The Old Family

Von Devita33

BOOK 4 'Tricks and Thorns, A Desert Storm...' A Sequel to the successful #DAWNseries Book 4 in the saga. Foll... Mehr

Prologue
Author's note
COMPETITION
(1)Burning the Midnight Oil
(2)The Black Raven
(3)Black Satin Seduction
(4)A Blackened Tundra
(5)Set in Stone and Shadow
(6)As thick as Obsidian
(7)Written with Blood and Ink
(8)The Black Storm
(9)Swallowing Lead
(10)The Crow's Hollow Cry
(11)Ebony without Ivory
(12)Rocking the Chessboard
(13)A Bitter Black Aftertaste
(14)Onyx, Origin and Oblivion
(15)Black Magic
(16)Light Strays, the Dark Remains
(17)Death's Fire
(18)Fort Black (Part 1)
(18)Fort Black (Part 2)
(20)A King's Lingering Shadow
(21)Jet Black Jungle
(22)Nightfall (Part 1)
(22)Nightfall (Part 2)
(23)Whirlwinds in the Dark
(24)Heavy Black Crown
(25)Rebuilding these Black Walls
(26)Every Shadow has its Light
Epilogue
The Dawn of Light

(19)The Old Night

6.3K 426 144
Von Devita33

The Old Night

It was nearly dawn.

We sat around the campfire, huddled up close for warmth. The makeshift tent Vikard and his men had made was barely enough to keep the cold at bay, but luckily it was a quiet early morning and the wind had died down. It was still very dark and the stars were bright in the sky. The moon was nowhere to be seen.

My eyes scanned the nearby tent. Moros and Vikard were discussing our next move and examining the Gorgon sister's bodies. Vikard's men were stationed a few feet away from the camp; on look out for anything suspicious.

Shadow was somewhere in the woods, almost certainly hunting for fun and food. He enjoyed the night air and would probably come cuddle up to Nemesis as soon as the sun came out. Dawn was routinely his nap time.

I sat against a long log with Apate's still unconscious body wrapped in blankets. Her head rested on my lap. I felt my eyes close every now and then as the fatigue snuck up on me. Dolos sat beside me, whittling with his smallest dagger.

In the beginning it looked like he was carving a horse. Now, I had no idea what it was. Maybe a horse with six legs? I don't know.

Nemesis sat across from me; her eyes trained on the map in her lap, but every now and then I could feel her eyes lift up to stare at me and Apate. I knew what she was thinking- what all of them were thinking.

They were wondering if I was okay. They knew I was a good fighter; they knew I was powerful, but they'd never seen me act like that before.

It was because it'd never shown them that side of me. Not like that- not during the hunt. My sisters and my brothers knew that being death was a prestigious position; sure, it had its perks, but I don't think they realised just the extent of the horrid things I had to do every day.

It wasn't pretty. It wasn't fair sometimes and it certainly wasn't designed for someone with a weak stomach.

But I did understand their concern- was it the past few weeks of stress, exhaustion and having to deal with everyone all the bloody time that maybe made me go a little... crazy?

Possibly. Or was it just the way I was designed?

Either way, it didn't bother me too much. My body felt numb, like a bolt of pure adrenaline had engulfed it and now, it was gone and I was left with that euphoric shimmering glow.

"Thana?" Nemesis' soft voice woke me as I dozen off a bit. I jolted awake. "Yeah?" My voice sounded caked with overtiredness and my sister's face fell a little with guilt from waking me up.

She glanced to the side to Dolos, but he was pretending not to listen. "Are you alright?"

I smiled thinly and with much effort; "Of course."

"Are you sure? You-" She started saying, but stopped. Nemesis wasn't the best with her tongue. She was always the last one to find the perfect words to say, but in my mind, her words were never lacking in warmth. Maybe slightly ineloquent, but kind nonetheless.

"Nema, I'm fine. Just tired." I nodded my head and gave her a brotherly look. She smiled and pursed her lips as she looked down at the map again, but her worries weren't eased. I could tell Dolos wasn't convinced either.

Sudden movement made us all forget about me.

Apate's eyes flickered and I felt her head sway from side to side. My hand, which was resting on her hair, moved down to her neck to help her sit-up. She moaned as her eyes opened and her back straightened. Dolos and Nemesis leaned in to ogle down at her with concerned expressions.

"Wh-" She moaned again with chapped lips and tried to sit-up, but her neck was still fragile. "What happened?"

