The Billionaire's Assistant t...

Od ShafiraSardar

He would have never hired her. One glance at that woman and you could just tell she was trouble. Scarlett Arc... Více

Temptress
Miss Scarlett Archer
His Ego
Goddess of Teasing
A Quiet Night In
Coffee Made With Love
Lovely Dinner
The Argument
Hot Chocolate
Scarlett's Needs
Michael's Skills
Plans for Christmas
The Ex-Boyfriend
Christmas Party
Christmas Dinner
Cuddles and Pancakes
Noah The Hero
Scarlett's Confession
Drinks with Michael
Tiny Human
Snarky Scarlett
Proper Adults
Noah's Demands
Emma's Breakdown
Shady Restaurants and Proposals
Two Peas in a Pod
Turning the Tables
Sweet and Gentle
Connecting
Difficult Conversations
Violet Starr
The Wedding
Noah's Footsteps
Distracting Scarlett
A Big Family
Company Plans
Scarlett's Thoughts
Epilogue

A Friendly Kiss

11.9K 567 16
Od ShafiraSardar

The boring meeting went on forever. Lucian started to wonder if it would ever end. His brother managed to slip away flashing him a playful look. He couldn't stay mad at Noah though. He had a family to go home to. That being said he also had plans. Scarlett didn't look annoyed, she was quietly sitting beside him typing away to note down anything of importance. He could smell her subtle floral perfume. It was a fresh scent and luring him in. He tried to ignore the woman beside him and decided it was time to end this meeting.

"We all need to take a step back and think this through." He got to his feet, straightened his navy jacket and flashing them a polite smile, "The next time we meet up I want you to pitch this idea."

"Yes, sir."

Scarlett closed her laptop and offered to walk the marketing team to the elevator. While Scarlett was being the perfect host Lucian grabbed his phone which beeped, telling him he received a message. A message from Dawn. He wouldn't meet up with her today, eating out with Scarlett was more important. He let the little vixen know he couldn't make it tonight. She replied immediately that she understood. He pocketed his phone and turned around when he heard heels clicking away.

"Should we leave in half an hour?" He asked her.

"Sure." Scarlett agreed, she grabbed her laptop, "I'll email you the notes of this meeting."

"There is no rush."

He let her walk out of the conference room first and followed after her.

"It's okay, I rather get it done today."

He smiled at her, "Okay, thirty minutes." He reminded her.

"Got it!"

He chuckled hearing the huff in her voice. He left her to it and strolled to his office. He made use of his private bathroom in his office to freshen up. He refreshed his cologne and made sure his hair was still perfect. He then sat back down in his desk chair and read through a few emails. Twenty minutes later he received an email from Scarlett. He opened it and saved the document attached to it. She proved to work well under pressure. He was so proud of her. She was definitely as good as Lara. He didn't dare to say she was better than his old assistant. Lara had been amazing and he appreciated that the woman helped him out. He shut off his laptop, grabbed his things and left the office. He met up with Scarlett at the elevator. She looked up from her phone and smiled at him.

"I'm so hungry." She admitted to him.

"Me too."

"That was the longest and most boring meeting I have ever attended."

He raised an eyebrow at her, hiding his smile when he noticed the surprised look in her eyes. Maybe she forgot for a split second that he was her boss and not her best friend whom she could share secrets with. Her wide eyes and pink cheeks were adorable though. He rarely got to see her so flustered.

"Was it now?" He asked.

She pressed her lips together, probably thinking of an excuse. She ran her fingers through her hair and flicked to the side. She looked like a freaking model like always. When the elevator doors slid open he stepped aside and gestured for her to step in first.

"After you, Miss Archer."

She cleared her throat, wrapping herself up in her long beige coat and stepping into the elevator. He followed after her and pushed the button to the lobby. The door slid closed, trapping them together in a very small space while Scarlett felt like hiding from him.

"I didn't mean it like that." She muttered in such a quiet voice he barely heard her.

"Sorry?"

