Mercy

By zeffervescent

"We are the kids our parents warned us about." Teenage rebellion. Everyone goes through that stage, with sim... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twentyone
Chapter Twentytwo
Chapter Twentythree
Chapter Twentyfour
Chapter Twentyfive
Note
Chapter Twentysix
Chapter Twentyseven
Chapter Twentyeight
Chapter Twentynine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirtyone
Chapter Thirtytwo
Chapter Thirtythree
Chapter Thirtyfour
Chapter Thirtyfive
Chapter Thirtysix
Chapter Thirtyseven
Chapter Thirtyeight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Fortyone
Chapter Fortytwo
Chapter Fortythree
Chapter Fortyfour
Chapter Fortyfive
Chapter Fortysix
Chapter Fortyseven
Chapter Fortyeight
Chapter Fortynine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fiftyone
Chapter Fiftytwo
Chapter Fiftythree
Chapter Fiftyfour
Chapter Fiftyfive
Chapter Fiftysix
Chapter Fiftyseven
Chapter Fiftyeight
Chapter Fiftynine
Chapter Sixty

Chapter Thirtynine

98.1K 2.6K 1.9K
By zeffervescent

21 more chapters left :s and #19 in fanfic omf i love you all keep voting! thank you!

prepare yourself. Herenity will be tested

i don't even care if Herenity sounds like an STD

Serenity; 

 I sat down with a beach hat on my head, chuckling and trying to avoid choking as I sipped grape soda from a blue straw. Niall kept making everyone laugh with his ridiculous stories and unreasonable comebacks.

Harry had insisted that I’d lie between his legs and rest against him, only to give him another chance to hold me. I smiled contently, leaning my forehead against his arm and finding myself laughing even more at Niall, and now Louis who has shown a distinct humor to us all.

The longer we spent on the beach, the more fun the afternoon became. I was thrown into the water multiple times, some pleasant and others really uncomfortable since the water pushed itself up my nose.

“So,” Emily began. “Zayn invited us to a party at his place tonight,” she started, eyes widening just as everyone was about to give their opinions, “but before you all decline!” She spat out quickly, both of her pointer fingers up. “He’s only doing it because he wants to apologize, especially to Harry.”

Everyone hadn’t said a word when Harry snapped, “Well, I’m not going. Good luck with that.”

I’m on the verge of agreeing to this already because of Emily’s pleading face. It certainly wasn’t a good idea to go to this party, but what’s the harm in it, really. Zayn just wants to apologize for the yesterday. I’m trying to be reasonable, and forgive him. Harry, however, only tipped back the beer he was drinking and refused to even give it anymore thought.

At seeing no one was agreeing, Emily looked at me with a frown. A pleading frown, to be exact, that meant she needed my help. To be honest, I wasn’t in the mood to deal with huge crowds and intoxicated, sweaty bodies. I’m definitely not in the mood to argue with Harry about Zayn again.

I sighed. “I’ll go.” I muttered, Emily smiling almost immediately. I felt Harry tense behind me.

Niall was staring at the beer in his hands, looking solemn. “I’ll go. I don’t even know the guy, but I miss the party scene.”

Of all the things Niall has said in front of me, he has never sounded more disinterested. He’ll probably be going to look for some entertainment, which I wouldn’t blame him for. It seems like Emily doesn’t even want to go down that road with Niall. It’s pretty obvious that she’s too caught up in Zayn coming back for her even when it took him like a month to do it.

Louis agreed, seeing as he didn’t have any plans for tonight. Marisol decided that she would just stay home. She didn’t have the energy to go to a party, and most definitely will be sleeping in early. Elliot agreed quite naturally, shrugging and announcing he was in a type of mood to party.

I was more focused on a silent Harry behind me. He hadn’t said another word the rest of the evening. He was probably very upset that I agreed. Surprisingly, he wasn’t making a scene. He seems to be really good at that. Getting angry and causing a scene. He was so disruptive sometimes, but I wouldn’t want to change even that quality about him.

We were packing up and texting each other directions to Zayn’s house. I’m sure I’ll be seeing Wayne there, and I’m almost positive some shit will rise from the pits of Hell and swallow us all. I’m afraid to have to see Harry being dragged out by the cops because he “accidentally” broke various bones on Wayne’s body.

Harry walked towards the driver’s seat and got inside, slamming the door shut. He didn’t bother to open the door for me this time. Elliot awkwardly got in the back seat, sensing the tension inside the car. I got inside, and clicked on my seatbelt.

He drove out of the parking lot, driving us into the road on the way back home.

“You’re not going,” is all he said, quite angrily.

I sighed. “Harry, it can’t possibly be that bad. He just wants to apologize.”

“You’re not fucking going.” He snapped louder than before.