I scooted closer, pressing her into my chest for support. Apate leaned back and rested her head against my collarbone. Nemesis smiled softly at her, "You kind of took one for the team."

Dolos snickered, but I knew he was just too relieved to see Apate awake and well; "Understatement of the year..."

Apate slapped him with a limp hand and tried to erase the small smile crawling up her mouth. She pressed her back into me and stared up; "Sorry for that."

"Hmm, trying to hit a Gorgon with your arrow while she's got you by your neck was really clever, Aps." I shook my head, but smiled anyway.

Apate coughed a bit and rubbed her throat. "Yeah, not doing that again..."

"Good idea." Nemesis laughed softly and Vikard quickly walked over, his eyes wide with relief. "Ah, she's awake good, good."

"I'm not in the mood." Apate whispered to me and grabbed one of my arms to shield her from him. He didn't catch the drift

He placed a flask of water next to her and smiled; "How are you feeling?"

"She's fine." Dolos said with a bite in his tone.

Vikard looked from one to the other until finally at me. His expression soured. "I thought you'd all be in a good mood. Guess not."

"Yeah, guess not." Nemesis scoffed and glared at him. I shot her a look to calm down. She shook her head and went back to focusing on the map of the lands, which she'd now placed on the ground.

Dolos leaned back and watched Vikard with cold eyes. I fixed him with an equally icy stare. Now was not the time for a battle of egos. "We're leaving at first light."

Vikard's frown moved up into a surprised smile; "Just like that?"

"Just like that." I pointed to Moros, who was standing in the tent hunched over some papers; "He's coming with us and we're taking one Gorgon."

Vikard stared at Moros a while, until I dropped my finger and his gaze snapped back to mine. He said nothing. Instead, the leader of the Pazári just stood up and nodded his head. Something was off.

I was prepared for moderate resistance, but as dawn broke and Shadow returned from his little hunting spree, we packed up, attached the one Gorgon to a wooden stretcher and left back to Tundra through my portal.

All while Vikard remained cross-armed and silent; just staring.

Yes, something was terribly off.

We arrived in Tundra with Moros and I carrying the stretcher through the portal. Having been flung through space, we were desperately trying to keep the Gorgon attached to the makeshift bed.

Dolos landed behind us and then Apate and Nemesis. Nemesis helped Apate as they landed; her neck was still a little sore and she needed the extra cushioning as her feet hit the ground.

Hypnos had seen the portal open from the tower and was rushing down the stairs as we placed the stretcher on the snow-covered floor. Moros looked around, half expecting an angry Nyx to pop out and scold him for stealing her possessions after she explicitly forbade him from doing so.

She was nowhere to be seen. Yet, I felt her overwhelming presence linger in the icy air, like fog. It was somewhat uncomfortable and even more familiar.

Hypnos jogged up to us with wide eyes and extended arms. We hugged quickly and his warmth was a welcome surprise. He must've been sat by the fire, waiting for us to finally arrive. I couldn't imagine there was much here to distract him from the past.

"Is that..?" He asked and pointed to the cold body of the snake-like woman. Her eyes were closed and her previously sickly green complexion had faded to a light grey.

I nodded my head. "I believe it's Stheno. Vikard has Euryale."

Hypnos knew what I'd meant. Growing up, we had man tutors over the years and learning about legendary creatures had always been a favourite subject of ours. "Right. Wow." He leaned over her and examined the corpse. She was so tall and broad; definitely a dangerous creature when she was still alive, but now, fascinating to see so close up.

"Hypnos." Moros said softly and my twin's eyes lit up with shock- "Moros?" Their eyes caught and Hypnos looked at me to see if this was a trick. I smiled and nodded.

Hypnos lunged forward and hugged Moros close. Our younger brother's eyes closed a bit and he shook his head in lamentation. "I'm so sorry for all of this-"

"It's fine. It's fine." Hypnos nodded and smiled broadly, happy to see his long-lost sibling again. "You're all home now." He looked to Apate and Nemesis and then finally to Dolos. They smiled too, definitely elated to be back in Tundra.

It might still be cold, but this was a cold we were accustomed to.

"Come inside, come inside." Hypnos signalled to everyone to head to the grand entrance. "There's a fire in the lounge and I think Irma just made some fresh bread."

Dolos licked his lips and picked up the stretcher with haste; "Ooh, gods bless Irma!"

"A warm fire would be ideal right about now." Nemesis grumbled and helped Apate up the stairs. "You okay?"

