WOLVES, the originals

Av cnicholson2014

"I've been running through the jungle I've been crying with the wolves To get to you, to get to you (oh to... Mer

DISCLAIMER
CAST
- ACT ONE.
0 | The Originals
1 | Always and Forever
3 | Tangled Up In Blue
4 | Girl in New Orleans
5 | Sinners and Saints
6 | Fruit of the Poisoned Tree

2 | House of the Rising Son

419 19 32
Av cnicholson2014

——— HALEY WOKE UP WITH A GROAN as she realized she was laying a soft surface. She blinked her eyes open in confusion, when she noticed she was in a cemetery. She blinked as she glanced around in confusion. "Hello?" She asked, warily. Haley turned to see a woman standing by the door. "Hello, Miss. Gilbert. How do you feel?" The woman asked, with a gentle smile. Haley frowned. "Like I got hit by a bus. Where am I? Who are you?" She asked, defensive. The woman smiled gently. "I am called many things, but you may call me Celeste." Celeste spoke with a smile. "I brought you here because, I, we need you." Celeste spoke as she entered the crypt. Haley's eyes were defensive, but she wondered why she was here. "Your blood is the key to an ending of reign." Celeste spoke, lighting the candles that Haley noticed. "What do you mean, 'the key to an ending of reign'?" Haley asked with furrowed eyebrows. Celeste smiled. "In due time, you'll know. For now, you're free to go. However, be warned. We have eyes on you." She spoke, her eyes reading an emotion Haley can not describe. Haley slowly stood on shaky legs, nodding. Haley exited the crypt. Celeste watched her go, turning toward a specific candle that was surrounded by a glass, lit in the flame.

Haley was walking toward her apartment. She was tired, and exhausted. She didn't sleep well the night before. She didn't remember leaving her apartment, maybe she did. She didn't know. Haley felt watched, or being followed. She turned around, gasping as she noticed Elijah. "Elijah.." she breathed in relief. "You scared me." She mumbled, her hand going to her heart as she breathed normally. "My apologies, Haley. I was merely concerned." Elijah spoke. His senses of smell learned Haley had been with witches, and he discreetly narrowed his eyes as he trailed over her body, making sure she remained unharmed. "I'm fine, I woke up in a crypt, and I was confused." Haley spoke. She frowned as she couldn't remember the woman's name. "There was this dark skinned woman, she spoke to me." Elijah's head rose at this information. "Did you learn of her name?" He asked gently, not wanting to scare the girl. Haley shook her head. "Yes—I mean no, I can't remember her name." She furrowed her eyebrows. A memory spell. Elijah mused to himself. "May I escort you towards the plantation house for the day?" He asked. Haley nodded. "May I freshen up first?" She asked, gesturing to the clothes she had worn the previous day. Elijah nodded, following Haley as they walked toward her apartment.

Selina had watched the entire thing, and seethed inside. She whisked away to Davina. "Celeste knows." She spoke to the young girl. Davina raised an eyebrow, not recognizing the name. "Who's Celeste?" She spoke, turning toward the redhead. Selina sighed. "Sabine, Davina, Sabine." Selina repeated. Davina didn't understand it. Selina sighed. "Just forget it." Selina whisked away to wherever she went to.

