NEIGHBOUR | PJM โœ“

By -hyungnim

๐€ ๐Œ๐€๐ ๐“๐‘๐˜๐ˆ๐๐† ๐“๐Ž ๐†๐ˆ๐•๐„ ๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐ƒ๐€๐”๐†๐‡๐“๐„๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐Ž๐‘๐‹๐ƒ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‹๐„ ๐…๐ˆ๐๐ƒ๐ˆ๐๐† ๐‡๐ˆ... More

NEIGHBOUR
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10
11
12
13
EXTRAS
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

09

15.5K 936 591
By -hyungnim

"Hey baby," Jimin smiled, as Eunji woke up.

"Morning dad!" she chirped, grinning, "Today is your birthday isn't it?"

His smile turned wider, "How did you know?"

She rolled over and pointed to the small Elsa desk calendar on her nightstand, "October 13, see? Happy birthday."

His arms reached down and enveloped the little one's waist tightly, "Thank you my princess," he kissed her cheek, and turned his own for her to peck, and she did.

"So what are we going to do!"

"Hmm I don't know, love, today is all for you and me."

"What do you want to do, daddy?" she asked, jumping off the bed and around to stand in front of him, taking his hands in hers, she started bouncing up and down, "What do grown ups like to do?"

"I just like spending time with you, baby," he leaned down and rubbed his nose with hers, "How about Lotte World? Should we go there today?"

"Oooh yes! Tae Hee said that there's a new ride that I've always wanted to try!"

He bent down and kissed her a few times on the cheek. There were times when he found his own daughter too precious to handle, and now, when she was gushing the way she was, was one of those times.

She giggled, trying to hug Jimin back with her smaller arms, pecking his cheek as well, "You seem more excited than me, daddy."

"Of course I'm excited," he scrunched his nose, "Okay," he stood up and walked to her closet, "Let's get you ready."

--

Good morning love

Jimin smiled at the text that lit up his phone screen.

Jimin: Good morning! Did you just wake up?

Ara: Yeah! Got so many things to do today, have to hand in my application essay to the high school as well as writing some learning stories for a few of the kids. How's Eunji?

Jimin: She's good, we're going out in a bit but do you want to join us for dinner?

Ara: You know what, that sounds great, I feel like that's gonna be the best end to my day.

Jimin: I'll see you tonight then! Can't wait xx

"I'm ready daddy!" Eunji came running into the living room, carrying her blue backpack and pink water bottle. He loved how she was such a paradox sometimes, he remembered back to when they bought that backpack and he had picked out a pink one, asking her if she liked it and she pointed at the blue instead, saying she liked that colour much better. He was happy that she was too young to conform to such stereotypes and then when buying her the water bottle she preferred the pink over any other colour.

"Give me your water bottle I'll fill it up," he reached his hand out and she gave it to him, running around the bench with him as he filled it up.

"What are we going to have for lunch daddy? Do you want anything special?"

"I want whatever you want, sweetheart."

"Daddyyyyyyy," she whined, "Can you not be annoying like this."

"Like what?" he chuckled, "Okay, let's eat at Uncle Seokjin's place!"

"Yes! That'll be so much fun! Can we invite Uncle Tae and Joonie?"

"I just said I want to spend the day with my princess, and my princess only."

She grinned, "Not even with Ara?"

His gaze dropped to eye his daughter, narrowing his eyes, "We can have her over for dinner though."

Eunji giggled, "I hope Ara doesn't get sick of you."

Jimin frowned, "Now why would you say that, Miss? Are you trying to pull my- Hey, sweetheart, what's wrong?" His eyes grew wide as he saw water start to pool in his daughter's eyes, and he crouched down to look at her properly.

"Is that what happened with mom, dad?"

Jimin's eyebrows furrowed, and he bit his lip, "What are you talking about, love?"

"Did mom get sick of you? That's what Tae Hee says happens when kids only have one parent. Or... or did she grow sick of me?"

He sighed, and started brushing her hair away from her eyes, in an attempt to focus on something else as he tried to keep his tears at bay.

How was he supposed to tell her that her own mother had made the choice to walk away from her after she was born, only because she couldn't handle the commitment?