Apate nodded with annoyance; "Stop asking me every five minutes."

"Geez, sorry."

"Ugh, I need a drink..."

Hypnos and I watched as our four siblings marched up the stairs and through the entrance, the smell of freshly bake bread very inviting. We remained behind to talk- I could sense there was much Hypnos wanted to ask and tell me.

Shadow blinked up from the ground and purred. I signalled to the palace; "Go check on them. And don't you dare go in that kitchen!" Shadow turned around with an innocent smile, but I knew the type. "No!"

His face fell and I rolled my eyes; "I'll come give you some bread later. Later." Shadow nodded with glee and quickly flew in to torment my brothers and sisters.

When everyone was out of earshot, I turned to Hypnos. He leaned in to hug me again. I pressed my head to his and sighed. "Damn, it was cold."

Hypnos chuckled lamely; "I told you take that extra pair of socks."

"Yeah, yeah, listen... We need to discuss our next move. You know about the Pazári?"

"Yes."

"You know about the staff and the Gorgon's blood? What it can do?"

He sighed and the white fog circled around his hot breath. "It's still somewhat hard to believe, but yes. What else?"

"There's something bad happening here..." I rubbed the back of my sore neck and watched as my breath came out whiter than snow.

Hypnos sighed, nodding; "Worse than our brother trying to resurrect a goddess?" My twin looked up at me with both sorrow and irritation. "You don't actually think that this could work, right?" He dropped his voice down to a whisper.

"Hypnos... You didn't see him break down like I did. There's something seriously damaged in him. We need to help him."

"And fuelling this delusion is the way to do it?" Hypnos shook his head again but this time with urgency; "What if it doesn't work? Which it probably won't."

"If Trita died, wouldn't you want to try every possibly way of bringing her back?"

My words caused my brother to pause for a moment. His eyes lowered to the ground in thought. I bit my bottom lip and looked up at the heavens. The sky was clouded and the sun was hidden behind a thick layer of mist.

"Look," I said calmly; "I don't know if the Gorgon's blood will do anything significant, but we need to at least try it. We owe it to him."

"You're still so guilt-ridden that we left, but you have no need to feel-"

"We do." I interrupted Hypnos' soft words with a harsher tone. "We do need to feel somewhat guilty. When's the last time we invited them over to my palace? When's the last time we did anything for them? We didn't even invite them to our weddings, Hypnos. Shame on us."

My twin's eyes widened a bit, but feel slanted just as quickly. He nodded slowly and sighed with frustration. "Fine. Yes, I see your point. I... agree. But I hope you can also see how they are adults and don't need us to be doting on them for everything."

"I do." He gave me a pointed look, not trusting my words at all. I rolled my eyes and spoke louder and with more conviction. "I do, alright?"

"Alright. Good." Hypnos' face suddenly lit up and a smile reached his lips, but it was almost coy. "Have you spoken to Aurora yet?"

I frowned and shook my head; "No, I haven't had the time. I'll send her a quick letter with Shadow."

"You're not leaving?" He sounded genuinely sad that I wasn't about to depart and leave him with this chaos.

"No, I'll stay until this whole mess is cleared up."

"Oh..." He pursed his lips and nodded, but something lingered in his eyes. I ignored it and turned to walk up the stairs. I missed Aurora dearly, but unfortunately duty called.

"Did you find out who helped Moros open the vault?"

Hypnos was pulled back from his thoughts and quickly jogged up to walk beside me; "Eris, as we thought."

"Hmm... I should have a word with her."

"Don't." Hypnos put his hand on my arm; "I already did and I think it's best if we give her some time to digest things. She doesn't seem very capable of dealing with so many changes at once. Let her just be happy that you're back for now."

"And I'm the lenient one..." I chuckled, my comment bringing a smile to my twin's face. He rolled his eyes with a happy grin as we entered the palace, side by side.

"It was so quiet here without you. Theé mou, I'll miss that..."

I finished with my letter and called over Shadow to deliver it for me.

After a few attempts at whistling for him, I stood up from my desk and walked down towards the kitchens. Just as I thought...

I caught him sneaking a peek inside the hot oven, his hand out stretched and ready to grab one of the baking cookies on the silver tray. I cleared my throat and he whipped around like he'd caught fire.

I tried not to laugh as he let go of the oven's door and it slammed shut. His eyes burned bright with innocence as he tucked his hands behind his back and smiled up at me with a sheepish grin.

"Here." I dangled the envelope between my two fingers. "Bring this to Rora and I'll tell Irma to make you those raisin biscuits you like..."

