He's No Good | ✓

By xwriteratheartxo

[COMPLETED] Emma, and Lucas have been feuding for their mutual friends attention for over five years. But whe... More

He's No Good
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
He's No Saviour
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue

Chapter 45

22.4K 573 245
By xwriteratheartxo

Chapter 45

"Why are you staring at her like that?" I asked Trevor as I watched him eye Brianna, who was currently entering our fourth period class, Physics.

I was waiting by the back of the class, listening to music from my headphones when Trevor strode towards me, looking somewhat faint.

Seconds later, he looked at Brianna with an intense look, as if he was lusting for something he couldn't have.

Trevor shrugged once he looked back to me and I rolled my eyes before looking to the front of the class, seeing if the teacher was nearby before I could continue.

When he teacher wasn't in sight, I looked to the empty seat on my left and sighed, already knowing that Lucas wouldn't bother sitting beside me.

It's currently Friday, almost a week ago since I had confessed my true feelings towards Lucas.

Him taking it lightly would be considered an understatement.

After those few words left passed my parted lips, Lucas said nothing else before leaving.

The final bell rang right as Mr. Lawrence entered the classroom. Already knowing that Lucas wouldn't sit next to me, I offered for Trevor to take his spot, which he agreed to do.

For twenty minutes, Mr. L had introduced the lab we would be completing within in the next week, but when he realized he left the assignment sheets in his office, he quickly rushed to get them.

It only took a minute to make the whole classroom erupt into conversation.

Yet, while everyone was talking, my gaze moved around the room, trying to find the familiar head of dirty blonde hair. It was no where to be found.

Unintentionally, my attention was locked on the conversation going on in the row in front of me.

"I know," Sabrina, one of my classmates with dark brown hair and matching eyes hissed to her friend in front of me. "Stay away from him. He's no good, Karen."

The girl with slightly lighter hair, who was identified as Karen groaned, throwing her head back before facing Sabrina once more. "But the bad boy act is hot, Brina. Like, really hot."

I assumed Sabrina rolled her eyes before paying attention to her work. She mumbled something to her, but I couldn't hear it. But by the way Karen paled, I assumed it wasn't good.

When Karen glanced at me slowly and noticed my gaze was already on her she whipped her head forward.

"Sabrina," I spoke up suddenly, and she swallowed hard before turning around to look into my eyes. "Who are you guys talking about?"

Sabrina and I were pretty close in some of my other classes so we were on good terms. Yet, for some reason, she looked afraid for her life.

"Lucas," she said slowly, and Karen made sure to keep her attention on her lap for reasons unknown.

Does she think I'll fly her across the room because she has a small crush?

"What about him?" I asked, remembering that Sabrina said she knew something about what's been happening to him.

She cleared her throat. "That he's been in the nurses office since lunch began," Sabrina said, and my eyes immediately widened just as Mr. Lawerence came back into the classroom.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked him with a whisper once I reached the front of the class.

He looked like he was ready to say no, but when he saw my fearful expression, he let me go.

Of course, since I was on the top freaking floor, I had to run down three flights of stairs until the nurses office came into view.

When I saw a blurry version of a man behind the blinds, I quickened my pace before knocking on the door, a little to harsh, I should add.

"Hello, miss," Nurse Marriwell said slowly when she cracked open the door, not giving me enough space to see Lucas behind her. "How can I help you?"

"Is Lucas Scott here?" I asked with a rush as I continued to try to look over her shoulder.

Her eyes widened just as some creaks behind her caught my attention. It only took a few seconds before Lucas was looming behind the nurse, holding the door wider.

She slowly eyed the both of us before sighing. "I'm going to get coffee, Lucas, please stay in one piece when I get back."

When she left, I couldn't stop looking at the bruises scattered on Lucas' cheeks.

"What happened?" I asked breathlessly as I walked inside of the office, and only from a brief examination of the room, it was completely covered with the color white.

Lucas sat down on the long examination table before pressing his elbows on top of his knees. "Doesn't matter, Emma. It's done with now."

My arms crossed as I looked over his features. "Who was it with?" I asked, not budging, and he sighed.

"A few seniors," he laughed. "You should see how they look."

