The Attraction {Book Two}

By Supreme_Enchantress

*Read The Beginning {Book One} To understand the story line* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ After the events of the f... More

Recap
Chapter One: Hospitalised
Chapter Two: The Truth in the Past
Chapter Three: The Prophecy
Chapter Four: Life for a Life
Chapter Five: Death
Chapter Six: The Returned Blonde
Chapter Seven: Research
Chapter Eight: Holmes
Chapter Nine: Reconnected
Chapter Ten: Rivergrove
Chapter Eleven: Croatoan
Chapter Twelve: Faith
Chapter Fourteen: Daddy's Secret
Chapter Fifteen: Gordon, who?
Chapter Sixteen: Two Grenades?
Chapter Seventeen: Sammy Winchester
Chapter Eighteen: Upgrade Hotel
Chapter Nineteen: Broken
Chapter Twenty: Night to Remember
Chapter Twenty-One: Lost
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mandroid?
Chapter Twenty-Three: Robbery
Chapter Twenty-Four: Agenda
Chapter Twenty-Five: Behind
Chapter Twenty-Six: Petrova
Chapter Twenty-Seven: New Year's Eve
Chapter Twenty-Eight: War
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Bitch is Back
Chapter Thirty: Death is Cruel
Chapter Thirty-One: The Returned
Chapter Thirty-Two: Kisses all around
Chapter Thirty-Three: Gain One, Lose the Other
Chapter Thirty-Four: Devil's Gate
Chapter Thirty-Five: End of the Road
Epilogue
Character/General Notices
Important Book Notice!

Chapter Thirteen: Immune

290 14 2
By Supreme_Enchantress

We all went into another lab, Sam now sat on a stool as everyone who was left plotted their-selves around. I stood meters away from where Sam was sitting. His eyes are down, and he has tears in his eyes as he holds a sort of ice pack to his wound as Dean paces behind him.

"Doc, check his wound again, would you?" He spoke as he walked in front of Sam and began to stand next to me. "Doctor!" He shouts at her, as she jolts slightly before taking a step forward.

"What's she need to examine him for? You saw what happened," Mark states strongly.

"Did her blood actually enter your wound?" She asked with a soft tone.

"Come on, of course it did!" Mark raises his voice to Doctor Lee.

"We don't know that for sure," I retorted back to Mark who eyes connected to mine.

"We can't take a chance," Duane now added to the very tense conversation.

"You know what we have to do," Mark tried reasoning with Dean but he wasn't having it nor was I in this matter of time.

"Nobody is shooting my brother!" Dean voice was raised slightly and was strong about his comment.

"He isn't gonna be your brother much longer. You said it yourself,"

"Nobody is shooting anyone!" Dean shouted to Duane, to make him understand that.

"You were gonna shoot me!" Duane shouted back, as he looked to Dean.

"You don't shut your pie-hole, I still might!" Dean said pointing at Duane as a threat and still held a raised voice.

"Ok enough!" I said strongly, my hand stuck out, as if to end their conversation. "No one is shooting anybody,"

"Dean, Gabby, they're right. I'm infected; just give me the gun and I'll do it myself," Sam said with roughness in his voice.

"Forget it," Dean replied, not liking Sam's plan at all.

"Dean, I'm not gonna become one of those things,"

"Sam, we've still got some time," I tried to pursued him, but he wasn't having any of it.

"Time for what? Look, I understand he's your friend," he looks to me but then to Dean. "And your brother, and I'm sorry, I am. But we gotta take care of this," Mark pulls out his handgun and was about to aim it at Sam.

"Don't you dare!" I spat at him angrily through my teeth. "You make a move on him, you'll be dead before you hit the ground. You understand me?!" I shouted at Mark as he looked at me with a slight of fear in his eyes.

"Then what are we supposed to do?!" Mark snapped/shouted back. Guy got guts, I'll give him that.

Dean pulls out his car keys and tosses them to Mark. "Get the hell out of here, that's what. Take my car. You've got the explosives, there's an arsenal in there. You three go with him. You've got enough firepower to handle anything now," Dean states, looking to the group, my eyes widen when he looked at me.

"No, Dean! I'm not leaving," I stress to him, making my position very clear as I took a few steps closer, my eyes never leaving his.

"What about you?" Mark asked Dean, who didn't say anything. But just looked to Mark and he knew what he was planning.

