Halaal Love

By Panda-licious

Everyone is given a choice in love. To take it seriously or not. To make it Halal, or Haram. Habibah, a twen... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Note
Epilogue
IMPORTANT

Chapter 32

9.6K 444 24
By Panda-licious

Assalamualaikum... I just want to clear this out XD So... a few people thought that what I wrote in the previous chapter, "bow down," is wrong. It's not, because it's not literally bowing down as in 180°like sujud. No, it's not like that. It's the type of bow as in bow in respect like you do when you meet the elders, or thanking bow like after you perform on stage. Ok? So it's not the sujud type of bow. I just wanted to clarify that. So yeah.. And THANK YOU for the 1+k votes :) ❤

Habibah's POV

"Assalamualaikum..." I knock on the door of my parents' house with my suitcase. Yepp that's it. This is final. I'm staying here.

"Waalaikumsalaam--Habibah? What are you doing here? Come on in, it's Maghrib, it's bad to stay out." Yusuf's the one who opens the door. I enter the house while Yusuf carries my suitcase. I'm sure everyone's going to be disappointed in me for being so immature and leaving the house instead of trying to fix it.

I remember clearly all of the tough times that my mom went through, in the early years of my parents' marriage. They used to fight, a lot, and in all honesty, I understand because they both were young and selfishness and ego wasn't a doubt that they had those characteristics. But even so, my mom managed to stay in the house, because she knew clearly that the whole household was her responsible. But me? Just a little obstacle, I can't manage to stay and convince Omar to believe me instead of the pictures.

"Sit down, I'll call mom and dad." Yusuf suggests, but I stop him.

"Don't. I'll just go back to my own old room." I nod.

"Fine, you know where's your room right?" I chuckle.

"Obviously." I take a hold of my suitcase and drag it upstairs, towards my room. I push the door open and place the suitcase under my bed, immediately falling on my bed. Oh how I miss this place. But I wonder... How's he doing there? Is he sleeping? Or is he having a sleep-problem like I do too?

I shrug those thoughts away and force myself to sleep--and eventually, I drift into a good sleep.

•••

"No, I'm not letting you stay here, Habibah! You have to go back to the house, that's where you belong now." My mom says in the verge of anger. I can tell that she's so disappointed in me.

The next morning after that horrifying day, my parents come to know that I've been staying there since last night. They begin questioning me and well, it doesn't seem to go well, since my mom hates my coward-self.

"Face him, Habibah. Isn't that what I always taught you? To face the problems, finish them in a family way." Instead of the stern, angry voice that I hear since early in the morning, this time, her true-self begin to reveal. Her voice become slow, soft as tears are brimming in her eyes.

"Mom, please... Let me stay here for a while." I plead. My dad remains silent throughout our whole argument.

"Stay here? What are you, Habibah? A coward? What have I taught you? I had far worst problems than you do, but I stayed still. I stayed beside your father even when annoyance was all I could see in his eyes. Why did I stay? Because I have to be strong! For the sake of the family, the children, love, but most importantly, the marriage. You have to be strong! Just like I was!" She's crying... I hate to see her crying, especially knowing that I'm the reason to her tears. It breaks my heart.

"I'm sorry mom. I just want to stay here for a while, until he realizes his mistakes."

"Not everyone realize their mistakes easily, Habibah. What if he doesn't realize it at all?"

"Then..." I can't answer her. She's right. But on the other hand, I don't want to move back, if he still doesn't believe me.

"I'll drop you there by tomorrow morning, Habibah." I stand up from my seat.

"What? No way! No mom! I'm not going back there until he realizes his mistake!"

"YOU'RE BEING IMMATURE, Habibah! You're being a coward! I don't even know you anymore! Where's the responsible Habibah that I know? What was my teachings for, then?"

"Well, mom I'm sorry that I can't be like you! I'm sorry that I'm not strong at all. I'm sorry that I'm just an immature, selfish, coward! Because I CAN'T HANDLE THIS ANYMORE! I-I'm tired... I just want to stay here..." There it goes. All of my courage. All of my pride, fades away with a single choke, causing all the tears to pour out.

Then, silence accepts us. My mom's sobs begin to become audible--but not for my sobs. Instead of stopping, I feel haunted by guilts. Images of things that I shouldn't have done appear on my mind.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry..." I choke. My dad inhales deeply, before sighing.

"I must say, I'm disappointed in you, Habibah." I face the floor in shame. "But I must say this too. I'll let you stay here. As long as you want. As what I've heard from your own mouth, I can conclude that it's not your fault. You even dumped the lunch. But Omar is just affected. He's affected way too easily. He shouldn't have told you to leave, if he was a real man. So, I'm telling you, that you will not go back there, unless he comes here himself to fetch you and apologize to you."

