The Baby Albums (Those Three...

By katetheduck

I told you there would be more... :) We follow the May/Taylor family through the 80s and 90s. Get ready for... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Part 107
Part 108
Part 109
Part 110
Part 111
Part 112
Part 113
Part 114
Part 115
Part 116
Part 117
Part 118
Part 119
Part 120
Part 121
Part 122
Part 123
Part 124
Part 125
Part 126
Part 127
Part 128
Part 129
Part 130
Part 131
Part 132
Part 133
Part 134
Part 135
Part 136
Part 137
Part 138
Part 139
Part 140
Part 141
Part 142
Part 143
Part 144
Part 145
Part 146
Part 147
Part 148
Part 149
Part 150
Part 151
Part 152
Part 153
Part 154
Part 155
Part 156
Part 157
Part 158
Part 159
Part 160
Part 161
Part 162
Part 163
Part 164
Part 165
Part 166
Part 167
Part 168
Part 169
Part 170
Part 171
Part 172
Part 173
Part 174
Part 175
Thank you, all of you

Part 97

362 13 13
By katetheduck

17th February 1987
Brian's POV
I found Roger sleeping with Rory again, his legs up on the top bar and Rory draped over his chest, and the both of them were still asleep so I dropped the side of the crib down and gently shook my baby, "wake up, sweetie, we need to go and get you changed" I whispered and she squeaked out a groan as she stretched then looked at me and put her bum in the air as she tried to stand.

"Come on, stinky bum" I said and picked her up then rested her on my hip and carried her into the bathroom where I'd already set up the changing mat. I got her nappy changed with as little crying as possible then put her in some nice clothes so she would be ready to go out on a walk when Roger woke up.

I went back into the nursery and sat down next to the crib where my fiancée was sleeping, "babe? Are you gonna wake up?" I said and he grunted at me in his sleep before I started shaking him gently and he slowly came round, "go away" he groaned and rubbed his eyes, "what time is it?" He asked and I looked at my watch, "eight... why?" I said and he groaned and closed his eyes again, "I've had two hours sleep! This is stupid!"

"Do you want to stay here? I'll take the kids out if you want a rest" I said and he rolled out of the crib and into my arms, "would you mind?" He asked and I shook my head as his eyes started to close again. I gently tapped his cheek and his eyes opened then he tried to get up and wobbled a bit until I stood up to support him, "I'll let you get in bed" I said and walked him to the bedroom and got him into his pyjamas.

He was half awake as I put his shirt on him so I let him lie down and he ended up sleeping with it open. I put his legs up on the bed and a pillow to support his head then covered him with the duvet, "I'll be back soon, sweetheart" I said and he opened his eyes just for a second and grabbed my hand, "love... you" he yawned and patted my stomach then closed his eyes again and fell asleep.

I left the room as quietly as I could then saw all the kids in the living room, playing with Rory's Lego bricks and carrying on building the house that they'd started yesterday whilst Jimmy was doing some homework on the sofa. I sat down next to Jim and looked over his shoulder at the paper, "need help?" I asked and he nodded, "what's this?" he said and pointed at a question on his paper.

"Convert 0.25 into a fraction... is that the one?" I asked and he nodded, "what does that mean?" He asked and I smiled, "it means you have to make the decimal into a fraction. Do you know how to do that?" I asked and he shook his head, "okay... the easiest way to do it is take the numbers after the dot, so that would be two and five, and put them at the top of your fraction" I explained and he wrote down what I was telling him.

"We can't put it over ten because twenty five is bigger than ten so we have to put it over..." I said, wanting him to figure it out, "a hundred?" He said, his answer sounding like a question, and I nodded, "so it would be twenty five over a hundred... easy, right?" I said and he nodded with a smile, "I'm done now, thanks"

He put his homework back in his bag for tomorrow then I told all the kids to go and get their coats and boots and got Rory ready and nicely settled in the pram. I put a blanket over her legs and pulled her hood up over her head, "is that okay?" I asked and she put her gloved hand up on my cheek, "thank you love" I smiled and kissed her hand which made her squeal.

I made sure her coat was done up and she was nice and warm then put the clear cover down so she wouldn't have snow all over her and helped the other three. I got Louisa into her coat and zipped it up then checked Jim and Felix were okay with Daisy before I opened the door and shuffled them all outside then got the pram out and stood Louisa on the board so she wouldn't have to walk.

We walked to the park and I made sure the boys didn't go too far in front since Daisy knew she was being taken for a walk and she'd started pulling. "Boys, stop" I shouted and Louisa looked at me, "hold on, sweetie... Daddy's gotta run" I said and she held on as I started running and pushing the pram as quickly as I could without slipping on the snow.

"James! Felix! What are you doing!?" I shouted, seeing my two boys and the dog across the road, "we can-" Jimmy started but I shook my head, "no. Stay there" I said firmly and crossed the road when there was nothing coming and took the lead from my son, "don't you ever do that again. Imagine if you got run over by a car? You-don't you laugh" I said, pointing at Felix who had started to smirk.

