the hangover | phil wenneck

By softlovr

When Lily Billings was invited by her brother Doug to go to his bachelor party in Vegas with his best friends... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
update!

Chapter 1

16.8K 174 21
By softlovr

[disclaimer: this is my first book so read at your own risk]

So my brother, Doug, invited me to go to his bachelor party that will be in Vegas which included his but also my childhood best friends: Phil Wenneck, Stu Price and Alan Garner (but we knew him until Doug was with Tracy who is soon to be my sister in law!). I was always close to my brother's best friends even though I am the little sister, but I would always like to do the fun things they liked to do so Doug would always let me tag along. This made me really close to everyone especially, Phil Wenneck!

Phil and I are the closest out of everyone in the group (that Alan likes to call the Wolfpack). I guess I really connect with Phil because we have a lot in common, we both are the trouble makers and seek fun and we both relate in lots of times. And I'm not gonna lie but I do have a huge ass crush on Phil since.... well the first time a saw him.

He was the boy that everyone wanted, I mean everyone wants the hot popular boy at school. I guess I kinda fell in that hole with everyone else. Though, I love our relationship, we consider ourselves BEST BEST friends and are so comfortable with each other and I love how he doesn't care that I'm Doug's "baby sister". He's also the only one who feels like he doesn't have to be so delicate around me - I truly hate it when people aren't like that.

Phil and I did have a fling in high school that no one really knows about, not even my best friend Christy which I tend to tell everything to. One night I was pist that my boyfriend broke up with me, I told Phil and he took me out to a bar and too many drinks led to things and that ended up being Phil and I making out in the back of his car, then on my doorstep, and finally in my room (which we sneaked in quietly so Doug wouldn't hear). We ended up not doing anything further than that because he knew I was a virgin and he didn't want my first to be drunk with someone I wasn't actually dating. Yes, that means I didn't have sex with my boyfriend as it didn't last long enough because apparently I wasn't his type, a jerk I know right! After that I kind of just quit in dating, so I still haven't gotten any action haha.

Anyways, after that we always had a vibe when we were together and we would have little make outs when we were able to sneak out of our hangouts with the guys, but that all stopped when Phil met Stephanie who is now his wife! He has a kid now with her too, his name is Eli, and he considers me as his favourite aunt because Stephanie and Phil like to invite me and Doug over for dinner many times. Eli would then want me to be around him all the time (carrying him, etc.) so we started to create a bond which I tend to do with little kids.

It's not like my crush ever faded though, I still like Phil but I tend to make that not showable now that he's with Stephanie, of course. Though, luckily we're still all best friends because that i'm pretty sure that will never fade either!

"Are you sure Doug, I don't want to really interfere. I mean it is a bachelor party, you know, meant for boys!" I said as I was getting my dress fitted. "Come on Lil, you can never interfere, you're a part of the group! And you always come to our little parties, so it'll be nothing different. Plus Phil will be there and you haven't seen him in a while!" Doug said, encouraging me to go with him and the guys. "Fine! Let me just finish this and I'll pack my things!" I smiled, thinking about how things might go, "I guess I'm going to Vegas!"

Doug smile back, "Yes you are! I'll be waiting in the garage." he said as he left the room.

When I finished my fitting I headed to my room to pack a bag. I packed my black dress and practically the only dress I own and some other outfits as well as some classy and causal shoes. I picked out a cute outfit for today, it was summery cause it's so hot outside and then I kept my hair down.

I grabbed everything else I needed and made my way down the stairs. I saw Tracy in the kitchen and I walked over to her and gave her a big hug. "Have fun Lily and please watch over Alan! You know he can't handle certain things, and I'm trusting you to bring everyone home safely and on time, ok?!" Tracy said with a smirk, which made me smile back. "You can count on me Trace! Byeee!" I said, heading to the stairs that leads to the garage.

I saw Doug waiting outside, so I headed over to his direction and avoided Alan who was weirdly making out with the Garner's dog. "You ready?!" Doug asked, smiling. "Hell ya!" I said just as Sid, Tracy and Alan's dad came out. He began to tell us we could take his really nice Mercedes.

"No way are you sure?!" I asked after I let out a small gasp. "No Sid, really?!" Doug asked also a little shocked. "Come on, you two are family now!" Sid insisted, shedding a small smiling at our reactions. 

