The Arrangement | Completed |...

By alliec_123

"Go on a few dates with him. Talk to him. Be everything he wants you to be. Be his girlfriend. He is heart br... More

Prologue.
1
2
3
4
5
6.
7 *
8
9
Cast List
10
11
12
13
14
15.
16
17*
18
19*
Cast List.
20
21.
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36*
37
38
39
40
41
42*
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64*
65
Updated Cast List
66
67*
68
69
70
71
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
Epilogue
Sequel
A Bigger Audience
New Story!!!
New Story Alert!!!!

72

1.8K 91 4
By alliec_123

Matty's POV

I barge into my dad's office and slam the door behind me, locking it so no one else could come in.

"Mathew, what the hell are you doing here right now?" He asks, embarrassed in front of the man I assumed was Shawn Acree.

"I need you to leave. Right now." I say to the man sitting next to him.

"Excuse me?" The man laughs, looking over at my dad thinking that this might just be a joke. Fuck, I hope it's just a fucking joke. Even though this guy is a potential investor for our company, I don't give a shit about any of that. I just want the goddamn truth right now.

"I said I need you to leave. Right the fuck now." I yelled, putting my fingertips to my temples. The folder stays rolled up in my back pocket, and my dad has no idea. But he's about to.

"Mathew Daniel Fain, I don't know what the hell has gotten into you, but you can not just barge into my office without notice and then try and make my clients leave. Get the hell out, right now." He yells at me.

"Fine, he can stay. What the fuck is this?" I ask, throwing the folder onto his desk. I am a little startled by how calm I was asking this. I am just...shocked. I'm fucking shocked right now.

He grabs the folder angrily and opens it with a huff. When he sees what it is, his face falls and he quickly sets it down. It's true. This is fucking true. Everything that I saw was fucking true. All of those girls that had messaged him on that website were just trying to get paid. My own fucking girlfriend is being paid to date me. This is fake. All of this is fucking fake.

"Uhh, Shawn, I'm so sorry about all of this. Can you give my son and I a moment alone, please?" He asks. Shawn looks incredibly uncomfortable sitting here and seems eager to leave when asked to. He nods and gets up from his seat, giving me a very nervous look.

"Mathew...where did you get this?" My dad asks me slowly and very carefully.

"Who the fuck cares where I got it? What the fuck is it?" I ask, raising my voice. So much for my calm exterior.

"Why the hell were you going through all of my stuff? I asked you to get one file, not go through the whole damn cabinet." He yells, slamming his fist down onto his desk. I glare up at him, and I really wish that looks could kill in this moment. I want to kill my dad right now. He is the lowest piece of shit there is. Him having the audacity to even try and get upset with me is just mind blowing.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?" I yell. I'm sure that everyone outside can hear me, but I don't care. I don't care about anything right now.

"Mathew, let me explain. It isn't what it looks like." He tries to explain.

"It isn't what it looks like? Then, please. Do explain. Because from the looks of it, you posted an ad on some fucking paid escorting website and tried paying people to date me. Oh, actually, by the looks of the paystubs, you did pay someone. You have been paying Candace to fucking date me this entire time. Oh, and not just paying her weekly or monthly. No, you're doing all of that and still paying for her school, too." I spit, pointing a finger in his face. His eyes are wide, and he is surprised by my actions. He has never seen me this mad in my entire life. Not even those days that my dad would hit me and I would hit him back. I have never been this mad in my entire life. I didn't give a fuck in this moment. Anger has taken over my entire body. I am absolutely devastated.

"You were just so broken hearted after Haley left you...after she cheated on you. You were letting work slip away, and you didn't want to do anything. I didn't want you to do anything you would regret. Work was too important for you to be slacking off. I just-"

"So you fucking paid my girlfriend to date me? For what? For your own benefit? For work? You thought that I could bounce back immediately after breaking up with my girlfriend of two years?" I yell, slamming my fist down on the desk. My hand hurts from the impact, but I'm more hurt over the fact that this is happening, "Yes, I was sad. But, this...this is so fucked up." I spit out.

"I'm sorry, son. I'm so sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. I did this for you." He said.

