Jawbreakers and Glasses

By Arisa_Nightingale

[Rev!Edd x Reader] Being brand new to a new city and a new neighborhood was already enough for you to handle... More

The first day of school
The Wolf's Play Thing
Picture Perfect
Meet the Kanker Sisters
Barbie and Ken
Tire Swing
Stargazing
Prank Gone Wrong
Cul-De-Sac Carwash
Nightmare
Valentines Day
In the Rain
Conspiracy
Natatorium Boy
Truth or Dare
Alpha Vs. Alpha
Old Flame
Prince Charming with a leather jacket
Saturday Morning Out
The Truth
Summer Tradition
Study Date
Bet
Aesthetics, the future, and aesthetics again
Bonnie & Clyde (A Mafia AU)
My Champion
His Madness, his sanity
Q & A
October Fest
Date Due
Don't F*ck with me
Stressed Out
Sudden Inspiration
Eddy's House
Meet my family

Tis the Season

1.5K 41 11
By Arisa_Nightingale

 "Come on Eddy, it's not that bad." You tried to reassure your friend as the two of you made your way out of the crowded high school and into the frigid outdoors.

"It is bad (Y/n)! I have to find a gift for Mrs. Bitch and everyone knows pretty damn well that she hates my guts." Eddy retorted in a frustrated manner.

"Okay, now you're just saying things. Mrs. Neilson does not hate you!"

"I slipped laxatives in her coffee, drew a penis on the white board with a sharpie, and played porn audio during a movie. I'm pretty sure she hates me at this point."

You nervously laughed as you remembered all those events. You could've sworn that Mrs. Neilson's face turned as red as the ribbons that decorated the school. "A-Alright, so you pulled some practical jokes on her, b-but here's the chance to make-up for them!" you urged him.

"Like I'm going to do that!" Eddy snapped, eyes set ablaze with anger and agitation. "You know what?! Fuck this! I'm not getting her, or anyone else jack shit! I'm going home!" He fumed before storming off. You watched as Eddy stormed off in his gray jacket, but not before knocking over a couple of Christmas lights and decorations before he was out of your sight. Suddenly a whistle blew right next to you, causing you to jump and break away from your thoughts. "So, what pissed him off this time?" Edd asked casually, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his black leather jacket.

"Oh, you see, we have this activity we're doing in class, and the teacher wanted to do Secret Santa, and Eddy drew out our teacher's name."

"So not only does he have to get a gift, he has to get a gift for a teacher? No wonder there are flames shooting from his head." Edd said, shaking his head at the predicament.

"Well, it can't be that bad! It doesn't have to be a big gift!" you explained as the two of you began your walk.

"Actually, for Eddy, this is actually pretty bad." Edd explained.

"Bad?"

"Yeah. You see, Eddy is more of a taker than he is a giver. Anyone and everyone that has met Eddy or has been with him for five minutes in his vicinity can understand that, and since it's the holidays, giving is especially hard for him. Back in middle school, Ed and I tried to fix that habit of his, until he learned about Santa, which lead into many disasters, to the point where he had stolen all of the cul-de-sac's presents. We did get it back, and of course Kevin kicked his ass for it, but the universe is a really odd thing." Edd said as he remembered the day as if it were yesterday. "The Cul-de-sac always has a huge Christmas tree where everyone and anyone can decorate it every year, however it just couldn't light up. Now that I think about it, it really didn't bother anyone, but it did make the us disappointed because we wanted to see it glow. Somehow, Eddy's action actually led to him lighting up the Christmas tree. It didn't change his attitude much after that, but ironically, something similar always happens around this time every year. So if you want him to actually go through with this Secret Santa thing, then all we need to do is get the ball rolling."

"And how do we do that?" you asked.

"Beats me." Edd shrugged.

"Oh come on Edd! I need your help! And no one knows Eddy than his best friend, which is you!"

"I don't know, maybe send him downtown where the shops are. I'm sure he's bound to find something there." Edd suggested.

"That's a great idea! Then it's settled! We'll go this weekend!"

"What do you mean by we?" Edd asked slowly, raising an eyebrow at you.

"As in all of us! You me, Eddy and Ed!" you chirped happily.

"Wait wait wait. When did I say I would join you on this adventure?" Edd asked, crossing his arms and stopping his tracks.

"Come on Edd, we can all go!" you urged.

"Who's going to take us! I'm sorry (Y/n), but I am not risking my life on Eddy's parking skills."

"Well, you can take us!" you grinned innocently.

"No." Edd said bluntly, walking past you as he made his way home.

"Edd! Please Edd!" you called out, rushing in front of him to stop him in his tracks.

"You're not very convincing Bunny." Edd said, looking at you with a deadpan face. You looked at him with your best puppy eyes, a hint Naz told you one day if all else fails, as you stepped closer and placed a sudden soft kiss on his lips. Slowly, you pulled away, your cheeks flushed from the chilly air and the sudden kiss, only to see a cocky smirk spread across his lips. "Saturday after lunch." Edd said lowly, causing you to squeal in sheer delight.

