The Revolution (Male Reader)

By Daralynne-Hallfahmas

(Korra X Male reader) 'We were shamed, Noatak was no longer the leader of the cult and I no longer had power... More

Hi
Updates
Trailer: The Revolution
Fanart
Book 1: Earth
1
2
2b) Shop Assistant
2a(2)
2b(2)
3
4
5
6
7
7a
7b
Book 2: Discovery
8
9
10
New Art!

2a) Underground Fighter

1.9K 24 3
By Daralynne-Hallfahmas

(Your name) kept walking, not exactly walking to any particular place. He now had the hassle of needing to make money. What was he going to do? Maybe he could work in a small shop.

(Your name) saw something from the corner of his eye, seeing a poster pasted on a brick wall. It advertised the underground fights he had heard of, where benders would defeat other elemental bender opponents for money. Maybe he could participate in those...

Yes, that's what he'd do! He could make easy money, well maybe not easy money per say, but you get my point.

'Tonight, Shey Bing Ally Market, 9:30pm'  it said in big clear font.

That's where I shall go tonight, thought (Your name). I'll make money quicker anyway, plus, once I get the earth bending training I need, I'll be able to pay for all my expenses to leave Ba Sing Say far quicker.

...

Blood gushed out of a man's head wound as he stumbled backwards, his earth bender clothing in tatters currently, and he tried to grasp for what was not behind him, support of some sort. Maybe he was trying to grab hold of the wall that surrounded both men.

The crowd roared as both earth benders battled it out, and there were a few men louder than the rest who knew that the one they had set their bets on was going to win.

The other earth bender in the battle pit spread his feet apart, aligning his centre of gravity with his mid section and sent a mountain of rock towards his opponent. The said opponent was hit and fell to the floor gasping while holding his obviously injured leg. The referee counted to ten seconds until he declared it officially being a knock-out.

(Your name) thought about turning back and looking for a job as a shop assistant, he turned back around...

Your Choice:

This is the only time you can change your mind and become a shop assistant, and if so please go to 2b) instead. If you are still confidant with your decision as an Underground Fighter, please keep reading.

...and headed towards one of the bodyguards, who's sole job was to mostly tame some of the fights outside the ring.

"Excuse me, do you know who runs these fights please?"

The bodyguard, who was a bulk of a man, with long brown hair braided into a plait and had an olive complexion gave the shorter man a threatening glance. His chest seemed to suddenly puff out and his dark green eyes shone dangerously. Not that (your name) couldn't handle him though, he was taught the art of blood bending after all.

"What do you want with the Boss?" The bodyguard asked, but it sounded more as a threat, and his figure seemed to loom over (your name)'s. (Your name) stood his ground though.

"I was looking for a job, in the ring I mean."

"We don't need anymore referees and we have other fighters."

"But-"

"The Chow Min Corporation has enough staff-"

"What is going on here?"

The bodyguard stiffened, then quickly turned as he stood at attention towards his elder.

"We were just talking about job vacancies Sir, and I was telling the man that we have no more."

The older man's golden eyes gleamed in the darkened room, his light complexion and suit seeming to give a business like aura. "And what job were you looking for exactly?" The man asked, turning towards (your name).

"I was looking for a job in the ring, you know umm, as a fighter." (Your name) inwardly cringed at his sudden lack of formality. "-Please Sir."

The older man ran a hand through his neat black hair, looking at (your name), deep in thought. "We have all our spots filled for fighters. What nationality are you boy?"

(Your name) gave a slight bow of his head, indicating his respect. "I am from the Northern Water Tribe."

The man's brow rose. "So your a water bender then?"

(Your name) nodded. "Yes Sir, born and raised."

The bodyguard gave a curt laugh. "You look nothing like a water bender. You speak lies."

"Quieten down Bajin." And then the man turned his attention back to (Your name). " I tell you what, all our fighters are earth benders, and I'll give you a job if you can prove yourself in the ring and win. We need to go in another direction with the fights, we haven't been accumulating as many customers lately, and I think a fairly decent water bender could change that; for the better. You do you say?" The man's outstretched his hand towards (your name). "Do we have a deal?"

(Your name) gave a small smile towards the man standing before him as he took his hand and shook it in agreement. "We have a deal."

...

A mass of rock smashed into one of the contenders faces, knocking him out. Several people ran into the ring, grabbing the man's arms & dragging him away. The crowd went wild. (Your/name) glanced at the lone man walking out of the centre of the ring, whooping & cheering as he exited the spotlight. The crowd roared in approval.

Perspiration covered (your name)'s brow. It felt wet, and it stung his eyes as it seeped its way down into his view. (Your name) rubbed his hands together, friction against his hands and the traditional water tribesman white bandage wrappings that were woven around his hands somewhat calmed his erratic thoughts. Somewhat.

Besides, (your name) is the son of Yakone. (Your name) had nothing to worry about.

The announcer screamed the name of his opponent through the speakers, The Defeater.

(Your name) almost snorted at the name of his first opponent. But then again, his was not much better. No scrap that... It was worse...

"And I would like to announce our newest member of the Chow Min Corporation of fighters, and yes, he's a water tribesman from the North, give a gracious welcome to the Sea Horse!"