Without even noticing it, I stepped forward so I was right in front of him, between his parted legs.

"This isn't funny, Luke. Why did you start the fight?"

He rolled his eyes. "What makes you think I started it?"

I stared at him blankly before he groaned. "Fuck. Fine, but they kind of started it."

I raised my eyebrows, waiting for him to explain. "They were bullying this freshman, and usually I wouldn't care but she was so little. She looked like she would have pissed her pants."

My lips threatened to lift up in a smile, but I shoved it back. Instead, I cupped his cheeks before slowly drawing my finger on his bruised cheeks softly.

"Are you bruised anywhere else?" I whispered, and without taking his eyes off of me, he lifted his shirt, revealing a nasty bruise by his rib cage.

I sighed before slowly running my fingers on his hard chest. Even with him sitting, his abs were still prominent under my fingers.

When I looked back up, I met Lucas' intense gaze once more.

My breathing was cut short from what he said next. "I'm sorry."

I didn't realize I'd been quiet for so long until I saw him waiting impatiently for my answer.

Clearing my throat, I slowly took my hands off of him. "About what?"

"What you said on Saturday. It didn't go the way I wanted to," he said, and I took a step back as a sigh left me.

"Alec means nothing to me because I'm in love with you, Lucas," I whispered.

Lucas stared at me with so many mixed emotions before he moved away from me. He cleared his throat as he took another step back. "I have to go," he said quickly before walking out the door.

I followed him out and watched him get into his car before driving down the street faster than the speed limit.

Cupping my mouth, I managed to control my tears from falling down as I gasped for breath.

My jaw clenched as I came back to reality.

I moved farther away from him, and his eyes widened for a second before standing up his feet so he was closer to me.

He cringed and held his side from the pain he felt from the movement.

"Emma..." he said slowly as he took steps closer to me.

I took two steps back.

"When we escaped from the hunters, everything I felt for you before hit me like a wave of fucking emotions, Emma. I couldn't fucking handle it," he said, looking straight into my eyes so he would make sure I saw every emotion swarming through them.

"I felt like everything I felt for you before multiplied by ten. And when you told me you... loved me, I didn't know what to do," he breathed out, and my eyes tightened shut when I felt my heart clench inside of me.

Lucas' lips parted once more, ready to continue, but before he could, the front door open.

He took a large step away from me just as Nurse Marriwell entered the room.

She eyed the both of us before looking at me. "I need to continue examining Lucas before letting him go, miss. So, please leave."

I slowly nodded before looking to Lucas once more.

Unintentionally, I licked my lower lip before leaving the bright room.

"You take forever to leave," I yelled to Jason, who was currently walking as slow as a snail while I was leaning against his car.

He only rolled his eyes before continuing his steps towards me. "Says the girl who runs as slow as a 500 pound man walking to the gym."

I scoffed. "Me. You. Here to the end of the parking lot."

He raised his eyebrows once he was standing in front of me, and dramatically dropped his bag on the side.

Smirking, I followed his lead before standing next to him.

When Jason went from the number one to three, I laughed before pushing off of my feet, darting to the end of the parking lot.

I started singing in my head "Firework," by Katy Perry, and before I knew it, I had beat Jason by a second.

When I turned back to face him, I saw him staring at me with confusion.

A chuckle left me as I jogged back to where I had dropped my bag before heading to the passenger door.

Jason didn't say anything until we were both sitting in his car.

With the air conditioning blasting out of the vents, I looked out the window to watch everything move just as he began to speak again. "Since when did you get faster than me?"

I didn't let the words, when my family died, come out past my lips, so I just looked down to my lap before mumbling, "Vancouver."

I could feel his gaze on me for a brief moment before he looked to the road once more.

We only drove for a few minutes until I felt the car stop inside of the parking lot. Before I was able to open the door, Jason's voice had stopped me.

"Emma," Jason said softly. "When did you start running?"

My jaw clenched as I held the handle of the door tighter before turning back to glare at him. "Why does it matter, Jason?" I snarled, but that didn't change the way he looked at me.

Like I was a glass doll, seconds away from shattering.

