Academy of Beasts

By Futuralist

The Hunter of the Workshop had finally slain the final adversary of his Hunt. Now with the Dream coming to a... More

1 - Awakening
2 - Moka Akashiya
3 - English
4 - Saizou Komiya
4.5 - Rumours
5 - Kurumu Kurono
5.5 - Weekend
7 - Midterms
8 - Yukari Sendō
8.5 - Absence
9 - Hitomi Ishigami
10 - Academic Public Safety Commission
11 - Madness

6 - Club Activities

2.5K 88 48
By Futuralist

Oh god, I have no idea why the chapters keep getting larger and larger. This chapter alone is ranging at the 5.8k word count when I intended it to be shorter. That's like close to 15 pages for an actual novel.

______________

One month has passed since the academic semester commenced, with nothing of major concern having occurred despite the eventful first week of classes. During that time period, the Hunter had already developed a morning routine; awaken early within the morning, trek towards the Academy filled with beasts (along with his tricorn hat, as it had turned out he would rather have it on his person), attend a brief meeting with faculty upon arrival (as is standard within teaching institutions), then once the meeting concludes, leave to tend to an assigned homeroom.

... Except the Hunter was not assigned to a homeroom, and therefore he had time for himself before classes commenced. In this free time, he would conduct strenuous exercise to maintain his peak performance as lack of movement (hunting) may cause him to grow inept. And the 'gymnasium-cum-auditorium' facility was the location he frequently visited to conduct his exercise. This was how his mornings typically went throughout the month. As the Hunter entered the gymnasium, one of the senior female students who were already inside, took notice and approached him.

"Sorry sensei! We're setting up the gym for our club right now!" The female student, who wore a sports uniform, apologised.

During the month the Hunter begun training in the gymnasium, it became common for him to see sophomore and senior year students conducting morning practise for their sports, rotating between clubs each morning. It was there he had learnt the sports of 'Basketball' and 'Volleyball', and a reason why he was not avoided by the senior student as they became accustomed to his presence. Though today, it seems his morning routine was put to a pause.

"...? Is today different from any other day?" The Hunter inquired.

The student nodded. "It's so we can prepare for Clubs Day."

The topic of the earlier faculty meeting was about the 'Clubs Day' festival. Described as a day full of festivities for after-school clubs to promote themselves to junior students for potential new members, supposedly to better teach human culture to the beasts. It also meant today was a day without any classes to teach, as the student body and faculty would be preoccupied with attending to the 'Clubs Day' festival. And as the Hunter was once told in passing, joining a club was an optional after-school activity an individual student can partake. Although it is optional, it was encouraged for a student to attend for the potential to meet fellow students with similar interests with the purpose of building social connections. Yet he did not think preparations for the festival were done this early within the morning.

"Then I shall make my leave, I apologise for the disruption." The Hunter replied, bowing apologetically.

"It's all good sensei! It's just for today then we can go back to practising together again!"

______________

After the homeroom period has ended, the hallways of the academic building as well as the yard became bustling with life, filled with numerous clubs with their respective stalls advertising themselves, its members primarily consisting of sophomore and senior students, attempting to attract the new junior students as new potential new members.

There was an extraordinary amount of clubs, ranging from sports, hobbies, and many more, including strangely bizarre ones such as the 'Ghost Photography' club, strange to imagine beasts attempt to prove the existence of ghosts, even if he could verify the existence of such specters, having personally hunted them himself. The Hunter also recalled Shizuka telling him she was the advisor of the Newspaper Club, meaning there were clubs focusing on information as well. Truly a wide range and amount of clubs to be had.

The bustling life meant little notice was sent his way due to the atmosphere of the environment, although the Hunter noticed something forcing itself against the crowd. A distinctive pointed hat gave away the identity of the disruption. Yukari Sendo.

It had been clear throughout the month, that the young girl was discriminated against by her peers for a reason the Hunter did not know, given the wide berth the witch was given by her peers. Regardless, the Hunter had empathy for Yukari, he approached the young student, kneeling down to eye-level, which caught her attention.

"Miss Sendo, do you not intend to join a club?" The Hunter asked the young witch.

"Even if I wanted to join, no one would want me anyways..." Yukari confessed.

"...? Is there a reason for that?" The Hunter asked again. The few possibilities he could surmise was due to jealousy from her young age, or due to skipping numerous academic levels thereby showing her high intellect in comparison to them. Yet he felt such petty reasoning were not the correct answer.

