She's Weird

بواسطة MPereira_T2

If only she hadn't tried to protect her mother, if she didn't she probably wouldn't be in this mess. المزيد

Profile
Chapter 1- Mutation
Chapter 2- First Encounter
Chapter 3- New hair
Chapter 4- Bus trip
Chapter 5- The dog
Chapter 7- New places
Chapter 8- Disappointment
Chapter 9- Atlanta
Profile
Chapter 11- Mistakes
Chapter 12- Separated
Chapter 13- Escalation
Chapter 14- Cameron
Chapter 15- Reuniting Family
Chapter 16- Blurry
Chapter 17- Blank
WAKE UP!
Chapter 19- Awake
Author's note
Gone
New Places
If only
Author's Note

Chapter 10- Not Agent Turner

3.4K 60 3
بواسطة MPereira_T2

The very next day after the incident Cameron and I switched to a different motel. But not for long, we plan on heading to the mutant underground as soon as we can. This motel was smaller than all the others, and has a lot more problems. Those problems, Purifiers. This motel is full of them, and I can tell that they don't like new people. Why because on my way down stairs I was cornered by one of them.

He stood right in front of me, "Excuse me." I say trying to get by him.

"Who are you?" he asks moving in my way.

"What?"

He pulls out a small hand gun, "I said who are you?"

I back away, "What are you doing?"

"I want to know who you are? What is your name? Your brother's?"

"Why do you want to know that?" I ask.

He moves forward, "Tell me."

"Lilliana Wild. My brother is Conner Wild." I say in a scared tone, "What do you want?"

"That's it, just wanted to make sure you two aren't mutants." he gives me a cold look and puts his gun away.

He lets me pass and leave the motel. When I go through the doors I turn back to look at him, he's staring right at me. I turn around and shutter. 'What the fuck was that?' I think to myself. As I walk down the street I can tell that I'm being followed. I can't tell if it's the purifiers or somebody else. I enter the McDonalds with caution, I want to look as calm as possible, and not like some one on the run. I take out my phone and dial Cameron's temporary number.

"Hello?" he asks.

"Cameron, what do you want to eat? I'm at the McDonalds."

"Oh, uh. Can you get my a cheese burger? Oh and a  large fry, please and thank you." he laughs.

"Sure, oh and don't leave the room." I say lowering my voice.

"What? Why?" he asks.

"There was a purifier who cornered me and asked me our names. I told him that we're a Wilds. Don't go out there, I don't want him getting suspicious. If anyone knocks on the door pretend like you were sleeping, ok?"

"Ok, but he cornered you?"

"Yeah, just be careful."

"Don't worry I will."

I hang up the phone and order our food. A cheese burger, large fry, and medium sprit for Cameron. Then for me, a medium coke, medium fry, and a ten piece chicken nuggets. After I ordered my food, all I could think about was that vine. The one that goes, "Your son is starving. Starving for the chicken nugger." I almost laughed out loud. I didn't though. I didn't want to look crazy.

I walked back to motel, still feeling like I was being watched. But this time I know who it is. Agent Turner, or formally Agent Turner. He's a purifier now, and that's not good for me. I walked through the doors with the McDonalds bag and started to head up the stairs. This time I wasn't cornered, but some of the people I passed gave me some strange looks.

When I got to my room I unlocked the door, but not before Mr. Turner came up to me.

"Excuse me Miss?"

I turned to look at him, "Yes?" I ask.

"You dropped this." he said handing me my wallet.

I stared wide eyed at it. I felt inside my pockets, how did I drop it? "Oh my gosh, thank you so much!" I say taking it.

"No problem, have a nice day."

"You too." I say to him as he leaves. 

Not fully trusting him, I look into his mind. 'Damn he put a bug in it.' 

I unlocked the door and saw Cameron on the bed. He was about to say something but before he could I told him, "purifiers are listening."

"Thank god! The food!" he says excited.

"Your welcome." I say laughing. I sit on the bed.

"Thanks, Lilly." he smiles.

I take his food out and mine too, there's no table so we decide to sit on the floor. After everything is given out we start to eat. I turn on the Tv, not too loud though. I don't want those people to get suspicious. I pick up my wallet and start to look through it. Then I see it, it's small almost unnoticeable. Government. I lift it up and Cameron looks at me. 'Shit' he mouths.

I get up and place it on the Tv stand. Then I sit back down.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask.

"I don't know. See if there's any good movies on. Oh! go to the syfy channel. They might have a really bad movie playing."

I laugh and when I get to it, we both see that they are playing a really bad movie.

"Turn it up!" he almost yells.

I turn up the volume, and skooch closer to Cameron. We both move onto one of the beds and start whispering. We need to figure out how we're going to ditch the purifiers, they obliviously are suspicious of us.

"I got it! We have to make it seem like we don't like mutants. That we want revenge." I whisper.

"Ok, how though?"

"Let's pretend that our family was murdered by mutants and we despise them," I look at him, "I know it's awful, I don't want to do that either, but we don't want to get caught. Purifiers will kill us as soon as they know. They aren't like the government, they won't lock us up, they'll kill us."

"I know."

We agreed to be the Wilds. The Wilds lost there parents in a mutant attack, and we want revenge. We want to stop the mutants that hurt our family. We got intel that there's a major mutant group here in Atlanta, and that's why we've come.