It was a bad idea to continue, but I felt myself getting more annoyed and upset over his tone, and the fact that he thinks he can tell me what to do. I’m not stupid. I know he probably doesn’t want me there for multiple of reasons that are both for my good and for his own.

My jaw clenched lightly. “You can’t tell me what to do,” I said quietly and steadily, “I’m going, Harry.”

Elliot remained silent in the backseat. The faint sound of music I heard signalled he had probably plugged in some headphones to avoid listening to us bicker.

“You’re so fucking stupid sometimes,” he muttered, grasping the steering wheel tightly. Until his knuckles flushed white.

An eyebrow rose on my face out of anger. “Excuse me? I’m stupid because I’m trying to be reasonable and forgive someone?! You’re the stupid one here. You can’t let it go and forgive him?!”

“I can fucking forgive him, alright!?” He shouted, his eyes glaring at the road. “You know I don’t care and I don’t hold grudges. I just...I know Zayn, and even though he might not be up to anything bad, his fucking twin is. Wayne will get back at me for that punch in the jaw.”

“Harry --”

“Don’t Harry me. I don’t want you to go because even if I don’t, he’ll do something to you to spite me. In order to avoid that, we’re both not going,” he remarked.

“Come with me and you don’t have to worry about him doing anything to me. You’ll be there and you can defend yourself and me.” I told him much gentler.

He shook his head. “Serenity...you know I get angry too easily. Just being there in front of him will provoke me.”

“We don’t have to stay. Just go in and receive an apology from Zayn, and then we’re out. I just want to end all of this drama for once.”  

Harry groaned. “Why do you insist!?”

“Because you were both friends before this all happened. I don’t think Zayn is up to anything, Harry. He just wants to apologize. And when he does, we leave. No big deal,” I assured him.

He paused, shaking his head and sighing in defeat. “Alright then. We’re not staying. Going in and then right out,” he demanded, and I nodded my head in agreement.

+

This whole party idea wasn’t tempting. However, there was that urge to stop all this conflict with Zayn. Hopefully his twin isn’t going to be there to ruin it all. Even if he was, Wayne won’t do much but try and provoke Harry, which I’m ready to stop at all cost. I’m not sensitive and I’m most definitely not afraid of Wayne.

I tugged on my skinny jeans, a pair of flats, and a red and black flannel with a white tank top beneath it. I wasn’t planning on staying, so there was no point in dressing up. Harry texted that he’d be driving back here yet again. Elliot was downstairs probably ready to go.

There were no questions asked when I arrived downstairs and opened the door. The family that was having dinner at the moment never even glanced at me. I’m like invisible now. Although I sense the anger my father has, I can’t bring myself to confront it. I’m more comfortable staying at peace for now.

Elliot and I stood outside, waiting for Harry to get this over with. “What happened with your Zayn friend?”

I sighed, shaking my head. “I’ll tell you another time. I don’t feel like talking about it. I just want to get this over with.”

“You’re not staying?” He asked.

“No. I promised Harry since he didn’t want to that I’d leave with him.” I explained to him.

He nodded slowly. “Then who will be my ride back?”

“I’m sure Clary’s going, so text her right now and see if she’ll offer you a ride back. I’m sorry,” I apologized to him, giving him a sad frown.

Elliot waved me off, already pulling out his phone. “Nah, it’s okay. I’ll find a way back home, if not hook up with some hot stranger,” he winked.

I rolled my eyes, chuckling afterwards when he excitedly typed on his phone. The screen lit of his face even more than his smile had. It was getting darker outside as the evening began to turn into night. Harry soon arrived, and I climbed inside feeling weary of everything already. Quickly, the feeling of dread appeared. Just Harry’s silent temporary nature made my stomach swirl uncomfortably.

Zayn and Wayne’s house was enormous. Various cars were parked outside the house and inside the large driveway. Practically the whole town was here. I didn’t understand how they knew so many people. I’m sure they didn’t know them all, and the word spread around that there would be a party here.

I jumped out of the car when he parked it outside. Elliot had walked ahead of us as I stayed behind with Harry. Although he was probably still insanely pissed off with me, I felt him grab my hand in his and entwine our fingers. He gazed around with narrowed eyes, looking angry just by breathing the same air as everyone.

We walked inside after Elliot had opened the door. The house looked like a high school hallway. This time there was the whiff of weed, alcohol, and sweat vibrating in the atmosphere as the music was so loud that my ears hurt from being thrown into it all suddenly.

“Tell me if you see, Zayn,” Harry shouted over the music.  

Harry squeezed my hand, pulling me towards him. Already there were a few eyes that expected Harry, and had possibly been waiting for him the entire night. A couple of girls stared at our linked hands, scoffing or gawking. That’s right, bitches, I thought to myself.

The best part was that Harry didn’t seem like he even cared what anyone else was doing. He was searching the crowd for the black-haired guy we came to this party for.