"...? It's becau--." Yukari begun, before a loud commotion by the collective male student body caught both their attentions.

The Swimming Club were currently in the midst of advertising for their club in their own method, its all female club members adorned swimming garments which complemented each member's natural beauty. Much to the pleasure of the surrounding male student body given the positive reception. Also much like with the situation regarding Moka and Kurumu, the Hunter found it humourous to witness the male student body yearning for attention from any considerably beautiful female students in their human facade, despite them all being beasts who supposedly held disdain for humanity. And the one leading the swimming club was one of the senior students, Tamao Ichinose.

"Oh sensei~." Tamao greeted upon noticing the Hunter. "Good morning~."

"Miss Ichinose, a pleasant morning." The Hunter replied with a courtesy bow. "It seems you have been quite busy."

"It's nothing much sensei~. My girls and I don't need to do so much to advertise ourselves~."

"I see, but must it be in such a... risqué manner?" The Hunter asked, cautiously watching over his choice of words, referring to their choice of advertising.

"It's effective marketing~."

A statement which the Hunter could not form an argument against, if he had to reason from the perspective of a concupiscent adolescent, the beauty of each member in the 'swimming club' would have be an enticing incentive to join. However he was was not a concupiscent adolescent, he was a member of faculty.

"You smell so nice sensei~." Tamao stated, sneakily sniffing the air as she leaned closer. "Is it a new product you're using?"

To the Hunter, Tamao was behaving eerily similar to Kagome (Miss Ririko) in how she had acted towards him, eliciting a slight shiver for reasons unknown, yet it seemed as if Tamao was intentionally behaving seductively unlike Kagome's unintentional performance of seduction. Then again, one could say she was also acting similarly to Moka during times she goes into a state of trance around his presence, therefore the Hunter decided to only reprimand Tamao. "Refrain from improper conduct towards staff, Miss Ichinose."

"Oh, I'm sorry~." Tamao apologised. "Why don't you visit our club so I can make up for it sensei~? I'm sure my club would welcome you greatly~."

Upon mention of the club, the Hunter glanced at the surrounding members, their eyes closely eyeing him did not go unnoticed, for reasons the Hunter felt unknown, yet he could instinctively feel their intentions. But he did not feel the need to comply with their desires. "Perhaps another time, I have promised Miss Sendo I would accompany her for today."

The Hunter did not need to glance at Yukari to know she was taken aback by his words.

"Oh really now." Tamao replied, momentarily showed her disdain for Yukari by the shift in her tone while she glanced at the witch, causing the latter to flinch. "Then I guess it's too bad~. I hope you'll visit next time sensei~."

The swimming club left the vicinity, with the surrounding male students following closely behind, possibly to join the swimming club.

"Why did you say that Mr. Syn?!" Yukari shouted at the Hunter afterwards.

"I apologise, Miss Sendo. It was discomforting for Miss Ichinose to behave so flirtatious towards me." The Hunter admitted.

"But why use me as a scapegoat? There might be a misunderstanding!"

"There was little options for me to act upon, what misunderstanding would there be?" The Hunter asked inquisitively. "On the other hand, perhaps you may like to genuinely accompany me while I review these clubs?"

Yukari sighed, deciding it was meaningless to argue further. "Sure, let's just go then Mr. Syn."

______________

Both teacher and student made their trek throughout Youkai Academy, moving in between clubs which may possibly be of interest, there were some and there were not.

"Are there any clubs of interest to you Miss Sendo?" The Hunter asked his current companion, while exploring the variety of clubs had been an interesting activity for him. He did essentially make the young witch accompany him out of her own volition.

"Nope there's nothing, no one would want me there anyway." Yukari answered.

"I recall you mentioning that little detail before the swimming club instigated a commotion. Perhaps you may care to finish explaining the reason?"

Yukari held a confused expression when she was asked. "You don't know Mr. Syn? It's because witches are ha--."

A loud commotion cut off Yukari before she could finish her answer again. This time being cheers instead of the hormonous young men complimenting young attractive women.

It was the Archery Club building. The Hunter's curiosity peaked at the commotion of cheers, and without pause he entered, with Yukari reluctantly following behind. When the pair entered, the attendees shot glances at their way, or more specifically at Yukari, bringing her great discomfort. But the Hunter's presence seemed to have significantly lessened these glances. For now, the Hunter planned to observe the archery of these lands.

