Worlds Away

By wastedlegends

*STARTED 9-23-18* She fell in love with a boy who gave her the world, but one day when the terrible truth com... More

1

2

66 11 1
By wastedlegends

violets pov

The night flashed before my eyes and before I knew it, the morning sunrise was amongst the horizon.  "Want to go get some breakfast?" Michelle walks into my room with a coffee mug in her hand. 

"Did I go to sleep last night? I could've sworn-" I go to say but she cuts me off abruptly. 

"Chill. You're probably just tired. We got home late last night." She laughs while handing me my coffee.  I shrug my shoulders and stand up out of my bed. 

I picked up my phone and noticed that Gus had messaged me. 

Gus: Breakfast maybe?

Me: Sure. Meet at the coffee shop in front of the bookstore. 

"Hey, sorry. Change in plans. I'm going to go meet Gus for breakfast." I tell Michelle while throwing on a hoodie.  "But we always go get breakfast together!" Michelle complains. "We do?" I raise an eyebrow at her. 

She rolls her eyes at my confusion before walking out of my room. 

"I'm leaving for my business trip, I'll see you in a few weeks. Give me a hug!" My mom busts into my room. "What business trip?" I question her. Since yesterday morning, I've been feeling clueless about a few things and I couldn't figure out why.

"We've talked about this already...are you okay with me going? I figured that Michelle could stay with you while I'm gone." My mom walks up to me. 

 "Um..yeah, sure that's fine." I offer her smile and a hug. 

After my mom left, I grabbed my purse and slid on my shoes to go meet Gus. I walked down the sidewalk and all the way to the coffee shop. When I got there, Gus was already sitting down at a table with a rose in his hand. 

"Hey." I approached the table and sat down in front of him. "Hey." He smiled. We sat in awkward silence before he hands me the rose. "This for me?" I raise an eyebrow. "That's why I gave it to you..." He chuckles. 

Our breakfast date went by quick- it was over in an instant. "Hey, maybe we can go on a real date some time?" Gus and I stand outside on the sidewalk. The roads were busy this time during the day and it was a bit hard to hear him through all the cars riding by. 

"What was that? I couldn't hear you." I lean in, turning my head so he could repeat it. He leans in closer, inches away from my ear and asks again, "Date, will you go on a real date with me?" I could hear the grin in his voice. 

I look at him and nod my head with a hint of excitement. "Actually, my mom just left to go out of town for a few weeks, you can come by and hang out for a bit if you want." I shrug my shoulders.

"I'd love too." He grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers together as we walk all the way back to the apartment. 

"Your friend here?" He asks as we walk in through the door. "I dont know where she is. She left before I did." I shrug my shoulders while setting my purse down on the table and my shoes by the door.

"Wanna watch a movie or something?" I ask him. He looks at me and nods his head while looking around the living room at the family photos that I never recognized before. I walk up to him and grab a picture frame from above the fireplace. It was a picture of my mom, my dad, and I. It was a picture of us in front of a Disney World sign. 

"Your family seems cool." Gus looks at me and smiles. "We're alright i guess. Just like any other family." I shrug my shoulders. "Not like mine. I haven't seen my mom in a few months. She's back in California. Haven't made time to go see her yet." He purses his lips before setting one of the other pictures back down. 

The room grew quiet and I was trying to think of anything i could possibly say to make it less awkward. 

"Let's go watch a movie." I smile while leading him to my bedroom. "What are we going to watch?" He asks, taking off his shoes and setting them by my dresser. "Anything we can find on Netflix i guess," I say while hopping on top of my bed and turning on the tv. 

Gus gets up on the bed and sits down next to me. We sit and watch a few episodes of ATypical before he ends up falling asleep.  I look at the clock and it was already eight o'clock. How did the time go by so fast? 

I turned off the tv along with the lights and laid down next to him. As i got under the covers, Gus awoke, still half asleep and got under the covers as well. He waited until i laid down completely before laying down next to me. A few minutes had passed and he eventually wrapped his arms around me. 

10:17 pm

I sat up out of bed, noticing Gus was nowhere to be found. I looked around the room and noticed his shoes were still by the door. I got out of bed and walked out of my room. He wasn't in the living room, nor the kitchen. 

