Reckless Abandon (Drarry)

By delightful_fear

All work and no play have made Harry a very dull boy. To shake things up a bit, the Weasley brothers give him... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 8

1.3K 47 30
By delightful_fear

By Draco's third day away, Harry felt like climbing the walls. There were still so many questions, so many things from their past, their present, that Harry couldn't stop thinking about. Plus, his fantasies about Draco were keeping him up nights, images of long, deep kisses and touching each other everywhere.

Ron was still giving him concerned looks. "What is going on with you, Harry? I've never seen you like this."

Taking a deep breath, Harry quickly glanced around the cafe to make sure there wasn't anyone too close. He still leaned forward, and spoke in a quiet tone. "You know when I mentioned that I'd run into someone from the past?"

Ron nodded slowly.

Harry took a deep breath. How much could he tell Ron? "Um, well, it's all a bit confusing, partially because it's...um...a bloke." His voice almost gave out, his heart thumping in his chest.

Ron's eyebrows went up a little, and he leaned back to give Harry a long look. After a few moments, he just gave a little shrug and leaned forward again. "Like Charlie."

His second oldest brother had been briefly engaged to a woman, but they had split up and later Charlie had come out. It had been hard for the family to accept at first, but they now treated Charlie like they always had.

"So, I'm trying to figure a lot of stuff out right now. I wasn't sure if he liked me, that way, but it turns out he might." It had been killing Harry, not being able to share this with anyone.

Ron took a sip of his coffee, and gave Harry a friendly smile. He didn't seem to be treating Harry any differently than normal. "I haven't seen you this interested in anyone for ages. It's worth pursuing, just for that fact alone."

Grinning widely, Harry felt a spark of happiness at the idea. "He's away this week, visiting relatives, and I'm trying to give him some space. But I want to send him owls every hour telling him to rush back here. I really miss him."

Ron smirked. "You've got it bad, Harry. It's good to see you like this."

"Nuts?" Harry laughed, finishing off his drink.

"Human." Ron joked back. "Seriously, you have been so busy being 'Harry Potter', you haven't had time to just be a guy in his twenties. Dating, seeing friends, drinking too much...you know, living."

His old friend made a good point. He couldn't remember that last time he'd been drunk, or even taken a vacation. Plus, he really needed a distraction before he sent Draco a long, embarrassing letter.

"You are right. So, how about you and Hermione come over for dinner? I'll cook something special." Harry impulsively blurted.

Ron got up, pulling his auror robe back on. "Sure!".

They discussed the details as they took the lift back to the office, talking about the food they missed most from their Hogwarts days.

...

"Mmmmm something smells good." Clementine leaned against the doorway into the kitchen, and watched as Harry chopped up some herbs, and then stirred them into a pot on the stove.

He glanced over his shoulder at her. "Beef bourguignon." He pulled on some oven mitts, and pulled the fresh biscuits out of the oven.

She looked over at the table, and just shook her head. "I was kind of hoping you were doing all this banging around with pots and pans for a date, but I see there are three places set."

"It's just for Ron and Hermione." It was good that she considered him having a date. Sometimes it felt like people didn't expect him to want regular things like that in his life. He loved that she wasn't dazzled by his past at all. "Say, I've made way too much. Would you like to join us?"

She looked a bit surprised at the invitation at first, but then gave a pleased smile. "Um, yes...that would be nice. Is there time for me to go home and change?"

Clementine was dressed for the office, in a knee-length skirt and matching blazer in charcoal grey. Her hair was in it's normal smooth chignon.

"Yes. They'll be here in about half an hour." Most of the food was ready now. He just had to make a salad.

She soon departed, leaving Harry to finish things up.

...

"So, how awful is it, working for Harry? Do you forgive me for recommending you for this job?" Ron joked, taking a deep swallow of his wine.

Clementine just grinned back at her older cousin. "I love it here. Although there are some challenging days."

"Oh shit! You haven't mentioned anything to me." Harry leaned towards her to top up her wine glass, before his own.

She just grinned, giving a little shrug. "It wasn't anything too bad. Mostly it's been Mavis Pennyworth. That woman is still determined to have you at their next fundraiser, no matter how firmly I decline."

It was nice seeing this side of his assistant, dressed in slim jeans and a flowing purple blouse. Her hair was loose down her back, big auburn curls, making her look almost like a teenager. Harry could see why she dressed so conservatively at work, just wanting people to treat her with respect.

Harry groaned, rubbing his hands over his face. "Maybe I should go see her in person. She is quite tenacious."

Clementine scoffed. "Oh Merlin, please don't! She will talk you into becoming their spokesperson if you do that."