After a few minutes had passed, an intriguing detail the Hunter noticed was the method the Archery Club members held their arrow and their firing stance. The nock (end part) of the arrow was drawn with their thumbs, instead of being drawn with the three center fingers which was unlike Archery he was accustomed to. The Hunter surmised it provided better focus, which in turn gave stability and aiming, given their relaxed posture.

"U-um, Syn-sensei?" One of the club members approached the Hunter, holding a bow and quiver full of arrows, her tone seemed to imply she has been intimidated by his presence. "D-do you want to have a try?"

The Hunter stood from his spot, taking up the offered bow and arrow quiver, and made his way to the shooting location.

The glances sent his way did not phase him, since as a hunter, he had be prepared both physically and mentally for any possibilities he would encounter in his skirmishes. And to further hone his prowess as a hunter, he had strengthened his craft to near inhuman levels. Although his prowess with a bow may not up to par with another hunter he had once met, he would still take up the challenge, drawing the arrow and holding its nock with the three finger draw method, unlike with the thumb draw as the Archery Club members demonstrated earlier. A brief moment of concentration on the target, and release.

THUD!

It was not a surprise for the Hunter to see the bullet point land straight in the center white of the target. The Hunter took up another arrow, repeated the preparation process and fired again, another bullseye, he continued to consecutively shoot bullseye after bullseye, with every other arrow taking its place next to the shot before it until he had no arrows left.

Silence filled the archery grounds, the observers, both club members and visitors were left speechless at the display, and the Hunter left the vicinity along with Yukari.

"Ahahahah!" Yukari laughed after the two made their exit of the archery club vicinity. "Did you see their faces?! It was so funny! It's like they didn't expect you to be good at all!"

"While it is good to be cheerful, you also lacked knowledge of my archery prowess."

"Well now I do know! But still it was more fun than I thought seeing them so shocked!"

The Hunter decided not to mention anything else anymore which may affect the current mood, now that Yukari did not possess a sullen expression and a pessimistic outlook unlike earlier.

"It was my choice to examine the archery club, this time it is your turn to decide." The Hunter begun. "Is there a place you wish to visit Miss Sendo?"

Yukari held her chin in thought. "Can we go to the library next?"

"Of course, a leisure break would certainly ease the mind."

______________

The library although not as grandiose as the libraries the Hunter had once visited, remained true to its purpose as a place of learning, it held numerous books originating from the human world, ranging from fictional stories to learning material. It even held those 'computer' machinery which students access something called the 'internet', two particulars he had no knowledge of, yet was told to be an essential of this waking world. He noticed a familiar student at the section of the library where the 'Literature Club' had set up shop. A familiar auburn coloured side braided student in the midst of reading an English book.

"Miss Tetsu, a pleasant morning to you." The Hunter greeted as he made his approach, breaking Kyoka's concentration on her reading.

"Good morning Mr. Syn." Kyoka greeted in return. "Have you been well today?"

In the month since the semester commenced, Kyoya had significantly improved her pronunciation of the English language, no longer pronouncing 'L's with 'R's much like many of her peers. The Hunter could recall Kyoka being intimidated by him since the first moment he called upon her name during the very first roll call, yet now she conversed comfortably with him.

"It has been a fascinating day so far." The Hunter answered. "Have you joined the 'Literature Club'?"

Kyoka nodded. "I've always loved reading English literature, so I thought it would've been good to join."

The Hunter took a glance at the novel Kyoka was currently reading. Even now, she was reading one of such English literature. 'To Kill A Mockingbird.' "It would certainly explain your proficiency in the language."

"Thank you Mr. Syn. But my mispronunciations at the start of semester would say otherwise."

"Lack of practise would lead one to butcher pronunciation."

"It certainly would, at least I could improve it since you were here to teach. But who's hiding behind you?" Kyoka asked, noticing the hiding Yukari who used the Hunter as cover. "Her witch's hat is sticking behind you Mr. Syn."

"Ah, my apologies. This is Miss Yukari Sendo, a student from a separate class." The Hunter introduced, urging Yukari to face Kyoka.

"Hello Yukari, I'm Kyoka Tetsu." Kyoka introduced in return. (A.N. Just as a reminder, Kyoka Tetsu is not an actual character in R+V and her name was procedurally generated, a̶l̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶e̶x̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶r̶b̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶e̶)

"Y-yukari Sendo..."

