A Yandere's confusion and lov...

By Sugarcube66

Ever since she was a baby, Aishi Ayano hasn't been able to feel emotions. Even though her father tries his be... More

Week 1 - Kokona (Tuesday)
Week 1 - Kokona (Wednesday)
Week 1 - Kokona (Thursday)
Week 1 - Kokona (Friday)
Author's note

Week 1 - Kokona (Monday)

491 9 2
By Sugarcube66

Akademi High, a prestigious school situated in Buraza Town, stood upon a tall hill that overlooked the town below. Greenery stands out amongst the school grounds, creating a beautiful contrast between the green and the school's exterior white and yellow paint. But the main attraction to see is the row of cherry blossom trees in the front of the school, they really stand out - especially during the spring months around graduation and the beginnings of the following school year - and most citizens of the local area would talk about it's beauty. Since it was currently April, the cherry blossom trees were in full bloom for all to see. It made Akademi High a beautiful place to go to for the students that attended

Speaking of attending students; due to the prestigious nature of the school, there is an quite difficult entrance exam as well as tuition fees. Thus, the school receives only 30 students every year on average that they divide over two classrooms. But those reasons aren't the only for the low student applications, the school has a dark history that means parents end up more likely choosing against sending their children there.

That dark history, people talk about it all the time, is of stories from the 80s. A unknown serial killer roamed the school, believed to be one of the female students that attended, and killed a minimal of 8 students according to police records - but it's believed she killed many more due to disappearances during the time. One student was trailed during this time due to belief that she had been the serial killer, but the evidence gathered by a journalist, that was tasked to the job, couldn't prove that she was the killer and thus she was released back into the public. This could the police department to be ridiculed for years following and the school refused to let police investigations last more than an hour on school grounds.

The student believed to be the cause was Aishi Ryoba, who soon grow up and married a man that she had fallen in love with during her teenage years attending Akademi High. Many of the local community were happy that she was no longer suffering under the belief that she was the murderer, and that she could live happily. Not long after her marriage, Ryoba gave birth to a healthy baby girl that the couple named Ayano.

Ayano was a quirky child to put it mildly, she never really displayed emotions and more just acted upon her senses for food and such. But all tests that doctors ran proved that she was just a healthy child, and that there was nothing they could do regarding her numbed emotion displayed. However, Ryoba knew about this 'quirky' nature and knew about how it worked. Since she was also the same during her childhood up to when she met her husband. Thus, from a young age, Ayano was often told that one day she'd meet someone that would allow her to feel emotions.

As she grew, Ayano quickly seemed to realise that lacking emotions were considered creepy and abnormal by the other children of the elementary school she went to. Thus, to make herself seem more normal, she began to mimic the actions of others to be perceived as a normal and emotion-filled child. The only child that knew the truth was her best friend, Gurin Midori, a hyperactive and loud child that Ayano ended up befriending more out of the fact that the Aishis and Gurins knew each other from back during school.

When Ayano reached the age for entering high school, her mother immediately set to work putting the emotionless husk of a girl into Akademi High due to it being her Alma Meter and wishing for the child to follow in her footsteps. For better....or for worse. After Midori found out, she followed suit and managed to pass the entrance exam by pure chance as she wasn't the brightest tool in the box due to a mental condition that stunned her intelligence and emotional ages.

Thus, the two teenagers entered the school together and had a relatively uninteresting year for the both of them. Midori, being more the social type, managed to somehow make friends with the entire student body over the course of the year whilst Ayano remained reclusive and just paid attention to her studies as she hoped that she'd find the key to her emotions one day. Unlike Midori, who quickly settled into a club, Ayano didn't partake in any after school activities as they never sparked any interest or emotion from her.

But now, during the current time, a year had passed and the pair were in their second school year. It was a week into the year, and most of the first years had settled into their new routines and schedules. Ayano paid no mind to the younger students, only really noticing them when they would ask her for directions. But Midori was already on her quest to befriend all of them like she had done the previous year.

