A Lycan Fit For A Luna

By madisonrae19

Phoebe Johnson is the daughter of the Moon Goddess Artemis, and has a human father. Living on Earth as a Demi... More

Introduction and Cast
Prologue #1: The Beginning
Prolouge #2: The First Materialisation
Prologue #3: The History Lesson
Chapter 1: My Dad's Final Decision
Chapter 2: Waving Goodbye
Chapter 3: Lupine Peak
Chapter 4: The Furry Boyfriend
Chapter 5: The New School
Chapter 6: Making Friends
Chapter 7: The Royal Bitch
Chapter 8: The Mating and Alpha
Chapter 9: The First Encounter
Chapter 10: The Disgraceful A-Hole
Chapter 11: The Rambunctious Playboy
Chapter 12: The First Attack
Chapter 13: The Lycan Invite
Chapter 14: The Owner of the Palace
Chapter 15 - The First Shift
Chapter 16 - The Heart-Warming Surprise
Chapter 17 - A Heated Moment with a Baby Lover
Chapter 18 - The Beginning of a Realisation and Visitors in the Wood
Chapter 19 - My Prince in Shining... Lycan?
Chapter 20 - My Very Own Delicious Personal Trainer
Chapter 21 - A Workout, a Party, a Kiss
Chapter 22 - A Visitor from the Palace
Chapter 23 - A Threat that Requires a Bodyguard
Chapter 24 - Talks that Destroy the Soul
Chapter 25 - The Attack
Chapter 27 - A Helping Hand and a Declaration
Chapter 28 - Intoxicating Feelings and Kisses
Chapter 29 - His Erasthai
Chapter 30 - Goodbye's
Chapter 31 - The Unwilling Owner of My Heart
Chapter 32 - The Last Day
Chapter 33 - Stuck Between Two Pathways
Chapter 34 - Taken
Chapter 35 - The Chosen Pathway
Chapter 36 - Interrogation and a Child
Chapter 37 - Searching for Her
Chapter 38 - The Rescue
Chapter 39 - Awakened to Pain
Chapter 40 - Finding Out the Truth
Chapter 41 - Choosing Each Other
Chapter 42 - Becoming One
Chapter 43 - Transforming Into The Luna
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1 - A Naughty Halloween
Bonus Chapter 2 - Meeting The Parents
Bonus Chapter 3 - Derek Kensington-Wield
MY OTHER BOOKS!

Chapter 26 - Fighting for Family

20.3K 819 79
By madisonrae19

Power is intoxicating. There is no doubt about it. Just the feeling of a vast amount of power encompassing you is so empowering and hallucinogenic, it is no wonder that some people start to crave the feeling, becoming more and more greedy and corruptive with each passing moment. You just have to be strong enough to say enough is enough.

Almost instantaneously after I cried out for help from my mother in my mind, the moon began to glow blindingly, like a white version of the sun, then it's silvery, shimmering rays shot out like a beam, and penetrated into my body. I daren't breathe, as I feel the power swirl into me, gushing with the force of a tidal wave. It does not hurt, but it is safe to say it is a really peculiar feeling! Looking down I almost freak out at the way my entire body is glowing a ghostly white, but I know that my mother would not do anything to hurt me. In fact, I feel stronger and more powerful then before. All of a sudden the rays stop, like a light switch was turned off, but the moon still glows ethereally against the black night's sky decorated with blinking fairy lights, reassuring me that I am not alone.

Taking a deep breath, I step out into the line of four rogues, sent out to search the area, already looking disturbed by the moons unusual behaviour, but absolutely terrified when they see me. Their eyes widen in horror, and even from the distance I am standing away from them, I can see my white silhouette in the dilated pupils of their eyes. Not giving them the chance to scream or warn the others, with the stealth of an experienced assassin I lurch forward, impaling two through the lung with a perforated branch I rip from a tree, and efficiently snap the necks of the other two. Woah... where did that come from? My mother must have gifted me with the skill set and knowledge of an adroit warrior, as I know exactly what to do, and how to kill someone in the quietest, most efficient way. I don't stop to think about how disturbing this all is.

