Worlds Colliding (Riverdale...

By katherinep97

All rights go to the creators of Riverdale and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Hearto... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - The River's Edge
Chapter 2 - Touch of Evil
Chapter 3 - Body Double
Chapter 4 - The Last Picture Show
Chapter 5 - Heart of Darkness
Chapter 7 - In a Lonely Place
Chapter 8 - The Outsiders
Chapter 9 - La Grande Illusion
Chapter 10 - The Lost Weekend
Chapter 11 - To Riverdale and Back Again
Chapter 12 - Anatomy of a Murder
Chapter 13 - The Sweet Hereafter

Chapter 6 - Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!

372 18 1
By katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/38716

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: There were several shots of the town.

Bash: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (Riverdale)"

Jughead: (voice over) "This story is about a town, once wholesome and innocent, now forever changed..."

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: On Sweetwater River, Jason and Valentina walked toward the water.

Jughead: (voice over) "By the mysterious death of Jason Blossom on the Fourth of July."

From 1.05 - Heart of Darkness: In Thornhill, Fred and Hermione were talking.

"The bookkeeping position at my company is still open," Fred told her. "If you're interested."

Hermione smiled, nodding, embracing Fred. "Yes, yes, yes."

From 1.01 - The River's Edge: In the Lodge apartment, Hermione opened the bag to reveal a ton of money inside. "Oh, Hiram."

From 1.04 - The Last Picture Show: In McCoy's office, Hermione brought the bag to the mayor. "A donation to your re-election campaign."

"And Lodge Industries gets one of the most prime pieces of real estate in Riverdale," McCoy told her.

From 1.05 - Heart of Darkness: In the garage of the Cooper house, Betty looked at her father. "What did Jason do that was so bad?"

"Jason and Polly had a fight," Hal told her. "Afterwards, Polly was pretty devastated, so we sent her to a hospital."

From 1.05 - Heart of Darkness: In the Blue and Gold office, Jughead and Valentina were talking.

"Vallie, if your parents, and Betty's parents, lied about Jason and Polly, there's probably more that they lied about," Jughead told her.

From 1.05 - Heart of Darkness: In the Cooper house, Betty looked at her father. "Dad, Jason and Polly were engaged. Did you know that?"

"I'd die before I let them steal my daughter," Hal told her.

"Where is she?" Betty asked, hitting the table.

"She is sick!" Hal told her, standing.

From 1.05 - Heart of Darkness: In the Blue and Gold office, Valentina pinned the post it labeled 'The Coopers' to the murder board. "We need to talk to Polly."

~-~ ~-~

Flashback

Night - Cooper House - Betty's Room

Young Betty was sleeping in her bed, seeming to be having nightmares.

Valentina: (voice over) "Fear. It's the most basic, the most human emotion."

Young Polly woke Young Betty up from her nightmare.

Valentina: (voice over) "As kids, we're afraid of everything. The dark..."

"Will you stay in my room tonight, Polly?" Young Betty asked. "Please?"

Valentina: (voice over) "The boogeyman under the bed."

"Mom won't let me, Betty," Young Polly told her. "But I'll turn the night light on, okay?"

Young Polly turned the night light on.

Valentina: (voice over) "And we pray for morning. For the monsters to go away."

~-~

Now

Day One

Morning - Cooper House - Betty's Room

(Song) You Wish You Were Red - Trailer Trash Tracys

Betty was sitting in her room, writing in her diary.

Valentina: (voice over) "Though they never do. Not really. Just ask my brother."

Alice walked in to put Betty's clothes away.

"Oh, Mom, I forgot to mention," Betty told her. "I invited Bash over for breakfast."

Alice was clearly not happy about that. "Hmm."

(End of Song)

~-~

Kitchen

Betty, Bash and Alice were sitting at the table, eating breakfast in awkward silence.

"So, Bash, I suppose we have you and your friends to thank for Betty's ongoing obsession with this Jason Blossom ghoulishness?" Alice asked.

"Actually, Mom, I was the one who asked Bash to help me and my friends with the investigation," Betty answered.

Alice chuckled. "Relax, Betty. I'm just making conversation."

Bash finished his orange juice. Betty nodded subtly.

"Do you guys have a bathroom I could use?" Bash asked.

Betty stood. "Sure, I'll show you."

"No, no," Alice told her, standing. "I'll show him. Follow me, Bash."

Alice led Bash out of the room.

Betty used the distraction to go through her mother's purse, finding an address book, taking a picture of it with her phone.

~-~

Andrews House - Archie's Room

Archie was going through all of his things, seeing a bulldog mask, putting it away, grabbing a belt, practicing his guitar in front of the mirror.

Jughead: (voice over) "Another fun fact about fear. Sometimes it grows up with you."

~-~

Jessica's Room

Jessica was making some more of her paintings and drawings for her class. Her room was already cluttered with paintings and drawings.

Jughead: (voice over) "Or it curls up inside of you, tightens around your guts."

~-~

Riverdale High School - Auditorium

Kevin was running auditions for the school talent show. "Archie Andrews?"

Archie was getting ready. There was a crowd watching, including Veronica, Jessica, KP, Josie, Valerie, Melody and jocks and a few others.

Jughead: (voice over) "Each fall, Riverdale High hosts a Variety Show. But this event is no mere student frolic."

"And what will you be auditioning with?" Kevin asked.

"Uh, an original song that I wrote called 'I'll Try'," Archie answered.

"Try harder," Reggie told him. "Maybe try not sucking so much."

Archie hallucinated that the jocks were wearing bulldog masks. He shook the vision off, trying to play, but he could barely move his fingers.

"Take your time, Archie," Jessica told him. "Though they do have people waiting."

"Oh, my God, what's happening?" KP asked.

"He's choking," Josie answered.

Veronica clapped her hands to move this along. "Archie, clock's ticking."

"Excuse me, sorry, I gotta go," Archie told them, walking away quickly.

The jocks laughed and applauded mockingly.

Jessica and KP exchanged a look, sighing.

"KP..." Jessica trailed off.

"Yeah, I know, Jess," KP told her. "I got this."

KP stood, walking out.

~-~

Hallway

Archie and KP were sitting together in the hallway, on the floor.