Even after seeing the beautiful look in their daughter's eyes.

Even after seeing her take her first breath.

Even after Eunji had reached for her hand, wrapping her tiny fingers around her thumb.

How could Jimin tell her that for her mother, goodbye was just too easy.

"Eunji, honey," he wrapped his strong arms around her frail body, understanding that while she didn't know the gravity of what she had asked, she sure felt it. "Eunji when your mother left," he sighed, pulling from her and cupping her cheeks, "She didn't do it because she grew sick of me, or of you, okay? You need to know that. And I need you to remember that, for the rest of your life."

"B-But-"

"I'm not sure why you friend said that but what is the one thing I've always taught you when it comes to other people?"

"Don't judge other people," she recited.

"Good girl, and you are?"

"Worthy of being loved and respected," Eunji sniffed before smiling, showing him her cheesy grin. And that's when he saw himself, he saw his everlasting love, his tendency to always put other people before himself, his quality of completely neglecting himself in order to make someone else's day. He saw that in his daughter, at the age of three.

It made him wonder if he should maybe teach her to be a little selfish sometimes - before it got too late.

Because that way she wouldn't be stomped on constantly like he was.

--

That morning they went to the amusement park, and they had so much fun. Eunji dragged him on all the princess rides, sticking tiaras on his head and wands in his hand every time they walked past an accessory stall. He wasn't complaining though, he loved hanging out with his daughter, no matter what they did.

"Dad! Dad dad dad!" she started tugging on his sleeve and he looked down to see her pointing at something across the court. A photobooth. "Please? Please can we take some photos! Please pretty please!" he chuckled, leaning down to scoop her in his arms. There were times where Jimin found his daughter got too cute for even him to handle. And this was one of those times.

Kissing her cheek again and again, he agreed, walking her over to the booth. On a normal occasion he wouldn't say yes to taking photos in a photobooth, the reason being they were so damn expensive for just four or so photos, and he could always take better pictures, seeing as he was some kind of artist.

"Yay!" she cheered, when he pulled aside the curtains for them to enter and pressed the button to start the timer after paying. With Eunji sat on his lap, he began to pose, the only way he knew how to, and that was with his fingers in a 'V'. After the first click, he shook his head to himself. Geez I'm such a dad. Second click.

His eyes widened, he was not ready for that one, he looked up at the timer and saw that the 3 was on the screen for the next photo to be taken and he didn't know what to do-

That was when Eunji had turned quickly and planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

Third click.

That, he definitely wasn't expecting, and his look of shock was prolonged, before his expression softened as he looked down at the daughter who he lo-

"I love you daddy," she whispered, her smile from ear to ear.

Fourth click.

"I love you too, baby."

--

They went to Seokjin's restaurant for lunch, on the menu was Eunji's favourite 'Mermaid Soup' (it was a meal Seokjin had made especially for her last year on her birthday and every time she came over it was what she had asked for), and on the other side of the table were Taehyung and Namjoon, joined shortly by Seokjin when he had finished cooking for the day.

"You know, you guys really didn't have to come," Jimin said to the others.

"Save it, we didn't come for you," Taehyung waved him off, looking to Eunji, "We came for our favourite niece."

Eunji giggled, "But it's daddy's birthday, not mine."

"And why is that even important," they joked again.

"Okay, that's it, you guys get out, leave me and my daughter alone."

"I own this place, Park, if anyone's kicking anyone out, it's me, you."

Jimin pouted, folding his arms over his chest, "I can't believe I consider you guys my friends."

Eunji laughed, ruffling Jimin's hair, "I'll be your friend!"

He kissed the crown of her head, "Thanks love, keep eating though, I wanna leave these misfits as soon as possible."

Seokjin sighed, standing up and getting something from the kitchen table before handing Jimin the large paper bag.

"Happy birthday Jimin."

He gave his hyung a mischievous smile, "I take back what I said about the misfits," he peeked inside the bag to see a suit, dark green.

Lifting an eyebrow, he looked to Seokjin. "Green isn't really my colour."

"Learn to be grateful, man," he shook his head, "Great example for Eunji to follow. Besides, I know you don't have any green suits, that's why I got you one. You'll thank me later, okay?"

