Rose

Por babyXvee

Rose never had the ambition or the confidence Lily had. She was always living in the shadow and was always be... Más

01
02
03
04
06
07
08
09
10
11.
12.
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
Lily

05

323 10 1
Por babyXvee

05

To me the meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears. -William Wordsworth

"You're marrying who?!" Mia exclaimed.

"Rex Luckwaldt." I said casually and Mia threw my pillow at me.

"Why?! You don't even know the man!"

"But he's the man that's going to save my family Mia." I sighed, hugging the pillow against my chest. The day has been too long and I was exhausted.

I knew Mia was probably worried about me for the entire day, but I had to do what's best for everyone. Talking my parents and Lily into the crazy idea took all the energy I had left in me. Even now, I can't believe I was insane enough to suggest this ridiculous idea.

"Rose! You are not marrying that man!" My Mom yelled from across the table as soon as I suggested the idea.

"I've always known you were stupid Rose," My sister insulted. "But this is absolutely ridiculous! You can't possibly live a day in my life!"

"You're right Lily, I know I can't." I told her calmly. "I know I don't have that personality of yours and people around you would immediately realize that I'm not you. So that's why we should just fool the Luckwaldt."

"What are you saying?"

"We don't have to completely switch lives Lily." I continued, "I don't have what it takes to be a model and you don't have what it takes to bake a batch of cupcakes. Whenever we need to meet the Luckwaldt, I'll be you and you can be me."

"They can't be fooled so easily Rose." Lily replied. "This crazy idea of yours isn't going to work!"

"But what other options do we have Lily?" I asked.

"We're not letting you do it." My Dad interjected and I smiled softly at him.

"Maybe I'll fall in love with Rex...and then we can always tell them the truth later right? Plus it's not like we're going to get married right off the bat. Don't we need time to know each other first or something like that? It's just for the time being until we can figure out something else." I replied.

"But you can't just be me all of a sudden!" Lily exclaimed. "You don't have the temper I have, you don't have the-"

"I know I don't Lily." I cut her off. "That's why I was thinking I move in with you. You can observe how I am and I can observe how you are. We can learn our likes and dislikes, correct the way we speak, dress the way we dress, I promise I won't ruin your image Lily. You can go to work like usual and I'll keep working at the bakery. The only thing is that if we are to meet with Rex outside we have to arrange it ahead of time."

"And you really think this is going to work?" My sister asked and I nodded even though I wasn't so sure myself.

"I'm not okay with this." My Mom said. "I can't do this to my daughter to save another one."

"Mom, I'm okay." I told her. "I'm okay with doing it, I want to help out with whatever I can."

"Rose-" My Dad spoke but I shook my head.

"Please Dad, just have faith in me okay? This is something I want to do and I won't regret it." I told them and then they didn't say anything.

I knew how much they hated my idea but I had to do what I got to do. I know how hard my parents work to build their empire even though it's not big and successful like Kingsley's or Luckwaldt's but it's their life's work. I simply can't see it going down like this without a fight.

"See Rose!" Mia continued to scowl me. "This is what I meant when I said that you're over stepping your boundaries to help someone! You're marrying someone you don't even know!"

"That's not the problem-"

"Yes that is a problem Rose!" Mia let out a frustrating grunt. "It is a fucking problem! Why are you sacrificing your life for your family?!"

"That's why Mia, they are my family. They-"

"They don't give a shit!" Mia continued to rage. "They're okay with selling you off to some man you don't even know and not selling Lily to them!?"

"Lily has nothing to do with this," I told her. "They all disagreed-"

"Good they better! But they're not doing any better by letting you go through with this!"

"Mia I know you're angry but please this is my decision."

"You always fucking say that Rose! You always FUCKING say that!" I've seen Mia angry numerous of times but I've never see her this angry before. I know how frustrated and disappointed she must feel about me but I can't just stay idle on the side line without doing anything to help my family.

