RWBY: Pale Heart

Von LVonarch

(F/N) Light was by all accounts a smart kid, he was good at understanding how things worked but when it came... Mehr

Chapter 1: Peers
Chapter 2: First Day Blues
Chapter 3: Short Stay
Chapter 4: My Haven
Chapter 5: Jaded
Chapter 6: Going Downhill
Chapter 7: Et Moriar
Chapter 8: With Friends Like These
Chapter 9: To Set The Stone
Chapter 10: Close Calls
Chapter 11: The Devil On Your Shoulder
Chapter 12: Fail, Fall, And Fate
Chapter 13: Plucking Feathers
Chapter 14: All Things Must Die
Chapter 15: Dragons Never Die
Chapter 16: In The Beginning
Chapter 17: Passengers
Chapter 18: Grimm On A Train
Chapter 19: Cold Welcome
Chapter 20: Bergwerk
Chapter 21: Actions Speak
Chapter 23: Hello Red
Chapter 24: The Darkness Inside

Chapter 22: Snow And Sand

3.4K 119 65
Von LVonarch

Third Person POV

After (F/N) had left Ruby and company returned to Atlas Academy, Ironwood spoke separately with each member of Flynt's team but was told the same story from each. Raven didn't return until much later, she had gone looking for (F/N) and only returned hours later using her semblance to open a portal to her brother, who was talking with Ozpin. They had to move out fast if they wanted to secure the relic of destruction, even though Qrow was doubtful they could do it, he still went along with Ozpin's plan. As for the former students, while Jaune sulked in anger Nora and Ren went to make some treats to try and cheer everyone up.

Jaune wasn't the only one in a bad mood, Weiss sat on her bed in the spare team room they had been given. She knew where her weapon pierced, right where his heart was, if it wasn't for the magic healing him he would surely be dead. She told herself that he should have had an aura, she believed he did, that was the reason she struck him after all, to deplete his aura, not to kill him, she might have made mistakes, even willingly committed some bad, but never did she want to kill. She saw Raven, the look where all you feel is a murderous urge, that all you want is to kill, she didn't want to become like that.

Weiss wasn't the only one contemplating, Blake had started having her doubts that they could beat (F/N), at least in a physical sense. The cat faunus found herself stuck between thinking that she could convince him to change sides, and giving up on the mission altogether. He was more powerful than them, already had a head start on the relic of destruction, and all they had to fight him with was Ruby who hasn't even come close to activating her power. Speaking of her leader, her and Yang had been staying close together as if her older sister was worried she'd get lost or taken. So when Ruby walked in to check up on Weiss, Yang followed in right after.

Ruby: "Hey Weiss." She sees her teammate still sitting in bed. "Still thinking about what happened?" She sits down next to her.

Weiss: "I just don't get it, who stands there when they're being attacked?"

Yang: "An idiot."

Ruby: "Yang." The blond turns her head away. "Weiss, I know it's bothering you but you can't let it eat at you this much."

Blake: "If it helps." She walked in with Winter, getting the attention of her team. "I don't think he holds it against you."

Winter: "I've come to inform you four that we'll be leaving by airship in eighteen hundred hours."

Ruby: "When?" Winter looked over to Ruby.

Winter: "Six PM."

Ruby: "Oh." Winter glanced at her sister.

Winter: "I have a question before I go, what was your relationship with the individual we're currently pursuing?"

Weiss: "Well... we were dating."

Blake: "What she means to say is, she dated him with the mindset of stealing his weapon from him." Winter looked over to her seriously before looking back over to her sister.

Winter: "Is this true?" Weiss simply nods her head. "I see." Without another word, she was turned to leave when Weiss stood.

Weiss: "Winter... he, he wanted me to tell you... he's sorry for causing you trouble." She looked back but left without saying a word.

Blake: "Shouldn't you be the one apologizing?" Yang was annoyed by the question.

Yang: "Why should she apologize to a killer? Or did you forget about Pyrrha? Or that he tortured Raven?"

Blake: "It may not excuse what he's done, but you're forgetting what Raven is, a bandit, someone who has killed innocent people."

Yang: "You're right, it doesn't excuse the fact that he's a monster." Ruby stepped between them.

Ruby: "Please stop, you two already argued about this, remember? For now, let's focus on getting ready to leave." She looked over to Weiss but she had left a moment ago.

Weiss: "Winter!" She called as she ran down the hallway, her sister turned around. "Winter."

Winter: "Make this quick, I have to report to the general."

Weiss: "I... I know I made a mistake-"

Winter: "No, what you did was not a mistake, it was simply wrong... I honestly expected better from you." Weiss lowered her head.

Weiss: "I just... I wanted something father didn't have. I thought, maybe if I had it, I could be free."

