Find me

By fangirlnivi

Alice is a simple girl and she is far away from the reality that she is not just a normal girl but a leader o... More

Part 1/ Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
PART 2 / Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Part 3/ Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Part 4/ Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chaper 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88

Chapter 12

88 20 0
By fangirlnivi

Next morning, new day, new hope, a new chance for getting away from all those problems, every morning I woke up in hope that this morning might change everything. But nothing changed.
I'm in class, waiting for Professor Verona.
I haven't talked to Laura since yesterday. I know that was my fault. I shouldn't have talked to her like that. And I'm angry with myself for hurting her. I feel really bad and honestly, I don't know how to face her. Or say that I AM SORRY FOR HURTING YOU. PLEASE FORGIVE ME. But this two-line sentence felt like giving a presentation in front of the entire campus. I shut my eyes, and exhale deeply, thinking about how to talk to her until the door opens and Professor Verona walks in.

"Good morning class" she greeted us. She looked pretty in her white shirt and black skirt which was tightened on her waist and wore a black scarf around her neck which made her feature more beautiful.

She continue "Today we are going to discuss ancient stone. The precious stone which you guys had never heard before" she paused, flipping pages "Okay, so everyone open page no. 162." When we all turned the page to 162, she continued "As you guys can see. Our ancestors found this precious stone". She is walking around the room, watching us, making eye contact with each of us while explaining.
But I can't concentrate, part of me doesn't want to because first, I need to find out whether I belong here or not and second, why did they send me here?

My thought breaks when somebody tapped right on my desk, I turned and Verona was glaring down at me. Shit. I'm dead now.
"You seem distracted. May I ask, why?" She asked.
"It's not like that. I was just trying to....learn everything".
"Oh I see. Can you tell me where they found it?".
"Found what?"
"The stone"
I clear my throat, "Oh, Ummm...." trying to remember but nothing comes out because I haven't listened properly. Now I have a fluttery feeling in my stomach. What do I do now? She'll kick me out if I won't answer her.
I was surprised when Laura answered for me." On the mountain".
She'd saved me again like always. I turned to watch her. But she isn't looking at me. I frowned.
Verona watched Laura from the corner of her eyes but didn't say anything as she walks back.

I lean forwards resting my face on my hand, trying not to distract myself this time. Otherwise, she'll definitely kick me out without any second thought.

Verona continued "This stone is very powerful, no one can endure its power in his human form" she pause "But Fae can. And then he'll become the most powerful Fae that nobody can defeat. This stone was found by one of Orion's members which were further handed over to Orion Queen. She gave a name to this -Grim Rock. She kept it in her palace, safe under the eyes of powerful Orions. She was unfamiliar with its power but she knew this is precious and our enemy- 'The Maligns' will definitely come to take it, and as she thought they dwell in the castle. They came to steal it. But Fae leaders never let that happen. She fought back. She killed every Malign and locked their queen in prison". She paused and tilted her face towards me but didn't say anything. She must be checking on me whether I'm paying attention or not.

She removed her gaze and there was a bit of silence and then, in a cold, robotic voice, she continue "Grim Rock - the symbol of unbreakable power".

"Where is it now ?" somebody asked from the front row.
She lifted her eyebrows "Queen of Orion make it hidden somewhere, so it'll never end up in the wrong hand".
"How do we discriminate between real and fake ones?" A girl from the back asked.
She smirks "Well, that's a very good question miss. Can I know your name".
"It's Sophie".
"So, miss Sophie the Grim Rock is unbreakable and it will glow under the moonlight".
"Oh, that's cool" Sophie beamed at Verona.

After an hour of boring lecture. Finally, it's over and she dismisses us.
I pull up from my seat, grab my bag and run toward Laura before she walks out.
"Hey, Laura, can we talk?" I say from behind. Her back is on me.
She turned "Yeah, sure," she say in a flat, monotone voice. She doesn't look like herself. The crazy fun-loving, adoring Laura seems missing. Am I the reason behind this?
After a moment of awkward silence, I speak "It's a lovely day. Isn't it?"
She stares at me for a bit "Is that what you want to talk about?".
"Ummm.....No, actually," I release a heavy sigh "Look, I know I messed up because I was stupid. I shouldn't have talked to you like that. You're my only friend and I suppose to believe in you which I hadn't. And I am extremely sorry for that. And trust me, I really mean it". I frown.