When she first arrived at school, Ayano just wandered the school aimlessly without a proper goal in mind. She never really focused on anything for long periods of time as nothing intrigued her. Honestly, her life was really just dull and uninteresting as she had no real hobbies. The only things that she would do at home was occasionally read manga and watch anime, though she also owned a cat by the name of Freckles due to his freckly white and black coat. 

Opening up her phone, she checked the time: 7:30. She was wandered the halls for half an hour with nothing to do. She wasn't social, so she didn't hang out on the rooftops like some of the others and she wasn't a member of a club. She looked around the corridor, seeing students like the gardening club and cooking clubs wandering around. Sure, most clubs didn't have 1st years yet so all the clubs were pretty school. As she walked over the the entrance of the school, Ayano caught sight of Midori hanging around with another 2nd year, Osu Pippi, and a 3rd year, Ippongo Ryuto, that she half-recognised from the gaming club. Seems like they had yet to recruit a 1st year to make their club more official. But as she saw them walk off, she saw a pink haired girl with unique rainbow colored contacts watching the group as they played their mobile app.

After she witnessed this, she decided to head outside. Maybe she could get a cold drink from the vending machines, her need to drink telling her what to do as opposed to a want to do the task of getting something. Heading over to the outdoor cafeteria, she was taken slightly aback when she saw a purple haired girl with unique drills in her hair (Though she could have sworn she had seen that look before....) standing by the wall with a phone to her ear. She normally wouldn't listen into conversations, but something about the girl's unique look actually caused to to hide behind a nearby bush to listen in.

"-To call me when I'm at school!" the girl yelled, Ayano's ability to listen in cutting off the start of her sentence. But she could assume that whoever the girl was talking to, this 1st year was telling 'not' to call her. "Like I said, that was a one-time thing! I don't wanna do that again!" those two lines caught Ayano's attention for a second, a one time thing that this 1st year didn't want to repeat.

Thinking about it for a moment, she had heard rumours of students taking apart in compensated dating in Shisuta Town. To the point that the curfews in the town were getting earlier and earlier to prevent the teenagers engaging in the considered disgusting act. This thought line was confirmed after the 1st year began to talk again, slightly stunned and with sadness in her voice. "....H-how...much did you say?" it seemed like she really didn't want to take part in the dating, but the draw of money was keeping this girl locked. "...W-well...if it's just one more time, then.....I guess it's okay..."

Ayano looked over at the girl's face, some faint tears were rolling down her cheeks as she continued after a little pause. "....How about tonight? W-where we met last time, in Shisuta Town..." another pause, clearly an acceptance or rejection from the person on the phone. "Okay then...s-see you tonight," the girl then turned off her phone and with despair in her voice, she whispered. "...I...c-can't believe I'm doing this..."

Moving before she wasn't seen, Ayano made her way to class as a persistent thought in her head. If this purple haired girl didn't enjoy what she was doing, what sort of reason could be forcing her to earn the money? It was strange, nothing had ever got this much attention from the emotionless girl. Before she headed up the stairs to the 2nd floor, Ayano made a quite stop to say good morning to her other childhood friend, Dere Kiku or often referred to as Kuu. But the blue haired girl just gave her a blank stare with red eyes, after muttering a 'good morning, Aishi' in response.

Heading into her class of 2-1, Ayano sat down at the back of the classroom in the seat in the middle. She hadn't particularly chosen this seat, there was a seating plan, but she felt practical sitting here as it was easy to get up and leave the classroom post lessons plus it was shaded from the sun. There wasn't many students here yet, just some randoms from different clubs that had littered in around the same time.

Shortly after a little while, Midori came toddling in with her green phone (It had a unique red ribbon that was the symbol for the gaming club) still exposed in her hand. She caught sight of Ayano and her face brightened up like a thousand little Christmas lights. "Yan-chan, morning!" the green haired girl charged forward and leaned on the emotionless girl's desk, with no sense of personal space. If Ayano cared, she probably would have been angry....but she just stared blankly at the girl leaning all over her desk. "Hey, Yan-chan. I saw you this mornin', you should totally join a club. Then you won't be so bored wandering around."

"...I wasn't bored-" Ayano started, but she just paused when she realised that Midori wasn't listening and she just decided to listen to Midori's rambles.