The two students begun to speak about a range of topics, from basic introductions then to the themes of racial discrimination depicted in 'To Kill A Mockingbird', and other miscellaneous topics. The Hunter made a mental note to become more well read due to the fascinating themes present in these literature. But gradually, Yukari begun to grow comfortable conversing with Kyoka.

"It's because witches are considered half-breeds between humans and youkai Mr. Syn." Kyoka explained when the conversation eventually lead to the Hunter asking about Yukari's discrimination. "So they're discriminated against by youkai because of it."

"Is that right? How petty of those beas-- students, to think they aim to better integrate themselves into human society after graduation, yet I suppose discrimination is quite common in both worlds." The Hunter replied. "Your future is a bright one indeed Miss Tetsu."

"Discrimination isn't something I support. I think it's detrimental."

"And that mindset gives me great hope in your future endeavors Miss Tetsu." The Hunter replied, later glancing at the clock, seeing their conversation had passed an hour. "I must take my leave, I still have other club designations I wish to observe."

______________

The school day was quickly coming to a close, and with the little time that was left, the Hunter made his way to the remaining clubs which had caught his interest with Yukari still in his company. Culinary club; no surprises when Kurumu was encountered there. Shown proficiency with a knife to the members' amazement. Afterwards, was offered a couple of pastries by Kurumu from her basket, something which became a regular occurrence ever since the Hunter showed lenience despite injuring him. Left after giving the pastries to Yukari. Kendo club; witnessed the culture and swordplay of this land to see whether certain elements could be incorporated into his combat style with the Chikage. Participated utilising only what he learnt from observation to achieve overwhelming results. Left. The remaining time left in the day continued on in this rhythm, with him investigating the many Clubs which came of interest to him, distincting himself apart from the students who showed interest in attending said club, and him leaving, rinse and repeat. Today had truly been a fascinating experience, and now it was coming to a close.

"Kyoka's a nice person." Yukari begun.

"She is." The Hunter replied in agreement.

"I had a lot of fun today."

"I am glad to hear that."

"And watching you be so good at everything was more entertaining than I thought it would be."

"My gratitude for such undeserved praise."

"Why did you want to come with me today Mr. Syn?" A sudden unexpected twist in Yukari's line of questioning.

The Hunter held a brief silence as he tried to formulate an answer. "... I did not wish for a young girl such as yourself to develop a negative mindset. I believed it would greatly impact your future had you remained in melancholy."

"That's quite a meaningless reason to ask me to come with you Mr. Syn."

"It was not a meaningless day, I wished to understand your plight and I have achieved it. At the very least, I now understand the reason you face such discrimination."

"Although it's strange that you didn't know that, there's things I've learnt about you today too Mr. Syn!" Yukari expressed.

"About me?"

"Mhm! You speak like an old person!"

"... How outspoken of you Miss Sendo."

"I'm serious! You almost never use any contractions and you keep speaking like you want to seem dignified even though you don't seem that old!"

"... I suppose my mannerisms would instigate that impression in this world."

Yukari did a head tilt at the Hunter's words. "This 'world'? What do you mean by that Mr. Syn?"

"That is enough about me, do you believe you may become a member for a club Miss Sendo?" The Hunter asked in an attempt to deflect the question.

"Don't think I didn't notice your attempt to deflect there Mr. Syn! But since I had fun today, I'll just ignore it and answer your question. I don't think I'll join a club right now, but I finally have someone to talk to!"

"I am sure Miss Tetsu would be glad to be a friend."

"I happy to finally have a friend too!" Yukari exclaimed. "I better go now to study for the midterms, I'll see you in class tomorrow Mr. Syn!"

"Of course, please have a pleasant rest of the day." The Hunter said, as Yukari begun to walk back to her dorm room.