Winter: "Buying your freedom." Weiss nodded, but the moment she lifted her head she was met with a smack. "That is complete foolishness, you are only bound by the chains you put yourself in, so do not lie and tell me it was for your freedom." Weiss held her cheek. "Even if it were true, even if you felt pressure from our father, you should have had a stronger character than that." Winter continues down the hall, heading to see the general, leaving alone to think.

(Time Skip as Chibi Salem gets jealous as Chibi (F/N) talks with Chibi Jinx)

(F/N) POV

(F/N): "Hey Jinx."

Jinx: "Yes?"

(F/N): "Remind me again why I'm walking through the desert?"

Using the invisibility cloak, I had made my way to a coastal town, after arriving there I turned the cloak back to normal and went looking for a ship to take me to the kingdom of Vacuo. It was after that that Jinx started suggesting things, starting with asking for a ride to Vale, I discovered that there was, in fact, a ship about to leave later that day for a city off the coast of the kingdom. Jinx then went quiet for a time, I didn't mind the boat ride as I wanted to keep a low profile, wanting to be as forgettable as possible in case the others tried to track me. But at the same time I wanted to get to Vacuo as fast as possible, Jinx finally spoke up again and suggested I walk, from the northern tip of Vale, all the way through the giant desert to the city.

I thought she was joking, I even humored her with a laugh, she was not joking, she was serious to the point she took away my knowledge of how to use my powers till I agreed to do what she said. I was about to call her action childish when I started recalling an old story called The Genie And The Trickster, it did not end well for the guy. So I agreed to do as she said and started traveling Vale, heading south and then west, along the way I encountered a few small towns, some in ruins thanks to the Grimm, others were just living peacefully with a Huntsman or two watching over the place. The desert on the other hand seemed empty compared to Vale, there were apparently nomads that wander the sands but I have yet to see any.

Jinx: "Need I really remind you?"

(F/N): "No... just tired of walking, something you wouldn't understand." I then had sand kicked at me, she then walked beside me.

Jinx: "There, happy?"

(F/N): "Aren't your feet burning in the sand?"

Jinx: "Yes."

(F/N): "Uh... nevermind." We walked for a time until the silence started to get to me. "So, Jinx, if you're a powerful artifact of the gods, why do you wear a blindfold? Do you not have eyes?"

Jinx: "You know the story, therefore you know I do have eyes."

(F/N): "So it's true? That if any man looks into your eyes he'll fall victim to you?"

Jinx: "Would you like to see?" She walks in front of me.

(F/N): "I don't know... I think Salem would have a problem if I fell victim to you." She lifts her blindfold and opened her eyes, it was like staring into a golden cosmos. "Wow."

Jinx: "The part of men falling victim isn't completely true, it is merely the lesson of the story, to not fall for a woman for her beauty alone, or you might find yourself in a bad situation."

(F/N): "If it doesn't have that effect then why hide them?"

Jinx: "Look closer." I leaned in and looked deeply into her eyes but flinched backward when an image flashed into my head. "I can peer into the soul of all those I see, but it works both ways."

(F/N): "It's like..."

Jinx: "A seemingly infinite number of paths are laid in front of you."

(F/N): "Yeah, like that."

Jinx: "It is challenging at times, seeing the future, thankfully I have the knowledge to control when I see it and which paths I wish to watch."

(F/N): "Then the reason you have me walking this long journey, when we could have arrived at Vacuo sooner, is because you see a path I need to take."

Jinx: "Correct." She turns, facing off to the left towards a dune. "Speaking of that path."

As soon as she disappears I begin to see people walking over the dune. After a lot of talking, I convinced them I was a traveling Huntsman, and so I began traveling the sands once more, this time with more, arguably nicer, company. I spoke mostly with an older woman and man, both of whom were good people, each with their own likable traits. The man was rather comedic and energetic while the woman gave off this grandmother feel, as though she was just happy to see you. I asked some questions as it was the first time I had ever met nomads, asking how they survive in the desert, how they dealt with Grimm, and about daily life. When the sun started to fall they started setting up camp, I offered to help and was asked if I knew how to start a fire.

I was going to use my magic but instead did it by hand, it took me longer than the youngest of them to start one, by the time I had managed to get one going the other four fires had already been made. The old man, woman, and I sat gathered around the one I made, the man drank while the woman brought out a single stringed instrument and a bow that went with it. I asked her about it and the old man pointed out that I ask a lot of questions, the old woman told me it was alright and explained that she plays it to help the young ones sleep peacefully. Then when she started playing I heard a graceful tone come from the simple instrument, then when she began to sing the music began to feel richer, even the old man mumbled along.

The song was old, probably one of the first songs from the nomads, I wanted to listen to the story that it sang of, but I stopped myself and just enjoyed the moment while I could. On the inside I felt a calm warm feeling, it told me everything would be alright, that like the sands in the wind I was fated to rise and fall and to repeat, but that was not to say it would always be the same story, the same problem, and the same outcome. Thinking about what Jinx had said, I understood why I needed this path.

