Meant Alone

By floralpoetry

Ellie Manixa is a 19 year old girl, fresh out of high school. She is super sweet and so innocent contrary to... More

C a s t
P r e f a c e
3 6 h o u r s
2 6 h o u r s
I n T h e N e x t 6 H o u r s
T h e E v e n t
D o w n h i l l
D i n n e r
O v e r d r i v e
I n v a s i o n

M y h o u s e

5 0 0
By floralpoetry

Ellie:

My dad tried to explain what happened with light details but i was ending up very confused.

"Listen baby, all you need to know is some bad people caught you running and panicked" he tells me. Xander keeps peaking back towards us with his hands in his pockets.

"You're lying to me. Or- Withholding the truth, for better words" i complain. "You know i don't like being lied to, dad" i get angry.

"You don't need to know the details, honey. it's not going to happen again" he shakes his hands

"It doesn't matter. It happened to me and i deserve to know" i frown

"How about i have Xander take you to see Lauren and Mel at The Winkle like you were supposed to and we can talk about it later?"  he tries to negotiate.

"Dad, seriously?"

"Promise. Later, please. I have some stuff to do." he grabs my shoulders.

"Fine. As long as you promise to tell me"

"Promise baby." he kissed my forehead and hugged me. "Now Xander, i trust you'll get her to The Winkle safely." Xander nods.

We take a back entrance that goes into a small empty bar and we exit out the doors.

We stay quiet until we reach his black suburban that i recognized.

"Oh my god" i scream

"What? What? What? What's wrong?" he rushes back over to the passenger side and places his hands on my waist to turn me around.

"Oh. Uhm. I just remembered something." he turns away. "I'm sorry" i breathe out

"No it's okay." he goes back to the driver seat.

It's silent until he breaks it "So what did you remember?"

"Oh uhm. I went out shopping with my step-brother the friday before the event and i almost ran into you- Well, your car" i laugh

"Oh wow. I guess that was you." he chuckled.

"I'm usually really safe i swear"

"Something tells me that's a lie" he laughed again when i got a phone call

"Oh. Hey Aunt Lauren. I'm on my way" i tell her.

"Oh baby, i'm going to have to cancel today. Quinn had an allergic reaction to something and Tom is on the way to the hospital. I'm sorry honey. I'm dropping Mel off at home. Is someone there to collect her?" she asks.

"Well yeah, i can be on my way home now. Be there in 10."

"Thank you. I'm sorry again. I love you and i'll see you later." she finishes

"No problem. I love you too"

"Well, i guess i'm going home now" i sigh

"Alright, but i'm gonna have to stay"

"No that's not necessary. Mel doesn't do very well with strangers." i explain to him.

"Well, it's not safe for either of you two to be alone right now and i would actually die if he found out i left you alone."

"Oh come on. I can handle myself." i tell him

"Yeah. Everyone thinks that until they can't." he raises his eyebrows.

I slam back in my seat and cross my arms. "This is stupid."

"You can think that but your life is my responsibility and if you lose yours, i lose mine as well"

"You're over exaggerating. I'm not fragile" i laugh annoyed

"I don't doubt you are cupcake" he winks with one hand on the wheel and i slam back into my seat.

¥¥¥

We arrived at my house in a little over ten minutes after the very awkward and silent ride.

"I'm just going to go change. Call me if she gets here" i nod as i walk up my stairs

I go upstairs and change into some more comfortable clothes. I changed into a grey bralette and grey cutoff shorts and tie my hair into a bun.

I grab my phone and i'm about to go back downstairs when i hear small, rushed footsteps run up the stairs followed with a cry i recognize easily as my sister.

I run to the stairs quickly and i meet her at the top to wrap her in my arms.

"What baby, what?" i frantically ask but she just continues to cry.

Xander appeared at the bottom of the steps and i am clearly angry "What did you do?"

"She didn't knock, she just ran in" he tried to explain

"That's because it's her house, you were supposed to watch for her" i spit through my teeth

"I'm sorry" i roll my eyes

"Hey baby" i pull her away and wipe her tears "It's ok. I know him and so does daddy alright. His name is uhm Alex and he's a friend of mine." i explain to her.

"He's big and scary" she whined

"He's not so scary." i mouth for him to smile and he complies "Look" i point to him.

She giggled and spoke again "I'm hungry. I didn't get to order before Auntie dropped me off here"

"Of course baby. What do you want?" i hold her hand and walk her down the stairs and set her on the stool by the counter.

"Nuggets aaaaaand tots" she tells me.

"Alrighty." i wink at her

"Lexiiiiii" she calls out. When no one answers, she yells it a second time.

Alex wanders in to see why she's yelling and she finally reveals why she's yelling.

"Lexi, will you push me on the swing while Lizzie makes my lunch?" i chuckle when i realize she is referring to Xander as Lexi and he just rolls his eyes

"Of course honey" he reaches his hand out to help her jump from her seat. She runs outside to our porch where her swing hangs and he lifts her onto it and starts pushing her.

I cut up the chicken into squares and put them into the deep fryer and the tater tots into the next one.

I finish the food right when Mel hops back off her swing and pushes the door open again. Xander helps her back up onto the bar chair and i place her plate in front of her.

"So, i guess Lexi's not that bad then?" i say when i know he's within range of hearing me.

"Yup. He made me go really high. Higher than Harley can push me even." she says with chicken in her mouth and ketchup on the side of her lips.

"Wow. How's the chicken?" i ask her

"Perfect. Thanks Sissy" she smiles and i slip her a napkin.

She finishes her lunch and goes to her playroom down the hall.

Me and Xander talked lightly as i cleaned up. I was washing the dishes when Xander stopped me.

"Shh." i stop and we can hear clanking in the front room

"It's probably just my dad. I can get it." i walk towards the door

"Ellie, no" he stopped me halfway

"Stop. You're overreacting." i shake my head and turn the handle when a man with light brown hair barges through the door, making me fall tot he floor. Before i could realize what was happening, there was a black barrel staring at me in my eyes.

A/N: Ouuuu. First cliff hanger of the boook!! Won't wanna miss the next chapter:)

Stay Beautiful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 38.7K 71
Elena Adams has had a rough life. Her mother left her after the death of her sister and her brother never comes around. She's left alone with her dru...
Mad Temptation By KalyxIole

Mystery / Thriller

186 28 36
For years, Aubrey Evergreen. Wants to investigate who killed her parents. But years after, she believed that they were killed in a car accident. Now...
45.2K 1.8K 33
🥉🥉Third Place in 'New Adult' Platinum Award 2020🥉🥉 Book 1 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. Blurb: Shania Jakes has been through a life of...
8.8K 379 51
After Elizabeth Ronnie Swan watches her mother sacrifice herself for the safety of her five year old daughter, Ellie suddenly finds herself being car...