(Your name) entered the arena, a couple of people gave him a clap, but most either laughed at his stage name, or stared at his mixture of earth benders fighting attire ( given to him to borrow, thanks to the Boss himself ) and of course his water benders fighting clothes. Sea blue pants, earth benders green tank top, water pouches strapped to the belt of his waist, arm wraps, and bare-footed.

The Defeater, was a muscly looking man in his mid twenties with black, dirty looking hair, pale skin & lime-green coloured, earth bender eyes much like one of his own eyes. He wore the usual earth bender fighting gear, as well as his own earth bender green tank top.

"I WILL ANNOUNCE THE RULES AS WE HAVE A NEWBIE HERE TODAY!" The crowd were chattering more than ever. "THERE ARE NO RULES, JUST MAKE SURE YOUR OPPONENT IS ON THE GROUND FOR TEN SECONDS. ARE WE READY TO RUUUUUUMMMMMMBBBBBBLLLLLEEEEE!!!!!"

The crowd roared in approval.

"NOW TAKE YOUR POSITIONS, READY, SET...GOOOOO!!!"

A siren was heard soon after and (your name) was lucky to move away, just as a clump of dirt hit the wall beside him and sprayed bits of earth everywhere. (Your name) had fallen over during the attack, dust coating his face, plastered onto his forehead by his perspiration. (Your name) looked up quickly only to be battered by a piece of rock, about the size of a large cabbage slamming into his face.

(Your name)'s body was thrown to the ground, there was no time to yell and by the time (your name)'s skull hit the earthy ground of the fighting arena, his head was in a state of confusion, his mind only acknowledging the pain that was coursing through mostly his face, and the jeering that could be heard from the crowd above, all around him. The Defeater was smirking in victory, turning towards the crowd as they cheered in the Defeaters presence.

"SEVEN, EIGHT..."

(Your name) used all his effort to push himself off the ground, swaying slightly. He heard the crowd quieten down slightly in anticipation, and (your name) caught a glimpse of the Bosses slightly impressed face, for not many people could easily stand up from such a pummelling attack.

Pull yourself together (your name), you are son of Yakone, you are THE Avatar.

The Defeater stared at the suddenly quiet crowd in confusion, turning only to be met with a  stream of water slashing as his stomach. The man stumbled as he grasped the injured area. The opponent looked up, and his eyes widened at the bloodied face of the Sea Horse, green and grey eyes glowing in what could only be described as an all-knowing look, a look of a weird sort of calm, a look that spoke of authority and power.

The Defeater shook his head slightly, at his own stupidity at just standing and staring, it was time to hit the so-called Sea Horse for Aang's-Sake! Get your head back into the game, you ARE the Defeater. You will not let a petty water bender beat you!

The Defeater threw a boulder towards the Sea Horse, but with each new attack, the Sea Horse seemed to dodge every single one, almost like he was at one with the wind. The Sea Horse was exceptionally light-footed, and it almost looked like he was not touching the ground. He was of course, but the Defeater and the entire crowd had never seen someone fight quite like the Sea Horse, they had only ever seen earth benders fighting, minus that one water bender girl once, but she had been a complete failure, she had barely stayed standing for more than half a second...

But the water bender was not attacking what-so-ever, in fact, for the next six or seven minutes or so, all he did was evade every single one of his attacks, as though he was being blown about by a breeze, yet there was no breeze in the underground fighting rings. All there was was an undeniable stench of people and the high, stuffy humidity.

As such, said humidity and the Defeater's continuous onslaught of attacks was tiering said Defeater out. And as such, his attacks slowed down, and as his attacks slowed down, so did his aim, which became horrible; and by the end of all this, the Defeater is hardly throwing attacks that anyone would deem 'worthy'.

Finally, the Sea Horse started to attack, sending quick jets of water at certain parts of the Defeaters body; elbows, ankles, behind the knees, for instance, making it harder & harder for the Defeater to defeat the Sea Horse. After these quick attacks went on for a minute or so, something happened.

The Defeater would swear upon his life from that day on that he saw the Sea Horse's eyes turn into a completely, glowing white-ish-gold for less than a second before the Defeater felt the final blow as a great wave of water hit him. The commentator and the guards had to incase the Sea Horse in a steal and earth tomb, with his head popping out of the top of it, before he drowned the Defeater. The Defeater was now defeated.

The crowd roared, and the Sea Horse was eventually let go, after they were certain that the young man was not a threat anymore. The Sea Horse at that moment, as he was being guided back into the prep room of the arena, seemed almost in his own imaginary world. He had turned rather quiet, not that he wasn't before by any means, but he looked as though he had seen a ghost in the arena.

(Your name)'s stage name was whispered amongst the people of the city, as news broke out about the quiet, but deadly water bender. News also broke out about the Defeater, as word got out about his sudden retirement, as the injuries to the back of his knees, as well as his joints had caused him to become physically disabled, as he now had to get around in a wheel-chair...

Words: 2048

Watch out for the next part: 2a(2)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 843 29
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
54.9K 1.8K 28
Fem!reader, 1st person POV I felt myself being shaken awake. I already knew something was definitely wrong as I groggily opened my eyes. There was b...
34.4K 986 59
In this story Hiei is the grandson of Fire Lord Zuko and son of Izumi who is the new Fire Lord and his father was also an Airbender besides Avatar Aa...
109K 2.5K 22
COMPLETED! 'Aya's my angel and I'm never letting her go.' After seeing Azula strike Aang with her lightening, Aya's entire world fell into a black h...