The bad boy saved me|✔

Od QuaintBookWorm

{Complete} (((Disclaimer))) I wrote this book/completed it when I was 13/14, it does not exhibit my current w... Více

Introduction
Part 1: Meeting The Bad Boy
Part 2: Troubled Girl Troubled Boy
Part 3: For Me or For You?
Part 4: Did I Fail Goldi?
Part 5: Goodbye Ryder
Part 6: Welcome a Broken Soul
Part 7: The Fight (part one)
Part 8: The Fight (part two)
Part 9: Go Out With Me?
Part 10: A Horrible Accident
Part 11: It's Never Really Over
Part 12: Pepper Spray
Part 13: Swoon Worthy
Part 14: Fucking Adorable
Part 15: 15 Days
Part 16: Date?
Part 18: Slumber Party From Hell pt.1
Part 19: Slumber Party From Hell pt.2
Part 20: Escape Plan
Part 21: Happily Ever After
CHARACTER Q/A
Sequel.

Part 17: If It Weren't For Him

24.7K 687 906
Od QuaintBookWorm

(Part 17:  If It Weren't For Him)

(Avalon's P.O.V)

"No Patrick. Mayonnaise is not an instrument" Stephen quotes while shimmying side ways.

"Is he high? " I watch him in confusion, while holding my tray.

"Nah, just sleep deprived, happens to the best of us" Xavier shrugs while sitting down at the table, I follow close behind.

God he's weird.

"Guys." Tracey says nervously to everyone once we're all seated at the table.

We all look at her and I raise an eye brow, acknowledging her slightly.

"I think it's time to tell you who I'm dating. " She bites her lip nervously.

I gasp in excitement, Tracey has been keeping this a secret for far too long, and honestly it's been killing me.

I can tell that that statement caught everyone else's attention as well, because soon everyone is tuned into every word Tracey's about to utter.

She shakily rubs her hands together whilst Zahbia looks at her in amusement.

"It's..... " Tracey seems to be at a lose for words.

"Me." Zahbia finishes, not caring for the suspense.

The tables quiet for a moment as the shock takes over.

"Cool" Xavier shrugs while eating his pasta, the only one who's carefree about her secret.

"That's so cute! " I clap my hands and their faces flush red.

Stephen and Lillith congratulate them on their relationship and soon everything's back to normal, no more shocking news.

~ ~ ~ ~

"So I'll pick you up around..... Say 7? " Xavier hums while dropping me off at my house.

"Sure thing" I mock salute him and watch as he drives off on his beautiful black bike.

I turn towards my house and let a smile spread across my face slowly.

"Home sweet home" I mutter while hauling my bags up the patio and into the house.

I can only assume my mother is home otherwise the front door would be locked.

With a huge sigh, I let the bags fall from my arms and into a pile on the floor.

"Mom! I'm home! " I call out while taking off my shoes.

I here a squeal and my mom's tackling me in a hug, knocking my breath out.

She's in a good mood.

"My baby, I missed you! " She cooes and hugs me tighter.

"We still saw each other like usual" I laugh while hugging her back.

I look around the place once our little reunion is over and I feel much better seeing how clean it is.

No evidence showing a break in.

I drag myself up to my room and bite my lip in stress as there's still a stain from the paint on my wall.

Well, everything else is virtually clean.....

My mom walks into my room as I'm digging through my closet for an outfit.

"Hey hunny, I just missed you so much, I came to see how you were doing" She smiles at me and puts a plate on my table.

"And I made cookies" She laughs.

I smile in thanks and turn back towards my closet "well, I'm trying to find an outfit to wear" I decide to shorten it down to that.

But of course, that's not a mom worthy explanation.

She frowns and a semi-sad look crosses her face.

"You just got back... Where are you going off to? "

I feel the guilt course through me, " I have a date... " I smile a little, looking at my wardrobe.

"Oh! " A surprised look covers up her sad one and she claps, basically shoving me to look through my closet for an outfit, as if she were the one going on a date.