"What about your life?!" Mia started to cry and I started to feel bad. "God Rose seriously what about your fucking life?! You can't just always let your fucking family decide how your life is going to turn out!"

"I'm not letting them decide." I said calmly. "I decided to marry Rex and this is what I've decided so Mia can't you just support my decision?"

"Not in a million years." Mia wiped her tears. "God I don't even know why I'm crying when I'm not the one that's marrying a complete stranger." I chuckled but she glared at me. "It's not funny Rose. I'm fucking crying for you because you won't fucking CRY! It's unfair, why do you always have to sacrifice for?!"

"Does it really matter Mia? They're my family and they're the most important people to me."

"Am I not important? Don't you have a fucking word I'm trying to drill into that fucking generous head of yours?!"

"I hear every single one of your words Mia, I really do. But I want to help with whatever I can. I always knew this was bound to happen anyways, marrying for business connections." I let out a soft laugh but that just caused Mia to flip even more.

"I don't know what to fucking say to you anymore. I don't want to talk to you...just enjoy your fucking life." Mia growled and with that, she hopped off of my bed and angrily stormed out of my room and slamming the door hard as she left.

My heart ached to see my best friend so angry with my problems. I just don't get why she doesn't understand how important this is to me. My family is on the verge of breaking, shouldn't she understand that what I'm doing is to fix my family? To prevent tears and grief? I sighed and dropped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I'm doing the right thing. Yes Rose Starr, you are doing the right thing.

(-)

I was over at Lily's apartment the next morning after I've left the bakery in Mia's charge. When she walked in this morning, she didn't even bother acknowledging me or anything. She gave me a glare before she ignored me the entire morning. I even made my signature pancakes by waking up a little bit earlier than usual. I guess it was going to take awhile before she'll forgive me and support what I'm doing.

"Here wear this." Lily pulled out a red dress from her wardrobe and handed it to me.

It was ten in the morning and we were meeting the Luckwaldt at lunch time and I still needed to perfect my Lily impersonation. I took the red dress out of my sister's hand and stared at it. It was definitely something I'm not use to wearing with the amount of sick and cleavage showing. But I'm supposes to be Lily so I just had to suck it up and deal with it. I quickly changed in the bathroom and emerged a few minutes later. I didn't look terribly bad in the dress, I just didn't have the self confidence to show so much of my body to the public like Lily was.

"Stop covering yourself." Lily was sitting on the edge of her bed. "You're supposes to be me, have confidence in yourself will you?" I nodded and joined her in her room.

Lily moved towards her table and gestured me to sit in the seat in front of the mirror so I quietly obeyed. She started to unzip bags and bags of makeup and she worked on my face. For the next twenty minutes, we didn't say anything. I sat straight up on the seat while Lily worked around me, instructing me to open my eyes, shut my eyes, and make an O with my mouth as she applied my makeup.

Just like that, I was transformed into Lily. I know that no one would be able to tell the difference between us if we were to stand side by side. Unfortunately though, I'm supposes to be Lily and Lily's supposes to be me.

"We've got to do something about the hair." Lily said. "Everyone knows that I have amber hair."

"But-" I started but I didn't know what to say.

"Don't worry, I've figured out the hair problem." Lily replied. "We probably don't have time to dye our hairs, but I went and borrow some wigs from the set. This will do for now right?" Lily picked up two wigs from her bed that I didn't even notice.

One was amber red in the same shade as her hair and the other was a chestnut brown which was similar to mine. I was surprised that Lily has actually thought this far even though she had strongly disagreed with my idea just last night. Lily adjusted the wig on my head and hid away all of my brown hair. Now I officially look like Lily Starr.

"Let's get going back to your apartment." Lily started, "I still have to wear your outfit you know." I nodded and we quickly headed out.

The restaurant we were heading to, Papillon, was closer to my apartment than Lily's. It didn't take long for Lily to transform into me and it's actually scary to look at her because she looked too much like me.