"Before your mom and sister died?" He asked, and I sucked in a large intake of breath.

They're still in Vancouver. They're safe without you there, I tried to remind myself, but choked on tears threatening from leaving me.

Without another word, Jason stretched out his arm until it reached my hand that had been gripping the handle.

Slowly, he wrapped his hands around mine. "I know how you are with your stubbornness, Em. But, it's almost been a year since they'd past," he whispered softly, and I breathed in slowly.

"I know," I whispered. "And I remember each time I think of my father."

Tears began to spill out beyond my power, and Jason swiped it away quickly before trying to hug me comfortably.

When he couldn't find the best way to hug me without the console getting in the way, he opened his door, moved around the car when his feet touched the floor before throwing my door open.

His arms immediately wrapped around me, and I lied my head in the crook of his neck while tears poured out from me.

"Shush... Everything's okay. I'm here," he whispered as he slowly rested his hand on top of my head.

And like every time before, I knew he meant it.

"Fuck me," I groaned as an advertisement began after the film I had been watching for the last hour finished with a cliffhanger.

Of course, I would have to wait five minutes for it to continue, but those were the longest five minutes ever.

Instead of looking at the screen, I headed to the kitchen to find something to munch on.

I have been home alone since Jason left for his date with Anna two hours ago, and I sighed at my loneliness.

I have come to the conclusion Lucas will never be ready for an actual, serious relationship.

But it's okay, I remind myself with a smile as I opened the freezer, I have my ice-cream.

Jason's on a date. His parent's are on a date. I have a date.

With food, not a person. But potato, potahto.

Just as I'm walking back to the living room with the cold tub of pistachio ice cream — don't knock it until you try it — the movie I had been watching, Finding Dory, began again.

Yes, the only reason I had chose to watch it was because it was the only movie going on at this time on cable.

That, and because I still was connected to my inner child.

When my butt landed on the couch in front of the television, I smiled as I opened the lid. But that was when I noticed two things.

The kitchen light was still on.

And I forgot a freaking spoon for my ice cream.

I groaned, a little too loudly, but at that moment I didn't care.

Not wanting to miss anything from the movie, I paused it before eyeing the drawer that contained the cutlery.

My eyes narrowed on it, and within seconds, the drawer opened with a spoon flying out.

I made sure it hit the light switch before coming in my direction.

I grabbed it with ease, and I enjoyed the darkness I was currently enveloped in before reaching for the remote so I could start the movie.

But before my fingers brushed the remote that was sitting still on the table in front of me, the doorbell rang, and I furrowed my eyebrows before I placed the tug of ice cream next to the remote.

After a few seconds, I was standing in front of the door and I slowly opened it, only to see a familiar pair of icy blue eyes.

"Lucas?" I said in confusion as I opened the door wider to let him in. He walked in further and I closed the door with my back to him before turning back to face him.

Before I could examine the bruises on his face once more, he moved so fast he was just a flash.

He cupped both of my cheeks roughly and tugged me hard against the door before he crashed his lips to mine.

Thank God the door was behind me so it could support me to stay up.

I heard a sigh, and I no idea if it was from me or him.

Probably me.

But before I could enjoy how soft his lips were against my own, I remembered everything that had been going down for the last month and a half.

Before I made a move to push him away, I slowly guided my hands from his ribs up until I reached his shoulders.

Lucas pressed against me harder and silently asked to part my lips, but instead, I pushed him away, making sure I stood my ground.

"No," I said with determination, and once there was a good enough space between us, he widened his eyes.

Lucas' lips parted, wanting to say something, but couldn't form any words. So I continued.

"We have gone through too much, Luke. We were friends, had feelings for each other, and then despised one another," I said softly, and I assumed by the way his eyes flashed, I predicated he was reliving our experiences together.

"These past couple months have been hectic, okay? And I can't continue going on and off with you because I'm tired of never being anything more to you than a fling," I said as I straightened my back, and I watched as his jaw clenched.

Without saying anything else, Lucas took a step forward so our breaths were mingling together before pushing back a loose strand of my hair so it was resting behind my ear.

I enjoyed the touch of his warm hand on my cheek before moving it off of me. "You can't do that anymore. We can't do this."