Archie was twitching anxiously. "When I was up there, looking out, I don't know, I just froze."

"That was stage fright, Archie," KP told him.

"Yeah, but when I'm on the football field, the stands can be packed," Archie pointed out. "Packed, and it doesn't affect my game at all."

KP shrugged. "Singing makes you vulnerable in a way that football doesn't."

"Or maybe what I was missing out there onstage was my team," Archie told her. "Or at least a partner. What if we sang 'I Got You'?"

"If I find out that this is a big scheme for you to get me to show off my skills..." KP trailed off, chuckling.

Archie laughed. "No, it's not, but it wouldn't be a bad thing if it was, would it? Come on, KP. Sing with me. To help me get my sea legs."

KP tilted her head, considering.

~-~

Blue and Gold Office

Betty and Bash met up with Valentina and Jughead, showing them Betty's phone, the picture that Betty had taken of her mother's things.

Betty read from the picture. "'The Sisters of Quiet Mercy'."

"What is that?" Valentina asked. "Like a church, or a charity?"

Jughead looked it up online. "No, it's a... 'home for troubled youths. Where disenfranchised teens will learn such virtues as discipline and respect, enjoying lives of quiet reflection and servitude'."

"Poor Polly," Betty told them.

They exchanged a look.

~-~

Outside

(Song) Wild Thing - Azure Reverie

Outside during lunch, Valentina, Jughead, Betty and Bash sat together, talking.

"It's been months," Betty told them. "There's gotta be a reason my Mom and Dad don't want me to see Polly. But I don't care anymore."

Archie, KP, Jessica and Veronica walked up to them, sitting down.

"What are you guys talking about?" KP asked. "Anything we can help with?"

"What we're attempting is a stealth operation, KP," Jughead told her. "If we go in there with the entire Scooby Gang, forget it, we're compromised."

"Well, don't Archie and KP have to practice for the Variety Show anyways?" Jessica asked. "Thanks to a certain Jessica and Veronica-ex-machina."

Kevin sat down at their table with them.

"What do you mean?" Bash asked.

"Oh, nothing," Veronica told them sarcastically. "Just that Jessie and I had a few words with our director/host, and reminded him that he's heard both Archie and KP sing on numerous occasions."

"Even though it compromises my artistic integrity," Kevin told them.

Jessica looked at KP and Archie. "Cutting to the chase, you two have a slot if you want it."

Valentina and Jughead exchanged an amused look, eating chips.

"Playing my songs in front of you guys is one thing, but getting back on that stage by myself..." Archie trailed off, giving KP a significant look. "I'm not sure if I'm ready for that."

Jughead smirked in amusement. "Ooh, looking for a partner while looking at KP."

"KP Jones is more than willing and able, right, KP?" Valentina asked.

Jessica played along with their teasing. "She should be, Vallie. Why do you think Ronnie and I got KP a slot too, not just Archie?"

KP gave Jessica, Jughead and Valentina a sarcastic look, who all smiled in response.

"What do you say, KP?" Veronica asked. "Be the Bey to Archie's Jay?"

Everyone was looking at KP. KP and Archie looked at each other, chuckling. KP nodded in agreement. Their friends all smiled, clapping and cheering mildly.

(End of Song)

~-~

Music Room

The Pussycats were practicing in the music room.

Josie and Valerie were singing. "Oh, when the sun goes down, we light up this town."

Josie stopped singing, while Valerie continued to sing. "Let your voice get loud."

"Hold up, hold up," Josie told them. "Look, Val. You don't sing on the bridge."

"Actually, the bridge is meant to be sung by two voices," Valerie told her.

"What is up with you today, J?" Melody asked.

"What is up with you today, Mel?" Josie replied. "You're asleep at the snare drum."

"Relax," Valerie told her. "Josie, it's a Variety Show in the auditorium, not show time at the Apollo."

"Whether you are performing at Madison Square Garden or Ace Bowling Alley, you do it at 150%," Josie told them. Valerie sighed, looking away. "I'm sorry, did you want to say something to me, Valerie?"

"It's just that I don't have to deal with this diva crap when I'm working with KP and Archie," Valerie answered.

"Working with KP and Archie how?" Josie asked.

"Co-writing songs," Valerie answered.

"Unacceptable," Josie told her. "You are with the Pussycats. Or with KP and Archie. But not both."

"In that case, I quit," Valerie told them, taking off her cat ears. "I'm tired of the drama, Josie."

Josie waved bye sarcastically. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Valerie walked out of the room, leaving Josie stunned that she actually left.

~-~

Andrews Construction - Fred's Trailer

Hermione was working at her desk.

Fred walked in, taking off his helmet. "How's the, uh, first day going?"

"Um, it's your books, Fred," Hermione told him. "You only have enough in the bank to cover three more weeks of payroll."

Fred sighed, shaking his head. "I just don't want to... I--I can't let my guys go. Last time I fired someone, it was not good. I trust those guys, you know. They trust me. That's worth everything."

Hermione stood, walking closer. "Yeah, but... I mean, even putting your business at risk?"

"I'm waiting to hear on this huge bid," Fred explained. "It's a long shot, but... you know that new development where the old drive in used to be? I'm thinking that the construction could actually put me back in the black. If I knew who the buyer was, I would plead the case myself. So, I'm gonna do the next best thing. Mayor McCoy is handling all the arrangements for the buyer. So, I invited her to dinner. Figure I can try to woo her into giving me the contract. So I was thinking..." He sighed. "Maybe you could be my co-host."

Hermione nodded. "Yeah. I mean, of course. Actually, why don't we have the dinner at my place? It's nicer. No offense."

They both chuckled, noticing that Hermione put her hand on Fred's chest.

~-~

Outside

Veronica was bringing flowers for her mother, stopping outside the trailer when she looked through the window and saw Hermione and Fred making out.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Worlds Colliding (Riverdale)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Night - Andrews House - Archie's Room

Archie was practicing on his guitar. Jessica was showing him some of her art.

Archie smiled. "These are amazing, Jess."

Jessica smirked. "Thanks."

Fred knocked on the door, walking in. "Hey." Jessica showed him the art. Fred was very impressed, walking closer. "Those yours, Jess?"