He heard her but he was having fun at her expense. It was what she deserved after she teased him about the marks Dawn left on him. He still wasn't happy about that. He knew he didn't want to spend time with her right now due to her claim on him. It was childish of her. Something he didn't expect her to do. He could have met up with her after dinner with Scarlett, he was sure that wouldn't run too late but he decided not to meet up with her at all. Deep down he knew why but he wasn't going to admit that. It would be a Michael move and he always thought he was different.

"I said that I didn't mean it," Scarlett said firmly.

He turned to look at her noticing the confusing look in her eyes. He had been lost in thought because of Dawn. He couldn't even get back in the playful mood he was in a minute ago.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm good." He nodded at her to leave the elevator first when they arrived at the lobby, he placed his hand on her lower back to guide her to the awaiting car, "I know you didn't mean it. It just dragged on without anyone agreeing. I'm sure the pitch will give us a better perspective."

She glanced at him, "We should get some food in you."

He chuckled, shaking his head at her, "Probably."

They climbed into the car. He made reservations at an Italian restaurant he often visited with his family. The owner knew him quite well. It would be comfortable and he'd be able to talk to Scarlett about plotting against his mother. It didn't even make him feel upset. After this, he hoped things would change when it came to his mother's need to marry him off like they still lived in the nineteenth century.

"You made reservations?" Scarlett asked.

"It's a place I visit often."

She grinned at him, her grin reminded him of Michael a little. She was way cuter though.

"So you're taken me to your special place?" She asked, "I feel honored."

Of course, she was back to her old self, she pulled herself back together quite fast. It was admirable. She also managed to make him smile again. She noticed the little glint in her eyes told him so. They shared a little smile. He then tore his gaze away from her and looked out the window.

"I suppose it is my special place. I visit it quite often with my family."

"Now I definitely feel honored."

They shared a little laugh. The mood between them so much better. He couldn't understand why he was always able to banter with Scarlett. They behaved like long lost friends. She understood what he needed with just a simple look while they met like only a few days ago. He couldn't place it what it was about Scarlett. What made her so special.

"I've decided what I want as a compensation."

Lucian raised an eyebrow at him, "Oh, then don't leave me in suspense."

"One day a week I get to work from home. Lara made it clear that I always need to be at the office, ready to tackle every emergency thrown at you but I'm sure that I can manage with just one day a week working from home."

"I'm sure that can be arranged."

She looked taken back with him agreeing without hesitation. He didn't doubt her though. He knew she was capable of getting work done from home. He could manage without her at the office every day of the week.

"I think we should stop. I'm sure at this point you'd even transfer a million dollars to my account if I asked you to. Maybe there was something weird in your coffee. I need to be more careful with the refreshments at the office."

She was joking to brush off the awkwardness she was feeling. He thought it was adorable at how she didn't allow herself to be wowed by him. She struggled to keep things professional between them. He wanted that from the start but somehow he saw her more as a friend already. Their weekend away would either make things even better between them or it would mess things up. They had to tread carefully.

***

Lucian was sipping his champagne. He went all out tonight, it wasn't a special occasion but there didn't need to be a special occasion to enjoy some bubbles. The smile plastered on Scarlett's face told him that she enjoyed it too. The mood was good, they were getting to know each other. Dinner was anything but professional. They were chatting away as friends. The weekend trip was forgotten. It was getting late, nearing ten in the evening. He didn't want to ruin the mood but they did need to be prepared when facing his mother.

"So this weekend away trip." He started.

She lowered her glass, her eyes glittering with amusement, "Oh right, that's why we decided to have dinner tonight."

"Mom is very protective when it comes to me and Noah. She didn't like Kim that much when Noah introduced her to the family. But now they get along. It takes a while to win her over but when you do your instantly family to her."

"So the girl she wants to introduce you to is already accepted by the family."

"Just mom."

She thought it through, sipping her champagne casually when she finally shared her thoughts again.