"Are you sure? You love this car!" Doug said not knowing what to do, I nudged him to not push it but he didn't get it. "Doug it's just a car! Just make sure when you get there, to put some armour all on the tires so the sand doesn't steap in." Sid advised. "Absolutely Sid, we will! We'll take complete care of it!" I responded, smiling so hard as I gave Sid a quick hug before looking at the car all around!

Seems like we're going to Vegas in style baby, that's the best!!!!!

"That's easy!" Doug said, smiling as hard as me! "And don't let Alan drive, cause.. a.. there's something wrong with him," Sid said as we all looked over at Alan who was still sitting on the floor and still making out with the dog. "Oh and Phil either I don't like him!" Sid mentioned.

I found that kinda funny as Phil actually isn't that bad of a driver, well in my bias point of view. "Lily and I will be the only ones driving this car, I promise!" Doug responded, Sid throwing the keys to him as I sat already in the back seat!

"Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!" Sid said jokingly, we all smirked, "except for herpes, that shit will come back with ya!" His tone becoming more serious.

Doug nodded and Alan went in the front seat - we then headed to go pick up the remaining guys. Doug started driving to a school, I was confused at first but then I remembered that Phil was a teacher, I was still amazed at the thought, never really pictured him as a teacher. Last time I saw him, he was still confused as to what he should work as.

"Do you have to park so close?" Alan asked in a serious tone. I looked at Doug confused, he had the same look. "Ya what's wrong?!" I asked. "I shouldn't be here!" Alan said slightly covering his face. "Why is that Alan?" Doug asked confused. "I'm not supposed to be within 200 feet of a school..."

"what?" Doug and I asked at the same time

"or a Chuck E Cheese!" Alan said but I ignored it when I saw Phil coming out of one of the doors putting on his sunglasses! Oh god did he look good, considering I haven't seen him in a while cause I went to college out of town, my feelings for him are gonna be skyrocketing.

"Hey Mr. Wenneck-" a student asked but was cut off by Phil saying, "It's the weekend Budnick. I don't know you. You do not exist." well that's classic Phil, making me smirk a bit.

Phil stopped in front of the car and looked at it amazed. "Nice car, I'm driving!" he said throwing the bag near me, Doug stopped it before it could actually hit me. "No chance but don't ste-" Doug said until Phil decided to step on the door to get in, "step on the leather, watch the leather!" Doug said annoyed.

"Would you shut up and drive before one of these nerds ask me another question!" Phil quickly responded back, annoyed as well while looking around at the kids until he saw me

"Holy Shit, wait Lily is that you?!" Phil said to me, a excited smile appearing on his face.

"Hey Phil!" I said smiling back. He leaned in to hug me and I hugged him back hard, oh I missed the way he felt!

Wait what am I talking about, stop Lily!!

"I'm glad you're coming along, I mean this wouldn't be a party without you." he said smirking, which only made me smirk back, "Well when is there a party without me in it!?!" I said playfully making everyone snicker. I then leaned in closer, Phil immediately hugging me and moving me closer to him by my shoulder.

"Whose this?" Phil asked confused referring to Alan. "It's Alan, Tracy's brother" Doug responded, as we began driving down the street. "I've met you like four times!" Alan said, kinda hurt. "Oh ya how you doing man?!" Phil said, faking as if he remembered which caused me to roll my eyes and smirk.

We then headed to pickup Stu. When he stopped beside his house, we all saw Stu and Melissa talking through the window. Phil yelled a diss to Stu, his hands to his mouth forming a cup like shape so it traveled further. He looked back at me and saw me laughing my head off quietly so Stu wouldn't hear which only made him laugh — just like old times!

Stu finally came out the door and walked to the car, "Thanks a lot Phil!" Stu said sarcastically. "No problem buddy!" Phil said smiling while Stu put his and Phil's bag in the trunk where all of ours were.

Stu came around to the other side surprised to see me, "Hey Lily, you tagging along?!" Stu asked. "Ya, it was Doug's idea!" I said before Stu tried to get in. There wasn't any room to sit anymore. "Ummm, Doug there's no room back here!" I said but Phil instantly insisted, "Just sit on my lap"

And so I did, he held my waist tightly enough so I wouldn't fall, as Stu got in and we headed on to the road once again. When we were getting out of the neighbourhood, I saw a group of college boys that were staring at me with interested looks. Phil saw them and looked at me with a questionable look on his face.