"You can't do that!" My mom yells at him.

"Yes I can. I'm her father. Would you want your own daughter to be hurt by her husband?"

"But Abdul Rahman, she's married! She's fully his responsibility now. You can't be like that! What if I were in her position? What if my father won't let you see me?"

"Azizah, I'm not going to argue with you anymore. This is final. You're staying here. You're my daughter and you're still my responsibility." Dad stands up and walks away to their bedroom, leaving mom and I speechless. It doesn't get any better though. Mom's sobs become audible again, and this time it gets worst. She chokes on her sobs, as if this truly hurts her.

"Mom, I'm sorry... I'm sorry I made you and dad to argue, again. I'll just leave by tomorrow morning." She shakes her head.

"No. What's done has been done. Your dad will get more angry if you leave. Stay here until Omar comes to get you." She wipes her tears away and leaves me alone in the deserted living room. I palm my face. What have I done? Another mistake in my list of mistakes...

I enter my room, fully feeling guilty. I don't know how many mistakes I've done since the last few months. What the heck is wrong with me?

I pull myself together, collecting all the courage that I still have and decide to give Omar a call. First ring... Second ring... Third ring... Fourth ring... Fifth ring...

"The number you're calling is currently not available. Please try again later." I huff out in annoyance, throwing the phone to bed. Please, please, please come and get me because I still love you...

•••

It's been two days since then, and each and every day, I feel burden. I have been hoping for him to come but every time so, there's nothing that assures me that he will come. And every time I try to phone him, it's either that he's busy, or he rejected, or he just doesn't pick it up.

The first day after my dad's decision went well. I could go back to work and finished my work without any distraction. Time even seemed to go by fast. I came home early after Asr. I had also avoided Umar in every cases. If anyone would ask me to go in his room to give some files, I'd make up excuses just to avoid another obstacle that might make a way to make things worst.

The second day, however, did not went by too well. I couldn't concentrate on my work and I always ended up excusing myself to the toilet to actually weep. Without even counseling all of the patients, I had to come home after dhuhr because I wasn't feeling well, at all. My eyes were puffy and my cheeks were hurting badly from all the bites that I did to stop myself from sobbing. Right after Maghrib, I had to take painkillers because of the sore throat, fever and severe migrain.

And now, I'm lying on the bed aimlessly. My eyes are still puffy due to lack of sleep and constant crying. I've locked myself since last night, skipping meals. Everyone's been trying to encourage me to open the door and join them eating in the dining room, but I refuse everytime they ask me to. I don't feel like meeting people and going out to eat meals. I just want to stay inside my room.

"Habibah, please open the door. I promise you won't have to come down, just please, eat your medicine and your lunch." It's mom. Yepp, I'm definitely feeling guilty for making her beg to me like that, but I honestly don't feel like doing anything. Not even for living. Everything feels like crushing down to me. Everything feels like falling apart and I feel like I'm just a piece of trash in this world.

"Habibah! Open the door now!" This time, it's my dad. I can't say no to this. I know how strict he is. He can just break the door.

"Fine fine... Just wait!" I hop off of the bed and unlock the door to see a furious man and a worried, crying woman. "Yes?"

"Here. Drink the medicine and eat the food! You're not stupid to kill yourself, so pull up yourself." My dad hands me the tray of food along with the medicine. He then leaves me and my mom alone.

"Please don't ever do that again." My mom sobs, crying on my shoulder. I carress her back and ask her to sit on my bed. "You made me worried! I almost call the psychology department to come and bring you to the asylum!"

"Mom, I'm a psychologist. I know what's going on with myself, okay? I'm fine. I'm just stressed and depressed and I just need some rest to calm down, okay?" I try to assure her.

"But please, don't ever skip meals and lock yourself like that! You have ulcer for Allah's sake! You won't end up good if you skip meals Habibah." I nod my head.

"In sha Allah..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 1.7K 31
Hanan's parents manage to find her a way out of war ridden Syria. There is, however, a catch. Its a one way journey. Once Hanan is over the border...
35.9K 6K 67
"I promise you. No one will ever take your place in my heart." ××× "You didn't tell me you were engaged to her," Zameer says gritting his teeth. "Se...
543K 42.3K 51
My stomach dropped the second we made eye contact. He had long and dark brown hair, which curled under the baseball cap he wore backward. The subtle...
145K 12.9K 60
We continue to follow the life of Jannah, Dawud, their family, and friends. With Jannah starting her third year of university and Dawud starting his...