Hooks and Seashells

By Meloetta246

A Harry x Uma Fanfiction What happened after Uma fled from cotillion? This is my own spin on the events that... More

Chapter 1: The Tides Have Turned
Chapter 2: Rocking the Boat
Chapter 3: Deals and Deliveries
Chapter 4: Hooks and Beasts
Chapter 5: Goodbyes and Promises
Prediction of the Future
Chapter 6: Welcome to Auradon
Chapter 7: Dorm Rooms and Discoveries
Chapter 8: Appointments and Answers
Chapter 9: Dresses and Dilemna's
Chapter 10: Hooked and Having
Chapter 11: Mermaids and Memories
Chapter 12: Seasons Greetings and Surprises
I Got Tagged!
Chapter 14: Songs and Secrets
Chapter 15: The Big Sleep Part I
Chapter 16: The Big Sleep Part II: Saviors and Sacrifices
Tag! I'm It!
Chapter 17: Births and Beginnings
Chapter 18: Figures and Family
Tagged Once Again
Tags Tags Tags
Chapter 19: Puzzles and Pieces
Chapter 20: Wedding Bells
Epilogue
Tagged Again
Waves and Embers is out!

Chapter 13: Black Magic and Barriers

1K 29 3
By Meloetta246

          Audrey paced her room as Chad watched her from his position on her bed. "I can't believe this! They barely acknowledged our presence at the party! The Pan twins walk in and they cheered while they didn't even clap for us! We're royalty Chad we deserve more respect!" Chad nodded as he stood up. "You're right, we do deserve more respect. How we going to get it though? The VK's have pretty much taken the spotlight."

          A smile grew on Audrey's face as she turned to face him. "Chad! You're a genius!" A confused look crossed his face. "I am? I mean, of course I am! Um, why am I a genius Audrey?" A devious smirk grew on her face. "Because the VK's can help us get back on top, and I know just the one who can help us."
🌟
             Audrey knocked on the door and tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for someone to answer. Eventually, the door cracked open. "What do you want Audrey?" She smirked and leaned against the door frame. "Hey Celia, I need your help." Celia gave her an unconvinced to look. "Why would I help you?" She sighed and reached in her purse, pulling out of sack of coins. "Because I can pay you."

             Celia sighed and opened the door. "Fine. How can I help you princess?" Audrey smiled and sat down on the bed. "Your dad used to help people obtain their greatest desires. I want you to do the same for me." Celia rolled her eyes. "You do realize attaining your greatest desires will come with consequences, right?" Audrey shrugged. "I think I can handle it."

            She sighed and grabbed her tarot cards from her drawer. "Let's get this over with." Celia laid the cards out on the bed and waved her hand over them, causing the cards to glow. "Ask the cards your question." Celia instructed. Audrey glanced over the cards. "How can I regain the status and power that Mal has taken from me at school?" One by one the cards stopped glowing until only the third card from the left remained aglow.

           "Flip it over, the tarot cards have provided an answer." Celia told her, gesturing to the glowing card. Audrey reached over and flipped the card, gasping when she saw the image it portrayed. "The Dragon's Eye Scepter!? How is that supposed to help me?" Celia shrugged as she collected her cards. "The cards only tell you what you need to know. The rest you must discover for yourself. Just remember you will lose something in order to gain what you want." Audrey rolled her eyes as she walked to the door. "I'm not scared of your so-called friends from the other side." Celia sighed. "Don't say I didn't warn you." She called as Audrey shut the door.
🌟
               "Bye Grandpa! I'm going for a swim!" Melody called as she left the palace. "Be careful and be home for dinner!" King Triton called back. He sighed as he watched her swim off. "I wish I knew where she was swimming off to every day." His royal advisor, Sebastian, swam up beside him. "You could always follow her sire." He suggested.