"What kinda club would fit you to most," Midori mused, looking her childhood friend up and down as if she could judge the girl's club just by looking. "Hmm, maybe the science club. They're all intelligent, and you're quite smart. Aren't you, Yan-chan. Or wait, maybe the sports club could work for you. I've seen you jump the high jump, you manage so high...whilst I always hit the bar! How'd you manage it!?"

Ayano had stopped properly listening after a short while into Midori's rambles, just pulling out one of her subject revision books and reading some of the notes that she had once made to help with her studies. Even without emotions that influenced her opinion on studying, she knew it was more than important and was very focused when it came to make revision notes. Obviously, Midori hadn't noticed that her childhood friend wasn't listening.

This continued until the teacher, Miss Fuka Rino, arrived and the lesson began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Yandere Simulator~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Afternoon lessons and clubs were cancelled for this particularly day, there was a massive assembly in the school gymnasium. Seats has been situated into the room and everyone was told to sit down in their classes, Ayano ending up sat next to Midori. However, all club members were told to remain on-edge as they'll be called up eventually.

The headmaster wasn't around, but he rarely left his office so that wasn't too big of a surprise to the students. So the one doing the announcement was the substitute headmaster and guidance counsellor, Kunahito Genka. She stood up against the mobile podium and made her presence known as a loud and firm voice. "Good afternoon, Akademi high students. I hope you've had a wonderful first week back at school and for the new students, I hope you're settling down well in your classes and aren't getting into trouble."

The students, being majorly rich students that cared a lot about school and their studies, remained in a tranquil silence. Some of them were curious about what this particular announcement was about, most of these students were first years as the other students had been through these announcements before in previous years.

"As the older students have probably gathered, this announcement will be to introduce the school's after school clubs to the new students of the school," Miss Kunahito gestured behind her to where 10 students were standing, club leaders that had either taken over this year or were returning club leaders. Some of these people weren't the actually leaders as Ayano noted, recognising that some of these students were the substitute club presidents for their absent leaders.

"I'll let them introduce themselves as well as their clubs," the guidance councillor finished and moved away from the podium so that the first club leader could step up. This club leader was a young male with brown hair and greenish eyes with the club symbol of the cooking club. When the older members of the cooking club saw this, they went onto the stage and stood with their leader. In total, there were 3 members as of the time being.

"Morning, everyone. My name is Tsuburaya Shoku and I'm the substitute president of the cooking club, the actual leader is currently off school so I've been left in charge. Now, about the club, the cooking club focuses on cooking good food. Some of us love to make healthy foods and others are in pursuit of the world's tastiest treats," he gave a cute little smile that made a chorus of 'aww' ring through the room. "If you wish to join our club, you'll have access to all the ingredients you could ever need to produce tasty food. But if you don't wish to join our club, don't feel sad as the members will be offering their tasty snacks of the school's members during the morning and after school club time."

He then bowed, signalling the ending of his introduction. Midori quickly whispered into Ayano's ear. "I can't wait to try the food they make this year, last year's was so tasty. I bet this year's group will be too."

The next club leader to walk up to the podium was a snobbish-looking female with purple drills in her hair and the look of pride, she actually resembled the girl from this morning. But as Ayano scanned the room, she spotted the same girl. Were they perhaps related, twins. No, that wouldn't make sense since they were evidently in different year groups. Sisters, cousins. Honestly, she didn't really care. Soon enough, the snobbish woman introduced herself. "My name is Sunobu Kizana and I'm the president of the drama club, the best club in this school. We focus entirely on forming the absolute best to outshine all the competition. If you join my club, you'll have my res-" she was soon glared at by one of her members, there were 4 of them in total up on the stage counting her. The leader coughed slightly and corrected her statement. "If you join the club, you'll have access to a variety of costumes that'll allow you to shine like a star to everyone surrounding you."

Like the previous leader, Midori had to make a comment about the purple haired girl's snobbish nature. "God, I'd hate to have her as a leader."

"...Midori-san, your leader is Taku-san..."

"So? Gema-senpai isn't snobby, he's just a little hard to get along with. He's nice once you get to know him."

