RWBY: Pale Heart

By LVonarch

(F/N) Light was by all accounts a smart kid, he was good at understanding how things worked but when it came... More

Chapter 1: Peers
Chapter 2: First Day Blues
Chapter 3: Short Stay
Chapter 4: My Haven
Chapter 5: Jaded
Chapter 6: Going Downhill
Chapter 7: Et Moriar
Chapter 8: With Friends Like These
Chapter 9: To Set The Stone
Chapter 10: Close Calls
Chapter 11: The Devil On Your Shoulder
Chapter 12: Fail, Fall, And Fate
Chapter 13: Plucking Feathers
Chapter 14: All Things Must Die
Chapter 15: Dragons Never Die
Chapter 16: In The Beginning
Chapter 17: Passengers
Chapter 18: Grimm On A Train
Chapter 19: Cold Welcome
Chapter 20: Bergwerk
Chapter 21: Actions Speak
Chapter 22: Snow And Sand
Chapter 23: Hello Red

Chapter 24: The Darkness Inside

6K 213 134
By LVonarch

Third Person

After dealing with Salem once and for all, even though it was by using one of the relics and went against his word, Ozpin used what magic he had to bring himself back to Beacon. The Grimm had already been dealt with when he first got the relic, which had been hidden in the statue that sat in the courtyard. For what happened next to be understood one must imagine a god setting foot onto the world, the presence was powerful to say the least, seas would tear themselves apart, mountains would fall flat, all of human creation and that of matter would be destroyed, all so that they would move themselves out of his way.

The sky of Remnant turned red, one voice could be heard all over Remnant, a voice some recognized as (F/N) Light, and he was calling for the head of Ozpin. But those that knew his voice, knew there was something wrong with it, something twisted in it. A beast zoomed over Remnant towards Ozpin, a blazing purple streak was all that was visible, the ocean ripped under it, the buildings toppled over at the speed. The ground shook as a large dragon landed to a dead stop in front of Beacon, from thin air Leviathans began to appear as Ozpin looked at the beast in disbelief.

(F/N)?: "How dare you... take her away from me again!" The beast transformed into the body of the mortal known as (F/N), who was now covered by a flowing purple aura. "I was merciful before! I will not be this time! You will die!" A hand grabbed his shoulder, snapping back it was none other (F/N)'s sister, whose body was covered with a flowing yellow aura. "Do you plan to stop me brother?"

Amethyst?: "Not at all." She looks to Ozpin. "I simply have a few words."

Ozpin: "Is, is that really you?"

Amethyst?: "Yes Ozpin, and might I say I am disappointed in you." Ozpin began to look distraught. "You have failed to understand why we cursed you as such, and as a result all you have done is disappoint us."

(F/N)?: "Disappoint?! The rage of a million stars does not begin to express my anger, no, fury! Pure, unending fury!"

Amethyst?: "Which is why I'm going give you one chance Ozpin, put down the relic and submit or I will let him do as he pleases."

Ozpin was silent, his head low after hearing that the god of creation was disappointed in him, all he ever wanted was to gain approval. He didn't care about Salem or the god of destruction, all he wanted was for his creator to look at him and be proud. He only struck Salem down because she was becoming more troublesome, the same went with (F/N), had she not attacked Beacon and (F/N) grow as powerful as he did then there would have been no need for his retaliation. Could he not understand that? That all Ozpin was trying to do was fix the world, remove all the hate and destruction. Clearly, the god of creation didn't see it that way, and Ozpin was tired of that, of his creator not seeing it the same way Ozpin did.

Ozpin: "No."

(F/N)?: "That's all I needed to hear!"

Amethyst?: "A shame, truly."

The god of creation left, leaving the god of destruction to deal with Ozpin who took the first move and charged. Though a normal slash from the blade would be more than enough to wipe out an army, to the brother gods it did little more than what a normal sword would do to a person. (F/N) dodged it, though he could be wiped out with a single thought, Ozpin needed to suffer for what he had done. The youngest hated holding back, it gave too many chances to take damage, so with his powers he destroyed the ground under them. The Leviathans flew in, one attempted to consume Ozpin but the head was destroyed completely.

Right after the slash of Ozpin's attack (F/N) appeared behind him to cut off his extended arm, and took the relic of destruction, absorbing it into his body. There was no point to the battle, as much as Ozpin wanted to, there was no way to defeat the god, in his mental state he simply refused to die without a fight. The god of destruction then toyed with him, creating a small sun in which Ozpin fell into, while keeping him alive the god watched him bathe in hellfire, but was not satisfied. Recalling a memory of the human he resided in he smiled, he collapsed the star, containing the explosion, before he grabbed Ozpin.

(F/N)?: "No, I can do better." He laughed like a madman. "Much better!"

Placing his hands on Ozpin's head, the charred man could do little to nothing to stop the wrathful god. What he could do was live through never-ending nightmares that felt real to the touch of the iron maiden, to the smell of his own blood. Ozpin lived through it all in a second, forgetting what happened to him in a previous dream right before reliving it. Once bored with it, (F/N) made Ozpin live through the pain of all those that died from discrimination, war, and famine. Still it wasn't satisfying, Ozpin woke only for the god to call small Nevermores to come and eat at Ozpin's charred body.

