Sunrise to Sunset (Bruce Dick...

By nooneknowsreally

(AU) Year, 2008. Bruce Dickinson is a pilot and the lead singer of Iron Maiden. You? You're working with Iron... More

A Gentle Lion.
Eyes of Innocence
12 Commandments.
I am a lonely man.
Troubled.
Flight 666
This is what friends do?
Aces High
"Fuck it."
Tearful Departures.
Runway Lights.
Coming Home, Far Away
I missed you.
En Vivo?
Stress Days.
Stress Days (Part 2)

The Final Frontier

488 14 4
By nooneknowsreally

     "Waters of Chaos have invaded all space to flood the Earth again, I have to find the whales. That once did guide us to the dry lands of life, I won't despair, I'll break this dark all around. Under the heavy sea, I'll search the flight of whales."

  I watched out the window as Bruce drove us to the airport, I had my earbuds in listening to music. Bruce reached over and grabbed my hand, smiling. We were both exhausted after the months of planning for this tour, this is what everything was building up to. Tomorrow was the official start to The Final Frontier Tour.

     We arrived at the airport, sluggishly getting out of the car to board our 4 A.M flight to Dallas, Texas. My stress was still here and it will most likely be there for most of the tour. I hope at least some of my ideas come along and appear on stage. If not, then, fuck.

     Adrian, Dave, Steve, Nicko and Janick were all standing around, waiting for them to call us for boarding.
   "This is my least favorite part of this process. Waiting for those bloody knobheads to get everything situated." Bruce whispered to me. We had been waiting for a good 15 minutes already.
    "I'm assuming most of the pilots here are not the sharpest?" I asked and he nodded slowly, emphasizing it.
    "Don't worry, babe. We'll be on there soon." I reassured him.
30 minutes pass, Bruce looked more agitated and so did the others, he looked over at the board for our flight, of course, it said is was delayed.
    "God fucking damnit." He mumbled under his breath. I decided to ask the lady that was up at the front desk what was happening.

     "There were some technical issues with the plane. They're trying to get everything done quickly." She stated, trying to be cheery.
     "How much longer?"
     "Just about an hour."
Damnit.
       I walked over to the band and told them what was happening, Bruce was still stirring in his own anger. The rest of the guys groaned and sat down in the chairs near the boarding area. Janick and Nicko both passed out and fell asleep. Steve went out to look for some kind of breakfast while Dave, Bruce and I sat down and chatted. Well, more like Dave and Bruce started chatting. I grabbed out of my carry-on my sketchbook and a pencil. I shuffled it to a random son and started doodling.

"How happy is the human soul?
Not enslaved by dull control
Left to dream and roam and play
Shed the guilt of former days
Walking on the foggy shore
Watch the waves come rolling home
Through the veil of pale moonlight
My shadow stretches on its hand
And so we lay
We lay in the same grave
Our chemical wedding day..."

     Nearly a half an hour later, the lady calls for our flight. We all handed her our tickets and passports, then proceeded to board the plane. Maiden and some of the other crew members were in first class. Bruce and I sat down and settled in. I looked out the window of the plane and took in the view. I noticed on the plane wing that there was some duct tape and smoke coming out of the engine. We sat there for 5 minutes, wondering why we weren't taking off. Just as I thought that, the pilot came over the plane's intercom.
       "Sorry for the small delay, we're having some problems with our air conditioning."
I looked out the window once more to look at the wing, smoke still billowing out.
      "Yeah. Air-conditioning..." I said to myself as I leaned on Bruce's shoulder, soon enough I was in a dreamless slumber.

     "Welcome to Dallas, Texas. Thank you for flying with us. Enjoy your stay."

"Fina-fucking-lly." Bruce said as he got up, stretching his legs.
"Are we finally free?" Janick said looking up, taking off his earphones. I could hear Smoke on The Water being blasted through them. Oh Jan.
      We all shuffled out of there, somehow managing to get through the mob of fans blocking the way to our pick up that was outside the airport. We arrived at the hotel, with only 6 hours before showtime. Bruce threw his suitcase on the other bed of our hotel room and basically fell into the other bed, exaggerating a sigh of relief.
       "You alright, love?" I asked him, he got up and picked me up, then proceeded to playfully throw me onto the bed.
        "Baby!" I laughed out, he gave me his cute dimple smile and smother me in kisses. I giggled then gave him one final kiss.
"My God I love you." He said hugging me tightly.
"I love you more, babe."