"Sure," Jimin smiled to himself, "Thank you hyung."

"Okay, our turn," Taehyung said and Namjoon picked up something off the ground, it was a box, and they slid it across the table to him.

"You guys got something too?"

"Yeah," they shrugged, "We figured maybe you'd pay for our meal if we gave you a gift."

"Hmm, yeah, right," he grinned, taking the lid off the box, his mouth hanging ajar at what he saw.

"No way are these the Dolce and Gabbana shoes that I wanted, no way."

"Yeah way," Taehyung's mouth was slightly open too. "Aren't they beautiful? Also, can I borrow?"

They all laughed, while Eunji propped herself higher on her seat to look into the box.

"Is that expensive?" she asked blatantly, pointing to the box.

Taehyung was about to nod yes but Jimin stopped him, "Remember, expensive things only when you've been a good person and on special occasions, don't you think daddy deserves it?"

"Yeah! I do, I just wanted to know because they look expensive," she shrugged, "Also Dog Chain and Havana sounds expensive."

And at that, the four adults at that table hadn't laughed harder in all their years.

--

After lunch they all spent a few more hours together, watching some movies in Seokjin's apartment, Eunji of course chose the movie - Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses - and they all had a blast. The movie got a lot more fun when the grown men tried to do their best understanding every moment of the film, before of course letting all that go and just enjoying it in its entirety.

Finally it was time for Ara to come over, and after the father-daughter pair had got home and showered, changing into some more comfortable home clothes, Ara found to perfect time to come knocking at their door.

Jimin opened it, tilting his head when he saw her.

"Hello, beautiful," was the first thing he said, and that swept her off her feet right there. Not to add the loving gaze he held her in.

"Hello, handsome," she tried her best to deliver a smile equal in intensity as his but she knew nothing could rival his smile. Nothing.

"Happy birthday," she passed over to him a little bag, much to his surprise.

"You knew? How did you know?"

She shrugged, "I have my sou-"

"Ara!" a voice yelled and she jumped, looking around for the little one, before she quickly rushed around Jimin's legs and squeezed Ara's legs.

"Eunji!" she giggled, crouching down and hugging her back.

"I'm so happy you're here! Today has been the best day ever! And now you're here it's even better!"

Ara watched her in admiration.

It was true, she loved this kid, just as much as she loved her father.

"Okay hold on a second while I go and check the pasta is cooked," Jimin pat his daughter on the head before walking into the kitchen, leaving Ara and Eunji at the entrance still.

Ara caught Eunji's little hand in her own and closed the door behind them as they started walking towards the kitchen, but Eunji stopped her.

"Ara?" she asked, making her kneel down to be at eye level with the child.

"Yeah? What's up."

"Ara, will you get sick of my dad?"

She laughed, "Oh, I dunno, sometimes wh-" the serious look in Eunji's eyes made her stop in the middle of her sentence and clear her throat. "No, sweetheart, I would never."

"Good. I really hope you don't as well."

She sighed, nodding slowly and standing up again, walking to the kitchen, but stopped again. This time she pulled Eunji up into her arms and tickled her stomach.

"And honey, I would never get sick of you either."

Eunji lowered her head and her body shrunk into itself, into a little ball. But Ara could see the small smile forming on her lips and that made her kiss the crown of her head. She had always tried to refrain from kissing Eunji, didn't want to overstep. But something in the way she had asked that question before made her think she needed to let Eunji know that she cared for her.

After putting her down, she ran over to the table where Jimin had served the pasta, and got ready to eat.

She, however, stayed in her place, watching as he poured the pasta into three bowls, stroking Eunji's hair here and there. And then as he poured a little drink as well for them, sipping a little bit before looking up and catching her gaze.

He smiled a little and put the glass down, walking around the counter and up to Ara.

Hands reaching for her waist, he searched her eyes for a few seconds before speaking up.

"Are you okay?" his voice was faint but she heard it. Taking a few small steps backwards, pulling him with her, she made sure they were in a position that was out of Eunji's field of vision. Jimin understood what she was doing, a smirk playing on his lips.

