Filling The Void | ✔️

By Katherynnicolee

| ROMANCE |✔️ | COMPLETED #1 in badboynextdoor #1 in highschoolexperience ❝I could get lost in her eyes for d... More

Welcome to Filling The Void
Filling The Void | Aesthetics
Filling The Void | Chapter One | Tumbling Hearts
Filling The Void | Chapter Two | Distractions
Filling The Void | Chapter Three | Spaghetti and Meatballs
Filling The Void | Chapter Four | Something new
Filling The Void | Chapter Five | Sebastian The Crab
Filling The Void | Chapter Six | Your Turn Asp
Filling The Void | Chapter - Seven| Here We Go
Filling The Void | Chapter Eight | When I Say Let Go, I Don't Mean It
Filling The Void | Chapter Nine| This Time
Filling The Void | Chapter Ten | My Brain and heart are Separate
Filling The Void | Chapter Eleven | Things of The Past
Filling The Void | Chapter Thirteen | Sushi
Filling The Void | Chapter Fourteen | Game Day
Filling The Void | Chapter Fifteen | Will you?
Filling The Void | Chapter Sixteen | This One
Filling The Void | Chapter Seventeen | Tonight
Filling The Void | Chapter Eighteen | Almost
Filling The Void | Chapter Nineteen | Chances
Filling The Void | Chapter Twenty | Keeping On
Filling The Void | Chapter Twenty - One| Trying
Filling The Void | Chapter Twenty - Two | She's Changed
Filling The Void |Chapter Twenty - Three | I am
Filling The Void | Chapter Twenty -Four | Right Here
Filling The Void | Chapter Twenty - Six | Sometimes You Win, Sometimes You Lose
Filling The Void | Chapter Twenty -Seven | Room 112
Filling The Void | Chapter Twenty -Eight | He Never Told Me That Part...
Filling The Void | Chapter Twenty -Nine | Burning Buildings
Filling The Void | Chapter Thirty | Oh..So We're Flirting Now?
Filling The Void | Chapter Thirty- One | I Said This Wouldn't Happen.
Filling The Void | Chapter Thirty - Two | Hunger Over Slumber
Filling The Void | Chapter Thirty - Three | Yeah, I'm pretty much whipped.
Filling The Void | Chapter Thirty - Four | An Unexpected Visit
Filling The Void | Chapter Thirty - Five | Grief Sucks.
Filling The Void | Chapter Thirty - Six | The Days Between
Filling The Void | Chapter Thirty -Seven | Watching The Snow Fall
Filling The Void | Thirty -Eight | Say What You Need To Say
Filling The Void | Chapter Thrity -Nine | Her Heart Needed To Feel It Too
Filling The Void | Chapter Forty | The Moments After
Filling The Void | Chapter Forty - One | A Letter From Each Of You
Filling The Void | ChapterForty - Two | Lets Get Down To Buisness
Filling The Void | Chapter Forty - Three | Ghosts
Filling The Void | Chapter Forty - Four | Cheesecake
Filling The Void | Bonus Chapter | She's Painting Again...
Filling The Void | Sequel (im not sure what to call it)

Filling The Void | Chapter Twelve | The Heart Knows, But Do You?

5.2K 133 24
By Katherynnicolee

Kaitlyn sighs for the millionth time this evening as she steps inside my living room, and throws herself on the couch.

Ever since we left the shop she's seemed lighter, probably glad that she got the heavy secret off her chest. However, all I feel is icky.

Kaitlyn had pushed me toward her brother in hopes to keep me from becoming like Natalee. Now, all I was left with was a confused heart and a whole lot of stress when it came to Ryder.

Over the past few days, I've been avoiding him. Monday had been the day he'd told us about Natalee. Tuesday had been quiet and Wednesday was even quieter. No one spoke up, not even Natalee.

Earlier at the coffee shop, I'd found out that she and Ryder had been together since Monday, which was just another thing Kaitlyn had been keeping from me.

The beginning of this week was full of realization for me. The main thing was that this whole Ryder and Natalee situation genuinely bothered me.

I think it's because of what I know Ryder deserves, I'm angry that he's settling for her when he could be - well, I don't know, with someone else.

"That charity event!" Kaitlyn chimes, sitting up straight. She's got this whole new look of excitement on her face as she says, "Did I tell you about it?"

I furrow my brows, a small smile on my face as I sit next to her on the couch. "No, I don't think so."

"Well..." She starts,  "Mrs. Clayton has us planning for this bachelor type of thing where we auction off dates. In all honesty, I think it's a little inappropriate to do at a high school, but who listens to me right?"

She continues as I nod, "Anyway, basically I suggested we auction of girls instead! Like a swap! Everyone always does boys - ya know?"

I chuckle and lean back against the couch, "Have you gotten any girls to do it yet?"

She pauses, chewing on her lip, "No, no one yet."

We sit there, TV playing in the background when suddenly she glances over at me.

"No Kaitlyn. No way."

"Why not!" She whines, her bottom lip stuck out as her eyes plead. "It'll give you a chance to get out there!"

"I don't wanna date anyone!" I shout, laughing as I watch her jut out her bottom lip.

She gives me a look that only a five-year-old gives when they want something at the store. "Please please, please! I'll wash your car for two weeks!"

Shaking my head a laugh escapes me, "Kaitlyn I'll just take it to the car wash if I want it washed and-"

"Please!" She shouts, getting down on her knees.