It was enough for the Hunter for Yukari to be in a better mood than how she seemed beforehand, and so he decided as well to return to the Teachers' Dormitories to take a rest. Yet on the way, he noticed another familiar student whom sat by her lonesome. Her uniform had been dampened, yet static electricity seemed to emit from her body despite being doused in water. Her expression showed her to be in great distress, and was in the midst of conversing a very audible conversation with her alternate self.

~~~~~

After being doused in water by her senior, Tamao Ichinose. Moka ran off a considerable distance from the pool, sitting by her lonesome to recuperate from being splashed with water. It was because of Tsukune's insistence to go swimming which lead Moka to her current situation, but she wanted to be with him so she had went regardless of potential consequences, and it had hurt her dearly.

Moka from within the Rosary even reprimanded her for even going near the pool, due to the two sharing the same body. As a vampire's natural weakness is water due to its purifying effect, meaning Moka being drenched in water affected Moka too. Yet Moka did not concern herself with Moka's justifiable annoyance, loudly proclaiming she didn't want to have a vampire's body if it meant she could also go swimming, calling it a curse.

A brief moment of silence due to Moka no longer responding to her pleas, until Moka felt something placed upon her shoulders. She looked up, and she saw Syn-sensei leaning before her, having removed his coat to drape it over her.

"It would not bode well for your health if you remain wet." Syn-sensei stated.

It was the first time Moka had seen Syn-sensei without his coat. Only now did she notice that he wore a leather vest strapped with four belts which was worn over a white sleeve collar shirt, tightly hugging a sturdy frame. His coat had hid his physique well, because Moka could see the refined muscles even under the shirt and vest. Moka fell into a trance imagining what such blood would've tasted like, a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶n̶e̶a̶t̶h̶.

"Miss Akashiya?" Syn-sensei called out, removing his glove to place his hand on Moka's forehead, in an act to check her temperature, snapping her out of her trance.

"Y-yes?!" Moka shouted, backing away from the sudden touch.

"Have you calmed yourself?" Syn-sensei asked, retracting his hand to replace the glove.

"Yep!" Moka shouted, putting her arms through the sleeves of the coat in an attempt to show Syn-sensei her calmness. "I've calmed down now!"

Syn-sensei nodded, seating himself a few distance away from her. "What seems to be the matter? Has Mr. Aono done something again?"

Moka told Syn-sensei the string of events which lead to her sitting alone. From her senior Tamao Ichinose and the swimming club's advertisement, and Tsukune's insistence on swimming in the pool, which lead to her being splashed with water and to their current conversation.

"Water brings you harm? It is not just Holy Water?" Syn-sensei asked inquisitively.

Moka nodded. "It's because water has purifying effects which is harmful to a vampire."

Syn-sensei held what Moka felt to be a minor curiosity, judging by how his eye seemed to gaze at her. The one month was enough time for Moka to briefly understand his mood whenever she would see his eye. Although she wondered why he kept his left eye hidden from sight.

"... I must ask, is silver also a dangerous substance?" Syn-sensei asked.

Moka held a curious look at the question, yet she nodded, slightly confused on why it was asked. "Silver is dangerous for nearly all youkai, shouldn't you know that Mr. Syn?"

"It is just a mere passing curiosity." Syn-sensei deflected. "Though it seems a lack of communication has lead to your current situation. Mr. Aono is human, it is unlikely he knew water to be your weakness."

"...! Oh... I really should've known that, then I yelled at Tsukune for no reason..."

"An apology should mend any ill will which may have transpired. Regarding the current predicament Mr. Aono finds himself in, I believe those young women may have taken in Mr. Aono's 'scent'."

"Tsukune's smell?" Moka asked, an immediate thought came to her mind at the implication. "They must've smelled Tsukune's humanness!"

Syn-sensei nodded. "It would certainly explain the concerning lack of boundaries Miss Ichinose displayed towards me also, how disturbingly similar it was to another person I had in mind."

"Senior Tamao was acting like that to you too Mr. Syn? Why would she do that if you're not human like Tsukune? Who was she like?"

Syn-sensei seemed to shudder when she asked the bombardment of questions, but Moka chalked it up as just her imagination. "Akin to Miss Ririko."

"Miss Ririko?" Moka questioned, tilting inquisitively as Syn-sensei's mention of Ririko-sensei, her mathematics teacher. "Did Miss Ririko do something to you Mr. Syn?"

Syn-sensei kept a brief silence, as if he didn't want to answer. "... Perhaps a better example would be you, Miss Akashiya."

"M-me?! Why me?!" Moka shouted, flabbergasted at Syn-sensei using her as the example.

"I recall you also becoming intoxicated by my presence, more so than Mr. Aono." Syn-sensei reminded. "Just as you had a moment ago."