Shadow's eyes lit up and he nodded eagerly. With a whoosh, the envelope was out of my hands and Shadow was off through his own portal. I laughed softly as the dust flickered to the floor, his excited chirps still ringing in my ear.

I grabbed an apple and rubbed it against my black shirt, shinning it, while I walked back towards the den. On my way there, I heard two voices. I ducked into the corridor and walked towards Eleos' room. I knocked softy.

Hypnos and Eleos looked up from their conversation. Eleos smiled broadly and beckoned me to enter. She'd already greeted me with a big hug when I'd gotten back, but her smile remained.

"What's going on?" I asked and Hypnos gestured for me to sit.

I laid down on my sisters big bed instead, plopping on my stomach and brought the apple to my mouth.

Eleos sighed; "I'm meeting with Autolycus later."

I choked. "W-what?" I coughed slightly as the piece of apple in my throat struggled to move down.

Hypnos smiled slyly; "That's why Ella is back from your palace. Aurora managed to get Autolycus' location and I figured that the best way to get him to talk secrets would be to use the right kind of bait. No offense, dear."

Eleos waved her hand and smiled; "I understand and I agree. I want to help."

"Whoa!" I sat up on the bed and stared at my brother, who was causally seated by Eleos' desk. "Are you mad? You are not sending our youngest sister to that ruffian's lair."

"Relax," Hypnos shot me pointed look; "Momus and I will be joining her as her bodyguards."

"Not to be a spoilsport, brother dear, but I'm fairly sure Autolycus wants nothing to do with you. Especially after you ripped his father's ears off, repeatedly." I said with a snarky tone and shot an equally dry look at Hypnos.

Eleos' face pulled up with confusion and disgust. She didn't ask- she didn't want to know.

Hypnos placed his chin on his hand; "Which is why we're going in disguise as guards-"

"Pretty sure he's smart enough to see through that."

"Female guards."

"Oh." I tapped my lips with my index finger and shrugged; "Not bad." I bit into the apple and leaned back again, my worries slightly eased.

It made sense, I suppose. He could have just asked either Eris or Nemesis to join, but I wasn't about to point that out. Seeing Hypnos and Momus in uncomfortable situations is what I truly lived for.

"But that doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful." Hypnos said to Eleos with an authoritative look.

She nodded her head and rolled her eyes; "Of course; I'm not dumb."

"Didn't you used to have a crush on Autolycus?" I asked with a crafty smile. Eleos' eyes widened and her cheeks flushed red. "No! Ugh... What is wrong with you?"

I chuckled evilly and laid back down with my head close to her. "Are you sure? I could've sworn he used to write you poetry-"

Eleos leaned over and smacked me with a pillow she'd grabbed from her couch. I ducked out of the way and laughed loudly; her embarrassment was adorable. I remember we used to tease her so much when she was younger.

Eleos threw the pillow at my face and grumbled; "Shut up. No, he didn't."

"Oh, sorry." I shot her a knowing look; "It must've been that other prince of thieves." Eleos lifted the other pillow in the air, signalling to me that either I had better shut my mouth or she was about to smack my face with her cushion. I lifted the half eaten apple; "Want some?"

Her face cracked with a big grin and the pillow hit my head with wallop. I laughed and rolled away from her, my apple in my mouth. I was beside Hypnos now. I mumbled through the apple in my mouth; "Would you like some?"

"Gods, how are you the same age as me?"

"You could've just said 'no, thank you'."

Hypnos' frown broke slightly. I chuckled as I noticed a small smirk work its way through his sour expression, but a small voice from the door interrupted our silent conversation.

"Thana?" I turned my head at the sound of my name.

Eris stood by the door, her hands on the old, wooden frame and her eyes slightly cast down in guilt. She bit her lip and gestured with her head for me to follow her; "Can we speak? In private?"

I looked back to where Hypnos and Eleos were seated. My sister smiled at Eris with her sweet eyes twinkling, but Hypnos looked somewhat suspicious. His eyes found mine with worry. I cleared my throat and stood up off the bed; "Of course. Come."

Eris nodded curtly and relief washed across her face. I closed Eleos' bedroom door and followed Eris as she led me towards a wide open foyer area on the second floor of the palace. We stood next to the balcony's large, glass doors, but we didn't dare open them. The wind had picked up and the snow was falling with an impatient speed. It wanted to cover the land with a blanket of white ice before dusk.