Cries of agony were heard, the god of destruction was far from satisfied, but as he saw his brother return he decided to end it. With the snap of a finger a large piece of the moon came falling from the sky, the god of destruction moved away and watched with his brother as it crashed into Ozpin. His soul left its body and found itself in the hands of the god of creation, who simply crushed it with his bare hand. The two gods looked at each other, one annoyed that the other took a kill that was rightfully his, withholding his rage he looked at the others his brother had brought.

(F/N)?: "Why are they here?"

Ruby: "Uh, well-"

(F/N)?: "Silence! I did not ask you!"

Amethyst?: "They are the only ones that know of Salem and Ozpin."

(F/N)?: "Oh! I see!" An evil smile crossed his face. "I'm starting to see his memories, yes, to ensure her safety we should kill them." Just as he was about to wipe them out his brother raised a hand.

Amethyst?: "How about we don't?"

(F/N)?: "What?! They want to kill Salem! My Salem!" The god of creation looks over to them.

Amethyst?: "Do you see that?" He points to the missing front half of Beacon. "That's what happened to Ozpin after he crossed us, are you all smart enough to not threaten our favorite as he did?"

Qrow: "Favorite?"

Summer: "Wait... are you the brother gods?"

Nora: "Uh, but one of them has the body of a girl."

Amethyst?: "I did not choose this body, but you are correct."

Jaune: "You killed Ozpin?!" A blue smoke appeared and formed the body of Jinx.

Jinx: "You are wrong in that statement, he was destroyed, his very soul turned to nothing."

(F/N)?: "If it isn't the eternal pain in my side, Jinn."

Jinx: "It's Jinx now."

(F/N)?: "Brother, this relic is broken, it talked back to me, I'm going to kill it."

Amethyst?: "How about no?" (F/N) growls at Jinx who ignores him, which only goes to anger him more.

Jinx: "I will keep it simple, Ozpin, not Salem, was the real threat."

Jaune: "Are you joking?! Do you know what he's done?!" Jinx looks over to Amethyst, who with a wave of the hand brings Pyrrha before them, Jaune caught her as her sleeping body was about to fall.

Jinx: "You were saying?"

(F/N)?: "Speaking of bringing people back." He looks over to Amethyst. "How's she holding up?"

Amethyst?: "Just fine, though I'll be taking my scepter back."

(F/N)?: "No, it's my scepter now."

Amethyst?: "No? That's not how this works." (F/N) crosses his arms and turns away.

(F/N)?: "Don't care, it's mine now."

Amethyst?: "Do you want me to be angry? You remember what happened the last time I was." Suddenly (F/N) remembered something.

(F/N)?: "Oh, yeah, I need to bring them back, don't I?"

Amethyst?: "You know we've brought more people back than we should, and don't change the topic, give me back my scepter."

(F/N)?: "Yeah, no." God of destruction looked at the mortals and pointed to the red one. "You, tell me, will you pursue Salem?"

All eyes were on Ruby, as she looked around and saw Jinx she remembered what she was told by the fire. If there ever was a moment where it seemed the world was about to be plunged into darkness, it was being faced with the god of destruction in the body of a person she knew was more than willing to kill and torture. At the same time, she started to remember her time with him before everything went down the way it did. The red-cloaked girl looked up to (F/N), who was starting to get impatient, and began not with an answer, but a question.

Ruby: "Will you tell us the truth?" (F/N) was about to strike her down for not answering him, but when his brother left his mortal body he changed his mind.

(F/N)?: "Fine, we will. But I will not repeat myself!"

The purple aura came off (F/N)'s body and formed into a dragon while the mortal body fell to the ground. Two giant dragons, one golden and serpent-like, the other a dark purple and lizard-like, stood before the mortals as the eldest started the age-old story of two siblings fighting, midway through (F/N) and his sister started to wake up. Before him or her could say anything the youngest shouted at them to sit down and be quiet, right before he picked up where his brother let off. He spoke of Ozpin's treachery, his love for Salem, the beauty of the place they once called home and how it made him sick just looking at it, but Salem was the jewel of his eye, the one thing in all of creation that didn't turn his stomach sick.

(F/N): "I have a question, several actually."

Destruction: "What is it?!"

(F/N): "Why didn't either of you use the relic of knowledge to tell if Ozpin was lying?" The two dragons remained silent before looking at each other.

Jinx: "To be fair, they did give me all of their omniscience."

Nora: "Omni-what?"

(F/N): "Their ability to know everything." He got up and looked at the god of destruction. "So... you love Salem?"

Destruction: "As do you." The two stared each other down. "What? Do you plan on fighting me for her?"

(F/N): "No, because I know she wouldn't want us to."

Creation: "This mortal might actually understand her better than you do."

Destruction: "Silence! Or I'll break your scepter!"

Creation: "Don't you dare!"

(F/N): "Ahem!"

Creation/Destruction: "What?!"

(F/N): "Behind you." The two looked over and saw Salem floating behind, her skin no longer pale, the black veins gone.

Salem: "It's been a long time."