I walked back in my room and noticed the balcony door was open. I walked outside onto the balcony and saw Gus sitting in the chair with a blunt in his hand. He hadn't noticed i walked out yet so I decided to admire him obliviously.  

"You good?" I say after a few minutes. He jumps with a startled expression on his face while looking at me. "Yeah. I'm fine." 

I sigh and sit down next to him. "Day went by fast, didn't it?" He chuckles while passing me the blunt. "Yeah," I said while taking it out of his hands and taking a hit of it. 

"Violet!" I heard Michelle yell from the living room. "Why is she here?" Gus looks at me while taking the blunt back out of my hands. 

I shrug my shoulders and yell back, "Balcony!" 

A few moments later, she walks out on the balcony with two bottles of vodka in her hands but as soon as she sees Gus, she hides them behind her back. 

"No need to hide them." He shrugs his shoulders while sticking the blunt between his lips. "I didn't know you had...company." She raises an eyebrow. "Um yeah.." I stand up and shove my hands in the pockets of my joggers. 

"I can see if Raven wants to come over too if you want." Gus pitches in. "It's alright...I actually have plans with him in a few. I was just coming to drop these off for tomorrow." Michelle says while looking down at the two bottles of vodka. 

"What's tomorrow?" I ask. 

"The party?" Michelle looks at me questioningly. "Sorry, I forgot." I laugh while shaking my head. I didn't forget, I just didn't know. 

"Well, I'm gonna get going. See you tomorrow." She says before walking back inside. "What party?" Gus asks me as i close the balcony door.  "I dont know." I shrug my shoulders while leaning against the railing. I looked down at the street and watched as the cars rode by fast enough to leave streaks of red and white lights. 

"Come here." I heard Gus say. I turn around and he adjusts himself in his chair and pats his lap. I smile before walking towards him and sitting down on his lap. He wraps one arm around my waist tightly. After a couple of minutes, he throws what was left of the blunt off the balcony. 

He then wraps his other arm around me and lays his head gently on my back. I looked across the busy street and saw someone sitting on their balcony as well, which was kind of creepy. 

I adjusted myself to where I was sitting sideways on his lap and his arms laid out across my legs. I look at him, trying to figure out what it was about him that I adored, and he returns my exploration with a smile. 

I slowly lean in, crashing my lips against his. His hand wraps around the back of my neck, kissing me back. We both pull back and he raises his eyebrow at me. "You just kissed me without knowing a single thing about me. What if I was a serial killer?" He jokes.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes and chuckle while laying my head in the crevis of his neck. "What's this?" Gus rubs his fingers against my wrist, on the small tattoo. "It's angel wings," I say while pulling my sleeve up so he could see them better.

"What's the meaning behind it?"

"I dont remember..." I look at the wings on my wrists, trying to remember. 

***

Time with Gus seemed to go by fast, and i couldn't figure out why. It was starting to get confusing. 

"My friend Elijah says he knows you." Gus laughs as he sends a snap of me sitting across from him. 

"That name sounds familiar.," I said while thinking to myself of who that could possibly be.  

I looked at Gus who was already looking at me. "What?" I smile as we curled up on the couch. "Your mom comes home today, right?" He wraps his arms around me and holds me tightly. "What?" I look up at him. "It's been three weeks, isn't she coming home today?" He looks down at me. i hadnt realized it had been that long already, it didn't feel like it. I shrug my shoulders and sigh. 

"Hey, can i tell you something?" Gus squeezes my arm gently. Gus and I aren't anything official, but more like people who have hung out every single day so far and have gotten to know each other so quickly. 

"What is it?" I ask worriedly. He had seemed serious and it was concerning me.

"I'm..." He goes to say but then all of a sudden, everything flashes before my eyes. 

please comment, vote, and follow!

let us know in the comments how you like the book so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2K 45
Alexis Piastri is Oscar Piastri's older sister. After feeling unfulfilled with her life, Alexis decides to drop everything to take a gap year and joi...
56.3K 2.4K 37
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐬; 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢'𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞�...
113K 6.7K 86
"Great news! Wei WuXian has died!" "Wait- WHAT?!" "But I'm still here." The juniors (Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, Jin Ling, and Ouyang Zizhen) accidentall...