After Every Heartbreak (One-s...

By meotiose

"What happens when he breaks up with you? Did it hurt your ego? Or did it hurt your pride? Or did it hurt... More

The First and the End

185 4 0
By meotiose

Cath's POV

"What? You're gonna get mad again? Damn it! Our relationship wasn't even real from the very start! Stop acting like my girlfriend 'cause you were never one." it hurts to hear this from him, but anger took over the pain.

"Who said I was going to scold you, you stupid frog? Well, point taken, but I am YOUR girlfriend. You asked me to be one, right? You begged for it, so that you can show your mom that you're a man. Wow, Evans! What a reason! "

He wants scandals? Then I'll give him that. He humiliated me? I'll pay back.

I can see furiousness printed on his face, he's really pathetic.

"I begged? Fine, I begged 'cause you looked like the girl who would fit. My mom won't believe that I've fallen inlove, if the girl I picked was very beautiful. She'd think twice. But if it was UGLY, she'd realize that it was true. And look, Ventura! It worked! So how 'bout that Ventura? I'm sick of this relationship, I'm sick of you! You're not the one I love anyway." he said with a smirk before walking away. Damn you, Evans.

All of the students heard that stupid fight, and of course they laughed. Who wouldn't? Evans is the heartthrob here, compared to me. I'm a no one.

"It still didn't change the fact that you begged.." I muttered, balling my fists.

"Geez, I can't believe he begged to this pest. He should have done that to me than to this trash." A clown girl said. Evans I will really kill you, you pulled me into this mess.

I tried to stop myself from crying until I was the only one left in the hallway.

I ran and ran. I should have been the one who dumped him! My pride was taken away! My ego! Two of the most important things in my life was always taken away by that frog!

I wasn't really ugly, I am actually beautiful if only I remove my glasses and cut my long bangs that covers my face. And I wouldn't even try to do that because of one memory I hate. I don't want to talk about it.

Kenji Jame Evans, heartthrob, gangster, stupid frog, ugly attitude, autistic. That's my description, while I'm Cattleya Ayes Ventura, top 1, usually bullied eversince I went to this school, sadako, smart. I think that's all. You see Evans is a rich boy, but he really has an ugly attitude, not like her sister who really likes me for him. Like, seriously? We hate each other! Faye Rean Evans is her twin sister, my only friend in this school.

"Ayleya! What happened? My class just finished, and I heard a rumor that he broke up with you.." She said and I looked at her.

"Yeah, that's right. He did, and I hate it." I grunted.

"Why? Do you love my brother now?" her eyes shined.

"No! Yuck, I hate it 'cause he did the first move. I wish I can change back time and do the first move, aish! My pride and ego again!"

She looked at me seriously, and that made me arch a brow.

"What?"

"Is that what's really important to you? You don't feel anything when you're with my brother?" she asked

"It's important to me, and I don't feel anyting but pure disgust and hate when I'm with him. Should I feel anything besides those?"

She shooked her head and sighed.

"Let's go eat ice cream. My treat, then let's talk about my brother.." again? Tss, that's all we do!

**

"So, what happened?" she started, shoving a spoonful of her favorite strawberry cream in her mouth.

"What do you mean, 'what happened'?" I asked.

"What happened? Why did he suddenly break up with you?"

"He's sick of it, I'm sick of it too.."

She stared at me and narrowed her eyes.

"You know you should really cut your bangs. Geez, you're not sadako for pete's sake.." she complained.

"That's the last thing I will ever do.."

"Fine, let's make a bet. If I win, you'll do everything I'll say, if you win, likewise, you stay with your stubborn side." she said. Okay, challenge accepted.

"What's the bet anyway?" I inquired

"Just say 'yes' on our bet.." she insisted

"Not until I know what we're gonna do.."

She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Fine, whoever wins on the arcade, well, wins."

I smirked, she's challenging me on an arcade battle?

"Challenge accepted, be fair." I said and winked at her.

----

"Tsk! How did you become so good?!" I yelled at her, I don't care if I'm gaining attention. I have to beat this girl!

