The Red Lounge

By aconst

[18+ only, Mature Content] Highest Ranked: #1 Hot He exhaled deeply and shook his head. "I didnt mean to hur... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Visuals
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Visuals II
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Book Two
Fun Idea?
question?
Beta Readers Needed!

Chapter 31

12.3K 394 28
By aconst

"Chilling in the apartment, binge watching Schitts Creek, popcorn and candy, what can go wrong?" Xavier asked, handing me the bowl of popcorn.

There was a knock at the door and I whipped my head in nervousness.

"Its just pizza," Xavier informed with a soft voice.

"I feel like a fragile doll that you guys need to handle with care. I'm really sorry about the way I've been acting," I sighed, looking down at the bowl.

"Babe, don't worry about it. We all have our days," pia sympathized. "We just want to make sure you're okay."

"Thanks guys, you're all the best."

"We know," they replied in unison.

We all laid somewhat uncomfortably on the same couch but the fact that I was surrounded by people that loved me overrode any physical uncomfort.

We were about 5 episodes into season one when my phone vibrated. I reached over for it, expecting to have received a junk email from GWU but it was actually a PayPal notification. I had received $2,000 from Elijah.

My eyes widen and I maneuvered my way out of the couch to open the actual notification in my room. "I'll be back," I mumbled.

I sat on the edge of the bed and opened up the notification to get more details. There was a chance Elijah wrote a note.

1st week of payment & a bit more.
Take care, baby.

I stared at my phone is disbelief. Had it really just been one week with Elijah? I threw myself on the bed and gazed at the ceiling. The week had been so jam packed with people, emotions, and chaos that it had felt like it's been a month. Also, I didn't expect Elijah to pay me since I was his girlfriend now and not a sugar baby. I thought we were going to discuss jobs at some point.

Morena:
Thanks for the payment. You didn't have to do that.

There was an instant reply.

Elijah:
We agreed there will be a payment every Friday, and you're welcome.

Morena:
Yes, but if I was your sugar baby. I'm your girlfriend. People don't pay for girlfriends.

Elijah:
I want to take care of my girlfriend.

I placed my phone over my chest and sighed. He was still my boyfriend and I was still his girlfriend regardless of this break. The problem wasn't him, the problem was me. There would be no reason for me to permanently break up with him. If anything, I'm the problematic one and he should be breaking up with me.

I decided to call him. I wanted to hear his voice.

"Morena," he replied, happily.

"I wanted to hear you voice," I admitted.

He chuckled. "Good, I wanted to hear your voice too."

"What are you up to?" I asked.

"I'm going to head over Felix's place. He wants to have a steak and beer night. What are you doing?"

"I'm just having a movie night with Pia and Xavier."

He sighed and didn't speak as immediately. "I'm glad. How are you doing?"

"Has it really been just a week?" I asked him, ignoring his question.

"Yes, a week of being together."

"That's so crazy. I feel like it's been a month."

"Its been an eventful week thats why," he informed.

"Yeah... well, I should be heading back. I think they paused the show."

"Okay, have fun baby. Let me know if you need anything."

"Okay, I will... I love you."

"I love you too," he replied. I could sense his smile from over the phone.

The phone call ended.

I headed back to the living room and saw Pia getting up from the couch. "I have to get ready," she exhaled.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

She cupped her face and gasped. "Oh my God, I forgot to tell you. Basically, my parents found out I got arrested and want me home one Saturday a month until I'm 'disciplined'...whatever that means?" She snapped her fingers. "You can come with me! We have a guest bedroom and I actually doubt they'll be home."

I wanted to say yes, but a part of me thought that be too intrusive especially since I never met her parents. I had to tough it out. "Its okay, I'll be fine."

She crossed her arms and gave me a disapproving look. "Honestly, it's not a big deal. You're more than welcomed! Or... you could tell your man to come over and make up." She wiggled her eyebrows and smirked.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "I just talked to him. He's spending time with Felix. I'll be fine!"