Destruction: "S-salem! I uh, I was just-"

Salem: "Threatening someone I cared about, and who went all across Remnant for me."

Destruction: "I... I'm sorry." The god lowered his head.

(F/N): "She's really got you by the balls, doesn't she?"

Salem: "And you."

(F/N): "Me?" She came over and slapped me.

Salem: "That... was for leaving me alone."

Creation: "Okay, maybe he doesn't understand her better than you."

(F/N): "Fair enough, I could have checked on you, but I do have one last question." I looked to Jinx. "You told me I'd fail at saving her, did you lie or were you telling the truth?"

Jinx: "It was the truth, you failed at freeing Salem, as it was the god of creation that not only freed her but also brought her back. My words and actions are not without reason."

Destruction: "I grow tired of this idle chatter, mortal host, you will be coming with us."

Ruby: "What about us?"

Destruction: "I don't care, just don't touch my Salem or." Just as he stopped speaking a piece of the moon fell and smashed into Beacon. "Something unimaginably painful will happen to you, making you wish you could end it all."

Ruby: "Don't mess with Salem, got it." Summer stepped forward.

Summer: "Is that really you Sally?" Salem looked over with a smile.

Salem: "What did I tell you about calling me that?"

Summer: "It is you!" Cheerfully she ran over and tackled Salem in a hug.

(F/N): "You really are a child."

Summer: "Am not!" While they went back and forth Raven watched as her brother left.

Raven: "Where are you going?" Her brother looked to where Beacon once stood and looked to the brother gods.

Qrow: "Home, I've seen enough to know that's all I can do."

Qrow walked off, Pyrrha began to wake, her team was excited to see her again, ignoring everything else going on. Yang watched as Ruby slowly made her way over to her mother and Salem, meanwhile, Weiss and Blake looked at each other before following their leader. Yang looked at her gauntlets, she had the look of defeat for a moment, that was until she heard Summer call to her. She raised her head, she knew it would be both pointless to fight, and stupid with the gods right there, so she peacefully went over with the others.

Though he chose to forget about the past at that moment, it felt strange to (F/N) that he was talking normally to them once again. As if nothing bad ever happened, that it was all a bad dream and they were just talking before class. He looked up to the gods that had their eyes on him the whole time but his eyes turned to his sister, a murderer looking at his victim. Any semblance of a happy moment went to a stop as the siblings looked at each other. It seemed strange, but she simply walked over and hugged him, apologizing for the past, and in return (F/N) did the same.

Still enraged about what happened to her, seeing this all happen and the clear opening, Raven dashed at him, drawing her weapon, only to be turned to nothing. They all looked up to the gods, as he said, the god of destruction could kill a mortal with just a thought, and he did, knowing if (F/N) was hurt, Salem would be saddened. In other words, he was aiming to get Salem's attention and make up for the lost time. The reactions of the others ranged from shocked to disappointed, the first of which was displayed by Pyrrha, who barely had a grasp of what was going on, and the second of which was displayed by Summer, who quickly accepted that there was no other end for Raven.

Things after that grew peaceful, in a way, for Salem and the god of creation it was constantly eventful as his brother and (F/N) went out of their ways to prove which one loved Salem more. Then there were the surprises that happened around Remnant. Reese and her team reappeared alive and well in Haven Academy, even Auburn and her teammates suddenly popped up in Vale. This, of course, was thanks to the brother gods momentarily forgetting about the circle of life and death at the request of Salem who they wanted to apologize to. In the end, it seemed like everyone went on to live happy lives, (F/N) stayed with Salem, and Summer returned home.

Little Boy: "Wow, did all that really happen?" His mother closed the book and tucked him in.

Woman: "Well, if you believe your great-grandfather, then yes."

Little Boy: "If I become a Huntsman, will I meet a god one day?" His mother laughed softly.

Woman: "I don't know about meeting a god, but I'm sure it would be quite the journey. Now, get some rest, you have school tomorrow."

Little Boy: "But mom." The kid protested. "I'm not tired..."

Woman: "Sigh, alright, how about one more story then sleep?"

The little boy cheered as his mother easily gave in and started reading another story to him, meanwhile, the god of destruction looked down to Remnant. Though disgusted by their creation, he kept to his word that he'd watch over Salem's children, even if they weren't his. His brother stayed beside him, even if he wasn't kept by the same promise his brother was, he wasn't about to leave him there for an eternity of loneliness. As for Salem and (F/N), while their children lived out their lives, the two wandered Remnant, enjoying it together till the end of the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 8.5K 46
(F/N) (L/N) is said to be old as Remnant itself, that is if you believe him and look passed his ten-year-old appearance. Truth is, he had his powers...
4.4K 72 21
A 15 year old boy got accepted to Beacon Academy early by some not so normal circumstances. It was all a misunderstanding but he still got accepted t...
17.2K 263 42
(y/n), a 17 year old boy in vale, a undercover spy for none other than mommy salami (Salem for people that don't know) his reason for siding with her...
60.7K 670 40
This is a Ruby X Male Reader, this one starts with a boy, born with the powers of electricity, he uses it to move quickly, uses it to attack, and now...