"I'm glad you're home." Eris smiled, but her eyes remained on the floor. I nodded and looked up to where the ceiling met with the wall. The cornice was dark and old, but elegantly crafted. We avoided each other's eyes. "It wasn't exactly fun, but at least Moros is home too."

"Yes..." Eris' voice was soft. I sighed and lifted her chin up, meeting her dark eyes with my own. "What is it, princess?"

She was momentarily taken back by my soft and comforting voice. Her eyes brimmed with tears and her mood swung into a new direction. "I didn't think you'd ever call me that again."

"Why would you think that?" I shook my head and it hurt me to see her so... broken. It wasn't the crying for the strange dip in her tone, but the look in her eyes. She looked beyond embarrassed. Nearly mortified.

"Because of the way I acted towards Aurora and the way I acted towards you. I apologise for the pain I caused you. You're so important to me and I don't ever want you to think that I don't want you to be happy." She was stumbling through her words, half-sobbing into her hand.

I grabbed her small fingers and tugged her hand towards my chest. My arms wrapped around her and I held her tight. "I would never think badly of you, Eris. I love you."

"But you love her too!" She ripped herself away and with furious eyes she smacked my chest with anger.

I stood for a few seconds, just staring at her with wide eyes. Eris' furious outburst left as quickly as it had appeared and she stood across from me with a look of pure shock. "I-" She shook her head lamely and her wet eyes drooped down to my hands. "I didn't- I didn't mean to-" She folded her hands in front of her dress, but quickly rubbed away some tears running down her cheeks.

I gulped and tried to make sense of what had just happened; "Are you alright?"

She nodded quickly and once again, avoided my red eyes with shame; "Yes, yes. I'm just a little tired. I think I'll go to bed."

"Eris..."

My sister turned to back to catch my gaze, but she found it was angled down, to her hands. My eyes narrowed and she instinctively tucked her hands in her coat's pockets. "What?"

"Nothing." I smiled quickly and nodded; "Go rest. I'll call for you when the cookies are done in the oven."

"Thank you." She bowed and quickly darted around the corner, in the direction of her room. I watched her leave, my eyes locked onto her with a horrid sense of dread.

When the foyer was quiet and I was sure my sister was gone, I swallowed hard and turned my eyes to the weather outside. It was blistering cold now and the warmth in my heart had dimmed to a nonexistent simmer. That bruise...

There was only one way to get a bruise like that. There was only one person who could get a bruise like that.

Me.

We all sat in the kitchen, eating freshly baked cookies.

I sat at the middle of the table, with Eris leaning her head on my shoulder as we silently chewed. Hypnos and Momus sat to my left side, both deep in thought and staring ahead.

Dolos reached for another cookie- probably his fifth- and bit down on to it with glee. He sat across from me, with Apate's legs propped onto his lap. She had her neck rested against a pillow and Nemesis was behind her, laying her head on her arms. She was full of cookies already.

Moros sat at the head of the table, slowly chewing and his eyes locked onto the cookie in his hand.

The table was silent.

It's not that we didn't want to talk to one another it's just that we didn't really feel like there was a need.

We all sat in comfortable silence, just nibbling on Irma's treats and... thinking.

Eris sighed a bit and held out her hand, resting her elbow on the table. That was my signal to pass her another one. I reached over and grabbed a chocolate chip one, knowing she hated the oatmeal kind.

"Thanks." She mumbled with the cookie already in her mouth. We didn't speak of what happened earlier between us and I didn't bring up the bruise. It was gone now- probably already healed after her nap. I tried to convince myself that it was an issue better left discussing some other time, but in truth, I was scared. Scared of the answer.

We sat for a few more moments, just staring at nothing.

My mind was racing with one thing- Aurora.

I really hoped I'd be able to see her soon. Perhaps I should open a portal to our room later?

"You know what's weird?" Dolos said and lifted the cookie up to the light. "Food."

Nemesis crunched up her face and sighed; "What?"

"Food." Dolos said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I mean we don't technically need to eat it? Right?"

"Right." Apate agreed and shrugged; "So?"

"So why do we?" He countered.

"I don't know. It's good? Why do we sleep too?" Eris proposed and Dolos nodded his head, acknowledging her point.

"Huh. I propose an experiment!" He lifted the cookie up and smiled broadly.

The whole table groaned.

"Oh, come on! Don't be like that!" He yelled, but his grin only grew in size. "Let's see how long we can holdout without eating anything?"