"I have my ways Ayleya.."she said still focusing on her game. Tsk, she isn't even cheating. Did she plan this?

"You sure you're not cheating?" I asked

"Nope.." she said, still focused.

Damn, how do I beat this girl? Last time I check she isn't good with games such as this.

"Bam! I win.." she perked up and smirked at me, how can I be so occupied in a basketball game?!

"How did you get so good?"

"Bro taught me, then I realized I should challenge you. Let's go to the salon~" she's teasing me!

"Uhh, you see Faye. I have, umm. Assignments! Yes and projects to do so.. See you next year!" But before I could run, she held my arms tightly and started dragging me to the 4th floor where the salon was.

"Yaaaa! Faye, why are you doing this to me?!"

"For my brother to realize that you're Cattleya.." she simply said, I don't want him to know!

"Faye, look Faye I'd do anything, ANYTHING Faye! For me not to cut it.." I begged

"No, be fair right?" Uwaaaaa! I'm dead!

We got in and she really told the girl to cut my hair.. I wanna cry.

I closed my eyes and wished that this was all just a dream. But the moment I opened my eyes, I saw myself. I saw the real me.

"I thought you were sadako's ally but you seem to be a goddess.." the girl commented

"Wow, Ayleya, you look fab!" Faye said, I faintly smiled.

When we got home, I sighed and went in the house.

"I'm home.." I emptily said.

Mom and the others looked at me, from head to toe.

"What? It's because of Faye.."

"Are you really my daughter? Why are you not in sadako form?" my Mom asked

"Mom.." she still kept on looking at me, it's been years since she last saw my face.

"I'm just joking. It's good to see your face again, dear. I'll thank Faye for this.." she said and asked if I wanted to eat, I just shooked my head and smiled

"Mom, I'm full."

When I reached my room, I placed my bags down beside my bed. I don't like the maids doing it for me. I laid down and closed my eyes. What will I do tomorrow?

What if I just stay here in my room and not go to school tomorrow. But, the only problem is I'm a top 1 student, I can't be absent even for just a day or else Evans will become top 1. He may be a bastard and an autistic frog but I gotta admit, he's smart.

Tsk, I wouldn't have such a big problem if I didn't agree on her bet. Damn, my life is ruined. I feel pathetic, I don't know what to do.

**

This is it, I'm infront of our room. What if there are already students inside? They'll see me.

I searched for my hanky and fixed my shortened bangs and made my look more like a sadako, but my face can still be seen! Tsk, it's now or never..

When I went inside, there were 3 students inside, clown #1 and clown #2.. and Evans. I hid my face well and sat down.

I figured out that they didn't notice my new look, so I felt relieved. After a few minutes the other students went in and lectures started. And I'm carefully praying for class to end.

Time was running fast and that's much better. When classes ended, I felt like a thorn was removed from my chest. I felt really relieved.

But, suddenly while I was walking -fast- I accidentally bumped into someone. The cloth I was holding wasn't covering my face anymore, and now you will witness a major heart attack.

"Look where you're going, sadako.." it's Evans!

"Whatever, frog.." I fixed my things and walked fast again, I have to be far away from him as much as possible.

I didn't expect what would happen next, he pulled my hand but I was still not facing him.

"You cut your hair?"

"Isn't it obvious? Let go of me, frog.."

But instead he tightened his grip.

"Evans!" I bit my lower lip to ease my nervousness.

"Why, Cath? Why hide?" and that's the reason why I hate him.

"What do you mean? I'm not 'Cath'!" I denied

He suddenly faced me to him and I rapidly covered my face with my hands

"Remove your hands." he ordered. No!

"You'll remove it or I will?!" and I thought, is this the day when I should tell him everything?

I put my left hand down first, then the other and looked at him. He looked shocked.

"Happy? Happy seeing the girl you tortured for the past 5 years? Happy seeing the well known sadako's face? Now let go of me.." but he still wasn't letting go, he just stared at me.

"So it really is you.." he whispered

I don't know why I'm feeling a little low now.

"Why didn't you tell me?! Damn it Cattleya I was looking for you! For years, Cath! Then I'll find out you're near me and I was so stupid for not realizing?! What do you want to prove Cath? You want to prove to the world that I'm stupid? There! You got it! What else are you hiding?!"