Expressions could tell a story in 1000 words, most of the students looked either frustrated, annoyed or a combination after hearing the purple haired girl speak. As a result, she was quickly ushered off the stage so that the next club leader could introduce their club to the students of Akademi high. This particular club instantly put a negative feeling into the room, with some students being scared and some people cautious. However, 2 of the first years were clearly intrigued when Ayano accidentally spotted them. The leader was a shy and cowardly looking boy that didn't wish to be where it was, whilst the 2 members of the club that joined him were both pretty perky and gothic. Well, one of them was particularly perky....Ayano recognised the other from her class as a pretty quiet kid that rarely spoke a word.

As the club leader began, most of the students weren't particular impressed by the cold chills from hearing about the school's resident ghost hun-, occult club. "...M-my name is Higaku S-shin, I...am currently substituting for the absent p-president. Our club...is d-devoted to the r-research of s-supernatural creations; ghosts...vampires....werewolves..." as he listed off, the students remained pretty queasy. Ayano remained still, but she too felt the cold chills as if ghosts were trailing into the room. "....O-our club is c-currently r-researching the s-seven mysteries of A-Akademi high......." with that said, the boy took a small unstable bow and walked away from the podium in silence.

"Wow....what a scary club," Midori was cowering in her chair, when she noticed Ayano's seeming lack of fright. "God, your lack of emotions is creepier than that club. How are you not scared right now, Yan-chan..." Ayano didn't response to that question, just keeping her gaze ahead.

3 clubs down, 7 more to go at this point and the room had only just settled down from the chills of the occult club when the quite...not really mean, but definitely gruff and unfriendly club leader for the sports club, a male with orange hair and sea-weed green eyes, walked up to the podium. "My name is Zametora Itachi, sub leader of the sports club. We run, we swim. Nothing much to it, but you'll run harder and hit stronger if you join our club and take part in our events. The club leader doesn't care who joins, as she is too focused on her competition to manually accept joins to the club."

"...He ain't a nice substitute leader, I hope the real leader is kinder. He seems too gruff, even Gema-senpai is nicer," Ayano honestly wouldn't have been able to answer, since she had no real opinion on any of the club leaders and would have preferred to just leave the room right then and there if allowed.

He then walked off, seemingly sick of talking to students. It wasn't that he was shy, that much was obvious. He just didn't want to from the looks of things. Next up was the art club, as noted by the mark on the red head that walked up to the podium's club symbol. "I'm Tsuka Geiju, leader of the art club," he seemed to be a man of few words, not shy...just quiet. "We paint. We craft. We sculpt. How nice that you listened."

"Ain't he cute, he barely speaks. Wonder how'd he'd answer my questions, in one word sentences?" the bubbly green haired girl asked, seemingly liking the leader of the art club at that point in time.

"Likely."

With that said, he left the podium up to the next club leader. This leader, a rocker-type girl with black hair with died red streaks and a strong punk-ish attitude. "Hello, Akademi HIGH!" the girl yelled, putting major emphasis on 'high' to indicate towards the students. "I'm Shan Miyuji, the president of the light music club - well the name's outdated, but whatever. We focus on pop and rock music, anyone is welcome to join the club and we'll teach you the ropes of playing the best and stylish music ever!"

"Whoa...Miyuji-chan is so different this year," Midori commented, which Ayano raised an eyebrow out to express some curiosity. It was rare that she became curious about something, but it wasn't a proper emotion as she realise as she could also feel pity at times. "Last year, she was a complete bookworm with a sad and shy personality. She was part of the light music club, but she must have taken leadership at some point and changed her whole image. She was bullied harshly last year as well.....but...." she looked over at the resident bullies, she knew about them since she was bullied sometimes. But they seemed to show no negative interest in Miyuji for once.

The next club leader up, decorated with a white headband on his head, was the martial arts leader. He had brown hair and looked pretty tough to beat, as a martial arts master should be. "Hi, my name is Musuta Budo. My club is the martial arts club, the club focused entirely on defence and the ability to defend yourself in a deadly situation," he remained firm and happy during his explanations. "If you choose not to join the club, the club members will still allow you to spar with them if asked nicely."