"WE'RE GOING TO VEGAS BABY!!!" I screamed causing the group of boys to smirk at me and turn around to catch the possible last glance when we drove past them. Doug a little mad and Phil was a little pist as well, but maybe a little bit more jealous than anything due to his tighter grip on me as well as the fact that he scooted me closer to his crotch. Didn't think he'd actually get jealous!

We made it to the highway and what I did earlier I guess gave Alan an idea which caused him to do the same — he yelled "WHOOOO ROAD TRIPPPP!!!!!!!!" As he saw a car drive closer to us with a little blonde girl at the back, he continued saying "HEY, VEGASSSS, VEGAS BABY, VEGASSS!!!!!!!!"

Phil and I looked at each other and were laughing as well as Doug and Stu! The girl turned annoyed and flipped Alan off causing him to calm down and sit back down. Phil gave me a beer from the pack he had stashed in his bag, "Come on let me drive just till Barstow, everybody's passing us!" Phil said as Stu opened the beer for me.

"Absolutely not, I promised Sid Lily and I will be the only ones driving the car!" Doug sternly replied back. "Then you should've let Lil drive, she would've been better!" Phil said annoyed. "Plus your drinking!" Doug said, trying to end the conversation. "Oh what are you a cop now?! Come on, you know I drive best when I'm drunk!" Phil said looking at me to back him up which I was gonna do anyway because thats the truth to be honest, "I mean that's true, don't forget Phil was always our designated drunk driver!"

That caused Doug to laugh so he made Alan tell us the truth of why no one else can drive the car. Apparently Sid loves the car more than he loves Alan so I mean I wouldn't blame Sid!

"Oh whatever, I left my wife and kid at home so I could go with you guys to Vegas, don't you know how difficult that was?!" Phil said sarcastically, "That's really sweet Phil!" Alan said lovingly causing me to face palm myself. "Dude I was being sarcastic, I fucking hate my life. I may never go back, I might just stay in Vegas! You staying with me Lil?!" Phil asked smirking

"Sure, I'm with you!" I said, wrapping my arm around his neck. He smiled and pulled me even closer than I already was, now rubbing my back and slightly playing with the ends of my hair

"Here we go!" Doug whispered quietly causing me to snicker a bit because we all knew what was coming, "You know what Doug you should enjoy yourself because come Sunday you're gonna start dying, just a little bit, everyday!" Phil said which made Alan tell us that's the reason why he's single but none of us believed him, I mean it's Alan, have you ever been in a room with him?!

"Am I alright over there Alan?" Doug asked as he was going to turn, "Ya you're good!" Alan replied. Doug was turning to the other lane when we all hear a huge truck honk at us. We all looked and saw that Doug was gonna hit the truck if he were to turn and would've practically killed me and Phil! The movement of Doug and the truck made me fall on Phil, my butt right on his crotch and my arms and legs wrapped around him, Doug and Stu screaming and me, Phil and Alan laughing our heads off.

"That was AWESOME!" Alan said, still laughing. "That was NOT awesome! What's WRONG WITH YOU?!" Doug said freaking the fuck out causing me and Phil to laugh even harder.

"That was insane, we almost just died!" Stu said a bit freaked out but mostly in shock. "You should've seen your face! Ha! Classic!" Alan said making fun of Doug.

"That's funny!" Phil and I said at the same time, my face on the free area of his neck and his shoulder from all the laughing. I then realized the position that I was in with Phil. He whispers in my ear with a smirk on his face, "You can stay like that if you want!". I punched him gently but whispered back seductively "I would if they weren't here!" making him smirk and surprisingly lean in to kiss me. Though I quickly went back into the position that I was in normally, on his lap! It was true, I would stay in that position if the other guys weren't there, I mean just being on his lap is turning me on.

Shit Lily what the fuck is wrong with you, stop, he's only your friend!

No one said anything else, Phil stayed quiet making shapes on my back and again playing with the ends of my hair, which didn't bother me cause I actually found it quite soothing!

We then stopped at a gas station to use the washroom, get some snacks and put some gas. I got off first as I ran into the gas station to use the washroom while Phil was coming after me heading to the chip section. Doug and a Stu walking slowly in and Alan staying outside to fill up the tank. When I got out of the washroom Phil was eating a bag of Lays Original Chips while looking for some more chips and beer. I headed to him and he gave me the bag of chips he picked out for me.