"Dean, Gabby, no. No. Go with them. This is your only chance!" Sam states his voice low.

"You're not gonna get rid of me that easy," Dean said with a smile, trying to lighten up the tension.

"No, he's right. Come with us," Mark said, encouraging Dean and I to join them, but Dean just looks at Mark, as I moved away from them. To a table at the side, placing my hands on it and my back away from everyone.

"Ok, it's your funeral," Mark said after a few moments. He then leads Duane and Dr. Lee out of the door.

"I'm sorry. Thanks for everything, Marshals," I heard Dr Lee say to Dean.

"Oh, actually we're not really Marshals," Dean states, and I can feel his smile on his face.

"Um. Oh," she replied before walking out, not wanting to say anymore. I heard the door shut and then lock. I turn back to face Sam as I lent against the table, as he starts to cry.

"Wish we had a deck of cards, or a foosball table or something," Dean said jokingly, trying to put a small on our faces but it didn't work.

"Guys, don't do this. Just get the hell out of here," Sam replied, looking to us as Dean got near to Sam.

"No Sam. I'm not leaving. I've left too many time now and I'm not off again because you might kill me," I spoke the truth, but he just had tears running down his face.

"Give me my gun, and leave," he looked at Dean this time, hoping he would see reason.

"For the last time, Sam. No," Dean states firmly, as he turns around to come over to where I was positioned.

Just them, Sam slams the table with the pack, making us both look at him, unphased. "This is the dumbest thing you've ever done,"

"Oh, I don't know about that. Remember that waitress in Tampa?" Dean states, shuddering at the thought of it.

"Gabby, Dean, I'm sick. It's over for me. It doesn't have to be for you both," Sam voice was low and was trying to keep himself together.

"No?" Dean questioned him, his voice soft and rough, but it held his normal voice.

"No, you can keep going with Gabby," Sam said looking to me.

"Who says I want to?" This came to a shock to me when the words left Dean's mouth.

"What?" Sam and I said in union, as Dean goes over to a file cabinet and pulls out his handguns from his waistband and sits down.

"I'm tired, Sam, Gabby. I'm tired of this job, this life... this weight on my shoulders, man. I'm tired of it," Dean spoke with care, making me look at him weirdly.

"You can't give up Dean. You can't just lay down and die. There will always be things to fight," I spoke leaning up from the table.

"Look, Dean I know it could be stuff with Dad has --"

"You're wrong. It's not about Dad. I mean, part of it is, sure, but..." Dean had cut Sam off before he could finish and went on to speak his own.

"Then what is it?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, I feel like he was hiding something. But he couldn't answer, because we hear a noise outside the door. A moment passed and there's a few knocks on the door. Dean picks up his handguns that I didn't notice he had put down. He went over to the door and unlocked, and stood there was Doctor Lee.

"You'd better come see this," she said looking to all of us, before we all walked out of the room and outside the clinic. As we entered the night air, it was still, nothing was in sight besides us six survivors.

"There's no one. Not anywhere. They've all just... vanished," Doc spoke as we all looked out to the town, nothing in sight and I couldn't hear anything, no heart beats, no movement, nothing.

"Just like Roanoke," I whispered to myself, but I think Sam had heard me as he was the closest. I don't think we will ever know what happened to the towns people or where they are now.

******

The night had ended and morning was upon us all. Sam and Dean lent against the Impala, as I was at the other side, leaning forward, my arms propped up on the hood, staring at back of the boys. Dr. Lee was saying her goodbyes to Mark and Duane. Sam had gone in the clinic in the morning to make sure his blood was alright and by the look of him he was going to be all right.

"I'd better get over to Sidewinder, get the authorities up here. If they'll believe me. Take care," Doctor Lee states to Mark and Duane. Mark turns to wave to Dean and Sam as I saw him outside of the corner of my eye and turned my head to face him, giving him a tight smile.

"What about him?" Dean had asked, focusing back on the Doc, who looked to them two with certainty.

"He's going to be fine. No signs of infection," she smiles as she nods as well, taking a few steps back before spinning on her heels and entered the clinic as Mark and Duane's truck pulled from the side of the road and onward.

Dean turns to Sam with a mixed expression of confusion. "Hey man, don't look at me. I've got no clue," Sam spoke as he was as much of confused as Dean was.

