Behind The Scenes. {MAX VERST...

By storywriiterx

Melody Peterson is a well-known actress who everyone knows, but at the same time just as normal as any other... More

introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-nine
thirty
E P I L O G U E
NEW BOOK

twenty-eight

3.3K 37 4
By storywriiterx

Melody
- And then the responses instantly kicked in, making sure my phone kept buzzing and lightning up the whole time, it was quite an understatement that Max was slightly annoyed by it.

"Please turn off your notifications, jeez" Max groaned from the other side of the bed as we were just chilling a bit.

"No! I need to see it when I get an important message or anything" I stubbornly retorted, rolling my eyes as he didn't understand.

Max sighed in frustration and got out of bed. "I'm going to make some coffee, you want some too?" He then asked.

"No I'm fine, thanks" I declined, briefly looking up to give him a small grin.

When he walked out of the room, I couldn't resist the tempt of reading the messages of people who'd all something to comment on the news I'd revealed.

I had heard so many times that celebrities never read articles about themselves or checked the comments underneath their posts because they didn't 'care' about it.

Well then I was clearly an exception..

I scrolled to the picture and tapped on the comments to read them. I knew Max wouldn't be happy if he found out about what I was doing, but I didn't care as I had to know what everyone's opinion was.

- - -
Maxverstappen1: ❤️❤️
Victoriaverstappen: No way! I like this, but you should've told me 🤩
Lucyharridson: woahhh, so happy for you! Alright I didn't see THIS one coming!
RoseEmilyWatson: cuties xx
Danielricciardo: love you too 😛
User1: OMG OMG FINALLY!!
User2: @user1 amazing right!!
User3: nooooo, James out of the picture😭
User4: slut..
- - -

The comments actually kind of surprised me. I'd expected a lot more hate, but it was surprisingly positive.

"What are you doing?" Max suddenly asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed. He had firmly cupped his fingers around a cup filled with steamed coffee.

"Oh nothing" I mumbled, putting away my phone directly.

"Yeah you may be a good liar, but I can definitely see it when you're not telling me the truth.. were you accidentally checking the comments on our photo?" Max guessed, arching an eyebrow.

"No I wasn't, I-"

"Melody Peterson"

I burst out in laughter and pulled him next to me in bed, making him almost drop the mug, "Okay, I admit.. sorry" I chuckled and pecked a kiss on his lips.

Max bit his lip and smiled slightly at me, yet I could see the pain in his eyes which was probably still from the bruises.

"Max.."

"I know, I know.. just- stop focussing" Max said, forming a smile on his lips.

I grinned and pushed myself off the bed, briefly stretching myself and wiping my eyes.

"Okay, so I'm going to visit James to tell him to fuck off.. you stay here and relax, alright?" I suggested, pressing a kiss on his lip.

Max snickered and nodded.

"Just- don't bring yourself in too many problems with him, please" he asked.

"I never bring myself in problems" I answered, giving him a little smirk.

"You definitely do"

I slapped Max's arm playfully and walked away towards the bathroom, ready to take a shower and wash all the sweat of my body.

I took off my clothes and stepped inside the little douche cabin, letting the warm water run down my body. After I was done showering, I turned off the water and grabbed a towel to dry my body and hair.

I didn't plan to put on any make up as I wasn't going to do anything else but visiting James, but when I faced myself in the mirror I couldn't help but put some concealer on the bag under my eyes.

"I'm going, Max" I yelled out of the living room, not getting a response.

I frowned my eyebrows and headed over toward the bedroom.

"Max, I said that-" I stopped when I saw him laying underneath the sheets, peacefully asleep.

I decided not to wake him and I carefully pressed a kiss on his forehead, leaving the apartment.

It was cold outside, for so far the weather in Monaco could be cold, and it made me shiver inside my jacket.

I finally reached Daniel's apartment and I suddenly started to feel nervous. But I couldn't go back and besides, I was determined to let James know how I thought about him.