After a few days went by we crossed paths with a group of nomads, they warned us of Grimm in the direction they came from, when I asked if they had a Huntsman they mentioned a woman in a cloak had appeared, giving them time to run. While I ran in the direction they pointed I summoned the dragon Grimm and ordered it to deal with the Grimm, it flew overhead and beat me to the scene where I saw a white-cloaked individual. She looked on and watched as the dragon Grimm mauled the giant worm Grimm, I ran over to her taking down my hood.

(F/N): "Summer?"

Summer: "(F/N)? Is that you?"

(F/N): "Never fear, Metal Swarm is here... I hate everything that just came out of my mouth."

Summer: "It is you!" She pulled me into a hug, forgetting about the two Grimm currently fighting nearby. "How did things go back at Haven?"

(F/N): "I'll explain later, we should deal with the Grimm."

Summer: "Oh, right!" By the time we turned around the dragon had ripped the worm into pieces.

(F/N): "Okay, I guess I can explain it now." I started with what happened after we parted ways, what happened in Atlas, and introduced her to Jinx while we walked back to the nomads.

Summer: "Wow, you're so amazing."

Jinx: "Thank you."

(F/N): "Makes sense you'd get along with the child."

Summer: "Hey! I'm not a child!"

(F/N): "Sure, because Tai fell for your mature beauty."

Jinx: "Actually, he fell for her positive outlook, and caring side."

Summer: "Thank you."

(F/N): "Great, the girls are siding with each other, all we need is a fourth and it'll feel just like..."

Jinx: "Just like being with your team again?" I stopped.

Summer: "Jinx, maybe-"

(F/N): "I never asked but." I looked at Jinx. "What did they think of me? Did they blame me for their deaths?"

Jinx: "You finally ask... no, they did not blame you. As for the first, each of them liked you, both as a leader and a guy."

(F/N): "Leader? You could hardly call me that."

Jinx: "Auburn saw promise in you, so did the others. Remember, leaders aren't born, they are made, take Summer for instance."

Summer: "C-can we not?" She said as she got a little nervous.

Jinx: "She was a bumbling fool in the beginning, constantly getting lost in Beacon, facing disapproval from Raven, having to deal with Qrow who'd disappear without a word and end up wasted in bed. Her and her team were a complete mess, Summer, after taking some advice, overcame these challenges and so team STRQ became one of the top teams at Beacon." I look over to Summer whose face turned red with embarrassment.

(F/N): "That may be true, but unlike her team mine's gone."

Jinx: "Unlike your team, hers broke apart, when Raven heard about Salem she abandoned her team, leaving her child behind, wanting nothing to do with them, refusing to be Ozpin's tool. Qrow started drinking again, became more worried about his semblance burdening the team and left, choosing to work on his own. Tai couldn't do much, he had to take care of Yang, that was when Summer stepped in to help, and eventually Ruby was born."

Summer: "But then came the day I went on a mission, given to me by Ozpin, well, I was ambushed, nearly got away, nearly. A young Tyrian caught me, the poison weakened me, by the time I was brought to Salem there was nothing I could do. She cured me... told me about Ozpin, I didn't believe it at first, but there was a question in the back of my mind, and then another, and another, till I had more questions than I felt comfortable with."

(F/N): "Was one of those questions 'why'd he make an exception'?"

Summer: "Yes." I nodded my head as she gets an uncomfortable look on her face.

(F/N): "Hey." I caught Summer's attention. "Want to ride a dragon?"

After letting her ride the Leviathan back to the nomads, we told them about what had happened, that night they decided to celebrate. The old man shared his booze with Summer and me, which we tried to rejected but at that point most of the adults were some level of drunk and cheering. Not wanting to ruin the mood we gave in and started drinking, Summer was a complete lightweight and was drunk only after getting halfway through her drink, but I can't judge her because after just one I was in the same state she was. We danced to the music, ate our fill, we were all so busy having fun that even I didn't notice my hood fall down, have that it was all blank. Come morning I found myself waking up in a closed tent with a splitting headache and Summer sleeping peacefully on top of me.

(F/N): "Jinx, what happened last night? And is Salem going to kill me? ...Jinx?"

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

4.6K 164 8
Y/N L/N isn't a fighter but rather a writer, during his time as a writing he struggled to find a story that would make a big hit. After a few years o...
39.9K 677 17
(Y/N) (L/N) is a strange faunus with no memories of his past. When Professor Ozpin allows him to attend Beacon Academy, he will have to work with his...
12.6K 296 8
Jaune Arc being the boy with a dream of becoming a hero was an incredible feat and a far one at that. But alas, he got kicked out of Beacon where his...
34.1K 938 28
(Vol 1-3 Beacon arc) "You can certainly fulfill your wish to "save someone". But a wish for you to save yourself, does not exist. You will embrace a...