"You did this for me? Really? You fucking did this for me? What exactly did you do? You have ruined my fucking life, dad. You have ruined my life, just like you ruined Lisa's life. Fuck, you would think that you would have learned by now! You would think that you would have learned by that fucking mistake! You are so fucked up. You are selfish. You are a fucking monster. I fucking hate you, dad. I fucking hate you. I mean, what else do you fucking know? Do you know everything? Was she wearing some kind of mic during our conversations? Did you hear everything that was said between the two of us? Did you put a camera up in all of the rooms in my house so you would know when we were having sex? So you would know when to fucking pay her?" I yell, using my arm to knock off the cup that held his pens and pencils.

"It wasn't like that, Matty. It wasn't like that at all. She never told me anything like that, I swear." He says, holding his hands up in caution.

"It was exactly like that. In one way or another, it was fucking like that. You...you are the worst dad in the entire world. You are the worst husband to mom, and you are a fucking disgrace of a human being. I feel fucking sorry for you." I say lowly.

"Matty, please. Just listen to me, okay? Let's talk about this. Sit down, okay? Calm down for a second and just sit down and talk. I don't want you to leave like this. Please." He says, coming over to me and putting a hand on my shoulder. I shrug him off abruptly, grabbing the folder from off of his desk.

"Fuck you. I'm leaving." I say, stepping away from him. I need to walk away before I do something I regret. I need to leave. I need to leave right now. I gather up the folder and everything in it before walking away.

"Where are you going?" He yells behind me.

"Why the fuck do you care?" I yell back, flipping him off on my way out the door.

When I get out into the hall, I feel as though all eyes are on me. I see Debbie look at me with nervous, but sympathetic eyes. Being a receptionist must be hard when you hear the bosses getting into a full blown war in the next room over. I give her the smallest smile I can muster up, and quickly leave the building.

Where are you? I texted Candace, already starting my car and driving to her house.

I'm at home. She replied almost immediately.

I'm coming over. I'll be there in five minutes.  I text her, and slip my phone back into my pocket.

God, I pray she has a better way of explaining this mess. Honestly, I don't know how much different her side of the story can be, but I do know that I need to hear it. I know that she is guilty. I know she is just as guilty as my father. If not, even more so. I just pray that she can explain this and we can be fine.

But, I know we won't be. I know this. I know I'm openly walking into this with intentions to break whatever this is off with her. For a split second, I almost think that the thought of ending things with her will hurt me more than whatever the fuck I'm feeling right now. Although, I know I'm wrong. Nothing can feel worse than this does right now. This is the worst pain I've ever felt in my entire life. And although the thought of being away from her again fucking kills me, I am already dead. There's nothing more that can hurt me.

I drive as quickly as I can to Candace's house. I have to see her. Maybe this will be okay? Maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing. Maybe there isn't anything to be worried about. Maybe this can all be okay.

When I pull up to her house, I get out of my car before I can regret anything. Every step to the front porch feels like it's miles long. I just want to get this over with. Knocking on the door makes this real, and seeing her open the door almost makes me break down right then.

"Hey, babe. Are you...okay?" She asked, noticing my red eyes and drained appearance.

"No. I'm not. I'm really fucking not." I admitted, not allowing tears to fall from my eyes.

"Do you need to come inside? What's wrong?"

I stay quiet, not even knowing how to start this. Do I yell? Do I scream? Do I cry? What the fuck do I do?

"Matty, what's going on?" She asks seriously.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked, handing her the folder.

-

Author's Note!!!

I am hurt by this!!! I am hurt that Matty found out!! I am still in shock over the fact that Candace and Daniel could possibly do this to him. My mind is just...blown. I have no idea. This is something I have waited for the entire time I have written his story, and it's finally here! The big reveal. We have all waited. The moment is here. I hope you all have enjoyed this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. More parts to come!! Keep reading! You have to see how it ends!!!

Vote! Comment! Share!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

482K 13.4K 26
Growing up in foster care her entire life, Olivia had no family or friends. She was abandoned by the dumpster when she was only an infant. Homeless...
129K 4.4K 53
After over a year apart, Candace finds herself in Seattle for training. Which just so happens to be only blocks away from her ex boyfriend, Matty. W...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
653K 18.9K 56
[UNDER EDITING] Meet Ashley Hayes, the 24-year-old girl who was frowned upon by everyone because she was an orphan. The girl who worked two jobs so s...