So I didn't hesitate further and pressed on the doorbell, making it ring immediately.

It didn't take that long or footsteps approached the front door. I saw it was Daniel and his face lit up by seeing me as he opened the door.

"Mel, what a lovely surprise! Come on in! Where's Max?" He ranted in enthusiasm, stepping aside to let me in.

I forced a smile and it surprised me how good he looked, even though he'd been partying all night long.

"Max doesn't feel good, besides, his face hurts" I said and when Daniel wanted to say something I interrupted him, "Oh I'm sorry, I was probably a bit vague, the bruises that cover one side of his face hurt" I snapped.

Daniel's smile disappeared and he sighed deeply, looking down his feet.

"Melody, listen, I'm sorry-"

"You don't have to be sorry, someone else has" I hissed, stepping inside the apartment.

"Where is he, actually? I came by for him, to talk." I explained.

"Erm, he's on the couch, but, please don't-"

"Thank you, Dan" I interrupted, giving him a crooked smile.

I stepped into the living room and stiffened as I immediately faced James. He was holding an ice pack against his cheek and he had a thick, bruised eye.

"Erm- I, I erm.." I stammered, scratching the back of my neck. I didn't know anything to say as I stood perplexed, not knowing James was hurt too.

"Hey.. I'm really sorry for attacking Max last night, I didn't know what I was doing and I-"

So he did start, just like Max had said.

I felt the anger boiling inside my body again and I gritted my teeth, ready to say what I wanted to say.

"Please, spare me your stupid excuses." I coldly hissed, narrowing my eyes in anger.

"Melody, please listen-"

"Tell me, why did you attack him? And don't you dare telling me you don't know anymore because you were drunk, cause we both know that's not true" I exclaimed, triumphantly folding my arms over each other.

"I honestly don't know" he retorted, but I saw his cheeks turning bright red.

"You do. And actually I do too." I stated.

"Don't" James said without any emotions, "just don't" he repeated, it almost sounded like begging.

"You're in love with me, right?" I challenged, sternly looking right into his eyes. James opened his mouth to say something, but I ranted further without letting him speak.

"Well then I've got news for you, I'm not in love with you and I never have been. Oh and it's never gonna happen either. I wouldn't be able to love such a jealous and mean boy like you. Never" I said clearly, making a dismissive gesture with my hands.

"It's not true" James answered sheepishly.

"Hmm?" I asked curiously, not understanding what he was saying.

"It's not true that you've never loved me, because you have, Mel. Those days before you met Max, I was about to ask you out and you would've said yes, I'm sure." He stated.

I let out a breathy chuckle and widened my eyes in disbelief, "This is the biggest bullshit I've heard in a long time, James"

He shook his head very certain, "no no no no... we belong together and you don't realize that. So yeah, that makes it even more painful when you're kissing Max, because you don't realize that we should be together, that you actually miss me."

I rolled my eyes and tried to stay calm.

"I love Max, and I don't love you, so you better back off and leave us alone. That was all I wanted to say. And the next time you try to hurt my boyfriend, I'll give him permission to break all your fucking bones. I'm really sorry our friendship has to end this way, but you're just acting ridiculous." I exclaimed, hardly nibbling on my lip.

"Melody please, you may not see it now but-"

I couldn't see clear anymore and I slammed my fists down the table.

"FUCK OFF! NO means NO! Did you loose your mind or anything? I'm leaving, just know that I would never love you."

I turned around and rapidly walked away as I was absolutely done with James.

"Hey Mel, is it a smart idea to leave all alone while you're in this condition? I can bring you home if you want?" Daniel stood on the stairs and smiled down at me.

"You don't have to." I coldly declined, not able to remain friendly.

"But I want to" Daniel answered, "It's not a good idea to leave this way, Mel, let me walk with you" Daniel said.

He didn't wait for my answer, but already gathered his stuff together. I saw him grabbing his phone and keys and then leaving the apartment.