Ron and Hermione were just watching the interaction, amused. "What organization is she with?" Hermione asked, running a piece of bread over her plate to soak up the sauce.

Harry looked at their empty plates, and felt buzz of satisfaction. They had raved about the food, but actions spoke louder than words.

"Some people are offended or disturbed by things other people see as normal. It's really a matter of perception..." Harry fumbled for the politically correct way to describe it.

Clementine gave him an impatient huff. "Oh, stop pussyfooting around it. No one from the Prophet is here." She looked over at the couple. "She believes it is indecent for animals to be naked and thinks they should be clothed."

That sent Ron and Hermione off, laughing and bouncing jokes around with Clementine.

"Girdles for Turtles!"

"Hats for Bats!"

"Blouses for Mouses!"

Harry eventually joined in, only feeling slightly disloyal to be making fun of the woman's cause. He cleared away the dinner plates and brought out the dessert.

"Seriously, though, I've enjoyed working here." Clementine took the piece of cake Harry offered. "He has even let me take over the second floor of the house. Although, there were some rather odd things in the drawing room the other day."

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck...

It was one thing to come out to his best friend, but he wasn't ready to tell more people. Not just yet.

"What kind of things?" Hermione asked, after seeing the way Harry squirmed in his seat.

Clementine shot Harry a teasing look. "Tea for two, and a blanket left in the middle of the floor. Oh, and the pillows on the sofa were all out of place."

Hermione just smirked. "Harry James Potter! Have you been having evening callers?"

"That's my own business, isn't it?" Harry shot back, knowing his face was flushing a little.

She gave a satisfied grin. "That wasn't a denial, was it? Hmmmmm....!" Looking over at Ron, she nudged him with her shoulder. "Do you know anything about this?"

"Oh, leave Harry alone. It's his house, and his right to see old friends if he wants to." Ron defended, sending Harry a supportive look.

"So, it was an old friend then? Hermione, do you think it's someone you know as well?" Clementine leaned towards the brunette, looking far too interested in this.

Harry sighed. "This is what I get for trying to have a personal life. Maybe I should go back to working eighty hour weeks and raising money for 'Pants for Ants'."

All three of his friends objected the idea, and they gave him a break from their friendly teasing, moving on to bugging Ron about his latest haircut. His fringe was far too short, and he had tried spiking it upwards, looking a bit like a ginger hedgehog.

...

The days seemed to drag, making Harry realize how much his life had centered around his weekly sessions with Draco lately. How had the man messed up his life so fast?

There was no point working extra when it would just take hours from the other aurors. Harry ended up being at home too much, and got a bit of cabin fever.

Out of boredom, he went into the muggle part of London, walking through some of the touristy areas. It was always nice to be anonymous in a crowd.

A lot of people were heading into Harrod's, and Harry hadn't shopped there in years. He wandered around, admiring the beautiful displays and the muggle fashions.

He found himself in menswear, and realized he hadn't bought new clothes for ages. His auror robes were supplied by the ministry, and he wore dress robes to charity functions.

But Draco would be back soon, and Harry wanted to look good for him. Would they go out on dates, or just stay in at Harry's place?

One of the staff must have seen Harry's confusion, and offered to help. Harry gladly accepted, and was soon trying on a variety of casual and dressier clothing.

He was a bit buzzed from his shopping spree, and ended up in the home decor area. Thoughts of Draco had him buying new, luxurious bedding, towels and bathrobes. Helpful staff whisked his purchases away, storing them to let him buy more.

Somehow, what drew Harry the most was the food hall. Every display case was full with a mind-boggling variety. Hundreds of types of cheeses and deli meats, savory pies, olives, baked goods, and salads. Delicious fragrances coming from the many food counters offering quick meals.

Harry recognized many things, as Hogwarts always had a wide and plentiful assortment of food. But there were still things that intrigued him and he ended up buying a little of this, a little of that.

By the time he was leaving, the store had some staff help load everything into a black cab. During the ride to the corner of his street, he did a reduction charm on the goods when the driver was distracted by traffic and consolidated everything into fewer bags. When he stopped, the driver helped him unload it all on to the sidewalk. He looked a bit confused at the smaller quantity.

Harry just shrugged, passing the man his payment with a huge tip. "I ate most of the food during the drive."

The cash and flimsy excuse seemed to satisfy the cabbie, and Harry was relieved he didn't need to obliviate his memory.

...

It took a while to put everything away once it was in the house and back to normal size. He ended up vanishing a lot of old clothes to make room for the new things.

His kitchen could hardly contain all the food, and he chuckled at himself. He would never be able to finish it all before it spoiled.

With that, he sent out a handful of letters.

...

Harry opened his door with a smile. "Luna! So glad you could make it. Sorry for the late notice."