I am closer then ever to the clearing, the fire still raging in a red and orange ball of wrath, with plumes of grey buffeting up into the night sky, helpfully assisting in covering some of my scent up. But I know it won't last long. Seeing Alex so close to the boundary of breaking is really heart breaking, and I know the only reason he is holding onto the last thread of his humanity is to keep his baby sister safe. Jordan is in a similar situation, perhaps even worse as he is visibly shaking, tufts of hair sprouting from different parts of his body as he truly is between forms right now. His mate is in danger, and his lycan will stop at nothing to destroy those who want to harm her. Knowing that neither of them will be able to hold onto their humanity for much longer, and conscious of the fact that Brad is passed out on the floor, I take a deep breath and stalk out towards the clearing.

Whispers of worry reach my ears as I manoeuvre myself through the trees, the leaves feeling like wet dog's tongues scraping against my skin. I don't run, I don't rush; I simply stalk towards my prey. Different rogues are murmuring amongst themselves, including Jacinda who calls out a shrill 'who's there'. There is no doubt that they know I am coming now. The anticipation of the horror and petrified looks on the rogues faces feeds my excitement, and I let a blood-curdling grin creep onto my face, as I think about the kills I am about to make. There is nothing sweeter then revenge; it is like a balm to a tortured soul.

Pushing the final branch out of my way, looking like a weathered, elongated finger, I step out into the clearing and take note of the gasps of trepidation and shock from all around me. There are about thirty rogues, twelve already shifted, and others standing around my pack taunting them with silver darts and bullets. Each rogue looks worse then the last, and most have advanced technology that rogues simply shouldn't have access to. Jacinda probably supplied them with the goods, which makes me growl in anger at the treacherous traitor.

"What are you?" One girl asks in fear.

"It's the moon goddess! She's come to kill us! Run!" Someone else yells, panicking.

With this declaration of information, many of the cowardly rogue's shuffle and murmur in terror, before scampering off into the forest. I feel the urge to chase after them and rip them apart in the justice they deserve for hurting my pack, but I have to focus on what's important- my family; get them out of here and then I can hunt for the others.

"No! What are you doing? Get back here you fools!" Jacinda yells, but as she is no alpha and they are rogues; they don't feel the compulsion to listen to her and instead carry on running away.

Cowards. I will enjoy hunting every single one of them down.

"What are you standing around for? Attack!" Jacinda screams, obviously unsettled.

Four braver rogues take a step towards me, but before they can even think about striking, I am on them. I pounce forward before slamming my fist into the first one, sending his throat to the back of his neck, whilst elbowing a man to my left in the stomach, before bringing his head down into my knee, effectively slicing his head open. I then pull the closest man towards me, snapping his arm like a twig, making him let out a yelp of pain, before I then head butt him so ferociously his skull cracks in, and he goes limp in my arms. The fourth, a courageous shifted rogue pounces on me from behind, sending me to the floor, his claws digging into my skin, but before he can do any more damage, my arm shoots out with strength I did not know I possessed, and grabs him round the throat, throwing him into three more rogues attempting to sneak up on me. Quickly surveying the area, I notice that many more rogues have left, and Jacinda is looking absolutely horrified. Good – you are next bitch. The three rogues guarding Lucian and Sapphire have left their posts, leaving them exposed. I do not know how I do it... but I think how much I want to free them... and their chains pop off with a satisfying hiss, allowing them to breathe easily.

I then make haste on the eight were's surrounding me, each snarling with anger, but terror dancing like the smoky fumes from the fire in their eyes. Within two minutes, I manage to incapacitate them all, only receiving a few bite marks and a splashing of blood myself. Turning around, I come face to face with my prize. Jacinda.

"Phoebe? What the fvck... I though you were a human!" Jacinda gasps as she gets a good look at me.

"Jokes on you bitch!" I snarl before lurching forward.

Quickly darting my eyes around to assess the situation, I take note of the fact that there are three rogues left guarding Alex, Vincent and Jordan, all looking very shocked, one still with his knife around Ana's neck. Another man is standing just into the distance, covered by the trees, the same older creepy man who said he wanted to experiment on me last Wednesday, surveying the scene with interest. Doesn't he care that most of his allies have been mercilessly killed?