"Don't you dare shout at me! Kenji you very much know everything! Why did I hide? Do you know how much pain you've caused me? You tormented me, Kenji! Physically and mentally, you made me a girl whose scared of every person here! Kenji, I was once a strong girl, a born leader and a boisterous one. But because of such rumors you made me who I am now. So don't act like you're the one who has the lower hand here."

Before I knew it he slapped me, am I going to feel the physical pain now?

"You made me feel stupid! Don't you know how much it hurts?"

"And do you know how much it hurts to feel your physical and mental abuse for 5 long years Kenji? Actually, it's on going! Are you still gonna hurt me over and over again? Why don't you just kill me?" I feel like I'm losing my breathe, am I gonna die here infront of him? Him whom I despise?

Why did I hate him again? Because he was my first, my first everything except the part the the green minded people would think about. We were perfect. Perfect that it looks like it's not true, that it's like a movie which will never happen in the real world. And that perfection led us to that misunderstanding.

Back when we were at our 4th year high school days, he courted me for almost 9 months. Then, I accepted his offer so we became official, 'perfect' was the term for this relationship.

But it led us to that 'TRUST' we didn't have, so the perfect became imperfect. He believed in rumors, I didn't. Because of too much pain he felt, he hurt me physically and mentally when we broke up. That perfection we thought lead us to that expectation, expectation to be together forever, and it made us forget the trust, because in our minds, it was settled to be forever us.

So now that we're in the last term, I started the rumor that 'Cattleya' will transfer. And I introduced myself as Ayleya Ayes Ventura. But I didn't thought that he wouldn't leave the university.

"You made me feel stupid and brainless. I was looking for you, while maybe you were there laughing at my back!"

"Damn it, Kenji! You're blaming me?! Sht, I don't make people look stupid! You know me! I did that for a reason, Kenji. It hurts, that you're hurting me all over and over again. Especially when I was called names by you, I was bullied by you, I was humiliated by you. Your Mom and sister knew I was Cath, Kenji. I told them my reason, and I was too kind that I told them not to tell it to you and not to bother telling you what to do 'cause you hate being dictated. I don't know why I even cared for you while all you do is the opposite. I always told myself that you pierced my ego, my pride and destroyed my image. But the truth was you were hurting me, and it hurts Kenji that I can't breathe. So please Kenji, I'm begging you. Stop it, I don't want to feel pain again, 'cause ever since I was a child, all I can feel was pain, and I hope you'd help me not to feel that for a day." I turned around and ran, I don't know where but I have to go away for now.

I went to a playground that had a memory still fresh in my mind..

"Cath will you be my girlfriend? I won't hurt you I promise.."

You promised.

You promised. But why did you break it?

I was at the midst of crying when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said

"Dear, where are you? It's getting dark.." It's Mom.

"I'm here at the playground and I'm fine, Mom-"

**

Kenji's POV

She was hurt, that was all she felt in those 5 years. She was always near me. She never did left, she just hated the pain so she made up a rumor. She hated me, that was all she felt when I was with her.

I insulted her, I hurt her physically and mentally. I destroyed the Cath who loved smiling. I wrecked her beauty, I called her ugly even if she was the most beautiful girl I've ever met.

My phone suddenly rang so I answered it.

"Damn you, Kenji! I told you not to hurt her! You're such an idiot!" Faye said in the other line, I even heared Mom stopping her.

"Kenji, because of you I might lose a very important friend! Kenji, I hate you!" and she ended the call.

I ran as fast as I could. Cath..

----

"What happened?!"

They all looked at me..

"I hate you, why are you here?!" Faye said and she glared at me

"Where's Cath?" I asked

"She's inside.." Cath's mom said, I smiled and went in. There I saw her, sleeping. I feel so useless.

"C-Cath, I'm sorry.. I hurt you, I insulted you. I'm sorry, please wake up. Cath please, I haven't told you how much I love you yet.." But the next thing that happened made me feel scared. She moved. I was scared and at the same time happy.