"Just some things I've been working on," Jessica answered.

"We'll, they're great, Jessica," Fred told her. Jessica smiled. "I just wanted to let you know, I, uh, I bought tickets for all the guys at work to come see you in the Variety Show, Archie. Yeah, me and Hermione, we're gonna go together. With each other. I... I don't really know how to say this, and I don't want to make a too big a deal of it, but, uh..."

Jessica scratched her head awkwardly because of her thing with Veronica, looking away.

"Dad, it's okay," Archie told him. "You're good."

"Yeah?" Fred asked.

Jessica nodded. "Yeah."

Fred smiled a little. "Good. Okay. I do like her, but I don't wanna ruin anything you might have going on with Veronica, Jessica."

"I'm not sure if there is anything other than friendship, Dad," Jessica told him. "I'm trying to figure that out."

Fred nodded. "All right."

Fred left the room.

~-~

McCoy House - Living Room

Josie was talking to her mother, Mayor McCoy. "Mom, Valerie quit the Pussycats."

"Replace her," McCoy told her.

"Val writes our songs," Josie explained. "She's irreplaceable."

McCoy shook her head. "No, Josie. You're irreplaceable." She pointed at Josie, walking closer. "Everyone else is disposable. You know, maybe it's not such a bad thing to try a new voice." Josie sighed. "A different sound. You know how your father feels about pop music."

"But it's not pop music this time," Josie told her.

"Okay, well, he's catching a red eye and missing two concert dates to see you in this Variety Show," McCoy told her. "I would hate for you to let him down."

"I understand, and I won't," Josie told her.

"Good, 'cause if you do, he will somehow blame me," McCoy told her. "Find yourself a new Cat. Someone skinny and beautiful. But not more skinny and beautiful than you. And a woman of color, please. Josie, don't forget our branding."

Josie rolled her eyes, nodding in understanding. "Yeah, okay."

McCoy put her hands on Josie's cheeks. "And Josie, don't disappoint."

~-~

Lodge Apartment - Living Room

Veronica and Bash were sitting in the living room. Veronica was staring off while Bash was watching the flames in the fireplace.

Hermione walked in, putting her keys down.

Bash stood. "Are you gonna leave Dad when he gets out of jail?"

"Bash, why would you ask such a thing?" Hermione asked.

"Veronica saw you, Mom," Bash answered.

"I saw you with Fred Andrews in the trailer," Veronica told her.

Hermione sighed, walking closer. "Oh, Veronica. Honey, I am so sorry that you did. But I want you to know that we've--we've never even kissed before. Until today."

"What about Dad?" Veronica asked. "What happens when he comes home?"

Hermione took Veronica and Bash by the hands, having them sit down with her. "I'm not sure. I'm so sorry, Veronica. It just happened, Bash. And I know that this must be confusing."

Veronica nodded. "Yeah, it is. Especially with whatever is going on with me and Jessica, and now you're hooking up with her father?"

"So, what can I do to help?" Hermione asked.

"You know what, Mom?" Bash asked. "There's actually nothing."

~-~

Day Two

Morning - Riverdale High School - Student Lounge

KP was playing her guitar while she was singing with Archie. "I've got you, and you've got me / I got you, you got me."

They looked at each other as they finished, smiling.

Jessica walked closer. "That was awesome, you guys. You're gonna kill it at the Variety Show."

KP and Archie smiled. Veronica walked in to see them, looking upset.

"Veronica?" KP asked. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong, KP, is that Archie and Jessica's father kissed my mother," Veronica answered.

KP looked away awkwardly, standing. "Um, okay."

Archie sighed, standing. "No, hold on, hold on. When my Dad told me and Jessie how he felt, it seemed like they were both really into each other."

"They're married to other people," Veronica told them.

"Hey, our Mom and Dad are separated," Archie told her.

"And our Dad said that he wouldn't do anything to ruin whatever is going on between us," Jessica told her. "He won't do that to me or to you."

"I know that, Jessie," Veronica told them. "But that doesn't mean my mother won't."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" KP asked. "We can go somewhere and talk."

"Oh, do yourself a favor and stick close to the ginger Judas, KP," Veronica told her. "Who knows if he's gonna go with the next teacher he sees."

Veronica walked away.

Jessica sighed. "Veronica..."

Veronica walked out of the room.

Jessica, Archie and KP exchanged a stunned look.

~-~

Music Room

Veronica marched into the music room to talk to Melody and Josie. "Your hunt for a new Pussycat is over. I can sing, and I've got a lot of aggression that needs channeling into something positive."

(Song) OverdoZZe - ZZ Ward feat. Pell

The girls smiled at each other.

~-~

Hallway

Veronica walked down the hallways with Josie and Melody with Pussycat ears on. Everyone was watching them. They walked by Jessica, Archie, KP and Valerie. Jessica, Archie and KP were surprised. Valerie looked hurt that she had been replaced so quickly.

(End of Song)

~-~

Sisters of Quiet Mercy - Outside

Betty, Bash, Valentina and Jughead arrived to the group home, standing outside.

"Hey, don't judge a home for troubled youths by its facade, right?" Jughead asked.

Betty tightened her ponytail. They walked up to the building.

~-~

Inside - Front Desk

Betty, Valentina, Bash and Jughead stood at the front desk, talking to a woman.

"Hi, my name is Elizabeth Copper," Betty told her. "I'm here to see my sister, Polly. This is our sister-in-law, Valentina Blossom."

"May I see some identification?" the woman asked. Betty and Vallie showed her their IDs. "Sign in here, please." The woman nodded to Bash and Jughead. "They'll have to wait."

~-~

Hallway

The woman led Betty and Valentina down the hallway. "Polly's room is right this way. Though right now, it's silent reflection time, and she usually spends that time in the Garden of Deliverance."

They looked into Polly's room as they passed on their way to the garden.

~-~

Garden of Deliverance

The woman led Betty and Valentina into the garden, where they walked toward Polly.

Betty smiled. "Polly?"

Polly smiled when she saw her sister. "Betty. Oh, my God." The two sisters laughed, embracing, pulling away. Polly saw Valentina, smiling. "Valentina."

