I Wish (punk harry styles)

By harrys_babe4ever

Intro Hi. This is a story about a 17 year old girl named Riley Nomes. She has long blonde hair and blue eyes... More

The beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 1

55 0 0
By harrys_babe4ever

"TYLER" I'm pissed now

He ignores me. I'm about to explode. School starts in 20 minutes and it's a 30 minute drive.

He finally comes down the stairs. He actually brushed his hair. He has shaggy brown hair, he's wearing ripped skinny jeans and a large t-shirt.

"What the hell took you so long!" My dad shouts

"I had to look good for Lori" he responds. Lori is Tyler's girlfriend. They have been dating for a week and they claim to be "in love".

Ugh. Doesn't that word just make you want to throw up? I've never believed in love. Can you blame me? My parents fight every other day and no boy is attracted to me. I've never had a boyfriend, I don't want one either.

Ever.

I'm finally arrived at school. My brother and I get out and I look at my phone. It's 8:00am. The final bell just rang.

"Crap" I say and run into the school an get to my locker. I open my locker and this note fell out. I unfold the note:

"I hope your last day of school goes good beautiful. Can we meet up after school today at the library? Then you can find out who your secret admirer is ;)

Love,

Your future boyfriend"

What? Secret admirer? I've never had one before. I fold the note back up and put it in my back pack realizing I'm still late. I grab my books and make my way to my Ecology class. Mr. Franklin is that one teacher you don't wanna mess with.

I just approached the door. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I know what's gonna happen. Mr. Franklin is going to give me crap about me being late and the class is going to stare at me like I killed 10 people.

I knock on the door and try to open it. But of course it's locked. So I awkwardly stand Infront of the small window and watch Mr. Franklin approach the door.

"Ms Nome? I don't see your pass?"

Oh no. Now the whole class is staring and listening to our conversation. I'm so embarrassed, I can feel my whole

Face turning red.

"Um Mr. Franklin? Can we talk about this after class?"

I can see my best friend laughing at me. Her name is Tammy. She has blonde hair and green eyes. She's a little on the big side but she's the best friend I can ask for.

She starts to make stupid faces at me, and I start to giggle.

"Is something funny?" Mr Franklin asked.

"Oh no, I just um.... Nothing"

"Ms. Nome, where's your pass"

"Oh um well i missed the bus this morning and I had to wait for my brother and then-" he cut me off before I could finish explaining"

"Enough excuses, no pass means detention after school today".

"What?! No no mr Franklin if you would just please listen to my-"

"Please take a seat"

He never listens. I walk over to my seat with my face red and I glare at Tammy. She of course giggles and mouths "sorry".

I sit down and day dream the rest of

Class. I'm just going to spare you the details of the rest of my day.

I get to my locker and I grabbed my homework and mr Franklin came up behind me and tapped my shoulder.

"Detention in my room".

Oh crap I totally forgot.

"Oh right".

I grabbed my back pack and followed him to his room. I've never been to detention before. I'm not sure what to expect?

I walk into the room and surprisingly, it's just me.

"Is it just me?"

"Yes"

Great... Alone with mr Franklin.

I dig into my back pack to get my Algebra 2 home work. I grabbed this piece of paper instead. What is this?

I unfolded it.

CRAP!!! I was suppose to meet my secret admirer right now!!! I can feel my face go completely white.

"Mr Franklin, I have to go to the bathroom".

"You can wait 15 minutes".

"Ummm no I can't. I need-"

"If you say one more word its gonna be an extra 15 minutes".

Oh my god I can't believe this is happening... Wait? Why do I care? I don't believe in love... But what is this achy feeling in my stomach?

...

I can't stop staring at the clock.

It's finally been 15 minutes. The longest 15 minutes of my life. I look at my phone and I had 10 missed calls from mom.

Wow.

Should I be worried?

Ill call her back later. I need to go the library first!

I sprint to the library and as i turn the corner, there was someone else coming, i accidentally run into a boy Ive never seen before. I actually feel over and landed on my back. This is so embarrassing.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, I didn't see yo-"

"Shut the hell up, if you ever run into me like that again, You won't ever come back to this school!" He stomps away.

Jesus i said I was sorry... Who was that? He had curly brown hair and these beautiful green eyes. He had tattoos all over his body and a lip piercing.

I was puzzled. It was like running into a brick wall, he didnt even tip over a little. I felt stupid that I feel and he didnt even move.

But I got up and walked to the library and of course... He was gone... I'm such a loser.

I decide to call my mom back

"Hey mom you-"

"Honey come home now, something is happening... Something that you won't like.." And she hung up.

I tried calling her again and again but she wouldn't answer.

How am I suppose to get home? I can't drive, my family can't afford for me to get my license. So I call my dad.

"Dad? Can you pick me up?"

"Uh um oh yea... Sure honey... Ill be there in 20 minutes..." He sounded like he was crying?

I've never seen my dad cry.

...

I just sit on the curb of my school waiting for my dad to pull up. I'm trying to think of who my secret admirer could be?

My dad pulls up and I get in the car.

"Hey, when I called you, you sounded upset"

"Can we talk about It when we get home?"

"Oh sure but mom called and wouldn't-"

"I DON'T WANNA TALK RIGHT NOW SO IF YOU COULD BE QUIET FOR 5 MINUTES PLEASE" he snaps.

Well damn. I actually jumped at his yelling. I stay quiet the rest of the car ride home and look out the window.

When I got home there was a "U-haul" in our driveway. What is going on?

I quickly get out of the car to see my mom crying.

"Mom, what's going on?"

"Your father and i... Won't be together anymore...."

What...

"Mom.. No.." I can feel my eyes starting to fill with tears. I knew they fought a lot but I never knew it would come to this.

"It gets-" she choked on her own words with tears.

"It gets worse..." She finally finishes.

"How could it get worse" I'm starting to bawl.

"You and I will be moving to Wisconsin. Your brother stays here with Roger". Roger is my fathers name.

"What? I didn't say I wanted to leave. Why isn't Tyler coming with us? Why are we going so far away? Why can't I stay with dad and Tyler?" I have so many questions. My head can't process all of this.

"Your fater and i have been planning on going our separate ways for a while now... We went to court and the judge decided that you come with me and Tyler stays with Roger, your father and I wanted both of you... But the judge thought it would be best if we each got one of you..."

I'm so hurt. My heart is breaking. I don't know what to think. I push my mom aside and run inside going up to my room to lay on my bed.

Right as I got to my room, everything was out of my room. My room was completely empty. I can't hold my tears back anymore. I'm now bawling in my empty room.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look behind me and it's Tyler. You wouldn't believe how fast I hugged him

"We're going to stay in touch right?" He whispers in my ear.

I try to respond but Im crying so much that's I can't speak.

"Of co-ourse"

"I love you Riley"

Why did he say that. Now Im not going to be able to stop crying.

"I love you Tyler."

We stand in my empty room hugging for about 5 minutes until I hear my dad yell.

"Riley, I have something for you".

I release my brother and walk down the stairs slowly.

My dad is holding a small box.

"Here, I want you to have this, to remember me".

I open the box and I find this beautiful necklace that has my name on it. It's really shinny, he knew Ioved shinny things. I didn't even realize I was crying again until my dad wrapped his arms around me.

"Take care" he whispered.

"Honey, it's 4:30 lets go". I hear my mom yell.

I'm In shock. Where leaving right now?!? What!? No no?! I didn't even get to say goodbye to Tammy. I can't leave yet.

"Mom, I'm not leaving today. This is too soon and I didn't even get to say goodbye to Ta-". Then I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see it's Tammy.

"How did you know?" I ask her

"Your mom texted me... I've been here since after school... I didn't know your detention was going to be so long. When you came home I was in the bathroom so I didn't know you were home. Well, until now..."

I'm bawling now... I can't believe this is happening. I hug Tammy so hard that she actually yelped cause I must of surprised her. I didn't want to let go.

"Honey... It's time"

I let go of Tammy. "We will stay in touch right?"

"Of course, best friends forever right?" Her eyes start to water.

"Best friends for life".

I walk towards the U-haul and get inside. Who knew it would only take my family 7 hours to pack... I can't believe I'm leaving so soon..

How is this possible?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

940 3 46
Harry is 16 years old, almost 17 and has to start a new school in the middle of the schoolyear. Harry has a tough time fitting in. At every school he...
37.7K 943 85
Started: April 2023, Completed: April 2024 Riley looked forward to college solely for the chance to start fresh. Healing and growing was Riley's only...
376K 7.9K 32
Harry [18] , a jock, plays any sport he can, hottest guy in school. He's of course popular and girls will do anything to get to him and have him in b...
16.4K 199 27
When Liam makes the bold decision of taking time off touring in America to visit the 14 year old, who Megan claims to be his daughter, on her 15th bi...