"I swear, I'm gonna lose sleep over this one. I mean, why here, why now? And where the hell did everybody go? It's like they just friggin' melted," Dean states annoyed as he couldn't figure it out. He began to walk around to the drivers side, as I propped myself up straight.

"Why was I immune?" Sam spoke softly, like a dream. I stare at him as he was lost in his own little world.

"Good question. You know, I think this one is going to get away from us, and it will be unexplainable," I said as Sam eyes met mine, I could feel Dean also look from where he was. I give him a half-smile as I walked over to the door and swung it open to get in as the boys did the same. The Impala purred alive and we drove from the clinic, and we left the town before. I took in the smell of the car, how I missed it. It smelt like the Winchester Men...

*****

The Impala is parked by the side of the road, which is overlooking a river. Sam sat on a fence which surrounded the river, Dean and I are lent against the fence, looking out to the river, one at each side of Sam. Each of us holding a beer, taking sips now and then, as we take in nature at it's finest.

"So. Last night. You want to tell me what the hell you were talking about?" Sam had asked softly, as he took his gaze to Dean, as Dean looked to him.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked, not really wanting to answer Sam's question.

"What do I mean? I mean you said you were tired of the job. And that it wasn't just because of Dad,"

"Forget it," Dean had said straight after Sam had finished. Dean was hiding something that was for sure.

"I don't think we can Dean," I had pipped up, coming from the edge of the fence to stand in front of Sam. Dean had took his gaze to me.

"Come on guys, I thought we were going to die, you can't hold that over me," Dean tried to make his statement valid, but it wasn't because we were going to die. It was something else.

"No, no, no, no. You can't pull that crap with us, man. You're talking," Sam had said, still in his soft gentle voice.

"And what if I don't?" Dean replied back, looking to his brother with a hint of something in his eyes.

"Then I guess I'll just have to keep asking until you do," Sam retorted. Silence filled the air as Dean stared out to the river, before turning to lean backwards onto the fence.

"I don't know, man. I just think maybe we ought to..." Dean started, but took a moment to think. "Go to the Grand Canyon," Dean offered a smile to his brother and I, as we both looked at him with weird expression on our faces.

"What?" Sam and I say in union, it was more of a jokingly 'what'.

"Yeah, you know, all this driving back and forth across country, you know I've never been to the Grand Canyon? Or we could go to T.J. Or Hollywood, see if we can bang Lindsey Lohan," Dean states, smirking at us. I rolled my eyes at him, while shaking my head, but holding a grin on my face.

"You're not making any sense," Sam states, a slight worry in his voice.

"I just think we should take a break from all this. Why do we gotta get stuck with all the responsibility, you know? Why can't we live life for a little bit?"

"Why you saying all of this?" I asked, Dean took his gaze to me, looking at me for a moment before shaking his head and turning away from Sam and I.

"No, no, no, Dean. You're my brother, all right?" Dean stopped and turned to face Sam, who had now come off the fence to stand facing Dean. "So whatever weight you're carrying, let me help a little bit," Sam spoke, ensuring his brother that he was here for him.

"I can't. I promised," Dean spoke after a minute of silence tension lingering the air.

"Who?" Sam asked.

"Dad," Dean replied, his eyes meeting Sam's once again.

"What does your Father got to do with this?" I asked, wondering the possibilities.

"Right before Dad died, he told me something," Dean spoke, but he didn't look at Sam or me, he was looking to the ground. He took a breath, not really wanting to carry on but he had too. He eyes found their way to meet Sam's. "He told me something about you and Gabby..."

That's when it hit me, my body stiffened, my heart began to race out of my chest, my palms began to sweat, and that doesn't normally happen when I'm worried about something. But these were the Winchester men, and if I'm thinking of what their Dad told Dean, then I'm in deep shit...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 1K 46
The events that happened with Jackson and Gerard had gone, and everything worked out as planned. Scott and his friends could now live a normal mortal...
98 3 12
This is a fan fiction of Supernatural, I put myself and some friends in the story, The story is about when Holly (Me) finds out that who she thought...
84.6K 3.9K 53
**Set in Season 11** **YOU MUST READ BOOKS 1 AND 2 [ROGUE AND MARKED] BEFORE TOUCHING THIS ONE** "Once you let the darkness in, there's no go...
103K 3.9K 53
Book 2 // REVOKE - An Original SPN Story Jackie Kaiser has trained and hunted for her entire life in order to build up her reputation as the notoriou...