"D-don't bring that up Mr. Syn!" Moka shouted again, her arm reaching out to Syn-sensei as she waved her hands defensively, shocked that Syn-sensei had even noticed. A small chuckle came from Syn-sensei at her flustered reaction as she tried her best to move the conversation elsewhere.

Until a commotion could be heard at the distance which caught their attention, screams from who sounded like male students from the direction of the swimming pool.

______________

When the Hunter along with Moka arrived at the swimming pool, half-fish and half-human female aquatic beasts (the Hunter flinched instinctively at the combination and their prominent teeth) have infested the swimming pool, and in the center of the pool was Tsukune, held hostage by a turquoise hair mermaid, which gave away the mermaid's identity, it was Tamao Ichinose whom he had conversed earlier with. And littered across the pool were whom the Hunter assumed to be male students with prominent bite marks on their bodies, they appear as if their vigor was stolen away, appearing aged beyond their actual age. And with his arrival, the fish-like beasts grew more ecstatic at his presence.

'The amount of students willing to breach academic rules is concerning.' The Hunter thought.

The Hunter had once heard of the tale of half-fish half-human beasts, calling upon sea voyagers with their song and beauty which caused their voyage to capsize, leading the unfortunate souls to become their victims. Mermaids he believed they were called. Yet to think those tales were true to their word m̶i̶n̶u̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶p̶e̶c̶t̶, it would have certainly be dangerous for him to be in the water and be bitten. Not because of the loss of vitality had he been hypothetically bit, but because of what flowed in him, otherwise he would have already dealt with these unsightly aquatic beasts.

Moka, still adorning his coat, ran to the pool as if she intended to dive in to save Tsukune from Tamao's clutches.

The Hunter grabbed Moka's arm before she could take the plunge. "Did you not say water was hazardous to your body?"

"But Tsukune is in danger!"

"That does not warrant such a reckless act." The Hunter reprimanded.

"And leave Tsukune to be like those mummies?!" Moka shouted while erratically moving around, referring to the withered male students.

Knowing it useless to convince Moka otherwise, the Hunter decided to make a suggestion. "... If you truly wish to take the gamble, I have a proposal if you wish to proceed."

"A proposal...?" Moka asked, ceasing her struggles to remove his grip.

The Hunter nodded, positioning himself as if he was to lift an object of considerable weight. "Stand atop my hands and I shall boost you close to Mr. Aono as possible so he may remove your Rosary. My coat should lessen your exposure to the water otherwise."

Moka immediately nodded without hesitation, standing upon the Hunter's gloves.

"Brace yourself Miss Akashiya."

In a swift motion, the Hunter launched Moka into the skies, her landing point being directly before Tsukune. The Rosary was removed from the choker just before Moka made a splash in the water. And Moka was released as she in the water, causing a disturbance in the pool with a powerful blast.

Moka was angered at the thought of being submerged in the pool, and the disadvantageous situation she found herself in, weakened by the water (although not as significantly because of how large the coat was) and surrounded by mermaids within their most advantageous terrain. Tamao reacted accordingly, snapping her fingers as a signal for the surrounding mermaids to attack Moka. In response, Moka leapt into the air, luring the mermaids into the air to attack her, and the bait was taken. Moka performed a vicious beatdown to the mermaids whom approached her.

The Hunter paid no attention to the mermaids who called for him for assistance from the rampaging Moka, merely writing up the punishments he would enforce upon them once the commotion ceased; transforming into their beastly forms, very likely killing some male students through stealing their vitality, instigating violence amongst peers, attempt to seduce faculty.

Once the commotion ceased, with the entire swimming club unconscious and Moka landing at the pool's edge. Tsukune quickly made his approach to her. It was certain Moka thought of Moka foolish, but Tsukune even more so due to endangering both her and her  for the sake of trying to charm Moka, giving the young man a slap with the sleeve of the coat while admonishing him. "She deserves better than a fool who only thinks for himself."

"And you." Moka pointed at the Hunter, the coat sleeve still covering the her arm, giving her a strangely adorable image despite her attempt to reprimand him. "It would've been much more quicker if you had helped."

"It would be dangerous should they had taken in my blood." The Hunter answered as he begun making his way to the pool, removing his vest, boots, gauntlets and gloves.

"Dangerous? What could be in your blood to make you so worri-- What are you doing?" Moka asked, incredulously watching while the Hunter hopped into the pool.