           "I don't know Sebastian. She might get angry and think I don't trust her." King Triton sighed. "Well, what she doesn't know won't hurt her." Sebastian said. He looked out towards the palace gates at his granddaughter's retreating form. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to see where she's going." King Triton relented, swimming after his granddaughter.
🌟
              Melody swam over the reef and towards the darkest part of the Strait of Ursula. She swam through the dim, murky water keeping her hands in front of her as she swam. Eventually, her hands touched the surface of an invisible barrier. "Where is he?" She murmured, looking through the barrier.
🌟
           King Triton watched his granddaughter as she peered through the barrier. "Why would Melody come here? Doesn't she realize what dangers lie beyond that barrier?" Sebastian looked at Melody before turning back to face the king. "She has her mother's curiosity sire. Ariel longed to be on land, Melody longed for the sea. Now, it has lead her here." King Triton nodded. "You are right, but why?" Sebastian gestured towards the barrier. "I think we are about to find out."
🌟
            A figure began making it's way towards the barrier from the other side. Melody pressed her hands up against the barrier as she peered through the murky water. "Michael? Michael is that you?" She called out. "M-Melody?" A weakened and exhausted voice called back. The figure slowly approached the barrier revealing a boy with dark skin, black hair, and green eyes. However, his most distinguishing feature was the eight black and blue tentacles that formed the bottom portion of his body.

            "Michael!" Melody called out, happy to see her friend from the Isle. As he approached her, Melody realized something was terribly wrong. Michael was clutching his side as a trail of blood drifted out into the water. He collapsed against the barrier winded and in pain as she looked on in horror. "Michael, what happened!? Who did this to you!?" She asked, fear and concern laced in her voice.

            "I snuck out and mom sent Undertow after me. He sunk his teeth into my side." Michael hissed out in pain. Melody grabbed her necklace with one hand and placed her other hand on the barrier. She closed her eyes and willed the barrier to open but it was no use, she wasn't strong enough. Melody opened her eyes and they widened when she saw a shark headed their way. "Michael! You have to flee he's coming!" She cried. He shook his head with a solem expression. "I can't, I'm too weak. My adrenaline is gone. Mel," he said softly, pressing his hand against the barrier. "Thank you for being my friend, but I can't call you that anymore because...because I love you." Melody's eyes widened at his words, gasping as his hand went limp and his eyes rolled back. "Michael no! Michael please wake up! Wake up!"
🌟
              King Triton watched as Melody banged on the barrier as she cried out for her friend. "What are you going to do sire?" Sebastian asked. King Triton sighed as he stared at the scene in front of him. "The right thing."

             With those words he swam off towards the barrier. "Melody! Get out of the way!" He bellowed, taking an aim with his trident. She backed away as a beam of magic hit the barrier and created a hole large enough to swim through. King Triton reached through the hole and pulled out the injured boy before sealing the barrier once more. The shark rammed the barrier and growled before swimming off.

        Melody rushed forward to greet her injured friend and grandfather. "Grandpa! You saved him! Thank you, thank you so much!" She cried hugging him tightly. "You're welcome." King Triton smiled. "But we need to get your friend some help." Melody nodded. "Follow me!" She spun around and took off, swimming as fast as her fins would allow. King Triton followed his granddaughter as she led them towards the shore. When they got close, Melody broke the surface and grinned when she saw Carlos and Jane having a picnic on the beach.

            "Carlos! Jane! Over here!" She called out as she made her way onto the beach. "Melody!?" They exclaimed, rushing towards her. "No time guys, just call 911!" She instructed as her tail turned back into legs. "Why do we need to call-Oh." Carlos stared as King Triton appeared from the water with Michael in his arms. He looked over at Jane who was calling 911 before turning back to the sea king.

           King Triton carefully laid him on the sand and backed away into the water. "He's a -a cecaelian." Carlos stuttered in surprise as he examined the injured boy. "Who is he?" Melody sighed as she knelt beside him, taking his hand in hers for the first time. "Michael, son of Morgana, my...um...best friend." Carlos's eyes widened. "So he's from the Isle? How did he get here?" Melody looked down at Michael's still form. "He is and Grandpa opened the barrier and saved him."

             "The ambulance is on its way." Jane announced. "You might want to get rid of his tentacles though." King Triton nodded and placed a smooth stone on the beach before raising his trident. A beam of magic hit the stone and when the light cleared, the stone was carved into a tentacle which was now on a chain. "Put it around his neck Melody." King Triton instructed.   

             Melody carefully clipped the necklace around his neck. As soon as it was secure it began to glow along with the bottom half Michael's body. When the light dissipated, his tentacles were replaced with a set of legs and he was now sporting a pair of black and blue shorts. "Wow." Carlos breathed, amazed by King Triton's power.