"Being run over is serious. I don't care if there was nothing coming, there are some real idiots in this world and they don't care about rules or anything. They can come from anywhere and run you over. I want you to stay right next to me for the rest of the walk and you're going straight upstairs when we get home" I said and the two of them started whining but I just shut them out and started walking.

I let Louisa run about with Daisy, getting them both a bit of exercise, and had the boys sit on the bench with me. Call me overprotective but they had to understand that it was dangerous what they did. "Can we go and play, Dad?" Felix asked and I shook my head, "no, I don't know if you're going to run off or not. You stay with me"

"Lou, come on. Time to go home" I shouted and she came back, Daisy following her, and I got the dog back on her lead. I got a few sloppy kisses from the pup and stroked her head to thank her before I took all of the kids and her home.

We got home and I found a woman standing outside of our door with a basket and some paperwork in her hands, "uh, excuse me? Are you alright?" I asked and she turned around with a little smile on her face, "hi, um, do you live here?" She asked and I nodded, "I have a special delivery for you. Um, do you mind if I come in?" She asked and I shook my head, unlocking the door and letting the kids go in first before she helped me get the pram inside.

"Come and sit down, my, uh, my wife's asleep upstairs so she couldn't answer, sorry" I said and she smiled as I led her into the living room and got Jimmy to get Rory out of the pram, "it's okay... you're Brian, aren't you?" The woman asked and I nodded as she set down her basket. There was a squeak from somewhere and her cheeks flushed pink before she started talking, "so, um, I was told that you'd be here and there's a woman called Christine who had this for you. And by the way, you don't have to say your wife"

I paused for a second then smiled in relief as she passed me the basket. It was heavy but light at the same time, I expected something heavier to be in there, "can I-I see what it is?" I asked and she nodded so I rested it on my knees and pulled back the blanket that was covering it and saw a little pink face looking at me, "oh my god... oh, you're beautiful" I cooed and picked the baby out of the basket and held it to my chest.

"Is it a girl?" I asked and the woman nodded, "yeah... a healthy nine pound baby girl" she said and I started crying into the baby's fluffy head, "I didn't think you'd make it... god, all ten fingers and all ten toes. You're beautiful" I sobbed and held her head close to me as she made a grunting noise, "I love you already, too" I smiled and kissed her head then looked at the woman.

"Do you want to get him down here?" She asked and I nodded before I stood up slowly and supported the baby then made my way upstairs and into our bedroom. I opened the door and saw my fiancée still in the position I left him in, tucked under the covers, "Rog... wake up. I've got something for you" I cooed, sitting near him, then I placed the baby by his head and gently shook him.

He woke up and looked at me, "Brian, what are you doing?" He croaked and I pointed at the baby girl next to him, "is-where did this come from?" He asked, sitting up quickly and looking at the baby, "who's is this?" He asked and I picked the little one up and cradled her in my arms, "she's ours... this is Emily" I said and a tear ran down his face as he got up and looked at his daughter's face.

"She's beautiful" he whispered and put his finger in her palm which made her fingers close and she held it, "I love her already" he smiled and I giggled before the two of us made our way downstairs. The woman had her paperwork over her lap and both of us sat on the sofa with her and sorted out the birth certificate and made sure she was going to be safe with us before she left.

We sat on the sofa with our new baby and just watched her sleep, neither of us could quite believe it that she was actually here. And she was beautiful.

— half an hour later —

"She's boring" Roger said and I giggled, "shes a baby, she can't do much" I said and he smiled then looked at me, "um, remember you wanted me to quit smoking?" He asked and I nodded, "well, um, I think I'm gonna have a try... starting today" he said and I nodded again, "can I help you?" I asked and he nodded, "I was reading a book about it and it said that taking down cravings and, um, behavioural issues might help. Maybe you could help me out with that"

"I have a spare notebook if you want to use that" I said and he nodded, "that would be amazing. I, well I don't know if this is true but I'll tell you anyway... people say that it's best for you to stay inside if you're trying to quit. Would you mind if I did that?" He asked and I smiled as I rubbed his head, "whatever you need to do, you can do"

He kissed my hand then stood up and found the empty notebook and opened it up to the first page and wrote 'I'm quitting' on the very first page then handed it to me, "it starts now... for you and for her" he said and tickled our daughter's foot before he snuggled into me and started falling asleep again.

"You're gonna do it, don't worry" I said and he smiled with his eyes still closed, "I'm already doing it"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 526 21
In 1981 where Roger Taylor is currently a teen meanwhile his favourite teacher is in his 30's, they can't help but feel romance for one another. Many...
134K 2.5K 30
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝘼𝙪𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙮 𝙃𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙍𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧. Started: 12/31/18 Finished: 4/10/19
44.8K 2.2K 19
This story takes place in the early 70s.
45.7K 1.4K 43
A romance fanfic, of Brian May and Roger Taylor. Fans have always wanted this, but is it a good thing?