Valentina smiled a little. "Hi, Polly. It's been a while."

Polly smiled, nodding. "You found us."

Betty and Valentina looked at Polly's bloated, pregnant belly, in shock. Betty put her hand over Polly's belly, smiling.

~-~ ~-~

Valentina walked closer. "Polly, you're..." She placed her hand over Polly's belly. "With Jason's..."

Polly nodded. "Please be happy for me, Valentina."

"I am, Polly," Valentina told her.

"Me, too," Betty told her. She looked at Valentina. "We're gonna be aunts." Vallie smiled in shock. Betty and Polly laughed happily. Betty looked at her sister. "I am so sorry I didn't come sooner. I should've, but Mom and Dad, they stopped..."

Polly shook her head. "No. What did they tell you? That I was on drugs? Alcohol?"

"They said you were sick," Betty answered. "That you tried to hurt yourself."

"And they told me you didn't want to come and see me, which I knew was a lie," Polly told her.

"So, they locked you up because you're pregnant?" Valentina asked.

"It's because they couldn't control me, Vallie," Polly told her. "Mom and Dad hated that Jason and I were dating. They were thrilled when Jason dumped me. Your parents forced him to break up with me. Of course they didn't approve of a Blossom boy dating a Cooper girl."

They sat down on a bench.

Valentina rolled her eyes. "That sounds like my parents."

Polly smiled. "But when I told him about the baby, our baby, oh, he was so happy, Betty. We were gonna run away. Start our family in a beautiful place. So, on July 4th..."

~-~

Flashback

Day - Cooper House - Polly's Room

Polly had her suitcase packed, leaving her room.

Polly: (voice over) "I woke up, I packed a bag, and I went downstairs to start my new life. Just like Jason and I had planned."

~-~

Pop's

Jason was caressing Polly's cheeks, both of them smiling happily.

Polly: (voice over) "We were gonna meet on the other side of Sweetwater River."

~-~

Now

Day - Sisters of Quiet Mercy - Garden of Deliverance

Polly was sitting on the bench with Betty and Valentina, continuing the story. "But Mom and Dad found out about everything."

~-~

Flashback

Day - Cooper House - Kitchen

Polly walked downstairs, finding Hal and Alice standing with the woman that had let Betty and Vallie see Polly. Two men were standing with her.

Polly: (voice over) "When I went downstairs, there was a woman I didn't know sitting at the kitchen table drinking tea with two men behind her."

The two men started to take Polly away.

Polly: (voice over) "They threw me in the back of a van. I was screaming."

~-~

Now

Day - Sisters of Quiet Mercy - Garden of Deliverance

Polly was sitting on the bench with Betty and Valentina, telling her story. "I don't think I stopped screaming until I got here, in this place." She looked at Vallie. "Did you tell him you were coming? Does he know that I'm here?"

"Who, Polly?" Valentina asked.

"Jason, your brother," Polly answered. "I thought he sent you here with Betty. If I give him a message, will you give it to him?"

Valentina was upset at the fact that Polly didn't know what had happened to her brother. "Polly, Jason..."

Polly stood. "What does he think happened? He knows that I'm here because of Mom and Dad, right?"

Betty stood, holding her sister by her arms. "Polly, you don't understand."

"I can fix this, Betty," Polly told her. "I know I can. You two just have to help me get out of here, and then I'll go to meet him. I'll go to the car on the lost highway off of Route 40. 'Once you pass the old maple syrup sign, then you'll know you're almost there'. See, I remember. I'm packed. We're packed. We'll go to the farm just like we planned."

Betty was nearly as upset as Vallie because they had to tell her about what happened. "Polly, stop."

"What's the matter, Valentina?" Polly asked. "Betty, what's wrong with Vallie? What is it?"

Valentina took a deep breath. "Jason..."

"What?" Polly asked. "Did something happen to him? Something bad?"

"He's dead," Valentina answered.

Polly was devastated, starting to cry. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God, I knew it. He's... he's..."

Valentina looked down, taking a shaky breath. Polly wrapped her arms around Vallie, crying, but trying to comfort her at the same time. Vallie held Polly as she cried, her own eyes a little watery.

"I'm sorry," Betty told them. "I'm so sorry, Polly. Vallie..."

The woman from before walked up to them, looking at Betty and Vallie. "Come with me, young ladies. Now."

~-~

Riverdale High School - Music Room

Josie, Veronica and Melody were practicing a disco like song, while Veronica was texting on her phone.

Josie rolled her eyes, turning the music off. "Um, sorry, Duchess. Is our practice interrupting your texting?"

Veronica stuttered slightly. "I'm just--I'm just stressed out about..."

"Poor little rich girl," Josie told her mockingly. "What do you have to be stressed out about? We're doing a cover of a disco song, and my Dad is skipping Jazz Fest to hear it."

"Okay, well, I'm sorry you have Daddy issues, but at least your father can be in the same room with you," Veronica told her. "Bash and I haven't seen our Dad in three months because he's in jail. And our Mom is..." She sighed. "You know what? It doesn't matter. You don't care, and it's not important."

Josie stepped closer. "Veronica, I'm sorry about your Dad."

Veronica managed a small smile. "Thanks."

~-~

Andrews House - Garage

Archie and KP were practicing their song, while Archie was playing guitar, and KP was playing keyboard.

Archie was singing. "I'm trying / Though, I'm turning the page."

KP started singing. "We're animals breaking out of our cage."

They sang together. "There's nobody, no one, no way, who gets me like you do."

KP did an impressive keyboard solo.

Archie smiled. "Are you gonna do that on the day? Because that was awesome."

KP smiled, chuckling. "Just trying to find ways to differentiate."

"Differentiate?" Archie repeated in amusement.

"You know, the Pussycats helped me find a voice, but I don't want to be like them," KP explained. "You know, everyone has to have their own flow. We just have to try to find out what our own is. Not just me, but you, too. And how they can work together."

Archie chuckled. "I'm in over my head, but you seem to know exactly what you want." They both smiled, starting to play again. "All right, here we go."

~-~

Sisters of Quiet Mercy - Office

Betty and Valentina were standing in an office, trying to get signals on their phones.

Alice walked in.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Betty asked.