             He was about to ask for an explanation when the sound of sirens cut him off. "I must go. Melody, I assume you are staying?" She nodded. "Yes Grandpa." He gave her a knowing smile before disappearing into the ocean. The paramedics came down and put Michael on the stretcher before carrying him away. "Come on, we'll give you a ride." Jane said leading Melody to the limo that had brought them to the beach.

            As they rode to the hospital Melody sent Uma a text to meet her at the hospital.

Melody🧜‍♀️: Meet me at the hospital.

Uma🐙: Why? Are you okay??

Melody🧜‍♀️: I'm fine. Just come to the hospital. There's someone I want you to meet.

Uma🐙: Who!?

Melody🧜‍♀️: I'll explain when you get here.

Uma🐙: Fine. I'm bringing Harry.

Melody🧜‍♀️: Okay. See you soon!

🌟

            Uma burst through hospital entrance and made her way over to the dark haired mermaid. "Alright, I'm here. Now explain." Melody opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted when the doctor came in. "Princess Melody, your friend is out of surgery and awake." She nodded giving a small smile. "Thank you." The doctor walked off and she turned back to Uma. "Just follow me."

             "Why can't you just tell me what's going on?" Uma groaned as she waddled along. Melody sighed. "Because Uma, I really think it's better to do this introduction face to face." She rolled her eyes and continue to follow. "Why do I even need to meet this person?" Melody turn to face her as she grabbed the knob of the door. "Just trust me."

              She opened the door and led them inside. When Melody saw Michael she immediately went to him and pulled him into a hug. "I'm so glad you're safe." Michael chuckled lightly and returned the hug. "I'm glad your grandfather was willing to save me." Loud throat-clearing interrupted the moment and they turned to Harry and Uma who were standing in the doorway.
🌟

           Michael's eyes widened when he saw the girl Melody had been describing to him for weeks. "Uma?" She nodded and stepped forward. "That's me. Now who are you and why does Melody want me to meet you?" Michael took a deep breath before meeting her gaze. "I'm Michael and Melody wants us to meet because I am the son of Morgana, making us cousins." Uma's eyes widened as she processed this new information. "We're family?"

              Michael nodded. "We are. It's nice to finally meet you." Uma nodded as she sat down on the end of the bed. "So are you half human too?" He chuckled. "Yeah, though I was born with my tentacles. However, they seem to have been replaced." The group laughed at his humor, breaking the tension in the room.   

            "So how far along are you?" Michael asked, gesturing to her stomach. Uma placed a hand on her abdomen. "Going on 7 months." He nodded. "I'm guessing you're the dad?" He remarked, looking at Harry. "Aye, I am." He replied. Michael nodded before turning to Melody. "Do you think King Ben let me stay?" She smiled and nodded. "Of course. After your ordeal, Ben would never send you back."

🌟

             Audrey walked through the exhibit as she made her way to the Hall of Villiany. Once inside, she came to stand in front of Maleficent's statue. Taking a deep breath she reached forward to grab the staff, but pricked her finger as she made contact. "Ow!" Audrey whined, holding her injured finger. However, the prick was soon forgotten as the thorn she pricked her finger on began to glow.     

            Audrey watched as the glow traveled up the staff to the gem at the top. The stone lit up and the glow intensified as the scepter began to float towards her. As if it were calling out to her, she reached out a hand to retrieve it. As soon as it was in her hand power and magic flowed through her body. Audrey grinned as she held up the scepter. "Time to see what this puppy can do."

Author's Note

      Hi friends! Here's another chapter. I probably won't update again until after Thanksgiving so have a great holiday everyone and happy reading!

                              -Meloetta246

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 72 10
[Descendants 3 Jay x Fem!Reader] After Cotillion, King Ben let Evie and I be more involved with Isle affairs, and now we're finally bringing over mor...
56.5K 830 21
Y/n, a pirate looking for trouble and some fun. 17 years old and 17 years of trouble. Living on the isle of the lost while she sees all over the TVs...
4.5K 49 13
The Adventure kids are back! On another adventure as they return to Auradon Prep just in time for the Royal Cotillion. Arianna is hearing voices insi...
224K 7.3K 57
Long before Hades devised his evil scheme to take over Mount Olympus, he was once married to the beautiful goddess of spring. But seeing as he focuse...