from the Microscope, caught off gaurd.

Which was very rare for someone to do to me.

I didn't shake his hand. But I replied, "My name is Brinley Palmer." I looked away, "Do you have a Journal?" I asked, "Possibly a piece of paper?"

"Yeah." He pulled out a notebook.

I felt a vibration in my lap where my phone was placed.

Lane: Just how lucky are you?

Me: Not very if you actually met this dude.

"Okay flip open to a new page." I instructed once more. "Now number 1 to 5 skipping lines."

Once he was done. I continued.

"Now, we're going to identify the slides."

Lane: Cut some slack for the newbie.

I wedged my phone back in-between my legs.

Eric nodded his head. "Easy." He paused for a moment. "Lady's first?"

I grabbed the microscope from him and slipped a slide in adjusting the coarse knob on 10x. After a moment of determining just what I was looking at I decided, "Prophase." And turned to write it down.

"Mind if I look?" He asked.

I watched Eric bow his head down to the lense.

His brow creased when he concentrates. "Prophase." He agreed writing it down.

Eric then slipped in the second slide. "Anaphase."

"Mind if I look?" I asked mimicking his tone.

Eric chuckled and passed the microscope to me, and for a moment, I actually believed he wasn't like the other kids here.

I took one look. Damn. He was right.

He passed me slide three and I looked. "Interphase."

He didn't look to see if I was wrong.

Then Mr. Spain spoke.

"Look up at the board to see if you got the same answers.

"Good job, partner." Eric said exaggerating the partner part.

He then, in one swift motion grabbed his book and walked out of class right as the bell rang.

-----------------------

Hey Guy's, first chapter! Can I have some comments below on how it was? Cause this was just a portion and if people don't like it, I'll probably just end up taking it down. My work has to be perfect! Vote, Comment, and Fan if you already haven't! <3 Picture on the side is Theo James as Eric!!!

Continue Reading