I laugh a little to myself, picturing Xavier's face as he watched my mom hop on his bike instead of me.

"How about this one? " She holds up a green turtle neck with black pants.

I die a little inside, wondering why I didn't burn that.

"That's nice mom.... But I don't know.... I feel like that might not fit the theme" I wince as I glance are the outfit again.

"Well it's cold outside! Look, snow" She points out my window where pile upon piles of snow are layered on the ground.

"I think I'll choose the outfit, but thanks.... " I lightly maneuver her out of my room before closing the door and sighing.

~ ~ ~ ~

A knock sounds at the door and I run down stairs to open it but when I get there.....

"I know you! " My mom gasps and eyes Xavier skeptically.

"G-good afternoon ma'am" Xavier says to my mom in fear.

"It's night, you dork" She laughs and motions for him to come in, while she begins to walk farther into the house.

He follows suit and I laugh at his embarrassment while I stand at the base of the stairs.

He looks at me and playfully glares before looking at my outfit.

I have on a grey dress that goes down to my knees and my doc Martins.

It's simple yet I tried.

But holy guacamole does Xavier look nice, he has on his black leather jacket and black jeans, a white shirt under his jacket and black converse.

So in a way... His usual.

"Aw, you two are adorable. Now scatter on, be home before 10, its a school night" She scolds and pushes us out of the house in a hurry.

As we're being pushed out, we run into a tall man with a shocked look on his face.

My mom shifts from foot to foot as I stare at the stranger in confusion.

"What are you doing on our patio" I frown.

"Ava, this is Dan..... " My mom's wrings her hands together.

"He's.... My boyfriend" She looks anxiously at him, as if I'm not supposed to know.

Xavier places his hand on my shoulder and nods at Dan.

I look between my mom and Dan in shock, and my mom gives Xavier a thankful look as he leads me to his bike, one hand on my shoulder.

I don't put up a fight and instead, put my helmet on and hold tightly onto Xavier as he starts the bike.

~ ~ ( flashback brought to you by..... Johnny Johnny) ~ ~

I hold my teddy bear to my chest and stare confused at my dad as he stands in his uniform.

"Hey princess, come here" He smiles down at me and I run up to him, my pink dress almost making me trip with my stubby little legs.

He picks me up, holding me in the air for a second and then hugging me close.

My mom rounds the corner, a look of despair on her face.

"Don't worry hun, I'll only be deployed for 6 months, I'll be home in time for Christmas" He smiles at me and I mess with his dog tags.

"I know but.... It's just... " My mom runs up and hugs him "what if... You don't make it back.... "

"Don't think that way, I'll always find a way back to my two favorite people in the world. " He kisses my mom on the forehead and ruffles my hair.

"Hey princess, I got to go now, but I'll be back, I always come back" He grins at my mom.

"You can't get rid of me actually" He laughs and my mom playfully hits his arm.

"I'll be home soon" He gives us both one more hug and walks through the door.

About 3 months later a knock sounded at the door and I peaked over the couch as my mom opened it, a mess from baking.

A soldier stood at the other side of the door, he handed my mom a few things and I stared with interest at the flag.

Sitting on top of a folded up uniform was my dad's dog tags.

My mom let's out a loud sob and hugs his uniform to her closely, the dog tags falling off and hitting the floor.

I glare at the man, for stealing my dad's dog tags and making my mom cry.

He gives her a sympathetic look and walks away.

I shuffle over to my mom and pick up the dog tags, putting them around my teddy bear.

I'll give them back to dad when he gets home.

My mom bends down and hugs me tightly, grief clear in here features.

"Daddy won't be coming home, baby" She sobs as I register the words.

Daddy left?

I shake my head and pat my moms head, "dad be home soon" I smile at her with hope.

He never came home.

~ ~ (end of flashback brought by kermit the frog)  ~ ~

I shake my head and realize we came to a stop.

I reach up and feel the dog tags that I never take off but never bring up either.