I pause, examining her expression. "And I promise, I won't talk about him at all. He's a jerk. No. He's a first-class, egotistical, overbearing, bad-tempered jerk." I add.
And this is when she laughs, an actual laugh. It's like, I'm watching this after a very long time. Finally, I made it.
"Yes, he is" she replied, still laughing at my statement. She pull me into a hug, a long, warm hug "God, it's been really hard for not talking to you".
And I smiled.

~~~~~~~~

The rest of the weekend goes quickly and luckily I hadn't thought about Dorian. Maybe because he didn't show up after that.
I sprinted across the hallway, way to my class, Because damn, I'm late, hoping that Miss Morgan hasn't arrived yet. I should have slept early last night because it's impossible to up early in the morning when you sleep at 2 am.

I turned left from the hallway to the corridor when someone shout "Hey wait.... Watch it". But too late. I bumped right into someone, faltering back, and my whole body hit the ground "Holy crap" I curse, removing my hair from my face. I tilted my face up. A tall boy with broad shoulders glanced down at me. I can see his smirked face. He raised his hand for me but I jerk it off and stood by myself.

In bright sunlight, I saw his face fully. It was flawless, confident to his core "I am sorry ... if it's hurt" he apologized.
I scoff "Of course, it hurts. What the hell are you doing in the middle of the path?"
His smile widened. "I was just walking.."
I cut him off "This is not a park where you wandering around".
Suddenly, it hit me that I was getting late for my class. Shit. I run. I can't argue with him, not right now.

I heard him shout from my behind "Hey, I'm sorry" but I can't stop now.

Thankfully, I reach on time. Miss Verona hasn't arrived yet. I take my seat next to Laura.

"Where you have been?" Laura asked

"Nothing, I woke up late " she replied.

"Oh.... Be on time, Miss Morgan doesn't like when students come late to her class".

As we were talking, Miss Morgan entered "Good morning class" she greeted. When I saw her, she's looking elegant in her black coat and skirt, had light makeup on her face, her hair pulled up into a bun. She gestured towards me, giving me a short smile. So, I smiled back.

I noticed, that one figure swept through the door. I tried not to gape. He was the same boy whom I met just a few minutes before but didn't see him closely, He was a tall, handsome boy is difficult to ignore. He stop at the door "May I come in Miss" he asked.
Verona narrowed her eyes as if trying to recognize him " You look new ?" she asked and lingered towards him.

He smiled "Yeah I recently got my admission here".

There was something effortlessly fashionable about him - his dark straight-leg jeans were tailored to break perfectly above expensive leather boots that probably cost more than my entire wardrobe, and he wore a designer T-shirt. I recognised that I wasn't the only one hopelessly distracted. I noticed how all the girls in the classroom had fallen for him and looked a lot hungrier that they have never seen someone like this before. I don't blame them. The boy was like something out of a Hollywood movie. He caught my gaze. I quickly dropped my gaze, feeling embarrassed that how was I looking at him.

"Oh, please come in," Verona said "I hope you'll enjoy my class," she said and grinned.

"Thank you and I will" he replied with a smile and without glancing over me, he slid in, giving his same annoyed smirks. He moved toward us, keeping his attention on the vacant seat in the third row beside us, looking him that close, making him younger than I expected - still older than me, maybe. His chestnut brown hair was properly styled by gel, he tilted towards me, and his almond-shaped green eyes looked more clear than before, but I dropped my gaze and looked away. He turned back, and I could see his smirk from the corner of his mouth.

After forty minutes of lecture, finally, the bell rang, and the class got over. I stood up, grabbing my things. When I heard him.

"Hey," he says. I turned and he is just a few inches away from me that I stumbled backwards to avoid hitting on him again.

He continued "Sorry for today" and slightly moved back "I didn't see you coming" meeting my gaze "Actually, I was searching my class and then suddenly you came and then...." He paused, and raked his hand through his hair " You know what happened next".
I rolled my eyes, and folded my hands in front of my chest "It's Okay".
Beside me, Laura was already smirking and I could feel that.

He lifted his eyebrows, must be calculating. After a moment, he continued "By the way, I'm Taylor Luke. You guys can call me Luke if you want".

"Alice Stewart and this is my friend, Laura"

"Hey... Laura Evans, Welcome to Silver Divine" Laura correct me and shake hands with him.

"It is really pleasant meeting you guys. See you then" he said and then turned on his heel, and went out of the room.

As he walked out, Laura shoot " You guys meet before?"
I nodded 'Yes'.
"Holy shit. When did that happen?"

"While coming here" I replied and grabbed my bag to leave.
She nodded.
While walking down the stairs, "By the way he is too hot" she adds while giggling.

I rolled my eyes "Please God. No".
And she laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23 0 1
A simple, smart red-head girl who lives a normal life even after realizing she has super powers, discovers that she is in fact a princess from anothe...
24 0 22
An invisible everyday hero, Alice is just a girl who wants to enjoy life no matter how dangerous and weird it is. When Alice's uncanny activities pro...
58 0 36
They're anything but normal.... Alessandra Faye is her name, she's a strong fighter but can let her emotions in the way. When their past puts her fa...
734 40 32
Alice was a normal high school girl. She was shy, fun and full of energy, one day something happened. Which she thought wasn't possible and that's lo...