Just a Regular Life with Ruel...

By grlscout

Kimi is a fan of Ruel and one day she bumps into him in line for a ride at the cities annual carnival. More

The Carnival

47 4 1
By grlscout

As I wait in line for 'The Hangover' ride with my cousin, Ciara and her boyfriend, Adrian. She says they're not dating, but they obviously are. I turn back to face them.

"I can't believe I came to this with you two." I complain

"Kimi, we always come together, every year, it's tradition!" Ciara replies sulkily.

"Yeah, but it's always just the two of us. You've never brought your boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend!" she says. Adrian and I laugh at her defensiveness.

"Whatever. I'm still third wheeling, and now I have to go on all of these rides alone!" I turn back around and bump into a tall, lanky boy facing me.

I look up to see his face and it's Ruel. THE RUEL. RUEL VAN DIJK. I stay calm, well, I try to stay calm, I'm a bit of a fan. Why the frick is he here?

"Hey, sorry to eavesdrop on your conversation, but there's not much to do while waiting in line-" I cut him off. He should be sorry!

"I mean, you could watch the rides, listen to the music, I'm sure you'll find something better to do." I scoff.

"Hmm...I don't know. I'm not a big fan of this song." I listen closely to hear the song and realise that it's his song, 'Don't Tell Me'. I giggle and he looks at me confused.

"What?" he asks.

"You don't like it? You wrote it." He looks shocked that I know who he is..maybe I should've pretended I didn't. Oh well, no turning back now.

"Yeah, well it's been a bit overplayed for the last four years." Wow, four years already! [since he was 12 when he first wrote it]

"Touchè" We laugh at my expression. Then I remember he was eavesdropping.

"So, why were you listening to our conversation?"

"Oh..right. I was gonna say you can go on rides with me, my sisters will be going on together." he turns back and points to Sylvie and Coco, who are talking to each other. "That way neither of us will be third wheeling."

I look back at Ciara and Adrian, who are cuddling up to each other, definitely dating. I turn back and smile at Ruel "Sure, at least I won't be alone with that!" I say, pointing back to them. We laugh as the ride slows down meaning we are on next.

As we get on the ride, Ciara and Adrian go to the front, he sits on the right (inside) and she's on the left (outside). Ruel and I sit in the second row, he goes in behind Adrian with me behind Ciara, and Sylvie and Coco sit behind us.

[insert photo here because I suck at explaining :)]

As we get on the ride, I introduce everyone "Ruel this is my cousin Ciara and her boyfriend Adrian"

"NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" Ciara yells. I roll my eyes as Ruel laughs

"Guys, that's Ruel" I tell Ciara and Adrian. "Oh, and I'm Kimi" I say to Ruel as he smiles.

"Kimi, is that short for something?" he asks as we sit waiting for the ride the start.

"Yea, Kimberly. But don't call me that!"

"Oh ok...Kimberly" He smirks

"Rueloff" I smirk back.

The ride lifts up signalling it's about to go, Ruel grabs my hand and I tense up, surprised.

"You ready to go?" he asks

"Of course, I've been on this heaps of time."

"She's been on it like three times," Ciara says from her seat in front of us. "She threw up last year."

Ruel laughs at this. "Yeah, because I ate too much before! I didn't know we were coming!" I say back, trying to defend myself.

-----------8:15 pm------------

After a long day of rides and walking around, everyone got to know each other, even though I knew a lot about Ruel already. We've had lots of fun, Ciara FINALLY admitted that she and Adrian are dating. Coco and Sylvie are the best girls ever, they told me a lot of embarrassing stories about Ruel, Ciara is now best friends with them. Ruel is so much sweeter than I could've ever imagined. This day has been so good...maybe I don't regret coming after all.

The fireworks start at 9-ish, so before we go to the main area we decide now is the best time to get show bags and look around for other things to buy. 

We walk past all of the stalls but we don't find anything good until we get to the big shed FULL of show bags. We look around and I see some show bags that I would like, but I don't have much money to spend and I'm saving what I do have for a hot potato, they are sooo good here!! 