"Oh thank you Edd!" you grinned happily as you wrapped your arms around his neck. Edd sighed as he wrapped an arm around your waist.

"I couldn't say no. You looked like a kicked bunny." He mumbled, a slight pink tinting his cheeks as he looked down at you.

When Saturday finally arrived, you swore there was excitement in the air. After closing the front door, you adjusted your coat and scarf and made your way over to the shiny black car that awaited for you. "I'm sorry I'm late." You apologized as you slid into the front seat.

"Oh boy you guys! This will be so much fun! Do you think I'll meet Santa?" Ed asked excitedly, causing you to giggle at his childish antics. "Maybe Ed. We'll see when we get there." You smiled as Eddy buckled in.

"Are you sure that you won't let me borrow this sweet ass ride every once in a while?" Eddy asked with a grin.

"No way in hell." Edd scoffed. "Now, this'll be the last time I say this. If any of you spill anything in this car, I will make sure that you'll pay." With that final warning, the four of you were off.

Soon the four of you had arrived to your destination, and to be honest with you, it was amazing. Reds, whites and greens decorated the streets and buildings along with fairy lights that accented the trees and any empty space. "Hey, you think I can find some babes in those little sexy Santa outfits? You know the ones with the little red skirts?" Eddy asked cheekily as Edd held your hand while you got out of the car.

"This is a mall, not a strip club." Edd replied bluntly, shaking his head at his friend while closing the car door behind you.

"Come on you guys! Santa's here!" Ed cheered before he dashed off at an almost alarming rate.

"Ed!" the three of you shouted before chasing after him.

Hours flew by faster than you had anticipated as the four of you enjoyed the wonders of the outdoor mall. Ed sure enough had his picture taken with Santa, along with some elves and even a horse dressed as a reindeer. Eddy seemed to be excited at the beginning as he hunted for the "holiday babes" however when he couldn't find anyone, he was back to his nonchalant grumpy attitude, though the food did help a little. Even through it all, you and Edd did manage to have a good time as well. You even managed to buy a couple of trinkets here and there. After a couple of hours, the two of you managed to find yourselves in a warm café, sitting in a soft booth in the corner by the large window where the two of you had a view of the large Christmas tree that was in the center of the whole mall. "Are you sure it's okay to let them go as they please?" you asked softly, your hands gently cupping the warm cup of hot cocoa. "I-I mean it's not that I don't have faith in them, i-it's just that-"

"Will you relax?" Edd said as he pulled out his phone and showed you the screen. Looking at it, you realized that it was a detailed map of the mall, along with a red blinking dot. "That right there, little bunny, is Ed."

"Y-You put a tracking device on him?" you blinked in pure shock.

"Yeah. Around the first year of high school, we all went on a field trip and let's just say a lost Ed means trouble." Ed said as he leaned back against the seat, his arm casually over your shoulder. Nodding, you relaxed into the seat before looking over at the window. "Oh look, there's Eddy." You said, pointing at the store across the café. The both of you watched as Eddy stood in front of a couple of women with a familiar person behind him. "W-wait, is that Mrs. Neilson?" you asked, looking a little worried.

You took in Eddy's expression and from what you could tell, he looked pissed. "What's going on?" you whispered. To your disappointment, you watched as the two ladies immediately frowned as Eddy said something. You watched as Eddy's face grew red with anger before he shouting. "Cause she's a better teacher than you old hags! You'd be crying by the time I'm done with you! So don't fuck with my teacher!!" Eddy snapped. The two old ladies gasped before dashing off, causing your jaw to drop.

"Sh-should we-?!" you looked worried before Edd stopped you and pointed over at the window.

"Watch."

You turned towards the window as Mrs. Neilson said something before Edd, now bashful shoved a box at her before storming off. "What...in the world just happened?" you asked as you looked at Edd.

"Dude, did you just see that kid?" one person said by the counter.

"He just told those ladies to piss off his teacher. Now that's pretty dope." Their friend replied.

You looked back at Edd only to see a smirk on his face. "I told you, all you need to do is get the ball rolling and Lady Faith does the rest." You sat there in awe, before a smile spread across your cheeks. "I guess you're right." You replied softly with a giggle.

"Good, now stop worrying your head and look up."

"L-look up?" you repeated, looking at Edd with confusion, before doing so. Immediately a blush formed on your cheeks as a small yelp escaped your lips. "W-When did you put a mistletoe up there?!" you whispered, your face as red as the red bow that was on the bundle leaves that hung on the wall above you.

"When you were watching Eddy's little scene." Edd grinned. A pout formed on your lips as he leaned closer, your face flushed as flush can be.

"Do you always have to find away to kiss me?" you asked softly.

"Can't help it when you look as cute as you are." Edd smirked before pressing his lips against yours. You thanked the heavens that you guys were in the dimly lit corner of the café, or else this would've been embarrassing. Gently, you kissed him back, cupping his face before he pulled away. Surprisingly, it wasn't as rough and needy as it was usually.