His old friend still had waist-length blond hair, and wore a pretty blue dress. She leaned in to give Harry a hug and kiss his cheek. "I couldn't pass up on the opportunity to see you and your house."

He waved her inside, her remarks echoing what so many of the other guests had said. It was great to see that so many had been able to come to this improptu garhering, and seemed to be having a good time. Most were old friends from school, and a few of the aurors he got along with the best. Hermione and Ron had other plans, and promised to come next time.

The food and drinks were set out so everyone could help themselves. Harry grabbed another bottle of beer, sipping it as he walked around.

Neville, Dean and Seamus were discussing Quidditch. Harry hadn't been following the sport that closely, but he joined their group for a little while to enjoy hearing them argue.

Luna was with Clementine near the food, and eventually Harry excused himself to join them. He served himself a plate of charcuterie to nibble on.

"Harry, Clementine says this is the second time this week you have had people over." Luna popped some fresh pineapple into her mouth.

He just shrugged. "It seems a shame to have this large house and not make better use of it. Plus it's always nice to see old friends."

Clementine smirked at him. "Any old friend in particular?" She was dressed casually again, her green hoodie complimenting her hair color. Even though she was a lot younger than most of the other guests, she was outgoing enough to get along easily with them.

Luna looked around. "Well, I don't see Hermione or Ron. They are Harry's closest friends."

"Hmmm...I think there might be somebody Harry is ever closer with." Clementine chuckled, her hazel eyes dancing with mirth.

"Luna! Have you ever seen the other floors?" Harry grabbed the blonde's arm, dragging her away from his tipsy assistant before she said too much. He'd have to have a firm talk with her tomorrow.

His friend followed him up the stairs, admiring Clementine's areas, and going to the third floor. "Oh Harry, you really should do a cleansing rite on the equinox. So much dark magic has been here."

"Yes, I want to honor the good parts of house's history, and Sirius, but get rid of the rest, as much as possible." Harry looked around the landing with fresh eyes, feeling a little embarrassed with it's rundown state. He had lived here for years, and not done much with it.

Luna peered into his bedroom, the new bedding all in place. "Well, at least the bed looks quite inviting. Is that what you brought me up to see?"

Harry's eyes widened, and he thought about Clementine's teasing. Had Luna gotten the wrong idea? "Um, no...not really. I actually wanted you to see a room on the next floor that might be full of blibbering humdingers. I swear I hear laughter coming from there sometimes."

"Oh, that's a relief. I was a little confused when you asked me up here, since you are mostly attracted to men." Luna calmly walked past him, climbing the stairs to the next floor.

Harry was stunned for a moment or two, and then ran up the stairs after her. "Why do you say that? Are people talking about me..."

Laying her hand on his forearm, she leaned a little closer. "It's been obvious to me since Hogwarts, but I've kept it to myself. Most people disregard things I say anyways."

He grinned in relief. "I wish you had told me back then. I've been confused for ages."

She just nodded serenely at him. "I'm surprised Draco isn't here." Luna walked around the floor, idly touching things occasionally.

Harry could only give her a smile. People often thought she was a bit crazy, but Harry had found her surprisingly knowledgeable at times. "He's away, visiting his mother. Maybe he'll come to my next party."

As Luna started telling him about the type of creatures living in the house and how he could deal with them, his mind wandered. Would Draco be comfortable coming to something like this? Seeing old schoolmates? Being Harry's date?

Eventually, they went back downstairs. Clementine passed him another beer with a smirk. "Hope you didn't mess up the pillows in the drawing room again."

Perhaps inviting Clementine to social events had been an error. She was treating him like the rest of the Weasley's did, like a relative, and therefore a good target for fond teasing. He just gave her a bit of a glare. "Say, have you met Dean or Seamus?"

He knew the men were single and maybe one of them would interest his young assistant. Perhaps she would start messing up the sofa pillows on her own and quit bugging him.

...

-A/N: Thanks everyone for reading this story, especially with it's many twists and turns. Harry has a lot to figure out.

-Thanks also for the votes.  This is my first story on Wattpad to get some.  :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 194 22
•DRARRY STORY• ... -this story begins in 3rd year (The prisoner of Azkaban) 🐺🐀 ... Draco and Harry have hated one other since first year. But when...
864 6 17
Harry finds himself spending the summer in the Malfoy Manor, having to get used to fancy clothes, fancy meals, fancy people and especislly the growin...
953K 41.1K 61
It's Harry Potters first year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry and so far he's managed to survive up until Christmas. Now the holiday s...
1.7K 36 2
Slowly Malfoy's gaze travels up his body until he's looking him in the eyes. The moment their eyes lock, Malfoy's cheeks and neck flush beautifully t...