"Cath, are you alright now?" she just looked at me and smiled. Why is it that even if I hurt you over and over again you still have that smile I loved?

"Cath, I can't breathe.." I told her, I was trying to mimick her favorite artist's voice. She smiled sweetly.

"I love you too.."

"It feels so good to hear that from you. Can you say it again?" She said while smiling at me

"I can't breathe forever Cath.." and I kissed her forehead..

She made that cute giggle.

Then everybody went in, they were all happy. Well, Faye still hates me.

----

"Maybe I woke up because God wanted me to hear what you have to say, but I feel sleepy Kenji.." she whispered

"Don't.. please.."

"Can I sleep now Kenji?" she asked almost closing her eyes..

"Promise, I won't let go, Cattleya.. I promise I won't.." I felt tears rolling down my face.

"Don't cry.. Don't you want that? You won't see me, ever again.." She was almost laughing

"Cath!"

"I'm just joking, will you fulfill that promise for me Kenji?"

"I may have hurt you before even if I promised not to, this time expect me to keep my promise. I won't let go Cath, I won't.."

"Promise?" she asked cutely

"Promise.."

With that, she closed her eyes and all I heared were sobs. Her time here was limited, she had this sickness eversince she was a kid. Whenever she was hurt, it kept getting worst.

I'm the worst guy on Earth. All I gave her was pain and sufferings.

I promise I won't let go Cattleya, Cath, Ayleya what ever name you use, you're still Cath, the one I love dearly, my greatest love.

----

"When you were there lying on that bed, I felt so useless. I ignored your pain, I could care less. But when I realized everything I did, all I could wish for was having another year, many years with you. But I guess this is my karma for all the harsh words and the brutality I showed you, when all you had was your Mom and my sister. I felt so pathetic, when I used Ayleya as my pretend girl for my mom to realize that I can love. I tried using my charms to forget you when you left me and transfered. I tried using Ayleya. I saw her as you, she was really like you.." and I laughed, "but she was you, I bullied her 'cause I loved her reactions, but you were her, I've fallen for Ayleya but I promised that you will be the only one I love, but you were her. But it came to the point that I don't know who I will love, when I didn't know you two were as one. So I choosed Cattleya, but you were Ayleya."

I remebered when she was Cattleya and I was Kenji.

"What's love for you Cath?"

"Love? It's when you love an imperfect person despite his or her flaws.."

"How 'bout you, Ken? What's happiness for you?"

"She's infront of me now.." I said still copying her favorite character.

"Yaaaa~ you two are alike!" she's so cute

"I'm more handsome.." I said

"Conceited frog!" she stuck her tongue out, and I chased her when she started running away.

"Remember when you asked me what's happiness for me? It's when I see you happy, completely free and smiling, my happiness is you. And it will never change. Cattleya I'm sorry for the pain I've caused. I can't live forever Cath. Can I stop copying your Kenji Delos Reyes? Can I be myself? I really can't live.."

"Oh please, twin, can't you just say 'I love you', don't say those 'I can't I can't.'" My greatest enemy, Faye.

"I'm sure she loves you too.."

"I'm going now, twin. I still have work at the office." She said and waved goodbye.

You can always sleep, Cath. I hope I can too, with you.

I love you.

**

A/N: I just used my phone to publish this, so sorry for the typos. I cried. For everyone who's gonna ask. Why is it 'After Every Heartbreak'? Because you can feel its emotions, sadness, pain, and bitterness. That's what you usually do when you're in a current heartbreak. Not just because it's title is like that, it means I'd explain what happened during break ups and heartbreaks. This is their story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3M 563K 22
[PUBLISHED under LIB] #1. "If pleading guilty means protecting you, I will."
67.5K 3K 19
A story about a girl who will cross paths with four gorgeous girls that will falls in love with her.
15.8K 395 54
MHEL CHAZEINTH DIZON an 27 years old and turning 28 on Wednesday in april 25 Mhel is just visited in Philippines to see how was going their company...
63.1M 2.2M 44
Warning: Do not open if you haven't yet read Hell University. This is just a sequel of that book. Thank you!