The shed is packed with people and soon enough we lose each other in the crowd.

I'm with Coco and Sylvie, I can see Ciara and Adrian buying something but I can't seem to find Ruel, which is strange because he is so tall, I should be able to see him towering over the crowd. I turn back around to the girls, they are going to buy some show bags so I follow them to the stand.

Just as we're about to meet Ciara outside, someone pokes me from behind and I turn around to see Ruel with a huge grin on his face and about a hundred show bags on his arms. Okay, so it was about 7. But it's still a lot more than I had.

"Do you really need that many show bags?" I ask him.

"Actually these are for you." he says handing me four bags. A lolly bag, a chocolate bag, a music bag and a magic bag. Ciara definitely told him what to get, there is no way that he is that good at guessing my faves! 

"Wow! Ruel, you didn't have to get me any. Honestly, I'm fine." I say.

"Well, I wanted to. Besides I don't want this!" He says pointing to the magic show bag.

I laugh. "Hey! I love magic. Don't judge me!" He laughs, as we catch up to the others.

Finally, we reach the food, so I tell the others where I'm going and walk over to the van for my hot potato!

RUEL P.O.V

As Kimi goes to get something to eat, I see a basketball game. If I get a certain amount of points I win a prize. I'm a pro at basketball, so I pull Ciara over and ask her what I should get Kimi when I win. I know that I just met her, but I feel a connection with Kimi that I've never had with anyone else, and I just want her to have everything!

Ciara says the giant bear, with an 'obviously' tone in her voice, then she leaves with her boyfriend over to Kimi and my sisters. 

Of course, I win the game, so of course, I get the life-size bear and walk over to everyone else.

KIMI P.O.V

While I'm waiting in line to order my potato I look around to find Ruel starting to play basketball. Am I surprised, of course not!

I get my potato and as I turn back to the group I hear Ruel call my name. I turn to face him and see him holding a giant bear, it's probably bigger than him. Wow. Why?

He must see the shocked look on my face as he says, "He's for you!" Okay. Now he definitely sees the look on my face. I run up to him and he opens his arms for a hug but I hug the bear.

"Oof.." he says, and we laugh.

"Thank you, Rueloff" I say as I hug him.

"You're welcome...Kimberly" he wraps his long arms around me and hugs me back. I could never get tired of his hugs.

He pulls away and we stare into each other's eyes, wow. We look at each other for what feels like eternity, until he leans in and kisses me. Not to be clichè but it's like the fireworks we're waiting for. 

"Oi!" Coco shouts after a while, interrupting our moment. "Can we go now? I wanna get a good spot for the real fireworks!"

Ruel looks down at me, blushing. I giggle at how cute he is and we walk over to the main area. 

The fireworks start in about 10 minutes, we found a great spot right in front of the fence. The others are sitting down behind me talking and I'm standing up at the fence thinking about the day, when Ruel calls me over.

"Kimi, come sit." he says. I go and sit down next to him and Beary Potter. That's my bear!

We sit for a bit and I feel the need to tell Ruel something that's been on my mind all day.

"Ruel," I say, he looks down at me concerned. "I need you to know that I'm not here with you right now because of your fame or anything, I promise. I don't want you to think that I'm using you. I really don't care. Obviously, I think you're amazing and you deserve everything, but I'm here because I like you, your really sweet and kind and the most amazing, caring guy in the entire world, and you are soo cute and you're just PERFECT!!!" I say quickly, running out of breath.

"Kim, I know..." he says "I know that we really haven't known each other for long, at all, but I know that you're not that type of girl. I can tell that you're not lying, and I know you're not using me." Wow. He really is the best! I smile up at him, "Also, I am NOT perfect. At all!" he says and laughs.

Then, with perfect timing, the fireworks go off and I lean my head on his chest as we watch the colours explode in the sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.9K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.3M 57K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 65.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
749K 27.7K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...