"I pay the sisters good money," Alice told them. "You think they don't notify me if Polly gets two visitors? And sister-in-law, Valentina, really?"

"We would've been if their engagement went through," Valentina replied.

Alice gave Valentina a cold glare.

~-~

Hallway

Valentina, Betty and Alice walked down the hallway, followed by Jughead and Bash, as they headed for the exit.

Polly walked into the hallway. "Mom?"

"Polly..." Alice trailed off.

"Jason's dead, and you didn't tell me?" Polly asked incredulously. "And you kept me in here?"

Two men ran closer.

"Baby, it's for your own good," Alice told her.

"Oh, you always say that, and it's not true," Polly told her as the two men started to drag her away. "No, Betty!"

Valentina tried to help Polly, but another man held her back, along with two men holding Jughead and Bash back.

Betty ran to embrace Polly before they took her away. "I'm gonna get you out of here, I swear to God. I love you, Polly."

Alice pulled Betty away from Polly.

Polly struggled as the men took her away. "No!"

The men holding Vallie, Jughead and Bash back let them go.

Valentina and Betty were both emotional after their talk with Polly today and what they learned and what had just happened.

~-~ ~-~

Night - Lodge Apartment - Living Room

(Song) From a New Distance - Shim

Hermione, the Andrews and the McCoys were sitting at dinner, her father Myles with them.

"So, Myles, you being a professional jazz man, you must be living your dream, right?" Fred asked.

"Well, yes and no," Myles answered. "The real struggle is always art versus commerce."

Fred nodded. "You know, I've never really been about the big paycheck."

"But if we're talking about the future and long-term security, it can't always be about following your bliss," McCoy told them.

"Personally, I'm just excited to see my daughter perform with the Pussycats at the Variety Show," Hermione admitted.

Josie smiled. "Oh, yeah."

"I beg your pardon?" Myles asked. "When were you gonna tell me about this?"

"It just happened, Dad, and she's--she's really, really good," Josie told him. "And Val quit. Or should I say we were Yoko Ono'd?"

"Really?" Myles asked.

"Yeah," Josie answered.

"That's unfortunate," Myles told her. "She was the real deal. Gave your act some much-needed integrity."

"Well, I figure as long as the kids are having fun, that's the point, right?" Fred asked.

"Except it's more than just about being fun for us," Myles answered. "Isn't it, Josephine?"

"Josephine?" Jessica repeated. "I didn't know that was your real name."

"After Josephine Baker," Myles explained. "You have no idea who that is, do you?"

Josie rolled her eyes a little.

"Fred, you wanna get started on that presentation?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah," Fred answered.

Archie sighed.

(End of Song)

~-~

Cooper House - Betty's Room

Betty was arguing with Hal and Alice, sitting on her bed. "Polly needed to hear the truth. And Vallie and I did, too."

"So?" Hal asked. "Did you find what you were looking for?"

"To be honest, Dad, no, we didn't," Betty answered. "You hate the Blossoms. You hate Valentina, you hated Jason, and now Polly is pregnant with his baby. That gives you a motive."

"A motive?" Hal repeated. "A motive for what?"

"The night of the drive in, did you break into Sheriff Keller's house and steal his case files?" Betty asked.

"What?" Hal asked.

"You weren't at the drive in," Betty told him. "You weren't with Mom when she put Ms. Grundy on trial. Where were you?"

"Betty, what do you think I did?" Hal asked.

Betty hesitated for a moment. "Did you kill Jason Blossom?"

Alice appeared to be crying, when in reality, she was actually laughing. "Him? You think that he killed Jason? Your father?" She chuckled, standing. "You think that he has the stomach for that?"

"Alice..." Hal trailed off.

Alice ignored him, looking at Betty. "I wish he'd killed Jason. I wish I had after what Jason did to Polly. I swear, Elizabeth, you're sounding crazy, just like your sister."

Betty stood. "Stop saying that, Mom. She's not crazy."

"She is, Betty," Hal told her. Betty rolled her eyes, scoffing, sitting down. "Okay, she is depressed and delusional. Did you actually believe the story she told you and Valentina? About running off to Never-Never Land and raising a family? That's a fantasy, Betty."

"I don't believe you," Betty told them.

"You don't have to believe us," Alice told her. "We're your parents."

Hal and Alice walked out of the room. Betty laid back on her bed, wiping away tears.

~-~

Lodge Apartment - Living Room

Fred was showing his presentation to the dinner party. "And with the labor force coming from Riverdale, Andrews Construction would be stimulating the local economy. It's a win for the entire town. That's it in a nutshell."

"Well, after all that salt of the earth talk, I didn't expect you to be another dollar chasing gentrifier," Myles told him.

The others gave him a look.

"Myles, Fred Andrews is a working man who lives in the real world," McCoy told him, standing. "I think Fred's bid was refreshing. In fact, I'd like to award him the contract. I'd like to, Fred, but the buyer's already in the process of accepting another bid. It would take two shareholder signatures to stop the process."

Fred sighed, nodding in understanding.

~-~

Pop's

(Song) Courtesy of - Running Touch

Jessica and Veronica were sitting at a table, eating.

"Look, I'm sorry for going off on your brother and KP like that, Jessie," Veronica told her. "I'm sorry if you were hurt by it. I just..."

"Everything with Bash and your parents," Jessica finished. "I know, Ronnie, and I get it. I do. When I found out about our parents, I was pretty messed up about it too, because I knew it could ruin us. Whatever this is we have between us."

Veronica nodded. "Right. Me too. I don't even know what this is between us. I was also messed up about it because of my parents, and Bash knows, but he doesn't seem to care as much as I do."

"That's because Bash is just worried about what it means for your guys' parents," Jessica told her. "He doesn't know what's going on between us or our parents' potential to ruin that. But the question remains. Are you and Bash gonna tell your Dad?"

Veronica sighed. "Jessie, the only thing that keeps me going right now is the thougt of how, when he gets out of jail, we can all be together again. And we can go back to the way things were. And if Bash or I tell our Dad about our Mom, that just all goes away."

"Maybe, maybe not," Jessica told her.

"You don't know my father..." Veronica trailed off.