The both of you sat in a comfortable silence before Edd's face contorted into shock and confusion and possibly annoyed. "E-Edd?" you asked before you looked over and yelped when you saw Ed's body pressed against the window with a derpy face.

"What the hell...?" He mumbled before sighing.

"Double D! (Y/n)! Come outside! Hurry!" He shouted from the outside. You gave him a nervous smile before Edd got up.

"We might as well before a cop shows up." Edd said as he began putting his jacket on. You too slipped out to put your coat on before grabbing your things and heading out. Immediately, you shivered as you stepped outside in the cold weather before Ed rushed towards you. "Look up (Y/n)!" Ed said excitedly. You looked at him questioningly before looking up and gasped. At a soft and steady pace, snow slowly fell from the sky.

"Oh my gosh. I-It's snowing!" you gasped excitedly as Ed cheered excitedly.

"Yeah that's great and all but can we go?!" Eddy demanded, crossing his arms.

"Oh come on Eddy! Don't be so grumpy." Ed pouted, causing you to giggle.

"I think Eddy does have a point. We should probably get going." You suggested.

"Um, excuse me." You heard a voice call. The four of you looked over to see two girls wearing short Santa dresses with a plunging neckline and black knee-high boots. "Were you the guy that defended your teacher?" the girl with long, blonde hair that was styled to perfection.

"Yeah, what about it?" Eddy asked awe struck. The two girls looked at each other before giggling before turning back.

"You know that was really brave of you." The girl with the brown Ombre hair said, biting her matte red lips. The three of you watched as the girls grabbed a sharpie before they grabbed his hands and wrote something down before leaning over and placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Call us some time." The blonde one winked before the two walked off.

Eddy stood there dumbfounded by what just happen before Edd grabbed your hand. "Good job pal, you actually got what you wanted." Edd said casually, patting his shoulder. "Come on, we're going home." He said before walking ahead with Ed skipping after you. Eddy stood there with his mouth open before looking down. "FUCK YES!!!" Eddy cheered before dashing off after the four of you.

The following week, the holiday party was at full blast. With "The Polar Express" playing in the background, everyone exchanged gifts, got into groups with their friends and chatted while eating, while others quietly watched the movie. You smiled as you stood out side the classroom with Edd and Stephen in their Swim Team jackets. "I just want to thank you so much for doing this. He's a really big fan of you two." You smiled happily, peaking in the classroom to see Ezra happily watching the Polar Express. He was a smart kid no doubt about it, but regardless of his disability, it only made him one bright and happy kid.

"Ah, I love doing these. The kids go wild when we come over to the elementary schools." Stephen grinned cheekily.

"Ok, I'll signal you guys in." you smiled with a phone before you casually walked in. Gently, you tapped Ezra's shoulder and smiled. "Hey Ezra, I got you something." You smiled as you handed him a bag.

"Oh boy! A present! For me! Thank you so much (Y/n)!" he said happily, engulfing you in a bear hug before opening his present. He gasped loudly before holding up a jacket. "Our high school swimming jacket! That's so cool!!" He cheered happily.

"You're welcome Ezra!" you giggled at the pure happiness that he expressed. "But, Ezra, that's not all." You said before you waved Edd and Stephan in. As soon as the two of them walked in, Ezra shot from his seat. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" Exra cheered excitedly as he walked around the class.

"What's up Ezra!" Stephen grinned as Ezra engulfed the two in a hug.

"Oh my gosh! You guys are amazing swimmers! I wanna be just as fast as you guys!" He said excitedly.

"In time buddy. It takes practice." Edd said, patting his shoulder.

"Alright you three, let's take a picture!" Mrs. Neilson said as she pulled out a polaroid. With Edd and Stephen on each side of Ezra, they both held up the jacket and grinned as Ezra smiled happily. You smiled as Edd looked over at you, winking at you before making his way over to Eddy and joined him. You chuckled to yourself as you took in the scene. Holidays were special indeed, whether it's something small as getting a cupcake, or as large as meeting your favorite sport's member, it's simply a time to remember.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.2K 898 18
''❞ onceler x reader ━ you adored the rainy days. the best ones were those spent in your local cafΓ©, gazing through the...
106K 4K 14
【 Yandere!SnKboysxMale!Reader 】 Finally! You have been given an opportunity to work at Reiss Mental Asylum- your job hunting hasn't been great, so to...
76.9K 2.5K 18
↳ π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„πƒ *ೃ:.✧✲゚*q⋆ γ€Œπ’π’†π’—π’Š π’‚π’„π’Œπ’†π’“π’Žπ’‚π’ 𝒙 π’‡π’†π’Žπ’‚π’π’† 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓」 ❝ i really didn't like you at first. like, at all. you were...
14K 429 19
It's done so deal with it. jk ily - - Just a note: I wrote the first two chapters when I was a "beginner" writer and now I'm just too lazy to fix it...