"Hey Goldi, we're here. "

I smile at Xavier through my helmet and hop off the bike.

~ ~ ~ ~

"Dude, this games rigged! " Xavier pushes himself away from the arcade game he's been stuck on for the past hour.

"No, you just suck" I slurp my icy and grab more of the tickets coming out of the machine.

"I don't!  You were the one to rig the game so only you would win! " He glares at me.

"That may be so, but at least I'm not a sore loser" I raise my eyebrows at him and laugh at his exhausted expression.

"Pac-man downgraded on my favorite arcade game list" He mutters and rubs his face in frustration.

"Let's go, if we wanna get to the bookstore before it closes then we'd better go now" I laugh and link my arm in his as we head to the book store.

~ ~ ~ ~

"The Fault In Our Stars is super depressing but sooo good" I show Xavier the book and he nods.

"Yeah, I read the book about a month ago and cr- " He stops himself and clears his throat.

Aw, he has a soft spot.

"Who didn't, that book was sad" I grin before putting it back on the shelf.

"Ew twilight" I mutter while skimming over it, I see Xavier gasp from besides me.

I raise my eyebrows at him.

"I'm not a softy, but that's an amazing book series. " He crossed his arms and glares at me.

Shrugging, we leave the bookstore and I check my phone to see the time.

It's 9: 30

I better be heading home....

"We'd better head out" I twirl the bag in my hand that's filled with books and Xavier nods, looking a bit dazed.

As we walk out to his bike, I can't help but notice how in thought he looks.

Of course I don't mention anything because I know that when I'm in thought, the last thing I want is to be interrupted.

"Hey Goldi? "Xavier questions from besides me as he grabs the helmet for me.

" Hm? " I hum while putting it on.

"I don't know if it's healthy for us to have a relationship" Pain shoots across his face as he tells me.

I stop tying the helmet and look at him in shock.

"I thought... I thought you liked me? " I question while looking at him as best as I can in the eyes.

"You're not safe with me as it is, with me being an illegal boxer and all, as well as other reasons." He runs his hand through his hair and returns to a neutral expression.

"You have to be kidding me" I breath out.

"Ava.... "

"Take me home. " I sit on the motorcycle and ignore his pleading gaze.

He sighs and gets on.

I reluctantly hold onto him and he starts to drive.

~ ~ ~ ~

When the bike stops, I grab my helmet and take it off, chucking it into his arms and without so much as a second glance, I walk into my house.

I slam the door and try to slow down my breathing letting hot tears stream down my face.

After all we've been through.

I peak through the curtains and watch as he drives away, probably ecstatic to get rid of me.

That's usually the case.

I ignore my mom and Dan as my mom calls out to me and I run up to my room.

Maybe he was right.

Maybe the relationship wouldn't be healthy.

If it weren't for him I wouldn't be having someone starting a count down on me.

I it weren't for him I wouldn't be sobbing.

....

If it weren't for him I'd still be in an abusive relationship....

If it weren't for him I wouldn't have the freedom and happiness I do....

______________________________________

I hate myself

Just read the next chapter and flip your shit there.

I want to know more about my readers sooooo.....

What's your favorite fruit?

It's a lame question but I'm a lame person and I practically breath watermelon.

So watermelon for me.

Hope you enjoyed~ QBW 🍉

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

2.7M 18.1K 7
THIS IS A 6 CHAPTER SAMPLE OF THE FULL-LENGTH NOVEL "REASONS TO LOVE A NERD LIKE ME" If you have a Goodreads account/blog and will leave me a short r...
351K 8.3K 31
BEWARE: the writing in this is from when I was younger, and is extremely cringey and cliche. I advise you not to read this because the writing in thi...
77.2K 1.9K 46
[Completed] Rated Mature 36 Chapters A teen bad boy (Ed) proposes a nerdy girl (El) he has been crushing on since junior school. They fall in love...
1.8K 115 35
"You think I want to live like this?!" He shouts in venom, his eyes bloodshot red from anger. That's when I realize, this isn't the person to get i...