"Sparring sound so cool..."

"Why don't you ask a member then we you get the chance," Ayano questioned, a strange feeling of the need feeling her. Was this what boredom was, she had heard that when people were bored....they may feel sleepy.

"I'm not allowed to spar, too weak......mama would kill me if I got hurt and it was my own fault. She worries a lot and she doesn't want me to cause my own injuries."

"I see...."

Ayano focused her attention back onto the stage, not many more to go. She could manage and then she could head home. Next up was a blonde male, with the symbol for the photography club on his armband. "My name is Jonzu Fureddo, leader of the photography club. Haha," he seemed quite laid back. "Our club is tasked with documenting the school's year books and teaching students how to utilise cameras," Ayano actually knew that wasn't the case, as she had accidentally seen what the photography club did last year. They were a laid back and chill club that talked more about anime than photography.

"Yan-chan, did you know that the..."

"If you're going to say that the photography club don't actually partake in photography, than yes. I'm fully aware, Midori-san."

"Aww....you're no fun..."

The next club up was the science club, when a white haired scheming-looking man walked to the podium. "Hello, Kusha Kaga...and I'll be your new world dominat-.....I mean, club president of the science club. Our club focuses on building the machinery and chemicals for world domination......I mean, the benefit of man-kind..." let's just say that through Kaga's speech, the students, besides ones in the club, were bewildered and stunned at the thought of world domination.

"This guy is total nutz, ain't that right, Yan-chan?"

"Whatever you say," Ayano responded, showing little interest in the twisted thoughts of the science club leader. He could be interested in whatever he wants, after all he could be interested in something.

The last leader of the day was the gardening club leader, a sweet, but quiet, girl with brown hair and a giant flower attached around her head. "Hello, everyone. My name is Engeika Uekiya, this year's gardening club president. Our club centers around making this school look pretty and full of nature, if you wish to help then you're more than welcome to join."

"...Aww, Uekiya-san is so sweet. I bet the club will love her," Midori had a slightly disheartened expression now, but it was evident as to why. "I...wish the school considered the gaming club to be official, we never get to partake in events like these...and thus getting new students is never easy," but then she smiled. "But I know who I can get to join so we're over the 5 student minimal limit, my girlfriend!"

'Midori-san has a girlfriend, that's the first I've heard of such,' Ayano's thoughts tinkered for a little while, but her curiosity didn't really last as she turned her attention back to the stage.

With the last speech being made, Miss Kunahito took the podium back and Uekiya went back in line with the other club leaders (or substitutes). "Now, I hope everyone will be willing to join a club as it's extremely important to broaden your horizons for your futures. Now, everyone is welcome to head home for the day. Be careful on your way home and be sure to complete any homework that you have been set for the week. That is all."

Getting up from her seat, Ayano picked up her school bag and slung it over her shoulder in a simplistic manner. Midori smiled up at her, being slightly shorter overall than her grey haired childhood friend. "Let's head home, Yan-chan. Wait, mind coming to mine for a little while. Mama's been wanting to see you for a while, since you haven't come over."

"If it's really alright, than fine," Ayano just responded, deciding that it may be best not to upset the green haired girl. Honestly, despite how particularly annoying that she had heard Midori could be (Not that she ever felt that annoyance)....she felt really protective over her childhood friend and wished to keep her safe. Thus, she, for whatever reason, didn't want to see her upset. "Let's get going then..."

Midori gave a bright smile, before running towards the exit of the gym so that the two could head over to her home, which was a bakery. "Yep!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 138 39
If you are finding this, hey I'm not going to continue this, or fix stuff either. What is this, is this. If I ever do pick this back up in the futur...
Lovesick By !Ishi¡

Mystery / Thriller

490 28 31
Ayano has never felt anything. Her whole childhood felt like a black and white TV show. Her mother said that one day things will change, she will mee...
26.4K 1.3K 76
STATUS: COMPLETE Ayano Aishi is new to Akademi High, and while this should be exciting, she can't exactly feel emotions. But it seems that others are...