"Your mom is going to dislike me from the start." She concluded, "Do we tell her I'm your assistant? If we lie to her and she does run into me things will become quite awkward."

"We tell her the truth. We work together and things just happened."

She agreed, "I suppose we can keep up the lie if we do stay close to the truth."

He refilled their glasses, emptying the bottle.

"I don't want to make things awkward between us but I don't want to cross a line this weekend. So we make my mother believe that we are dating but keep it casual."

Scarlett placed her elbows on the table and leaned her chin on her hands, she was enjoying this a bit too much. The glittering in her eyes made him shift in his chair. It looked like she was up to no good. She could be Michael's evil twin sister.

"Just a few touches and me batting my eyelashes at you should do it then, right?"

He nearly choked in his drink when he felt her foot rest against his ankle and slowly raise up. He shifted again making her drop her foot back down.

"Let's not get overboard with the touches." He warned her.

She laughed, looking like she was having a great time on her own.

"Sorry, I can't help myself around you."

He narrowed his eyes on her, "Miss Archer, I thought we just agreed to never cross a line."

She leaned back in her chair, batting her eyelashes at him innocently. He knew better, he had to put up his guard around her. She would always try to push him. Who was he kidding about keeping things professional between them? That would never turn out the way he wanted. He needed to accept it already.

"Sorry." She smiled.

She didn't mean it and they both knew it.

"Do you have things you need to know about this weekend?" He asked.

She swirled her finger around the rim of her glass, "I think we can figure this out without trying to follow a plan to the dot. I think then things won't look as natural between us. Your mom will figure it out within a split second. Let's just go with the flow this weekend and I promise that whatever happens at your family's beach house will stay at the beach house."

He felt like she was suggesting something naughty but it didn't show in her eyes so he was wondering if she was being the Goddess of teasing again. It was best to call it a night. They discussed what they needed to. They were as ready as they'd ever be to spend some time at the beach house. Michael offered to help them out even though his mother told him to stay away this weekend. He could count on his cousin if things would go south.

"We should call it a night, it's getting late."

She flicked her hair back and finished her drink. She agreed that they should call it a night. He called the waiter over and paid for dinner. He made sure to wrap an arm around her waist as he guided her to their car. They might have had a glass too many for things to stay innocent between them. He needed to stay clearheaded. No touching his assistant in a way that he shouldn't. They weren't at the beach house yet.

"You can come in at ten tomorrow." He told her as they settled in the backseat of the car.

"You're too kind."

When they arrived at Scarlett's apartment he made sure to walk her to her door. He didn't want her to trip and fall flat on her face. She wore high heels and she strutted all over the place usually but he didn't want to take any risks tonight. She told him twice already that she'd be fine. He still walked with her anyway.

"We're here," Scarlett announced as she opened her bag and searched for her keys.

"Dinner was lovely."

She found her keys, unlocked her door and then turned to look at him. She pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, she looked so tempting right now he felt his boxers tighten. He needed to look away and think about literally anything else.

"It was." She whispered. She startled him by leaning in and kissing his cheek, "Thank you, Lucy.

She didn't give him time to find his bearings. She entered her apartment and closed the door behind her. He stared at the closed door, trying to figure out what just happened. He inhaled deeply and then turned around and started to walk away. It was an innocent kiss and nothing more. It was Scarlett showing her gratitude toward him. She always did love to push him. He just needed to remind himself that it didn't mean anything.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

149K 6.4K 25
Parker Haynes life was planned perfectly. Well mostly. He had his business, he invested his money wisely, he was punctual, calm, cool and collected...
33.5K 429 15
Marshall Barclay Is one of the only remaining Heirs left to inherit his father's business, so you would assume that he's a pretty happy guy with all...
86K 2.8K 143
"It's time to focus on the company and stop doing disasters, as I see no other option, you will marry Nathaniel." Scarlett's father said. "Son I thin...
31 0 21
It all started when one of sapphire's best business man, Joseph McArdly, went bankrupted and offered for his daughter's hand in marriage which he gla...