"Got your favourite!"

"Thanks!" I said smiling and grabbing a case of beer that were Phil and I's favourite. "Got yours!" I said looking up at him and holding the case of beer, "Ours actually!" he said back smirking causing me to snicker.

We then headed to the line up where Doug was waiting looking at Alan. We all started looking at him, especially when an old man walks up to him and says, "Well you got a sweet ride over there!"

"Don't touch it, don't even look at it, go on get out you heard me! Don't look at me either!" Alan said seriously causing the old man to walk away in confusion, I look at Phil who looks confused at what just happened."He's actually kinda funny" Phil said while still eating his Lays Chips, I snickered and took two chips.

"Ya he means well" Doug said nicely, before Alan then threatened the old man that he wouldn't be afraid to hit him in public. "Is he all there like.... mentally?!" Phil then asked. "I think so he's just an odd guy, kinda weird" Doug replied. "Should we be worried?!" I asked, "No" Doug said reassuringly. "Alright" Phil replied.

"Tracy did mention that we shouldn't let him gamble or drink too much. Oh and umm maybe keep him away from Lil. She says he has a slight obsession you!" Doug said quietly.

"What did you say?!" I asked, sort of scared from his statement about me. "It's fine, he won't do anything!" Doug said. "Ill make sure of that!" Phil said seriously, then saying "But Jesus he's like a Gremlin, comes with instructions and shit!"

"He sure does. Fuck!" I said still kinda taken back, it's really creepy that he has a "obsession" over me like umm the fuck Alan?! "You'll be fine!" Phil says quietly as I put the case of beer on the counter.

"And one water" Stu says as he puts a water bottle on the counter from the gap Phil and Doug made so he can get in. "All good with Melissa?" Doug asked referring to his phone call he had as we were searching for snacks. "Oh ya, told her we're two hours outside of a wine country and she bought it!" Stu replied.

"Don't you think it's strange that you've been in a relationship for three years and you still have to lie about going to Vegas?!" Phil asked very much annoyed about Melissa. "Ya I do, but trust me it's not worth the fight!" Stu said but that made Phil even more irritated causing him to say "Oh so you can't go to Vegas, but she can fuck a bellhop on a carnival cruise line!" 

"What!" I said surprised, unknown to the incident."Ya!" Phil replied, Doug nudged him a bit but Phil replied in a shrug. "Ok first of all he was a bartender and she was waisted" Stu said standing up for Melissa which he has to stop doing as she a FUCKING BITCH!  "and if you must know he didn't even come inside her!" Stu said. "And you believe that?" Phil asked, "Ya I do believe that because she's grossed out by semen!" Stu replied making all of us have a stunned face. I wasn't even gonna get into that!

"That'll be $32.50" the cashier said clearly uncomfortable of our conversation. "It's $32.50, you gonna pay for it?!" Phil replied in a irritable tone. He grabbed his bag of chips and grabbed my waist so we can go into the car and get a move on again!

We headed back onto the road and had a conversation about Alan not being allowed to gamble especially because he wanted to count cards which he was reading about in 'The World's Greatest Blackjack Book' which he brought along with him. They went on with Alan telling him how it's illegal and stuff but I felt a bit tired so I turned my legs to the right so they laid horizontally across Phil's legs. I then grabbed Phil by his back as he grabbed me by my back and I feel asleep in his embrace.

///
Hey guys, this is the first chapter of my story and i hope you all like it! Because this is my first story, if you have any recommendations or tips for me don't be shy to let me know! I hope you enjoy and if you do please like and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 91 16
Two days before his wedding, Doug and his longtime friend group of Phil, Ariana, Stu, and his brother in-law Alan, go to celebrate in Vegas to enjoy...
15.1K 485 16
𝘞𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘩𝘒𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘝𝘦𝘨𝘒𝘴, β•°β”ˆβž€ 𝘴𝘡𝘒𝘺𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘝𝘦𝘨𝘒𝘴?! Doug Billings is going to get marrie...
9.2K 378 10
in which chloe hawthorne makes the stupid decision to join her questionable friends for doug's bachelor party, and as a consequence, they all wound u...
62.3K 1K 25
Aspen Price is a bigshot lawyer and happens to be best friends with Doug Billards, resulting in her being invited to his forgettable, yet unforgettab...