"Yeah, but I know dysfunctional families," Jessica told her, chuckling. "I'm not saying that what your Mom's doing is right, but maybe there's another side to the story. Maybe one worth hearing. Now, my Dad isn't with my Mom like your parents are together. My parents are separated, so they're not risking ruining a marriage that is already ruined. But maybe you and Bash should talk to your Mom about your Dad to try and save their marriage so it doesn't become like the marriage my parents have."

Veronica considered this seriously, nodding. They both smiled.

"Well, I can tell you this, Jessica Andrews," Veronica told her. "Whatever happens with our parents, it's not gonna ruin whatever it is we have here." Jessica smiled. "So I've apologized to you. Now I gotta apologize to KP and Archie."

Jessica smirked. "Yeah."

Veronica and Jessica clinked their milkshakes, drinking, looking at each other with smiles.

(End of Song)

~-~

Andrews House - Archie's Room

Archie and Fred were sitting, talking.

"Dad, if I tank at the Variety Show, would you..." Archie trailed off.

"Would I be mad?" Fred finished. "Son, whatever happens at that show, or any show, whether you go up there and kill it or you bomb like electric Dylan at a folk concert..."

Archie frowned in confusion. "I'm not sure who that is."

Fred chuckled. "I would still love you, okay? Support you. You and Jessica." Archie smiled. "I'd be proud of the fact that you were brave enough to go after something that you care about."

~-~

Day Three

Morning - Lodge Apartment - Living Room

Bash was getting ready to leave. Veronica was looking at her outfit for the Variety Show. Hermione was getting coffee.

"I can't wait to see your debut as a Pussycat, Ronnie," Bash told her. "Will I actually get to see you claw out someone's eyes this time?"

"Ha, ha, Bash," Veronica told him sarcastically.

Bash smiled, looking at Hermione. "Mom, I've been thinking..."

"Meanwhile, I was wondering if one of you could help me with something," Hermione told them, showing them a file.

"Are those divorce papers?" Bash asked.

Hermione chuckled. "No." Veronica sighed in relief. "Bash, it's a motion. To award the construction contract on your father's land to Fred Andrews. I know you're not his biggest fans right now, but I was hoping one of you would sign it."

"Why would we need to sign it?" Bash asked.

Hermione walked closer. "When your father was arrested, we made both of you a legal officer of Lodge Industries. Surprise. And two out of four signatures are needed to award the contract, which your father wants to give to a less than legit outfit."

"And you want our help giving it to your boyfriend?" Veronica asked. "I was gonna apologize to you. If I sign that, will you stop seeing Fred Andrews?"

"Ronnie, she works with the guy," Bash told her sarcastically. "How is that possible?"

"Romantically, Bash, and you knew that's what I meant, so stop being a smartass," Veronica told him. "Actually, that's probably impossible for you." Bash chuckled. "Mom, will you stop seeing him romantically? Not just for me and Bash, but for me and Jessica? I know you don't care about me and Jess like Bash does, or like Fred does, but please."

"I can't agree to that," Hermione told them.

"In that case, Mom, I'm sorry, but no," Veronica told her, walking out of the apartment.

Bash sighed, looking at Hermione. "However you're rationalizing what you're doing with Archie and Jessica's Dad, I don't want any part of it. I'm not gonna be a dick about it like Ronnie's being a bitch about it, but I don't want to be involved in it, either. And Ronnie has an excuse for acting the way she does because of her and Jessica. Maybe you should think about that."

Hermione sighed. "Bash..."

Bash walked out of the apartment.

Hermione went ahead and put Bash's signature as Sebastian Lodge on the paperwork anyway.

~-~ ~-~

Riverdale High School - Music Room

(Song) Lost - Emily Afton

KP was playing her guitar.

Archie was watching from the doorway, leaning against the frame. "It's so perfect when you play it."

KP looked up, smiling. "We wrote a good song, Archie."

Archie walked closer. "I can't wait to sing it with you in public."

KP chuckled, standing. "You should know that I told Valerie why Josie was being Catzilla lately, because her Dad's in town. Convinced Val that she was miserable without the Pussycats and got her to go back to them."

"So you're the girl that reunited the Beatles?" Archie asked teasingly.

KP laughed. "Maybe. Now I just have to find a way to make up with Veronica. She may have taken out her frustration on me and you because of what happened between your and Jessica's Dad and her Mom, but I'm betting that we can end the feud between us, at least. Especially since, you know, I help cowrite the songs for the band that she's in."

Archie smiled, chuckling. "Yeah. Good luck with that. Come on, let's practice."

They both smiled.

~-~

Cooper House - Betty's Room

Bash climbed the side of the ladder on the Cooper House to get up to Betty's room, tapping on the window.

Betty smiled, walking toward the window, opening it.

"Hey, there, Juliet," Bash told her. "Nurse off duty?" He climbed into the room. "You haven't gone full 'Yellow Wallpaper' on me yet, have you?"

Betty sighed. "They're crazy. My parents say that Vallie and her family's crazy, but they are just as crazy."

"They're parents," Bash pointed out. "They're all crazy."

Betty was pacing. "No, but what if... what if Polly is, too? The way she was talking to me and Valentina, the way she looked at us... and now, all I can think is, 'Maybe I'm crazy like they are'."

Bash placed his hands on her shoulders. "Hey." Betty sighed. "We're all crazy. We're not our parents, Betty. We're not our families. If we were, I would be a criminal mastermind like my parents. And Valentina would be a psychotic monster like hers. If Jughead and KP were like their parents, they would be no shows, or worse. You're not the only one with crazy parents. Or sisters, for that matter. Have you seen my sister Veronica, or Vallie's? Even Jughead's. KP might not be crazy, but she's a badass. Same with Archie's sister with Jessica." Betty smiled, laughing, sighing. "Also..."

"What?" Betty asked. "What, Bash?" Bash placed a hand on either of her cheeks, leaning closer to kiss her for a long moment, calming her down. Betty returned the kiss in kind, surprised but happy. After she was calm, she had a sense of clarity now that she could think straight. "The car."

Bash smirked, chuckling. "Wow. That's what you're thinking about in the middle of our moment?"

