Meant Alone

By floralpoetry

Ellie Manixa is a 19 year old girl, fresh out of high school. She is super sweet and so innocent contrary to... More

C a s t
P r e f a c e
3 6 h o u r s
2 6 h o u r s
I n T h e N e x t 6 H o u r s
T h e E v e n t
D o w n h i l l
O v e r d r i v e
M y h o u s e
I n v a s i o n

D i n n e r

3 0 0
By floralpoetry

Ellie:

Alina did both of us a favor and pushed breakfast back from 8am to around brunch time.

I woke up a little earlier than i should've but decided i should just get started with my day.

Rather than waking Maddison up to get to my closet, i take the hallway entrance and pick out my day outfit. I picked a blue t-shirt with denim jeans and a white sweater along with a long sequined necklace. I knotted the end of my t-shirt and went along downstairs.

Good morning honey." my dad greets me the same way he does everyday by him giving me a hug with a kiss on my forehead

"Good morning dad. Good morning Lina."

"Good morning dear." alina replies

We sat down for brunch and began eating.

"So," my dad chews his food. "who's idea was it to invite the Rutherford's to dinner without asking me?" he asks

Me and Alina look at each other then back down at our food.

It takes a a few seconds before one of us speaks up. "I was going to tell you baby, but i just thought of the idea last night. I just thought we could uhm, meet the newest addition to the team you know?" she covered for me, i smiled at her.

"Well, i would like it if you asked before making plans." he placed his fork down

"Wait, how did you even know they were coming over?" she asks

"Sophia called before breakfast asking if they should bring anything" he finishes his food and starts to scroll on his phone.

"Alright well, i better head to the grocery to pick up the stuff i need for the dinner." she explains.

"How about i join you and before we can go to the mall to pick me out an outfit that says 'i'm sorry i let your daughter get kidnaped'?" i laugh sarcastically.

"Sure baby, i need some new clothes anyways." we walk around the counter. "I feel like i'm gaining weight." she whispers.

"You look gorgeous." i tell her.

¥¥¥

We arrive at the mall first and we walk to, of course my favorite store, Chanel.

We walk around for a while until she finds a beautiful white loose shirt.

"That's beautiful." i tell her.

"Really? i dont know."

"That's the one." i tell her again.

"Alright. Now let's get you an outfit" she asks.

As always, it took about a half an hour before i found a nice, casual dress that says 'I'm putting effort in but not trying to impress you'.

We go to the grocery and walk down a few isles with small talk in between.

"So what do you say to the family you almost ruined?" i stammered

"Just, try to tell them you got off on the wrong foot. We planned this to try to rectify the situation." she tells me.

"Yeah i'll just be like 'Hey, i'm Ellie. I swear i'll try not to get your daughter kidnapped again'" i pretend.

"Maybe not so upfront." she suggests.

"I'm so nervous." i tell her as i rub my hands together.

"Ellie, you're an amazing young lady alright. you'll woo them no matter what you say"

"Thank you Lina." i say sincerely.

We head home after shopping for about an hour and a half. We called the guys out to help carry it in and Alina started on dinner.

The rest of us ran upstairs to take a shower and change into our dinner attire.

I get out of the shower and I put on my dress. After about a half an hour of watching netflix, my hair is finally dry enough to curl it. Soon after that, put on my natural makeup and new flats.

I hear the doorbell ring as i finish putting the last bit of mascara on my eyelashes.

"Ellie." i heard my dad yell.

"Yeah coming" i rub my lips together and straighten myself out in the mirror. I take one last big breath then i began to walk down the stairs.

Not three seconds into seeing the family, i trip over my own two feet and fall from the last step.

I hear light gasping until i see a hand reach out for me to take. I grab the offered hand and thank Alexander.

I greet the family as i had done almost 24 hours ago now, and i walk them to the dinning area for a seat. I go towards the kitchen to grab the plates to begin setting the food on the table.

"It was so lovely for you to invite us for dinner, Elizabeth" Mrs.Rutherford told me

"Oh it's no problem. I figure i owed you that much. And you can call me Ellie if you'd like." i explain.

"Alright then." it stayed silent after she stopped talking for another five minutes until my dad, Alina and the boys came in and took a seat.

Not long after my dad offered them the first serving as he always did with guests and he began talking business with Mr.Rutherford. Leah hadn't glanced up from her plate since she was served but i could see how this was awkward for her. Mel was picking at her Brussel sprout and making an ick face until Gabriella showed her they were good and she ate happily again.

"So, uhm Leah, hows school going?" i try to make small talk.

"Fine." she lightly says.

"Alright, meet any cute boys?" i try to joke.

"Nope" she blew raspberries on the p

"Oh yeah? What about Max?" Gabriella laughed

"Shut up you worm!" Leah slams her fork next to her plate and Gabby sticks her tongue out.

In the middle of dinner, Alina popped open a bottle of red wine and poured herself, my dad, Mr. and Mrs. Rutherford and Xander a glass. I really wondered how old he was but before i could think of anything else my mouth interrupted me

"How old are you?" i asked looking at Xander

"Why's it any of your concern?" he obnoxiously said

"Sorry. I was just wondering." i lower my voice

I remain silent until he finally speaks up.

"24" he plainly says

"What?" i ask flustered as if i forgot my own question

"You asked how old i was." he rolled his eyes.

"Oh yeah. Sorry" he just rolled his eyes again.