"No." Hypnos said curtly and shot him a look. "Why not?" Dolos asked and deflated like a balloon with a puncture.

"Because it's stupid." Nemesis said and Eris quickly agreed; "And pointless."

"How so?" My youngest brother asked with a snarky tone.

Eris shrugged; "Because we all know we'd be fine without food. I mean, it'll be painful for the first few months, but it's not like we'll die."

"That's not what I mean, idiot." Dolos scoffed and rolled his yes; "I meant let's see who breaks first! Who can't resist food?"

"Okay." I sighed and leaned over to pick up a chocolate cookie. I bit into it; "There. I lose. Damn."

Eris and Nemesis chuckled, but Dolos wasn't too impressed. "You guys suck..."

"Come on, let's face it." Momus said as he leaned back and smirked; "Thanatos wouldn't last a day without food."

I chuckled lamely; "You know, in any other event, I would definitely challenge you and prove you very wrong, but when it comes to food..." I swallowed the rest of the cookie. "I find myself less concerned."

"It's a wonder you aren't fat." Eris said with a sly grin. I jolted my shoulder, causing her head to pump up and down. She playfully slapped me back.

The conversation continued, but I suddenly noticed that Moros had been nursing the same cookie for the past few minutes, deep in thought. I wanted to involve him. I mean, my brother was ever the last one to talk. He was so light-hearted and lively, but this man sitting here, at the table- he was far from the man I grew up with.

"What do you think, Mo?" I asked and the other's eyes all shifted to our brother's. Moros' eyes snapped up to mine with surprise and he was momentarily caught off-guard.

"About what?" He asked hesitantly.

"The food?" Dolos said with an obvious tone.

Moros mouth opened, but nothing came out. I quickly interjected; "No one should have to life without the pleasure of food, right?"

"Right, right... yeah." He nodded and agreed quickly, eager to have all the eyes away from him.

I felt my heart drop. If indeed this story had a happy ending, I had a feeling the brother that I once knew, was partly gone forever.

"How do I look?" Eleos walked into the kitchen with a pastel lilac dress and her short hair neatly tied up in a bun. She twirled around and giggled.

Everyone's faces lit up at our little sister, but of course, Dolos had to have the first word; "Like a beautiful little flower."

She smacked him upside the head, but her smile quickly returned. "Ouch!" He mumbled and rubbed at the spot where she'd hit him. Apate chuckled and grabbed Eleos' hand; "Angelic, El."

Eris lifted her head from my shoulder and narrowed her eyes. "Is that my dress?"

"No." Eleos said sternly, but her look faltered at the end as she looked down at Nemesis sitting in front of her. "It's Nema's." She whispered.

Nemesis looked up from the table and peered over her shoulder; "Fine by me. I never wear it."

"Why don't I get to use your clothes?" Eris moaned and Nemesis looked up with an annoyed glance; "Because you always make fun of them?"

"Oh, right..." Eris grinned and chuckled as she leaned back in her chair.

"You look beautiful." I said and smiled at Eleos, but then my smile dropped just as quickly. "Too beautiful. Take it off."

Eleos rolled her eyes and Momus grinned at me from the side; "Relax, she'll be fine. We're there too, you know?"

"You two will be too distracted by your fake breasts to notice what's going on." I grumbled, but Hypnos and Momus just shook their heads. They both stood up from the table and bid us farewell.

"Well, aren't you going to change?" Dolos asked and lifted his brow. He meant that they should change into their disguises. A look of panic flashed across Momus' face. Hypnos smirked; "We'll change outside."

Everyone stood up from the table. Even Moros.

Momus and Hypnos' faces fell.

There was no way in hell that any one of us was going to miss this...

Eris grabbed the last cookie and tossed it to Eleos; "Lead the way, gents. Or should I say, ladies?"

One last episode of some normality...

Prepare for a rupture.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.4M 35.8K 106
Because my unhealthy teenage obsession with Nico Di Angelo and the rest of HOO is really getting out of hand....... ~~~ These are just one sh...
25 2 16
Mia Tao's life in small-town South Carolina is ordinary. She dreams of studying fashion design in New York, and, occasionally, of kissing her best fr...
1.7K 123 25
*Book 4 in the Fated Four series* *Inspired by the Morai (the Three Fates) of Greek Mythology* ~*~ "Weave your dreams with emotions and follow them t...
222 39 39
"Without hope there is no tomorrow. Without darkness there is no light. Without her there is no him" She only wanted to sing on New Yorks stages but...