Betty chuckled, starting to pace as Bash watched her in amusement. "No. Polly talked about a car Jason had stashed for them down Route 40 near some sign. If we can find it, we can confirm Polly's story."

Bash nodded in agreement. "One way or another."

"I need to know, Bash," Betty told him. "But Veronica is playing in the show tonight. If you want to be there for her, I can bring Vallie with me."

Bash sighed. "So many things going on it's hard to choose what to do. I got an idea, us, Vallie and Jug go together, and then get to the school."

Betty smiled, nodding. "Yeah."

(End of Song)

~-~

Night - Woods

Jughead, Valentina, Betty and Bash were making their way through the woods, looking for the car, passing by the maple sign, finding the car in the woods, running closer, opening the trunk, going through it.

Valentina found Jason's football jacket, holding it. "Oh, my God." She found bags. "What are those?"

Jughead picked up the bags. "Drugs, Vallie."

"Wait, Jughead, put the drugs down, Valentina, put the jacket down," Betty told them. "This is evidence. This is all evidence."

Jughead and Valentina put the things back.

"Crap," Jughead told them. "This whole car is a crime scene."

Valentina took a picture of everything with her phone. "Okay. We need to get Sheriff Keller and then we need to get Polly."

Someone appeared to be watching them.

~-~

Riverdale High School - Auditorium

As people were starting to come in, Kevin spoke through a mic on stage. "Hello, Riverdale High, and welcome to the 75th annual Variety Show."

Everyone applauded.

~-~

Backstage

Josie was getting ready at a mirror.

Valerie was talking to her. "Why didn't you tell me your Dad was coming?"

"Would it have made a difference?" Josie asked.

"Um, yes," Valerie answered.

Josie sighed. "You know I filled your spot, Val."

"Yes, and I also know the new girl may be pretty, but no way does her voice blend with yours like mine does," Valerie told her.

Josie sighed, standing, turning to face her. "I suppose." They smiled. "There's always room for one more kitty in my litter box."

"But Josie, every now and then, I want to sing lead," Valerie told her.

"Co-lead, and only on the bridge," Josie told her.

"Fine," Valerie told her.

"I have this killer arrangement of Ms. Donna Summer's 'I Feel Love', if you're up for that tonight," Josie told her.

"I so am," Valerie answered.

They smiled, laughing.

Josie put Valerie's cat ears on her head. "All right, girl. Go get changed, 'cause we're gonna rock it." They did a handshake, smiling. "Aw, come here."

They embraced.

~-~

Stage

Betty, Bash, Valentina and Jughead were just getting here.

Josie, Veronica, Valerie and Melody were doing their song, wearing leotards with cat ears and tails. While Veronica and Valerie were singing backup, Josie was singing lead. "It's so good, it's so good / It's so good, it's so good / It's so good." Jessica was in the crowd, watching Veronica sing and have fun. Veronica returned Jessica's gaze as she was singing, seeming to be singing just for her. Jessica and Veronica smiled. While everyone was enjoying the song, Myles was unimpressed, almost bored. "Heaven knows, heaven knows / Heaven knows, heaven knows / Heaven knows."

The Pussycats sang together. "Ooh, I feel love, I feel love / I feel love, I feel love / I feel love." Archie and KP were standing to the side of the stage behind the curtain, watching. "I feel love, I feel love / I feel love, I feel love / I feel love."

Josie saw that her father was not impressed, upset. Myles stood, walking away. McCoy tried to stop him, but he left. Josie looked as if she was trying not to cry, continuing on with the song till its end, turning her back to the crowd, raising her arm over her head.

Everyone else stood and applauded, cheering. Josie turned to face the crowd, a little cheered up, smiling. The Pussycats walked offstage.

Kevin spoke to the crowd. "That was Josie and the Pussycats! Long tails and ears for hats."

Once Veronica was on side stage, Jessica walked up to her. "You guys killed it, Ronnie."

Veronica smiled, embracing Jessica. "Thanks, Jessie."

Jessica and Veronica turned to see KP and Archie were getting ready, exchanging a look, nodding, walking toward them.

"Hey, KP," Jessica told her. "Archie. You guys are gonna kill it. I know you will. Veronica has something to say to you."

Veronica nodded in agreement. "Okay, so this is my 'mea culpa' moment. I was angry at my Mom and I took it out on you. I'm sorry, and I shouldn't have."

"Truer words could not have been spoken," KP told her teasingly. They chuckled. "You holding up?"

Veronica shrugged. "Honestly, I'm hanging on by my whiskers. But Jess is really helping me. You?"

"The prospect of total humiliation in front of this entire town is terrifying," Archie admitted.

KP fixed Archie's tie. "Well, if you freeze out there, Red Troubadour, just focus on something that makes you feel safe."

They smiled.

Veronica and Jessica smirked knowingly, walking away.

They heard Kevin introducing them. "Here's Archie Andrews and KP Jones!"

Archie and KP went out to the stage, sitting down. KP sat at the keyboard, while Archie readied his guitar.

"Archie, stick to football!" Reggie called from the crowd. "Stay a loner, KP!"

The jocks in the crowd chuckled.

Archie saw the bulldogs masks on the jocks, shaking off the vision, looking toward KP instead. KP nodded, smiling reassuringly. They both started to play and sing I Got You like they practiced. "I get a little bit overwhelmed, but I find you when I need you most / You are the compass that I've always held, because around you I can be myself." Veronica was recording them on her phone. Jughead and Valentina smiled. "Ooh, ooh, ooh, ah, ah, ah."

Archie sang alone. "I'm trying now, I'm turning that page."

KP sang alone. "'Cause we're animals, breaking out of our cage."

Betty and Bash nodded.

Bash looked at Jughead and Valentina. "You guys stay here for them. Betty and I can find Keller."

Jughead and Valentina nodded in thanks.

Archie and KP sang together. "There's nobody, no one, no way, who gets me like you do / And I know it ain't gonna change, you'll always pull me through / We're as wild as we can be, I've got you, and you've got me / I got you, you got me."

Jughead looked at Vallie. "Let me guess. You gave her the outfit."

"What gave you the first clue?" Valentina asked sarcastically. "She had to look nice for her big show, even if she's still in black."

"Like you," Jughead replied.