"Someone is still responsible for their well-being." The Hunter answered as he made his way to the fainted mermaids and the considerably aged male students, carrying them in his arms onto the edge (flinching whenever he made physical contact with a mermaid), cycling between carrying an unconscious and placing them outside the pool, with little concern of his clothing becoming see-through from the water, a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶o̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶h̶y̶s̶i̶q̶u̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶. "As faculty, it would not do well to leave them in the water. There also lies the problem with the students who had their vitality stolen from them."

Moka kept a brief silence as she held a sharp focus on the Hunter. "Suit yourself then."

"I must ask, has my coat eased your burdens?" The Hunter asked, placing another mermaid out the water.

"... Tch, yeah." Moka answered, turning her attention away from the Hunter as if she found something else interesting to view, while tugging at his coat.

The final mermaid left had been Tamao herself, the Hunter made his way to her direction, carrying the mermaid within his arms and made his way back to dry land.

"You really do smell so nice Syn-sensei~." Tamao managed to let out while, after barely regaining her consciousness, reverting back to her human form as she took small glances at the Hunter's physique. "I just might fall in love~."

"Flattery will lead you nowhere, Miss Ichinose. Your club will still be given punishment for your actions."

"How mean~..." Tamao tried to flirt once again. "Can't you let me off this once~?"

"An expulsion shall be in order should any of the male students forfeit their lives." The Hunter bluntly responded, no longer in the mood to put up with Tamao's antics. "Otherwise the punishment will be a week suspension, the alternative punishment is your entire club placed in detention with Miss Nekonome as supervisor."

"Eek!"

________________

The results of the 'Clubs Day' festival having ended with Moka, Kurumu, and Tsukune joining the Newspaper Club, while the Hunter chose not to bound himself to an affiliation. Although, in the weeks following after the 'Clubs Day' festival, the Hunter's desk had continually been filled to the brim with requests from numerous clubs to become their advisor. Surprisingly even the swimming club, despite the punishment he had given them for their commotion (and leaving them to get beaten to a pulp by Moka).

"Syn-sensei!" Shizuka called out to the Hunter, turning his attention towards her.

"We've just published our first newspaper for the year meow!" Shizuka shouted excitedly, facing the newspaper held in her hand towards the Hunter.

The Hunter glanced at the newspaper, examining the written content.

Aono Tsukune Innocent:

The actual perpetrator in the peeper riot was Morioka Ginei from 2nd Year Class One.

"Quite a strange topic to publish for the first edition, is it not Mis--" The Hunter tried to ask, before a stern glare from Shizuka gave him pause. "Shizuka?"

"Meow? You can read Japanese Syn-sensei?"

"I can comprehend a certain amount."

Ever since receiving Moka's advise after the incident with Kurumu, the Hunter begun to study the native language of Japanese on his spare time. Although he did not expect that advise to have him overhearing and comprehending the concerning conversation Moka had with Moka, with the former cursing herself for being a vampiress. The one month had been enough time for him to grasp the basics of the native tongue of this land, the alphabet system called Hiragana and Katakana being the most simplest to learn, yet the problem came with Kanji due to the sheer amount of characters.

"Oh! That's quick progress for just one month!" Shizuka shouted in awe at the speed of the Hunter's progress. "Then does that mean you can speak some Japanese now? Then let's see how well you can speak it meow!"

"I apologise Shizuka, I cannot speak it adequately without making a blunder of myself."

"Don't worry Syn-sensei, you can't improve if you don't make mistakes!" Shizuka reassured, later taking a glance at the stack of letters. "But what do you plan to do with all those letters meow?"

"I may not respond to any invitations, even if some had been thoughtful as to request in my native tongue. It is best for these clubs to find another to be their advisor." The Hunter confessed, throwing the opened invitations into the bin.

"But I think you would be a good advisor for any of these clubs! Even if the swimming club seemed afraid of me meow..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.3K 1.1K 25
[COMPLETED] After the incident that happened at Cross Academy, Which was caused by Yuki and Kanme's uncle, Rido Kuran, everything came back to norm...
14.2K 452 32
Reiji Oni, from the first Jerk & A Vampire story, returns to Yokai Academy for another year of crazy adventures. This year however, goes much farthe...
1K 58 26
It's time for Volume Two of Ask Aways from Tumblr asks I have written...buckle up and yes Dragostea mea/meu Vladcard is in the house. The Aizawa and...
64 5 18
This is the First After Story, my first remake, and my third project. Tatsumi Marin had met up with Braedey Martin, bearer of the Transformatrix. To...