Haley was in the kitchen when she heard a voice. "Oh, you must be the maid." Haley heard a unfamiliar voice. "My bags are in the car. Get them, will you?" Haley walked into the foyer. Haley smiled wryly, putting down the iron poker. "Hello. Not the maid." Hayley spoke. "She's the girl a man knocked up." Haley spoke. Rebekah turned, rushed toward Haley, pinning her to the wall. "Well, well, if it isn't Haley Gilbert." Rebekah's vampiric features came out. "Rebekah, she doesn't know." Athena walked in, gently pushing her sister away. Haley was dropped, as she coughed, rubbing her neck. Haley gave a grateful smile to Athena, who barely nodded, not glancing at Haley. Rebekah stared at Haley in disbelief. "I believe Damon called our brother to watch over her." Athena explained further. Haley coughed as she stood, shakily. "Where's Elijah?" Rebekah asked Athena. Athena sighed, shaking her head. Haley's eyes furrowed. "He led me here." Haley told him, confused. Athena turned to Haley, narrowing her eyes in suspicion. "I have not seen my brother since last night, so how could you know?" Athena stepped closer, scanning her for honesty. Just because Haley is off limits, doesn't mean Athena can have a little fun with the girl. "Well, I came from a crypt with a woman..." Haley trailed off. Athena widen her eyes in realization. "Witches." She whispered, her eyes blazing. Haley furrowed her eyebrows. Athena shook her head. Athena and Rebekah turned to Hayley. "Beats me. He's long gone." Hayley spoke told them. "What do you mean, 'long gone'?" Athena asked in confusion. Haley furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, not understanding. "Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me and Lizzie." Hayley gestured to Haley. "In this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into, he was all poetic about how we're family, and then Klaus told me he bailed." Hayley told them. "Guess that's what I get for trusting a noble person." Hayley knew she couldn't say vampire in front of the Gilbert girl, as did Athena. "Elijah is not just any... noble person." Rebekah paused, now realizing Haley didn't know about themselves. "And he doesn't break promises." Rebekah finished. "Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like." Athena walked further into the house, yelling to his attention. "Nik!" Haley and Hayley both jumped from the loudness of Athena's voice. "Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!" Athena yelled. Haley's eyes widen in shock. She turned to Rebekah. "Does Athena usually yell?" She asked curiously. Rebekah smirked, amused. "Of course, I do darling." Athena turned, winked sarcastically. Klaus opened a pair of double doors, entering, looking at Athena. "Enough with the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing " Athena shook her head. "No." Athena spoke. "They were very rude." Rebekah shrugged slightly. "Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter." Haley didn't pay attention as she walked into the kitchen, starting to cook dinner for Hayley and the baby. Haley knew she had seen Elijah, but if he wasn't here, then where was he?

Selina sighed as she kept tabs in between Haley and Thomas. As much as she hadn't seen the couple together for a couple days was to be expected, knowing Elijah had disappeared. Selina knew exactly where Elijah was, and she had warned Davina of him. Although, Selina had met Elijah, he had saved her once, and in returned owed a favor to Elijah one day. She sighed as she followed Rebekah and Athena, as they both searched for Sophie. As Rebekah and Athena appeared next to Sophie, Rebekah catching her wrist. "Sophie Deveraux. My brother told us about you. Know who we are?" Athena asked her. "Yeah, I know." Sophie answered. Rebekah let go of her wrist. "Then you know we need to talk. All of us." Athena told her. Selina sighed, following them towards the cemetery. As Athena, Rebekah and Sophie walked among the mausoleums of the cemetery. "So, if I had to guess, knowing Klaus' history, Elijah has a dagger in his chest." Rebekah told her. "And somehow, Haley Gilbert is able to see him." Athena chimed in. Although, Athena has a distrust for Haley, Athena knew Haley was important to her brother. "It's a magical object. You're a witch. Do a locator spell, locate the dagger, locate Elijah." Selina sighed, wishing she could help them. Her red hair was tied into a braid. Her outfit was the same one from the 1300s, a rugged dress that she had worn when she died. Selina turned back into the conversation. "I can't use magic." Sophie told her. "It's punishable by death. Marcel's rules." Athena scoffed, folding her arms. "Marcel this, Marcel that, blah; blah, blah." Athena moved her hand in a talking manner, rolling her eyes. "What do you think we're going to do to you if you don't give us what we want?" Rebekah asked. "Not much." Sophie answered. "I've been linked, so anything you do to me, you do to Hayley." Athena's eyes narrowed at the information. As Hayley is one of her wolves, Athena didn't like the fact Sophie is linked to her. "Unlink her. Now." Athena's eyes glowed. Sophie's eyes widen. "I-I can't." Rebekah turned to Sophie. "Well, luckily for you, Elijah seems to care about her, and we care about the baby, otherwise I'd break your neck right here. How did Marcel get so bloody powerful, anyway? He wasn't like this when I left a hundred years ago." Rebekah frowned. Athena tilted her head, humming. She had been asleep, so she didn't know anything about the city, but she was quickly learning fast for it. "Marcel took over the city after you left. They have a way to tell whenever there's magic done in the Quarter. The 'how' isn't relevant." Sophie spoke. Athena tilted her head in confusion, but followed along since her sister knew. "I'll tell you what isn't bloody relevant." Rebekah told her. "A coven of witches who can't do magic. Here's an idea. Move away." Athena shook her head, knowing they couldn't. "We practice ancestral magic." Sophie told them. "This cemetery is filled with the remains our witch ancestors. Without access to them, we're powerless. If we run, we're leaving our legacy behind. Our home, our family." Athena could sympathize with Sophie. Her family was also here.  "Well, family's overrated." Rebekah told her. "Look at us. We're back in a city, and Athena is new here. That's given me nothing but heartache, looking for a brother who's hell-bent on protecting a baby I don't care about, but Athena does." Athena nodded. It was true. Hayley was a wolf, and so technically was that baby, so Athena protected her wolves with her life. "I find that hard to believe." Sophie spoke, drifting Athena back into the conversation. "You're here, aren't you?" Rebekah narrowed her eyes. Athena spoke then. "We're here for Elijah." Athena spoke softly. "The instant I find him, I'm gone. Elijah and Athena were the ones who idiotically believed this baby would be Niklaus' redemption. And now, Elijah's missing, probably at the hands of Klaus himself. And you were foolish enough to believe that they could convince Klaus to go against Marcel, when everyone knows that they have a history." Rebekah told Sophie, some parts surprised Athena, but shut her mouth. She also was curious to how Haley Gilbert was able to see Elijah, when he's missing? "Klaus sired Marcel." Sophie told her. "I'm aware." Athena shook her head, also knowing some parts of the story from Elijah. "Marcel is not just some guy that Klaus turned into a vampire. Klaus loved him like a son." Rebekah spoke, memories appearing her mind as she told Sophie. "Klaus saw himself in the boy. He remembered how our father used to beat him. He, too, was the bastard child of a man who saw him as nothing but a beast. And that is why your plan will fail. All you've done is bring back together two long-lost souls. They're all more alike than they're willing to admit. Without Elijah between them, who knows what they'll do." Rebekah walked away, leaving Athena and Sophie to let the words sink in. Athena, however had questions of her own.

Athena sat on a bench, head tilted as she stared at Sophie. "Haley Gilbert. Do you know her?" Athena questioned. Sophie knew who Haley was, the witches all had visions of her. Athena noticed the look. "Ah, I see you do. Haley is off limits to you, and everyone else. Elijah has some strong affection for her, and if I find out that you have plans for Haley, I will rip your head off with my bare teeth and you won't live another day." Athena stood, stepping forward with her eyes turning golden. "The only reason I'm saying this to you, dear Sophie, is that my brother goes by his word. So his word is final. Haley Gilbert is off limits." Sophie nodded quickly, not wanting to anger the youngest Mikaelson. Athena smiled. "Good." She turned around, walking away from the cemetery. Selina, who was watching them, smiled softly, knowing Athena cared in a tiniest way possible. The trust isn't there, but Athena would help Elijah if he had asked her so.

Haley was sitting in a diner, writing in her journal about her day, along with some homework. She hadn't done much as she had stayed in her apartment, but she also was out, touring the city a bit. She noticed someone walking her way. She closed her journal, tilting her head. "Marcel And Klaus, what brings you here?" She asked with a smile. Klaus and Marcel chuckled as they sat across from her. "Just visiting my favorite person, by the way. what's that you're writing?" Marcel asked. Haley smiled. "Oh, just some details about my adventure here, and study notes for abnormal psychology, that Cami and I have together." Haley answered. "Abnormal psychology." Marcel repeated with a smile. "Well..." Klaus trailed off, looking at Marcel. "Perhaps you could help me diagnose my friend over here." Klaus started his explanation, sitting down. "He's been a little bit depressed. Can't keep his mind off a girl. He tells me she's a queen. Fit for a king. I think he should cut his losses and move on. What's your professional opinion?" Haley rose an eyebrow, looking toward Marcel, tilting her head. Klaus knew her movements, as he knew her from Mystic Falls, although, Haley Gilbert was closely watched by him and his sister, they were clearly told that she had been off limits. "Be a nice guy, and maybe the opportunity will present itself someday." Haley answered with a soft smile, nodding towards Cami who was exiting the diner. Marcel gave her a thankful smile, standing up, walking after her. Klaus turned to Haley, impressed. "Maybe I shall hire you for my own problems, hmm?" Klaus tilted his head, with a smirk on his face. Haley raised an eyebrow. "Hm, we'll see. I've got a pregnant mother to watch for, and apparently, I'm being scooped after Sophie." Haley answered her, packing her bag, standing up as she looked at Klaus. "Perhaps, you should be a little nicer to Rebekah, hm?" Haley told him, walking away, leaving Klaus standing there, confused of her words.

Haley found Hayley walking in the Quarter, heading up towards the Jardin Gris. "Hayley?" Haley asked her, frowning. Hayley turned around, sighing as she noticed her. "Hey, Lizzie." Hayley sighed, not up for the human to know what she was planning, but oh well. "Hey, Hey." Hayley told the shopkeeper who was leaving. "We're closed, sorry." The woman told them. Haley frowned. "We understand, but my friend needs something." Haley spoke, hesitating, as she budged Hayley. "I just need one teeny, tiny little herb." Haley told her. "Please?" Haley furrowed her eyebrows. "Which herb?" The shopkeeper asked. "Crushed aconite flower." Hayley told her. Haley frowned in confusion. "Hayley.. that's wolfsbane, there's no such thing as werewolves." The shopkeeper chuckled, knowing this was a human, unaware of who she was with. The shopkeeper muttered a spell. "Wolfsbane?" The woman asked. "That's a poison. You're gonna kill a wolf?" Hayley hesitated. "Just a little one." The woman looked at Hayley's abdomen in understanding. "Give me a minute." She walked into the shop. After a few seconds, she came back holding a vial in her hand. "Cut it with jimson weed. A few drops in some hot tea. That should do it." Hayley held money toward her. The woman refused. "It's an ugly town for wolves. You're doing the right thing, and make sure the human knows who's she's dealing with, it isn't safe for her not knowing." The woman added, muttering a spell. Haley blinked, confused as she followed Hayley. "Hayley?" She asked in concern, frowning. Hayley pretended to smile, knowing the witch had spell her silence. "Just taking a walk in town, come on. I want to show you something." Hayley smiled, linking her arm with Haley, walking away.

Haley sat beside Hayley, rubbing her arms. "Hayley, what are you doing?" She wondered, confusingly. Hayley turned to her, wishing she could compel her. "Listen very carefully. What I am about to do, you cannot repeat this to anyone. I'm serious, this goes with Elijah has told you." At the mention of Elijah, the compulsion kicked in. "I won't tell anyone." She said in a monotone. Hayley raised an eyebrow, figuring Elijah had compelled her once more before he went missing. "I'm killing my baby." Hayley told Haley. Haley frowned. "Why kill a baby with a drink? It's not gonna hard it?" She asked curiously. Hayley ignored her, dripping something into a cup. "Come onX Hayley. One upset stomach and all this stupid drama is ancient history." Hayley lifted the cup toward her face, closing her eyes. "Hayley, no." Haley whispered, putting her hand to block the cup from moving closer. Haley lowered the cup. Hayley turned to Haley, sighing. They both heard a branch snap nearby, they both stood up, looking around, then turned around to find a vampire right in front of them. Haley widened in her eyes in fear and confusion. "H—how." Haley stuttered. Hayley sighed. "Dumb move, coming into the Quarter." The vampire told her. "You're coming with me, human and wolf." Haley backed away slowly. "I have had it up to here with vampires telling me what to do." Hayley told him, throwing the cup's contents into his face. "Run Lizzie!" Hayley yelled. The vampire yelled in pain, his skin burning. Hayley turned around, only to be faced with two more vampires. One was holding Haley by the throat. Athena rushes towards them, snapping the neck who held Haley, releasing her in the process. Rebekah ripped the other vampire's heart out of the back of the other. "Now, that is no why to treat a pregnant lady and a human. I do hate bad manners." Rebekah spoke.Athena rolled her eyes, walking toward Haley. "Are you okay?" Athena asked. Just because she was babysitting her, doesn't mean she trusted her, but she still hated seeing an human, innocent or not hurt by a supernatural like her. Haley nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." She rubbed her wrist, wincing in pain. Athena bit into her wrist. "Drink, it'll heal." Athena nodded toward her wrist that was broken. Haley hesitated, then grabbed her wrist, taking a bit of her blood. Haley released Athena's wrist as it healed. Haley turned to see Rebekah smiling at Hayley as she was in shock.

Once Haley was safely inside the plantation house, Athena walked toward her brother, wrinkling her nose as she noticed a small pile of dead vampires. Klaus looked at Hayley. "This is why I told you two to never leave the house. Werewolves are banned in the Quarter. I had a plan, and your little nighttime stroll put it all in peril." Athena noticed one vampire was still alive, she walked toward him. "Leave him!" Athena slowed to a stop, frowning. "You've done enough, don't you think? Leaving a trail of bodies like a road map to my door?" He spoke to Rebekah who appeared behind the bodies. "If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed, especially since Haley is unaware of it all. Smart, move Hayley. Bring a human with you." Athena scoffed. "And besides the fact, that Elijah and I care for this child is no concern of you. Elijah made a deal to protect your child, so that it could save you from your selfish, rotten self. But you obviously don't give a damn about the child or Elijah, because what have you done to honor it? And don't get me started on the fact that Haley freaking Gilbert moves here, looking for peace, for Elijah to make a deal with a Salvatore to protect her! She could kill us for God sake!" Athena scowled at her brother, raising her hands in the air, sighing. Klaus turned to face his sisters. "I have done everything." He started. "Let me spell it out for you, shall I? From the day I arrived, Marcel hadn't trusted me, from Day One, he's had his vampires ingest toxic vervain which, as you know, little sister, protects them from my mind control." Athena blinked, not knowing that information. Haley, was very confused. But then at the plantation home, she couldn't speak a word outside of what they talked about. "I needed a spy, someone on the inside who Marcel would never suspect. So, I created a Day Zero and got there first. Marcel had just lost six vampires, thanks to you and Rebekah's little murder spree, and he needed new recruits. So, I made the new one mine, before he'd had even a drop of vervain." Klaus explained to Athena, Hayley, Rebekah and Haley, who was listening intently. Klaus looked at them. "But we all know the real way to a man is through his heart, so..." Haley frowned at his words, remembering seeing Klaus talking to Cami. "You spoke to Cami, after I told you about Marcel." Athena and Rebekah turned to Haley in confusion, before turning towards Klaus, who nodded. "Right. And this one. I'm gonna drain him of vervain, compel him to believe his mates found religion and moved to Utah, so that he can explain to Marcel why he lost three more vampires tonight." Klaus dragged the vampire into the house. Athena, Haley, Rebekah and Hayley followed him inside the house.

Klaus looked at the girls. "Does anyone have any more questions?" No one answered. Haley, however did, but not towards Klaus. "No? Good, because I have a question. Hayley and Haley, what were you two doing in the bloody French Quarter in the first place? Answer me." Haley sighed. "After I left the diner, I found her by a shop..." Haley trailed off, now catching their attention. Hayley sighed. "You wanna know what I was doing?" Hayley asked. "I was buying poison, so I could put your little baby out of its misery." Haley's eyes widen at her words. "You what?" Haley asked in shock. Apparently, Athena and Rebekah were in shock as well. Klaus, however rushed toward Hayley, grabbing her throat, pushing her against the wall. Hayley gasped for air. "Nik!" Athena yelled for her brother. "Let her go." She rushed toward him, pushing him off of Hayley, grabbing him by his shoulders. Haley ran toward Hayley as she coughed and spluttered, holding her throat. Haley rubbed her back, eyes narrowed as she felt this instinct. Athena noticed the action, and narrowed her own eyes, suspicious. "Keep your hands off her. She is pregnant for God sake." Haley spoke in a calm, collective voice. Athena mentally agreed with the Gilbert girl for once. "All of this bluster about not wanting the child, and then the second she tells you she's ready to get rid of it? It's okay to care. It's okay to want something. That's all Elijah and Athena was trying to do, all he's ever wanted for you. All we've ever wanted." Rebekah told him, coming in between the two girls and her two siblings. Klaus, calmed down but feeling from confronted with his feelings, sat down on the stairs. Athena went to sit on one side of him, Rebekah on the other. "I gave Elijah to Marcel." Klaus told them. Haley's eyes widen. "What?" Athena hissed, standing up, crossing her arms. "Marcel was nervous." Klaus told them. "It's bad enough two Originals returned to town, but three? His crew was getting antsy. He wanted Elijah fine, so... I gave him a peace offering." Athena clenched her jaw, closing her eyes. "You bartered our brother?" Rebekah asked. "I have a plan." Klaus told them. "Gain Marcel's trust, dismantle his empire, honor Elijah's wish that baby to be born. I am executing that plan the only way I know how. If you two don't like it, there's the door. See if I care." Klaus stood, leaving the room. Athena sighed, turning to Rebekah, who sighed as well.

The next day, after a long night. Haley woken up in a bedroom that wasn't her own, and she had forgotten that she stayed the night to be near Hayley. She walked downstairs to the kitchen, making breakfast. Athena walked in, tapping her foot. "Have you seen my sister?" She asked rudely, knowing her sister wasn't here, and the fact she didn't like Haley. At all. Haley turned around, frowning. "No, I just came down, but I think your brother's still up there. Would you like anything?" Haley asked, gesturing to the pans she had out. Athena hesitated for a moment. She was hungry. "Sure, Hayley should be down in a minute." Athena told her. Haley nodded, turning around to make breakfast for all of them, even if they didn't eat much. But it was mainly for Hayley and herself.

After Haley had cooked breakfast, Haley had left towards her apartment. She felt as if she was being watched. As she entered, she noticed a reflection in the mirror. She gasped and turned around. "Elijah..." She breathed, eyes furrowed. Elijah stared at her, not blinking, not moving, but Haley for some reason knew he was someplace. "We're finding you, Elijah." She whispered, watching the reflection whisk away. Unbeknownst to Haley, Selina watched with an curious but awe face. She knew Haley Gilbert was someone special, someone the Mikaelson family and the wolf pack would adore, and cherish in the future.

||

•• I finally did it! I updated another chapter of WOLVES!
•• Reminder that these chapters will be either short, or long, because I am struggling to portray a human coming from Mystic Falls, who knew the supernatural, but is compelled, its very hard not to ruin her character, yet I'm loving this oblivious nature of Haley, yet she's the same.
•• Elijah has compelled her, that's something you'd notice.
•• So, Haley is still a mystery, yet she's slowly coming around. Haley is being watched by Athena, obviously, but not just her. She has people watching her every move.
•• Elijah + Haley. That's something that's happened, and I'm so excited to share the storyline of how they are connected, it's more of a supernatural connection, don't worry, Haley is gonna end up with a werewolf, but sadly, he won't appear anytime soon, I'm afraid.
•• Stay tuned for Tangled Up in Blue!

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

43.1K 699 58
Requests are: Closed A book full of one shots (sometimes with a second part) that I write for different characters in the Vampire Diaries Universe, i...
24.6K 1.3K 28
After being released from the worst prison imaginable, she was tasked with a murder she knew she could never bring herself to carry out. Rather than...
11.2K 669 7
𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐛𝐢𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬. �...
5.6K 167 14
ALL I WANT In which he thought she was dead. [ The Originals AU Short S...