Secret Trio

By lunafreya51

"I have a letter from Madame Athalena sir." My secretary places an envelope on my desk. I stare at the envelo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 22

38.8K 959 82
By lunafreya51

Hey guys! Sorry for the very very very late update. I just finished organizing 5 different Christmas parties, a Valentines Party, and my parent's Wedding (aka a pretty grand Renewal of Vows) during the past 3 months on top of my regular work and volunteer work. I haven't had a break but I owe you guys so I hope you enjoy and find it in your heart to forgive me. ;(

Last Updated. March 1, 2019

Not Edited.

LEO

"Do you need anything else Sir?" My secretary, Richard, asks as he stands by the door.

I shake my head in reply then add "Go home and rest. Give my regards to your baby girl."

"Thank you sir ... If I may add Sir?" He replies.

"Yes?" I answer.

"My wife sends her thanks for the donuts last time. Lucy loved it too."

I smile before replying "No problem. Please give Lucy a hug for me."

He nods then continues "Please don't stay long as well, you need rest too." He says before closing the door.

I know others may find it odd but I like keeping a tough exterior in the office, especially considering my position as CEO. But only when I'm around the employees I trust do I soften.

I continue to review the report in front of me but I'm unable to concentrate. After 5 minutes of trying to refocus, I decide to take a break.

I turn, facing the night city skyline, then check the time on my watch. 6:55 PM.

My thoughts wander to the my kids. What are they doing now? Did they have dinner already? Do they have homework?

I wonder what Alena is doing?

I let out a sigh as Alena crosses my mind. We've been civil with each other considering the kids but we haven't discussed the looming issue we have between us. But despite this, I can't stop this great urge to see her ...  to see the kids ... to be with my family.

I can't wait for Saturday to see them.

Donuts?

The thought suddenly enters my mind slowly morphing to a full-on plan. I could bring the kids some donuts. I smile, excited to be able to spend a little time with them.

Would Alena be mad?

Maybe.

Tsk ... Cafe Mocha?

Yes! Hopefully it will ease any annoyance I cause.

Making up my mind, I stand up and hurriedly tidy up my desk. An hour after, I'm a nervous wreck standing in front of Alena's front door.

"Shake it off Leo." I say aloud to muster my courage before finally ringing the door bell.

The door opens revealing a beautiful Alena wearing a matching tank top and shorts with her hair up in a messy ponytail. The lights inside the house illuminate her, making her look even more angelic.

"Leo?" Alena says.

The sight of her leaves me speechless that she calls out once again.

"Leo? How did you kno— nevermind. What are you doing here?" She asked with evident confusion as she crosses her arms.

"LEO!" The voice of my little princess interrupts before I could answer.

"ARE THOSE DONUTS?!" She continues excitedly pushing past Alena. Seconds later I hear frantic foot steps, "DONUTS?! WHERE?!" Lei shouts as he too comes to the front door.

"Can we have them Leo? Pleaseeee" Laila asks with a pout on her face.

I smile, but turn to Alena for approval. 

"You can have some only if Leo gives you some." She says. With the kids excited looks on me, I nod and give Laila the box which she quickly brings inside leaving me standing with Alena.

Before Alena could say anything I quickly and sheepishly say "Cafe Mocha?"  as I raise the cup, trying to hide my nervousness.

Alena doesn't answer quickly. Just gives me this blank stare seemingly trying to make her decision. Seconds pass until I start getting cold sweat, but I make sure it doesn't show.

"Thank you. Come in?" She eventually says as she gestures to take the cup from me.

"Thank you." I say as I enter the house, closing the front door.

Alena doesn't reply but shouts "Only one donut for each of you. I repeat, ONE DONUT WITH YOUR MILK!"

We then reach the living room where the kids are huddled over the box of donuts.

"MINE!" Laila exclaims grabbing a chocolate filled donut. She takes a big bite, then says with her mouth full "Thank you Leo!"

"Laila! Don't talk with your mouth full." Lucca says. He then turns to me and quietly says "Thanks.." before taking a bite from his vanilla glazed donut.

Lei grabs a donut from the box but Alena interrupts him. "That is enough." She says sternly.

"But I haven't eaten yet." Lei says pouting.

"Lei I see nine out of a dozen donuts and unless donuts fly I'm sure someone ate them." She replies.

"Dang it." Lei says sadly as Lucca pats his shoulder laughing "Nice try."

Alena claps then says "Alright back to homework if you've finished your donut."

"Yes mom." Lucca and Lei say together.

As the kids quickly eat their donuts, I look around the cozy living room. The wall is covered by picture canvasses of the kids individually, together, and with Alena. Notebooks and books are strewn all over the coffee table, with some overflowing to the floor. A laptop and papers lay on the couch and the credit scenes of a cartoon is playing on mute. It is inside this home that it truly hits me that my family is not my family. They have established a dynamic, a home, without me.

I return to my senses when I notice Laila picking up her notebook and turn to Alena saying "I'm stuck." Alena glances at her laptop looking conflicted then answers "Why don't you ask your brothers my dear."

"We don't know that part too Mom." Lucca says, looking guilty that they have to disturb their mom.

Taking in the whole scene, only now do I grasp the difficulties a single working mother has to face. All the more with triplets. Making up my mind, I say to Alena "I could take a look, if you don't mind."

Alena's expression is unreadable but replies, "If you don't mind."

I take off my suit jacket and squat with the kids on the floor. I don't look like it but I am fairly good with Math so with a little reviewing, I am able to help the kids.

"Okay its 9:20, time to prepare for bed." Alena declares.

Alena cleans up the glasses and donuts while the kids and I proceed with preparing their bags for school the next day. Though considerably less wary towards me, Leo still keeps his distance from me. Lei and Laila, however, are now completely relaxed with me evidenced by their continuous chatting with me.

Not long after, the kids run up to brush their teeth. "I'll tuck them to bed." Alena says as she emerges from the kitchen. Without waiting for my reply, she goes upstairs.

A pang of hurt stabs my heart thinking about how many times I was not able to kiss my kids good night;  of not being able to send them off to school; of not being there when they needed someone. The pain overwhelms my that I sit on the couch and run my hands to my hair. Wallowing in misery, I did not notice Alena come down.

Standing on the bottom landing, she says with a blank expression. "Leo, let's talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.5K 51
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
60.4K 1.6K 26
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
5.1M 45.1K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...