Getting my head back into the moment, I hit out at Jacinda, aiming for her chest, but I'm surprised when she expeditiously blocks my attack and punches me right in the face. Bloody hell! I counter her attack by head-butting her, causing her to stumble back, and then do a round house kick to her stomach, making her land in a heap on the floor. She spits out some blood, the sharp tang mixing in with the choking smoke assaulting my senses, but I simply rub my streaming eyes and launch towards her as she tries to get up, slamming her head back onto the ground, cracking the earth under the force. She grabs my arms, keeping me attached to her, before slowly piercing her nails into me, causing trickles of my blood and an ear-shattering howl to escape me, whilst she gives me a wolfish grin. She is certainly harder to take down then the feeble rogues, and I am afraid I rather underestimated her. Not willing to give up, I drive my foot repeatedly into her body, hearing the satisfying crunch of bones breaking as she screams in pain and throws me off of her, her knife like claws ripping out of me unexpectedly, causing spurts of blood to erupt from the wounds.

Knowing that I cannot let Jacinda get the best of me, I try to swallow my pain and shakily stand up, my arms burning like hell fire. She is also looking weaker, but still has the full use of her arms, which is a disadvantage to me.

"What the hell are you?" Jacinda growls, slightly hunched over due to the broken ribs I delivered to her.

"Your worst nightmare." I quip back, immediately regretting it because of the high cringe factor of my words before going in to end her.

The only way you can kill a lycan is to rip them apart or snap their neck and rip their spine out. Both methods are distressingly... messy, but they are the only ways to fully kill a lycan. Werewolves can die from high doses of silver, but Lycans will just deteriorate until they are in a coma-like trance. Charging towards Jacinda, I punch her in the ribs and knee her in the groin area, but after letting out an 'oof' of surprise, she wraps her talons around my neck and forces me brutally to the ground, my head hitting an exposed tree root on the way. She tightens her grip, cutting off all of my air supply, as I gasp for breath. The pressure on my neck is astronomical, and I begin to flail in panic, kicking and punching trying to escape her ironclad grip, but to no success. I can't do this. I'm not strong enough. I've failed.

I feel myself getting weaker and weaker with every thought, my eyes bulging and watering in my head. It feels like someone has lit a fire in my lungs, which is slowly burning its way through me, killing whatever fight is left in my weakened body. Looking away from Jacinda's beautiful face turned ugly scowl, I see the twisted and warped shapes of the stars twinkling against the pitch-black curtain draped over the sky, and I feel peaceful. If this is how I end, it's going to be remembering the stars and people I love.

It happens almost instantaneously. Sapphire, having gained enough strength to move shoots the trembling rogue holding a knife to Ana's throat, causing him to collapse and consequently free Ana. She then pounces on the Were, ending him swiftly. With Ana safe, I watch as Alex snaps, trampling on the remaining rogues, before Jacinda's weight on me is gone. I cough and gasp for air, everything burning as I suck in as much air as possible. Vincent rushes to me, making sure I'll live, but cautious about touching me as I am still glowing supernaturally. I try to sit up, only to collapse, and then turn my attention to Alex and Jacinda, straining my neck to do so. With my ears ringing, I watch as Alex thwacks Jacinda into a tree, making me wince as her back snaps, before he releases his rage on her, effortlessly ripping one of her arms off as if she is a rag doll, before slamming her repeatedly into the ground. I am still rasping for breath, but I feel like I've stopped breathing when Alex repeatedly punches her face in, blowing her brains apart.

There is no way anyone can survive the rage of an Alpha Lycan.

Knowing that I have completed my mission, and although weak, everyone is safe, I collapse into myself, feeling the power leave my body as I succumb to the alluring darkness, absolutely drained of energy.

Hiiiii!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! I'm really loving writing this story!! I hope you guys are too, let me know!!

Love you all xoxoxoxoxxo

Edited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 4.8K 38
Book #1 of the Alpha tetralogy. Can be read as a STAND-ALONE. •-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-• Alpha Dellilio Rupen, the deadly Lycan wolf...
63.5K 4K 42
Secrets...in every family,friendship and relationship exists some kind of secret. They always find a way to exist,to manipulate and control someone's...
207K 6.7K 32
Jessamine was content in her busy, no nonsense life, when suddenly she finds herself kidnapped by the hottest son of a bitch she's ever seen. She fee...
6K 1.1K 39
I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I placed a hand on my crimson face and mu...