"You remember everything I told you right?" Lily asked as she drove towards the restaurant. When we were getting ready at my place, we had some time to spare so Lily gave me a briefing on everything about her fashion and career. We skipped out on the basis like when she started modelling, the date and which magazine she was featured on the front covers etc. Those were things I already know, it was more of her current life which I know nothing about.

"Yeah I believe so." I replied.

"When is the launch for my line?" She quizzed me.

"The date hasn't really been set yet but I'm trying really hard to launch in by the end of this year." I replied.

"What about the style?"

"Edgy. I want to show the strength of a woman, to show that they don't need a male to success in life." I replied.

She continued to quiz me on our way to the restaurant until she was satisfied. Soon we pulled up at the French restaurant and I started to feel nervous. My stomach suddenly became knots and I felt like throwing up. As we entered the restaurant and the hostess guided us to our tables, our parents were already seated with three empty chairs directly across from them.

"Rose, Lily." My Mom greeted us. My parents immediately recognized us even when we were dressed as the other.

We sat down in our seats and were immediately offered wine. I nervously played with the bottom of the glass like how Lily always does with wine (I did live with my sister for a long time) as it is one of her habits.

"Lily are you okay?" I heard my sister's voice and I raised an eyebrow, Lily? But I'm- Oh right.

"Yeah I'm fine." I replied, thankfully my sister decided to do something like that because if the Luckwaldt were talking to me, I probably would have only responded to Rose.

"Sorry for the wait!" A man's voice echoed and my family looked up to see a man in his fifties entering with a woman around the same age and a young man follow behind them. I could only assume that this man was Rex Luckwaldt. My family instantly stood up on our feet to greet the newcomers as we exchanged our hands across the table.

"Rose Starr," My sister shook their hands with a smile as I would have done. "How are you?" Soon the family landed their eyes on me and I slowly extended my hand out to greet them.

"Lily Starr," I pulled off my sister's cool and distant personality. I felt Rex's eyes on me, looking up and down and then smirked as if he approves what he sees.

We all sat down in our seats and Rex was seated directly across from me. I tried to look away but I knew I wasn't Rose anymore, I was Lily and I didn't back down from anyone. I kept my face straight and stared at Rex. He wasn't bad on the eyes that's for sure, his dirty blonde hair and blue eyes were definitely charming. However there was just something I couldn't get use to, maybe it's the smile on his face or the look he was giving me.

"I can't believe the famous Lily Starr is sitting in front of me." Rex started while our families watched. "You're much more gorgeous in flesh than on a piece of paper." What would Lily say in a situation like this? I ran through all of the conversations I've heard Lily say in the past to find something suitable to say.

"Not the first time I've heard something like that." I replied which caused Rex to grin wider.

"That's quite the confidence you have."

"That's also something I've heard before." I replied coldly.

"Well then!" Mr. Luckwaldt, Rex's father started. "Business can wait, why don't we start eating?"

The lunch was uncomfortable to say the less. I coldly ignored Rex as much as I could just like how Lily ignored all of the set up my parents' have done in the past. Rex has said some really interesting things that I would have loved to reply to if I was Rose, but I wasn't. I nodded at the things he was saying as if I was interested and then changed the topic.

Business talk soon began as soon as the meal was finished and I needed a break from everything. I excused myself and headed for the bathroom and as soon as I was in my bathroom, I leaned against the sink and let out a heavy sigh. I knew that this idea was going to be difficult, I can't act like Rose Starr and it's not sitting well with me.

I looked at my sister's reflection on the mirror and I gathered all the courage I have to become Lily Starr. I adjusted my dress and glanced at myself once again to make sure I looked presentable.

"You can do it Rose Starr." I cheered myself on quietly and I made my way out of the bathroom.

As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom I jumped when I saw Rex leaning against the wall across from me. I let out a small scream and placed a hand on my racing heart.