Cameron and I decided that the next morning we were going to talk about getting revenge on the mutants. Then we're going to leave and hopefully get stopped by the purifiers. Hopefully they'll tell us about the bug and try to get us on their team. If they do that it will make it easier to escape. 

The next morning I got up. Cameron's still asleep so I decide to take a shower. Once I get in I stand under the water for a bit. My life has gotten so crazy. 'I hope the plan works'. I wash my hair, it now smells like strawberries. Once I finish up I look at myself in the mirror. My blue eyes, my brown hair. I lean into the mirror more and look at my roots. My hair's staying brown, but it's starting to tint red. I change into a new pair of clothing. Cameron bought these for me, a few weeks ago when we were in Athens. I haven't had a chance to wear them, but I think now's a good time.

I put on the black dress, ripped knee high socks, my combat boots, and a red leather jacket. I love this jacket, the sleeves stop at my elbows, this making it easier to use my powers, and move my arms around. I brush and blow dry my hair, and put it into a messy bun. I put on some mascara and black eye liner. I look cool. I wish this wasn't happening to me. I sigh and put on my locket, my father gave me, and the bracelet Sin gave me for my last birthday. I miss him. 

Once I step out of the bathroom I see Cameron is already dressed. He's wearing a navy blue long sleeve shirt, black jeans, a beanie, and his racer gloves.

Without turning around he starts talking to me, "You took quite a while in there Lilly."

"Not everyone can take two minute showers Conner."

He scoffs, but smiles at me. "So how are we going to do this?"

"Well if our intel is correct there's a major mutant gathering here. We can hit them where it hurts." I say with fake anger.

"Your guy better be right, I don't want this intel to be fake or something. We need a brake, tracking and taking out mutants is hard enough, but we can't have people knowing about this. About us. Those purifiers down stairs have no idea what they're doing, we can't go in blind like them." he says walking closer to the Tv.

"We're not going to be. This is solid intel, my guy is reliable. Anyways those guys down stairs have an arsenal, we could ask for their help." 

"No, you know what happened last time."

I nodded, "Let's just go get breakfast. I'm starving."

"Ok."

I grab my phone, and my wallet. Right as I pass the Tv stand I snatch up the bug and put it back in. We walk out the door and head down stairs. No one's around, lets hope they come for us after breakfast.

We went to a Starbucks. It's not the breakfast of champions but they do have good coffee. After wards we walked back to the motel, still no one around. Once inside our room though, that's a different story. 

"What are you dong in here?" Cameron asks angrily. 

"We want in on your mutant attack."

"What mutant attack?" I ask.

"The one you were talking about with your brother this morning." Turner says.

"How did you..." I start.

"Jace Turner here bugged your wallet sweetheart."

"What?!" I say. I take out my wallet and pretend to find the bug. With shock on my face I lift it up on Cameron. Anger shows on his. I drop it and smash it with my foot. I stare at the men.

"What do you want?" Cameron asks.

"We know you have intel on a large gathering of mutants, we want to help you take them down." Turner says.

Cameron and I look at each other. The plan is working. "No, the last time we teamed up with purifiers to take down some mutants, Lilly got hurt." He nods at me.

I take off my jacket and turn around. Cameron pulls down the back of my collar, and shows them a large scar on my back. This scar was from a bad car accident I was in. I large piece of the car imbedded itself in my back, I survived, but that's how my mother died. My real mother. Cameron and I agreed that this would be something we might show to them, to show that mutants have hurt us more than once, and that teaming up with purifiers did this to me. 

When I put my jacket back on and turned around to face them most of them looked shocked, others look sad.

"We aren't like the others that you worked with before. We aren't kill first talk later, not anymore. We want to take down the mutants just like you do, we only want to help." Turner says.

"Let us talk about it. Give my sister and I a day." Cameron says.

They nod and start to file out of the room. The last one out is Jace Turner, we make eye contact and he smiles. Once they leave I sigh, wow we are good at acting. Cameron is about to say something but I put my hand up.

"Wait, let me make sure that they didn't bug the room." I tell him telepathically. 

He nods in agreement. I check the room. We're all good.

I nod at him. We talk for a long time. We don't leave the room once. A few times some of the purifiers came up to see what we were doing, some of the time I started yelling at him. We made it look like we were discussing, more like fighting over what we should do. Other times Cameron went outside to take a breather. 

By the time night rolled around we made it seem like we came to an agreement. We had also made our escape plan. We were going to accept their offer and go to one or two of the meetings. After that during the night, when everyone would be asleep we'd leave. Not through the front door or down the stairs though. We'd go through the bathroom window.

The next day I put ion a black t-shirt, blue jeans, the combat boots, and the leather jacket. Cameron and I went downstairs, were they're having a meeting. We walked in and they're staring at us.

"Conner and I have come to a decision. We want you to help us."

"Good, let's get started."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

440K 11.7K 58
They never saw it coming. "If I can't have you, I don't want to be me."
429 17 8
(complete!) she thought she would be fine. but once you get involved, everything changes.
266K 8.2K 38
❝You're really freaking awesome.❞ ❝No the fuck I'm not.❞ In which she is on the search for her sister and she runs into a group of mutants who promis...
3.9K 2 21
harry saved her without even realising