I'm about to say no again but my dad walks in, the door opening drawing my attention away from the desperate beggar.

"Hold your fire Kaitlyn, what's going on here?"

He chuckles as he cleans his glasses on his shirt, setting down a bag of food and his bag on the table. He's a sight for sore eyes, I haven't seen him in what had to at least be two days.

Before I can explain what's going on in a way that he'll understand, Kaitlyn beats me to it.

"Don't you think your daughter would get tons of dates?"

"Kaitlyn!" I shout as I turn to face her, my face reddening.

At first, I hadn't been worried about what she'd say, but after that, I was on the edge of my seat. Well, not really. I was actually standing, Kaitlyn arms wrapped around my legs like a toddler.

My dad laughs as he slides on his glass, "What is this for may I ask?"

"Dad, you really don't have to-"

"A charity event!" Kaitlyn chimes, popping up from her pleading stance on the carpet to sit on the couch.

I groan and sulk back into the sofa, knowing full well that Kaitlyn will have him hooked within five minutes. There is no way I'm going to win at this.

My dad laughs and walks further into the living room, choosing his favorite green chair, "Go on."

Kaitlyn smiles, getting ready to pitch her idea. She does and my brows fly up and down as I listen to her. Every time she mentions dealing me off for school funds I feel sick.

I know opening up had been on my list of 'Thing To Do', but right now - after finding out about Ryder, I'm just too distracted to pay attention to any boys.

Finally, when she's done she smiles and my dad takes a deep breath, "Well to answer your question yes, I think she'd get lots of dates, she has her mother's eyes." He pauses and smiles at Kaitlyn, "If this is you asking my permission to force my daughter into this whole school event thing then..."

His eyes find mine and he smirks, "It's a yes from me."

Leave it to my dad to give me the perfect 'haven't talked to you in a while' present.

After handing me off to the devil he stands up, smoothing out his shirt, "Well, you know how I love to talk gossip with you girls but I gotta head over to the office."

He begins making his way out of the room and I sit up straight, "But It's Friday night." I mention, watching as he brings the strap of his bag over his shoulder, ", and you just got home."

I hadn't meant for the disappointment to seep out so I clear my throat in an attempt to fix it, "You're always home on Friday nights. Remember, our weekly movie marathons and-"

"I'm sorry buggy." He sighs, interrupting me as he turns to face us, "I really would love to but I just have so much to do. With this upcoming presentation and all the new releases..."

His sentence drags off and I know that's him leaving me out of the important parts of his life, the parts he thinks that even at seventeen, I don't understand.

Nodding I send him my best smile, "It's cool, I get it."

Gesturing toward the bag on the table he sighs tiredly, "I did buy dinner though, pasta if you want to make it like that - or we have some cheese packets under the counter if you girls want Mac&Cheese." Before finishing he gives us both a half smile, "Whatever you're feeling."

Kaitlyn must feel the tension because in the silence I leave after not answer she says, "Thanks Mr.Waters."

"Call me Gale." He says, "You have you known my daughter for fifteen years now."

He was teasing and I could hear it in his voice. Kaitlyn always called my parents by their last names, it was a respect thing.

A small wave is sent before he pulls open the front door again and just as it shuts I whisper, "Bye."

Remembering that Kaitlyn had just gotten permission to throw me to the sharks, I groan, slamming my head into the couch cushions.

"You're going to look amaze! Okay, so there's three rounds of like a show thing so we're going to have to buy dresses and-"

The excited chatter stops and I look up cautiously to find her staring at me.

Her voice is soft and gentle as she says, "You and your dad will find time to see each other, it might take a little getting used to but you're strong."

The words are brief but I take them for what they are. She's right, I'll always have time to watch movies and eat pizza with him.

"Come on." She says, returning me back to the topic at hand,  "you're so beautiful! Oh my god...I have to call Valerie and let her know we got someone! You are going to be the person who skyrockets this! Oh- and just wait until Natalee sees you up there with your pretty dress and-"

I put a finger up to silence her, "Wait a minute! I'll do this, but on one condition."

Her eyes widen as she waits for me to state my terms.

"We're putting this Natalee thing behind us, no more dwelling and from now on you tell me when somethings bothering you."

Her eyes are soft and understanding, she doesn't have to say sorry for me to know she is, "Deal."

"And," I say, "No talking about Natalee while working on the Auction. This is something fun."

She nods, smiling softly at me. The silence stretches out for not but three seconds before her tiny smile erupts into a big one, "Valerie! I need to call Valerie and make some arrangements! I'm so excited!"

I clamp my hands over my ears as she shrieks and runs to the phone. Maybe it all won't be so bad. Once I forget and leave this drama behind me I can focus on the charity event and make that the best it can be.

Working with my best friend on something else besides other peoples problems. That sounds like a perfect slumber party activity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 56.2K 63
"I know we broke up, but.., " he whispers in my ear, trailing his finger lightly along my arm. He places a soft kiss on my collarbone, making a shive...
23.1K 738 31
(Warning! Cringey story I wrote when I was like 14!) He admitted to liking her, she did the same. Then they should be together right? Well that would...
3.3M 65K 19
"I need your help." He was obviously drunk, and I was obviously confused. "What the fu-" Mason pushed a hand to my mouth. "Shhh," he shushed me lou...
3.5M 89.8K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...