We finished dinner and i started to clear the table to occupy my mind from racing. I had all the plates and i put them into the sink nicely and went back for the wine glasses. Xander has had 3 cups but his third cup half full so i assumes he was done. I reached out for the wine glass and he noticed me so my eyes glanced at his face when soon enough the bottom of the glass got caught on his napkin and spilled all over his white shirt.

"Oh my god!" i immediately panicked and i grabbed the napkin and dip it into his glass of water and started to dab his shirt with it.

"Stop" he gritted through his teeth but i was too panicked to know what i was going and i didn't stop. He stood up from the table and went to the bathroom, soon followed by me into my room.

I threw myself onto my bed and began crying into the pillow. I dont know why i was so stupid today, i'm never like this. I'm usually super confident and i'm never nervous. They think i'm a joke and i'm sorry to disappoint my dad and Alina.

I dry my eyes and change out of my dress and into my light pink Calvin Klein sports bra and grey nike sweatpants and I walk back downstairs to get come cake.

The dining room was empty so i assumes everyone left. I go into the fridge and pull out my strawberry cake i made for dessert and grabbed a fork. I dug into the cake like no ones business and soon had to pour myself some milk to wash it down.

I sigh.

I hear a door close and assume it's one of the boys so i continue indulging in my mom's famous recipe.

I don't recognize the footstep pattern so i turn to the door way and low and behold Xander was right there.

"Oh. My. God. I'm so sorry." I place the fork down "I thought you left but i'm actually kind of glad you're here. I know you probably hate me but i truly am sorry for everything. I don't know what's wrong with me, i'm usually not like this i swear." i rambles on to most likely make him hate me even more than now which i didn't think was possible.

He just stood there.

And that's when i notice his parents and mine out on the back balcony by a fire.

How i didn't notice that, i dont know.

"I think maybe you can repay me" he says suggestively

"Listen, i'm not that type of girl-" he cut me off

"I just wanted some cake." he shook his head.

"Oh" i grab him out a fork and he reached across the island to poke the cake and shovel it into his mouth.

He swallowed "You talk a lot." he says reaching for another bite "Maybe too much in bad situations" he smirked.

I dont know about you, but not in a million years did i think i could get him to smile in the same room as me.

"I'm sorry." i look to the floor

"Don't apologize for being yourself." he stopped, pondering if he should continue "besides, i think it's kind of cute you get flustered around me." he looked to me again as i looked up from my feet

"Oh don't flatter yourself big boy. I just wanted to rectify myself for last nights events and i was nervous." i raised my eyebrows at 'event'

"Hey, look, about that, i'm really sorry i got mad at you. It was a combination of anger at my sister and worry." he told me

"No yeah, i get it. It's not a problem, i deserved it"

"No you didn't. I was taking my anger out on you and that wasn't fair." he stopped "No one blames you, ya know?" i looked at him "Leah explained everything after we got home."

"Oh" i whisper.

He rounded the island to stand next to so close to me. He lifted his hand and i flinched. "I won't hurt you" he laughed as he grabbed my cheek and used his thumb on the corner of my mouth and that's when i saw the whipped white frosting. He found a paper towel and wiped it on there. Our faces were so close and he started to lean in. Our lips grazed each others and not soon after we heard the sliding doors to the patio.

"Hi honey, are you alright?" my dad asks

We both separated really quickly and i tucked my hair behind my ear

"Yeah, yeah. No biggie. Just wanted to change." i explain.

"I'm so sorry dear. Did Xander apologize like we asked?" Mrs. Rutherford asked me

I laughed. So this is what all the sudden kindness was about. His mom told him to.

"Yes he did" i looked over to him and he didn't make eye contact

"Well, good. I told him if you didn't forgive his behavior he'd regret it." i scoff after hearing her words.

I rolled my eyes "Well, it was nice seeing you all but i have loads of homework to do" i excuse myself as i walk back to the staircase.

"Ellie honey, you're graduated." Alina spilled

I walk myself up the stairs and i hear foot steps behind me. "Lizzie, wait" i stop confused.

"That's not my name" i whip my hair around when i turn to him

"Ok listen, my mom did tell me to apologize but everything wasn't fake"

"Oh so your apology was fake?" i laugh

"No Lizzie,-"

"Why are you calling me that?" i ask

"Your name is Elizabeth and everyone called you Ellie, so i figured i could try something different."

"Oh what, did my dad tell you that's how you could get me to accept your apology?"

"What? No, everything i said was the truth." he grabbed my hands

"I don't like being lied to. So why don't you just go home and talk to me when you have your story straight" and with that, i waltzed into my room and plopped on the bed to watch netflix.

A/N: Heyyy. I realize this kinda sucks but i liked getting to know a better side of Xander. How did you feel about Ellie's reaction? Was she too dramatic? Well, you might just find out why she reacted the way she did later on ;)) It would mean the absolute world if you would vote and dont be afraid to call me out on plot holes or grammatical mistakes.

Stay Beautiful!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 10.2K 44
Werewolves and Vampires is the story of, you guessed it, werewolves and vampires. Lila Silver had been a pretty normal girl until her sixteenth birth...
46.7K 995 24
Meet Alexandria Frost, 17 years old, Beautiful,but hides under over-sized hoodies and long jeans and With perfect grades, She definitely earned the t...
1.5K 99 11
¡Currently on hold! *This story involves many events that some people may find vulgar. These events are not based on a true story. The characters and...
1.3M 38.7K 71
Elena Adams has had a rough life. Her mother left her after the death of her sister and her brother never comes around. She's left alone with her dru...