They both smiled, chuckling, listening to the song while smiling at each other.

~-~

Hallway

Betty and Bash walked into the hallway, looking for Sheriff Keller, while listening to KP and Archie through intercom in the ceiling. "We grew tall in the same small town / Stealing shopping carts that we'd race around / Late at night looking at the stars / Carrying moon beams home in a mason jar."

Betty found the Sheriff. "Sheriff Keller."

"I got your text," Sheriff told them. "What is it?"

Betty showed him the pictures they had taken of the car. "Look, it's Jason's jacket."

"Where'd you get that?" Sheriff asked.

"In the trunk of car with a bunch of his other stuff," Bash answered. "Jason was running away with Polly."

"Where's the car?" Sheriff asked.

Betty and Bash both sighed, listening to KP and Archie a moment longer before they had to leave to show Sheriff where the car was, hearing Archie. "I'm ready now, I'm turning that page."

They heard KP. "We're animals, breaking out of our cage."

They heard them sing together. "There's nobody, no one, no way, who gets me like you do / And I know it ain't gonna change, you'll always pull me through / We're as wild as we can be, I've got you and you've got me / I got you, you got me."

~-~

Auditorium

KP and Archie continued their song.

Archie sang alone. "Moving up, moving on."

KP sang alone. "Headlights go till the dawn."

They sang together. "We're future kings and riot queens."

Fred and Jessica both watched with a smile.

Archie sang alone. "Oh, we're turning up, turning on."

KP sang alone. "Nothing's right when you're gone."

They sang together. "We're future kings and riot queens."

Veronica was still filming them on her phone, sitting next to Jessica, who were both smiling as they watched Veronica's phone record them. They looked at each other breathlessly, smiling.

KP sang alone. "And nobody, no one, no way."

Archie sang alone. "Nobody, no one, no way."

KP sang alone. "And I know it ain't gonna change."

Valentina and Jughead looked at each other as they listened to the song, both proud of them, smiling.

KP and Archie looked at each other as they sang he finish of the song together, both smiling. "There's nobody, no one, no way, who gets me like you do / And I know it ain't gonna change, you'll always pull me through / We're as wild as we can be, I've got you and you've got me / I got you, you got me."

KP played the showy solo on the keyboard while Archie played a few notes on the guitar. When they ended the song, everyone stood, cheering and applauding, but no one was applauding or cheering louder than Vallie, Jughead, Jessica and Fred. KP and Archie smiled, standing, taking a bow.

~-~ ~-~

Hallway

KP and Archie walked out into the hallway, while everyone was congratulating them. They walked along alone for a moment, embracing at their accomplishment, smiling, pulling away. They looked at each other for a long moment. Archie placed a hand on her cheek, kissing her sweetly and passionately. KP returned the kiss, until they pulled away.

KP smiled. "I knew things would happen as they would."

They both chuckled, turning to see Jessica, Jughead and Valentina walking closer.

"We don't mean to interrupt," Jughead told them sarcastically.

Archie nodded sarcastically.

Valentina smiled, whispering to KP. "Finally."

"No kidding," Jessica agreed. "This is even better than I thought it would be."

"Shut up," KP told them.

Valentina chuckled. "Come here." KP, Jessica and Vallie embraced, smiling. "That was amazing. Get it, girl. Not just the song, either."

KP scoffed a laugh, pushing Jessica and Vallie lightly, rolling her eyes. "Okay."

Jessica and Archie embraced.

Jessica whispered to her brother teasingly. "About time you opened your eyes and saw what was right in front of you."

Archie pushed Jessica lightly in a teasing brother way. "Shut up, Jess."

Jughead laughed. "Awesome job, KP."

"Are you gonna hug?" Archie asked sarcastically.

Jughead and KP smiled, hugging, pulling away.

Veronica was watching them from down the hall, seeing it all, smiling happily. She saw Hermione and Fred talking down the hall, walking toward them. "Hi, Mom. Hi, Mr. Andrews."

"Hey," Fred told her.

"What's going on?" Veronica asked.

Fred sighed. "Well, I was just, um, telling your mother... you know that So Dale contract? It was awarded to Andrews Construction. The buyer, whoever they are, they approved us. Thanks to my lucky charm."

Fred gave Hermione a hug, but Hermione was looking at her daughter with a look that told Veronica to remain quiet.

"Congratulations, Mr. Andrews," Veronica told him. "Looks like you won. Excuse me."

Veronica turned around, walking away coldly.

Valentina: (voice over) "Here's the thing about fear. It's always there."

~-~

Girls' Bathroom

Josie was in the bathroom, looking at her reflection in the mirror sadly. McCoy walked toward her.

Valentina: (voice over) "Fear of the unknown, fear of facing it alone..."

Josie was crying because of her father leaving during her show. McCoy gave her daughter a hug.

Valentina: (voice over) "Fear that those closest to you are the monsters."

~-~

Woods

In the pouring rain, Sheriff and another deputy came upon the car that Betty, Bash, Valentina and Jughead had found. They saw that the car was on fire, burning whatever evidence they could have found.

Valentina: (voice over) "Fear that as soon as you slay one, there's another monster waiting to take its place."

~-~

Sisters of Quiet Mercy - Hallway

Bash and Betty were making their way toward Polly's room.

Jughead: (voice over) "Fear that there's one more boogeyman waiting at the end of the dark hall."

They looked into the room, but the window was shattered, with blood on it, and Polly was nowhere to be seen.

Betty walked toward the window worriedly. "Polly?"

Bash followed Betty, in shock.

Jughead: (voice over) "She was out there. Alone, bereft, unmoored. Where was she going? And what would she do next?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

392K 18.2K 35
── ❛𝘞𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘻𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘻𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘪𝘤𝘦❜ 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙤...
19.2K 308 18
All rights go the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. heartofice97: Alex and Liv Gilbert...
49.4K 910 37
no longer updating
122K 1.1K 24
[ENDED] ⌗ 𝗥𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗗𝗔𝗟𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗧 𝗜𝗠𝗔𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗦 𝙍𝙄𝙑𝙀𝙍𝘿𝘼𝙇𝙀 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙍𝘼𝘾𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙎 - 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 - 𝘫𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 - 𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘦 ...