Mischievous

Par Kameo1024

Loki wasn't always evil. Ten years before he tried to take over the Earth, things were going better than they... Plus

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Epilogue

Prologue

6.7K 149 145
Par Kameo1024

        Once upon a time, there was a prince. His biggest dream was to become the king of his home, Asgard. It sounds super easy, right? He's prince; he automatically becomes king. Well, he had some competition. His brother, Thor, was a charmer. He charmed his father, mother, other kids, and when he was older, other ladies.

        Drabbed in black and green, the prince would try to become better than his brother. Unfortunately, his best ideas involved trickery and lies, what he excelled at, but others looked down upon. Even as a child, he dug himself a deep grave, destroying his reputation. The only one that still cared about him was his mother.

        His mother taught him all the magic she knew from duplicating himself, to creating illusions. She helped him become the man you know today. A murderer, crazed, self-absorbed fool who ruined his life for a crown, but there was a moment in his life when he could have avoided this fate when he met Eira.

⚬ ⚬ ⚬

        In a tiny house on the edge of Asgard, lived a young lady by the name Eira Raulsdóttir. Her curly, brown hair was bouncing up and down on her shoulders in excitement as her parents told her they were going to see the royal family. She'd always wanted to see Odin and Frigga, the king and queen, but their other son Loki, who was known for his mischief intrigued her.

        The next day, they began their walk to the palace. When they arrived, the trio was overwhelmed by the towering gold spires reaching into the sky. From every angle, they shined and glistened. Eira was overjoyed and even though she wanted to be here, was anxious to get back home and tell all her friends. However, she was in for a surprise when her parents alerted her to the real reason why they were here.

        A ball had been scheduled for that night, in the hopes that the two princes would try to find someone to court. Everyone was bound to be going after Thor, but her parents knew she had feelings for Loki, even if she had to hide them to avoid being teased. No one liked the prince that was obsessed with the throne, at least that's what the royal family thought.

        Eira's parents weren't wealthy, but they were willing to do anything for their daughter. They bought her a black dress that shimmered in the moonlight with a slit by her right knee. Her mother urged her to put make-up on, claiming it would enhance her look and make her seem more appealing, but Eira objected. She asked what the point of someone liking her for her appearance was; she cared more about personality.

⚬ ⚬ ⚬

        Loki was sulking in the corner of the ballroom. He was certain that every lady of Asgard had come, and they were all trying to get Thor's attention. A girl about his age came up beside him, glancing at him with her soft brown eyes.

        "Why aren't you trying to get a piece of all the action?" she asked, looking over to the mob of people surrounding the God of Thunder.

        "Why aren't you over there with the rest of them?" Loki jeered.

        "He's not my type. I prefer someone a little quieter? I don't know, being deaf for the rest of my life just so I can call myself his? The cons outweigh the pros."

        "You're probably the only one here who thinks that," he scoffed, laughing a little. He enjoyed the fact that someone other than himself was belittling his brother. "But I don't believe you."

        Loki turned to the girl, eyeing her black dress. His emerald eyes gleamed in the light of the ballroom, and she looked him in the face.

        "Then I guess I won't ask you for a dance as I had planned to," she teased, turning to walk away.

        He was shocked, though he only showed it for a moment. The only person who had ever asked him for a dance was his mother in an attempt to make him not feel left out, but it never worked. So when this mysterious lady offered some of her time for him, he didn't know how to respond. Coming back to his senses, he placed his hand on her shoulder, and she looked back.

        "I'd be honored too," Loki told her, and they made their way to the center of the room.

        "I apologize in advance for any broken toes caused by my poor dancing," she joked.

        A light waltz came on, and Loki wrapped one arm around her back, using his left to hold her right hand. She placed her left on his shoulder, and they began.

⚬ ⚬ ⚬

        Frigga gasped when she looked up to see her son dancing with someone other than her. Gracefully traveling across the floor was Loki along with a girl she had never seen before, she didn't live close to the palace, or Frigga would have known who she was. It was one of her greatest prides knowing the names of the citizens that entered and exited her halls.

        She tapped Odin lightly on his knee, pointing over in the pair's direction. A smile graced Odin's lips, and he rose from his throne. His subjects bowed to him as he walked to his least favorite son. With a wave of his hands, the band began to end the song.

        "Loki, my son," Odin bellowed, grabbing the attention of everyone around them. "I don't believe you've introduced me to this young lady before."

        Loki tensed up at the sight of his father, and Eira removed her hand from Loki's shoulders curtsying to the King of Asgard. He looked at Eira realizing he didn't honestly know who she was.

        "I'm afraid I'm just as unaware as you are, father. I fear I never asked her for her name," he said.

        "Eira, Eira Raulsdóttir," she answered, knowing that a happy king meant a happy people.

        "A peasant then," Odin asked, looking over her.

        "Correct, my liege," Eira stammered.

        The night had been going along so perfectly, just for Odin to ruin it. Eira had managed to make Loki smile, not smirk, a difficult feat. She knew no prince was going to want a woman that came from nothing. Loki glanced at her, a sad look in his eyes. He knew his father was relentless, no matter how much he had enjoyed her company that night, Odin wouldn't care.

        "No matter, Raulsdóttir," said Odin. "It would be rude for me not to thank the lady that helped my son be happy if only for a night."

        His response was astonishing; it was expected for a king to desire the best woman for his son, even if the general public didn't like him.

        "I hope you'll accept my invitation for your family to stay in the palace for the rest of the week," he continued.

        "Of course. Thank you! I'll alert my parents right away," Eira exclaimed, and almost ran out of the ballroom until she remembered what was proper.

        "I wish you both a wonderful night," she said and curtsied once again this time to Odin and Loki, and then took off to find her parents.

⚬ ⚬ ⚬

        Due to the success of that night, Eira and Loki had the chance to become better 'friends'. Near the end of the week, he decided he would officially court her, and their relationship took off. Within a year he proposed, and within another, they would have been wed if the unexpected didn't occur. Eira had become pregnant, and all of the respect she had gained in her time in the palace disappeared. Asgardians didn't take lightly to kids before vows. They believed that if a couple had kids before they were married, then the relationship didn't mean anything.

        Loki was the only one there to comfort her on nights that used to be spent with friends, friends that didn't exist anymore. Time went by, and instead of drifting apart as expected, the two grew closer together. A few months in, Eira was offered the ability to know if her child would be a boy or girl, she passed deciding that she'd rather be surprised.

        When she finally went into labor, it was a chilly night, December 21st, 2001 in Midgard to be exact. Eir, Asgardian's well-known healer, along with Loki stayed beside her and helped give birth to the child. Loki only saw black hair and green eyes when his father Odin appeared out of nowhere and took the kid from him, leaving him and Eira childless.

        Odin headed towards Heimdall's post; the baby swaddled in emerald in his hands.

        "Heimdall!" He yelled, "Open the Bifrost to Midgard!"

⚬ ⚬ ⚬

        Eira was enraged and locked herself in her room, grabbing her dress from the night she first met Loki. If Odin wouldn't let her live her life, then she wouldn't give him one to mess with. She walked over to one of the golden posts of her bed just as she heard someone pounding on her door.

        "Eira," Loki called, "Let me in, I didn't know Odin would do this. I'm just as upset as you are, if not more."

        But, by the time he managed to open the door, she was already lost, hung by the dress he had first met her in. That's when all hope was truly lost for him. There was no going back to the happiness he had felt during his time with her, and it was all his father's fault. His anger towards Odin grew when he discovered that he had been lied to about his heritage all his life. Loki was broken and only had one way to show it, rage.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

10.3K 495 14
I took his hands in mine frantically, causing his eyes to meet mine. "Then hand over the Tesseract and come home, Loki. Please." "I can't." H...
497 12 20
Loki Fanfiction starts from Thor: TDW mostly takes time in Ragnarok and will continue from then on. I know what it's like to die so bring me back to...
60.3K 2.1K 26
Light Elves are pure, innocent beings, right? Wrong. Or, at least, not in Y/n's case. Much like Loki, she was born to be the Princess of Alfheim, but...
2.6K 174 21
Loki was back in his cell after being discovered by Thor. He saw horrible things but had no way of escaping and helping his family. He is sadder and...