Lucas looked determined to interrupt me, but I still continued. "You're not ready for an actual relationship, Luke," I said with a shake of the head before looking down to my feet. "But I get it. You hardly got any affection as a kid and it prevented you from even feeling—"

"I'm in love with you, Emma," Lucas interrupted, and I felt my heart freeze in my chest.

Slowly, I looked back up to meet his jaw, and God, he made my legs shake.

"I never loved anyone before, Hope," he began softly. "But I didn't realize that with you, I was already fucked."

My lower lip was between my teeth in seconds as I listened to him continue.

"You were my Hope," he whispered. "You taught me how to love, and you've given me hope that I'm not a complete fuck up."

"Are you saying you're not a bad boy anymore?" I teased with a chuckle, and he smiled softly before shaking his head.

"No, I'm probably still fucked up," he replied, and I shook my head before resting my hand on his hard chest.

Lucas brought his head lower so he was looking right into my eyes. "You were once a bad boy, Luke. But, you've grown from that. Well, I hope at least," I smiled, and he laughed softly.

Without wasting any time, he leaned down and kissed me slowly, and I sighed into the kiss before lacing my fingers in his hair.

All of our kisses were fast. Passionate. But this kiss felt as though the hero finally got the girl, and were ready to begin their lives together.

One of Lucas' hand rested on my waist while the other was cupping my cheek, making sure I couldn't move away even if I tried.

Of course, since air was a necessary, we pulled apart to catch our breath.

"I love you, Hope," we whispered against my lips, and I moved away from him slightly so he could see my smile.

"I love you, Luke," I replied, and he matched my smile before pressing my back against the wall before kissing me once more.

Before we could savor this kiss, the front door rattled before the door unlocked.

In seconds, Jason walked into the house, and we both pulled apart again to watch his neutral expression shift into a smirk.

"I knew it!" He shouted before throwing his fist in the air, which actually looked pretty bad from my perspective.

I moved away from Lucas' hold before narrowing my eyes on Jason. "Oh, shush, Jason."

"Don't shush me, Em. I've been fucking waiting for this since elementary school," he grinned. "I'm the next cupid."

"You did nothing to bring us together," Lucas drawled out, and Jason looked back to him with raised eyebrows.

"Please, I was the master of this ship," he said pointing to the both of us, and I rolled my eyes.

Looking over my shoulder, I eyed the tub of ice cream that was probably melted by now, but I couldn't throw it. It was too painful.

Lucas, however, didn't care.

He followed where I rested my gaze, and smirked before accessing his powers to direct the tub of pistachio... water on the top of Jason's head.

In a matter of seconds, Jason's brown hair was covered with a layer of melted ice-cream, and I watched as it dripped into his mouth.

"You, are so gonna get it," Jason snarled as he wiped his face with his hand before narrowing his eyes on the both of us.

Lucas laughed with sarcasm. "Come and get me, Valentine," Lucas said before grabbing my hand.

Next thing I knew, both of us were in my former bedroom, and I widened my eyes.

"You stupid fuck," I hissed, not moving an inch. "The alarm is on, and if we move, sirens will go off."

Lucas' eyes widened before grabbing my hand and zapping us back to Jason's house, only this time, Jason wasn't in front of the door.

We turned around and faced the kitchen, but by then, it was too late.

The sink was on, and he mirrored the water so it was landing on both of us, leaving us drenched in our spots.

"It's on," Lucas growled before striding towards him.

I stayed back and laughed as they both fought a battle neither were going to win.

And in that moment, I was finally, completely happy.

We have almost reached the end :(

Next week, the epilogue will be published and then, I will finally begin to write the chapters for Only Broken.

Although it's a spin-off from Only You, another one of my stories, you're not required to read the first one! But it could give you some insight to the story.

I'll see you lovelies in the next chapter, I love you all so much xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 31.7K 34
Emma also known as "panther" is the best street fighter in her state and it doesn't help having a abusive dad. But she is also her schools biggest ne...
486 218 28
After spending years at a reform school for supernatural delinquents, Paige Davis, a witch with a bad reputation, returns to her hometown to finish h...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...
199K 5.5K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...