"Okay, but call me if you need my company. We can go to sleep while skyping if need be!"

"Thanks," I said and gave her a quick hug. She walked towards her room and I headed back to the couch. I pulled the blanket up to my chin and sighed.

"I can stay the night if you want," Xavier offered. "I'll sleep on the couch."

I shook my head no. "I'll be okay." Although that seemed like one of the best solutions that had been offered, I couldnt go through with it. It seemed inappropriate and disrespectful to Elijah. Elijah was the only man I wanted with me at night, but I held myself back from calling him.

Pia left shortly after she told me about her new "house arrest" as she called it. Xavier and I spent a few more  hours watching Schitts creek. It was around midnight when Xavier decided to head back home.

"I need get some sleep for tomorrow's game. You're going to be there, right?"

"Yup, at 2, right?"

He nodded and winked. "Yup. I'm actually kind of excited to have you there."

"Why?"

He shrugged and slipped his jacket on. "Not sure. Itd be nice to have someone that cares about me watch me play. My family doesn't want to drive out for the game so you're the next best thing."

"I'm happy to be there. I'll cheer for you. Should I make a sign?" I joked.

"Sure. Go all out! Put red streaks of paint on your face if you want!"

"We'll see."

He opened the front door and locked the bottom knob. "Call me if you need anything. Lock the top, okay?"

"Yes, dad."

"Have a goodnight, sweetheart!" He said in his best fatherly tone.

He closed the door and I quickly ran over to lock the top. I looked around the apartment and couldnt help feel like I was being watched. I knew nobody was in the apartment but the hairs on my back stood up with the idea that someone might've been lurking outside.

I looked out the window and saw Xavier's car leave the parking lot. Other than that, it was the usual cars that were parked and nobody was standing outside.

I continued watching the show for about thirty minutes when I stated losing track of what was happening. My mind was being filled with paranoid thoughts.

I stared at my phone and thought about calling Elijah to come over. I needed him. I knew that once he was in my presence I would be okay. I almost saw him as my man of steel.

Maybe this break was useless. I was distancing myself from the man that I loved and needed. For what? I could grow and deal with my inner issues with somebody by my side.

I called him and his phone rang. For a second, I thought I would get his voicemail, but he answered at the last ring.

"Hey Morena, are you okay?" He seemed concerned and it was probably due to how late I was calling.

"I just wanted to hear you voice again. How are you? Am I interrupting?"

"No, I was going to head back home in a few minutes. How are you, baby?"

I sighed deeply. "I'm tired but I cant sleep. Pia went home because shes on house arrest by her parents and Xavier left. I'm sort of anxious. I literally slept in a library and a strangers shed maybe two months ago and was almost fearless. Now... I'm in a beautiful apartment and almost scared for my life."

"Your circumstances were different back then. I dont think you saw much happening in your life back then which is why you might have not feared much. Though, it's okay to be scared. Everyone gets scared."

"Do you get scared? What are you scared of?"

Elijah was silent for a brief moment. "I'm scared of losing you."

"You're not going to lose me, Elijah."

"Then why does it seem like I already am?"

I sighed deeply. "I'm sorry. I didn't make you feel this way. I should just try to get some sleep."

"Morena, wait. No, I'm sorry. I didn't meant to make it seem like it's your fault. I understand you need time to yourself but if you need me there, just let me know."

"Thanks," I whispered. "Sweet dreams."

"Sleep well, baby. I miss you. I really do," he whispered back. I've never heard him sound this emotional. Elijah usually had a cool composure and a stable, firm voice. Not tonight though, it was low and raspy.

"I miss you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
83K 2.3K 54
Rowan Hunter is one of the youngest and most powerful men in the city, born into a life of both terrible darkness and insurmountable wealth yet curse...
1.2M 32.7K 66
"You know nothing about me, absolutely nothing! Who are you to tell me what's best for me Joslyn?!" he yells. "So all the girls you sleep with, y...
194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...