I looked around for the same person, but my eyes spotted no one I’d particularly want to see. In fact, the last person I wanted to see. And he was already staring at me.

Derek walked up to us like there wasn’t anything the world that could possibly go wrong. Harry was too busy looking to his side to see who was approaching us at front. I clenched my jaw, my heart pounding roughly in my chest. He stood in front us both, glancing at our entwined hands and grinning with the most sinister shine in those brown eyes.

“Well, well, hello,” he greeted, chuckling and staring at me the entire time, not even blinking to rest his eye vision.

I gulped as Harry turned around and came face to face with Satan in a second life form. He stared with no emotion, only opening his mouth to grumble out, “I don’t want to deal with you right now.”

“You don’t get to pick,” he hissed, raising his chin like he always does in that arrogant way. “You see, you’ve crossed the line. Coming to my home and screwing with my property.”

“So? I consider my car my own, so I guess we’re even?” Harry mocked cruelly, his eyes narrowing by the second. His grip on my hand was beginning to slip as he entered the world of his own, betraying anger.

My mouth was dry, already tearing up from anxiety and regret. So, so much regret. Because I knew what was going to happen.

“You don’t get even with me. No one does,” he seethed. “So to close up this little game we got going on here...Serenity, is there anything you want to tell Harry? Any little secrets that are eating you alive?” Derek teased, beginning to grin with mockery.

I was silent. I was paralyzed with fear. That side of me that usually snaps back and fights back has literally vaporized. Harry gazed at me, frowning in confusion and anger.

“No?” Derek asked, already knowing the answer. “Maybe this will jog your memory.”

He began to walk away, and I reached out to stop him, screaming, “Derek, don’t!”

The music drowned my panicked voice as Harry tugged me back towards him, away from Derek who was moving to the stairs. He stood at the top step, gazing at me with amusement. He waved over at the DJ, the music slowly fading out.

“Listen up, everyone!” He shouted, everyone giving him their attention. I felt my heart stop in my chest, my hand leaving Harry’s in all of the fear.

Derek gave a thumbs up to someone near the TV, who was the blonde with curly hair that had slapped my ass that day at the restaurant.

“You all know Serenity Carter as Harry Styles’s lovely, beautiful girlfriend!” He started, chuckling. “She also happens to be my ex. But it’s fine! We’re great friends now! I just wanted to share with you guys what a lovely, lovely girl she really is!”

The sight of him began to blur when I felt tears stinging my eyes. I felt all sign of my heartbeat gone in that instance when I saw a picture flicker against the TV. Immediately, everyone was gasping, laughing, or whistling. My mouth fell agape in shock, in horror. I felt my heart shatter into billions of pieces. Harry, beside me, was looking at the screen with no emotion. Almost like he’s paralyzed by the picture.

I can’t remember when he had taken it on my phone. The four boys in the pictures had given me weed and alcohol that night, and when they saw the advantage, they took it. I was naked, purely visible and the worse part was that I actually looked happy. I looked so fucking amused because I was high and drunk. They touched me and Derek had gotten it all on my phone.

I thought it would be okay to send them to someone who I love, that loves me just as much. That I could trust him. But, it was the biggest mistake of my life.

Everyone kept laughing and gasping as each picture turned to the next. The blonde by the TV kept laughing at everyone’s reaction as Derek said, “Isn’t she fucking lovely! Harry, mate, you’re one lucky, lucky guy!”

That’s when I felt my tears rush down my cheeks in anger, fear, and just being crushed in general. A cry left my mouth, a gasp raking through my body. I covered my mouth with my hand, feeling my face grow hot every other second. Harry hadn’t looked at me, but only continued to stare at the screen in silence. I didn’t know what was going on through his mind. At the moment I couldn’t tell what he felt by his face.

Emily and Clary were climbing the stairs as Zayn approached the blonde with curly hair and turned the TV off. Everyone kept giggling and shaking their heads, mostly the girls. And the guys whistled and shouted profanities at me that crushed me further.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I bolted out the door with a few screams of my name leaving Emily’s mouth. As I ran out, I felt like the biggest, most horrifying thing on the planet. I felt like no one has ever done anything as bad as I have. I felt like the only one in the world feeling so pained and crushed.

My whole fucking life might’ve just been over right there.

im sorry guys, but there it is! Serenity's big secret!

how do you think harry will react to this?

comment and vote! 

it feels like someone waxed entire eyebrow off man. it hurts me to write something where Serenity doesn't make someone bleed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9M 235K 67
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY READ THE REVISED VERSION OF THIS BOOK! Blair Price struggles with a lot of things in her life, such as her mot...
7.5K 572 52
When two strangers in be past collide in the present, the perfect crime could become a nightmare.
1.4M 59.4K 53
In order to be taken seriously, Lexi has had to become something she hates; emotionless, ruthless and a little bit brutal. But despite the tough ext...
998K 17.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...