"It's unbelievable" I mumbled when we entered the streets, actually more to myself then to Daniel who was walking next to me, his hands buried in the pockets of his jacket.

"He doesn't mean it like that, Melody, really" he told me friendly, showing his bare white teeth.

"Oh he does!" I called out, "Daniel how is it even possible he actually believes I've been in love with him?!" I shrugged my shoulders and sighed deeply.

"Because he wants it to be true, happens sometimes, you know?" Daniel forced a smile and I nodded, understanding what he means.

"Yeah but it's bullshit" I huffed, placing my hands in my sides.

"Probably, yes. How are you and Max?" Daniel asked, changing the subject.

"We're fine.. just revealed everything between us and it's calm now" I responded.

Daniel chuckled and looked down his feet.

"And you and Rose?" I questioned, arching an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Wait, what do you mean?" He responded, his cheeks getting a little red.

I giggled and pushed some strands of hair behind my ears, "I've seen you two holding hands at the restaurant and I'm not stupid" I airily mentioned.

"Well there isn't really something between us but.." he sighed and clenched his jaw.

"But?"

"I like her, I do, and I'm sure she likes me too but there's something holding me back" he mumbled softly.

I snickered casually and looked over at him in curiosity, "and what's that 'something' then?" I wanted to know, widening my eyes.

"Erm.. actually, it's someone" he stated.

"Who?"

"You"

I widened my eyes and stopped walking in disbelief, "I'm sorry, what did you just say?"

"That you are that 'something' holding me back" he sighed, scratching his nose.

"Yeah but I mean- I just, I've no idea what to respond on that.. so.." I stammered, frowning my eyebrows.

"I know, and don't worry about it. I won't be a second James or anything" he briefly chuckled and turned back to serious, "but I couldn't just keep it for myself anymore"

"Oh.. well.." I muttered, not knowing what to do with the uncomfortable situation.

"Melody I won't bother you with it and I hope we can stay just friends, I know that you're with Max.. so" he shrugged his shoulders and forced a small smile.

"You're right" I exclaimed, "but you should definitely try to make things work with Rose, she likes you and I'm sure you could be with her one day"

Daniel looked right into my eyes and nodded, "I'll try, when I'm ready" he said.

I nodded and patted him on his shoulder playfully, a soft smirk plastered on my face.

"Do you want me to keep it between us?" I curiously asked.

"I'd appreciate it if you can keep it between us but.. I can also understand that it's not good to keep such things behind" he mumbled.

"Yeah that's true, but I'm sure Max wouldn't mind if I kept one little thing away from him, so I won't tell him" I decided.

"Thank you, then I'll try to follow your advice and make things work with your bestie.. we'll see how it goes, because I really like her, it's just that I'm not over you yet"

I nodded and smirked softly, "You know, I'll walk the rest by myself.. if you get to speak to James, tell him that I meant every single word I said to him.. see you soon" I wiggled my eyebrows and chuckled.

Daniel nodded, "Okay, see you" he nonchalantly said and he turned around to walk back to his own apartment.

- - -
A/N
Hey everyone,
I know it's been a while, but I'm back, ready to write the last chapters and then rewrite the first chapters! ❤️❤️

I still haven't decide what I want to write next, so all the help is welcome.

I'm also glad the week full of tests is finally over, it's been WAY TOO busy 😩

But yeah, I think I've said everything I wanted..

Thank you for the 3K, by the way, you're the best xxxxxxxx ❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 64 19
Ava Martin is announced as the first female Formula 1 driver, making her debut as a driver for Red Bull Racing alongside Max Verstappen. With the pre...
27.7K 407 45
Being born into the mafia, you are given the choice at eighteen to stay or leave. But even if you choose to leave, there are always rules that need t...
3.6M 84.2K 72
"The only thing i want from you is to see your name under mine when the race is over." "Pretty sure you want me under you more than you want that." ✼...
242K 5.6K 37
the story of becca sommer and her journey through the academy system to become the first female f1 driver. through grief, regret, betrayal, suffering...