         A knock came to our hotel room, I sat up and looked at our clock. 5 hours had passed. We fell asleep.
"Y/N! Bruce! We have to get going quickly! We only have an hour!" Steve shouted.
"We'll be right out!" I shouted back.
"Huh? What's wrong, Hun?"
"We gotta go. Like now."
"Shit." Was his only reaction.
      We hurried out of the hotel and quickly got to the show. We stepped out of the car and heard the fans already.
"Maideeeen! Maideeeen!"  It was terrifying yet exciting at the same time. We stepped backstage only for me to be pulled aside by Rod. He shoved a checklist and some headset thing.
       "You're late. Go see if everything is fine with all sections. Lighting. Tuning for all guitars and the drums. Sound. Eddie is set up. The stage is clean. Go." He listed then shoved me away. He can be such a cunt sometimes. I phoned all heads to each compartment, checking off whatever was done and set up. Then the music kicked in and everything went dark. I heard the crowds chants turn into cheering. I saw Adrian and Dave on the side they enter the stage. I looked to see if I could see any setlists.

DALLAS
-Wicker Man
- Ghost of the Navigator
- Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
-El Dorado
-Paschendale
-The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
-These Colors Don't Run
-Blood Brothers
-Wildest Dreams
-No More Lies
-Brave New World
-Fear of the Dark
-Iron Maiden (Eddie)
(Encore)
-The Number of the Beast
-Hallowed Be thy Name
-Running Free

      I'm not too sure if Rod used mine or someone else's. I didn't put Paschendale or Brighter on there. The rest I did, in that same order. Weird.
       The beginning to The Wicker Man echoed throughout the stadium. I caught one glimpse of Bruce before he ran out. He looked at me and smiled. Then ran out to put on the best show he could. That adorable little dimple smile could melt my heart anytime I saw it. He made me so happy, I couldn't help myself around him. He was the angel of my darkest hour.

       "Hallowed be thy name!" Bruce held out the last note for as long as he could. It rang throughout the arena, the fans cheering as they finished. One last song, it was Running Free. I always liked Bruce singing early Maiden songs, especially this one. He ran backstage as Nicko started the beginning. He chugged some water quickly and grabbed some sort of box. I couldn't fully tell what it was, but he shoved it in his pocket and ran out, singing happily. I tapped my feet to the best and listened to Bruce's voice. I got closer to the curtain so I could greet them as soon as they finished.

       Nicko ended the song and the crowd cheered happily.
"Thank you everybody! Thank you from Eddie! And from the boys! I have one last announcement before we leave!" Bruce looked over at the curtain and made eye contact with me. I was stunned for a moment. He motioned me to come out and look at the crowd. I was confused, I looked around and the others had this stupid smile on their faces. I went straight to Bruce and he put his arm around my waist.
        "This is my lovely girlfriend, Y/N. She planned this whole fucking tour basically! Please give her a hand!" The deafening roar of the crowd shook me down to the bone. I leaned over to Bruce and asked 'Whats happening?' He stepped away from me, about a foot. Suddenly I could only hear and see Bruce.

        "Y/N, I met you in 2008, you planned some of the tour at the time. I knew you were different from every other girl. You were personable yet shy. I saw you, and I was in awe. You were fucking gorgeous. I could go on and on about all the reasons I love you. But I'll condense it down into one question."

         Tears flooded my eyes, I covered my mouth in surprise. He got down on a knee and pulled out a small velvet box. It had a diamond ring in it.

         "Will you marry me?"

"Who wouldn't want to marry you, my darling?" I asked as I nodded. He looked up at me, caramel eyes filled with love and surprise. Then pure happiness. He got up from his kneeling position and engulfed me in a hug. We broke apart and Bruce slipped the ring on my finger. He gave me a kiss on the forehead then brought me into another warm hug. I came back to the world and I could hear the crowd, loudly shouting and cheering.

      "I love you so much, Bruce.'
      "I love you too, Y/N."

--------
Woo I'm all done. This is the end. If someone tells me what that song was in the beginning I'll do absolutely nothing. I'm not good at promising things (cough cough I haven't updated in months) here's my reason, and it's pretty fucking humorous, I've had a lot of stress and sad shit happening. I ended my relationship with my then boyfriend, I couldn't feel anything emotional, making it hard to write because that's how I display my emotions. So not having any emotional feeling really fucked up my whole updating thing. But now I'm done, I hope you enjoyed this slightly. My next book might be on me and friends or it may be a Metallica book. Unless I have a light bulb moment for a Maiden book. I dunno. We'll see. Cya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 2.8K 112
Leandra and James crossed paths in Barcelona. Despite coming from different backgrounds, they found themselves leading similar daily lives, which qui...
688 7 17
Jocelyn Silva, a young up and coming journalist discovers what it's like to fall in love with a rockstar. Is what they have real, or is he keeping so...
983 28 19
Cowboy/Western AU. James meets a mechanic and falls in love with him. (Load era Kirk and James)
20.5K 1.3K 42
Cleo met James by accident when her life was dismantling. A failed relationship... the loss of her job and her boredom with her PhD. He offered her...