"What are you doing?" he asked, a whisper again.

"I just wanted to say happy birthday," she replied, in an equally quiet manner.

"You already did, though."

"But I didn't..." she craned her neck up and pecked him once, before looking back into his eyes, and then capturing his lips fully in another sweet kiss. "Do this."

"Mhmm," his smile was evident in the way he kissed her back, "you didn't."

She leaned away, tilting her head and smiling at him.

"Can I take a photo?" she asked, realising that they didn't have any photos together.

"Can you? Well of course you can," he grinned, "Can we take one with Eunji as well?"

He reached inside his coat pocket to pull out his phone, and Ara saw a glimpse of something else coming with it, fluttering to the ground. Jimin, however didn't notice, so she picked it up, holding it out for him to take, but the photos caught her eye and she couldn't look away.

So before he noticed she was holding it out, she pulled her hand back in.

It was photos of Jimin and Eunji at the photobooth, and as she observed through the series, she couldn't help but smile.

Smile so hard her gums hurt.

The first photo was a confident Jimin, posing with the V sign by his face.

The second photo was a shy Jimin, smiling to himself.

The third Jimin was a little surprised, head pulled down slightly so that Eunji could peck his cheek.

The last Jimin was grinning as he stared fondly into his daughter's eyes.

"You look beautiful, Jimin, when you look at your daughter," she said, looking up at Jimin.

"And you."

"Huh?"

"You said I look beautiful when I look at Eunji," his eyes, still boring into hers, "It's because I love her."

"Yeah, I know, love makes-"

"Which is why, I must also look the same when looking at you."

"Uh... wha-"

"Gosh, Ara, I'm trying to say I love you here and yo-"

She grinned, opening Jimin's coat and putting the photos back into the inside pocket, before using that same coat to pull him down, their lips attracting the other like magnets.

"And I love you, Jimin," she whispered.

It was so quiet she knew her heart beating must have been even louder than her words. But Jimin heard it, her heart, her words her whole being in a mix of emotions with his. He might have just had the best birthday ever. 

════════════════ 

You guys have no idea how nice this feels, reminds me of the old days when I used to write until I fell asleep at my laptop, would update an unedited piece and then read it in the morning and edit it before school. 

Here I am, eyes drooping as I write my author's note but damn I feel good. 

Thank you guys for waiting for this update, and so sorry it took so long. This series wasn't even supposed to get this long, it was just supposed to be a few one shots but wow it has gone better far, aye?

I hope you liked that chapter, and I'm not sure if you've realised but my writing style may have changed a little bit. It's because I've been influenced by a few things I have read recently, and I'm also thinking of publishing some original stories on another account at yourestardust so I hope you guys will keep a lookout for them! They won't be fanfiction but I promise you they'll be a lot better than everything I have written here. 

Anyway, update me on how you guys have been! How school/uni/work/life is going! I would love to catch up! I was thinking maybe doing a live stream on instagram or somewhere else with you all if you'd like because I would really love to talk to you all properly and now I actually have the time to!

Let me know what you'd prefer, if you'd like just a simple Q and A in one of my stories that's alg too! I just want to interact with you all a bit more :)

Also! I have made a dramalist at MyDramaList so if any of you want to check out my profile and see the dramas I have watched or currently watching and my ratings, as well as the ones I highly recommend to watch, my username on the site is jmthvmin, check me out! And let me know what your usernames are if you have an account too! 

I hope you all have a great day/night! 

Love you more than you can imagine xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 2.7K 35
"Be mine." It was never her intention to fall in love again after the agonizing heartbreak she had endured. That was until someone with a smile equi...
40.4K 1.7K 16
SAMPLE of completed novella! :) You can purchase the full, original version on Amazon here: https://rb.gy/x3cy4 ๐–๐‡๐„๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐Ž๐ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐“๐‡๏ฟฝ...
61.5K 2.7K 26
โš ๏ธ The following content is a work of fiction and the story has nothing to relate with the mentioned idol or his life. The characters are solely a pa...
379K 30.9K 93
Park Jimin is your first love and the father of your child, but five years ago he abandoned you for his dream and never looked back. What happens whe...