"Oh I didn't expect something like that would scare you." Rex pushed himself up and walked towards me. I froze in my spot while I eyed Rex carefully. I really didn't know what it was that Rex was emitting, but there's something I have to watch out with him. Usually I don't judge people because I believe that they have their reasons, but Rex...I just can't wrap my fingers around what I thought of him.

"What are you doing?" I replied and he ran his finger through a strand of my hair.

"Just taking a closer look at my fiancée," He whispered in my ears that sent a shiver down my spine. "Plus we should take some time to get to know each other don't you think?"

"Of course, but I think now is not the best time." I told him. I started to move away from him but he grabbed me by the wrist, yanking me back and he pinned me against the wall. I let out a gasp and I was left unguarded. I reverted back to Rose Starr, and this is something I totally wasn't looking forward to.

"I guess I can brag to my friends that I have a super model fiancée now can't I?" His breath hit my skin and he drew his face closer to mine.

I cowered from his gaze and my throat became dry. Damn it, why can't I have the courage Lily has? Would she stand for something like this? Would she just surrender if someone is pushing her to a corner like this? My eyes trembled as he pulled his face even closer to mine, his lips centimeters away from mine. I tried to find strength in me but I couldn't, I couldn't push him away even if I wanted to.

"Ahem." I heard a low voice coming from behind Rex. Rex stopped inching forward and our noses were touching. I saw him gritting his teeth together before he moved away from me to look at the intruder. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and I looked over Rex's shoulder to find Aiden and his assistant standing there. My eyes widened when the pair of hazel eyes met mine. What the hell is he doing here? Really...what are the odds of him being here and saving me in the nick of time?!

"Oh my, my Aiden!" Rex chuckled. "What a pleasant surprise to see you here."

"Mr. Luckwaldt, I would prefer you to call me Mr. Kingsley." Aiden glared at him.

"You're still such a stiff man Aiden." Rex ignored him and I saw the Aiden's jaw tighten. "Maybe you should get yourself a woman, they do wonders you know."

"I believe none of that is a concern of yours." He replied and then Aiden's eyes darted onto me. The intimidating hazel eyes caused my heart to skip a beat. He was staring at me so intently, it felt like he saw who I am...as if he knew I wasn't Lily but Rose.

"Ah I see you've seen my fiancée," Rex caught Aiden's on me and Rex wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. "I'm not sure if you know her but she's the famous model Lily Starr." Aiden raised his eyebrow as he looked up and down at me.

"The Starrs are quite desperate to sell their daughter to save themselves." Aiden glared. "I'm surprise that the Luckwaldt are sticking their nose in a failing company."

"I'm very aware that the Starr approached you yesterday but you turned a blind eye on them." Rex tightened his grip around my waist. "Unlike you, our family believes the Starr has potential and it's worth the risk. I mean come on," He chuckled, "Sacrificing a daughter in order to save a family business is well worth it isn't it?" Rex added and then he kissed me on the cheek.

"And this is why the Luckwaldt will never surpass my company," Aiden growled angrily at Rex and then his eyes landed on me. I knew he wanted to say something to me but he decided against it.

He shoved his hands into his pockets and then he walked away. I stared at his retreating back and my eyes were ripped away from him when Rex tightened his grip around my waist. He chuckled loudly, running his free hand through his hair.

"Oh man, I can't believe he's actually jealous!" He exclaimed, "Who would have thought he would be jealous of me having a super model as a fiancée," He turned to me. "I've always hated that man, maybe you'll be more use than I thought."

I gulped. I don't know why the two men hate each other, but I really don't want to be a part of it.

(-)

I pushed the door opened to the bakery later that afternoon. I already stripped out of Lily's dress I had worn earlier to the lunch with the Luckwaldt and I was back in my everyday comfort wear. Mia and Michelle were leaning against the front counter, muttering words into each other ears. I smiled when I saw them, it's nice to finally have my life back. It's only been one lunch and I'm already feeling the world against me, but I have to do this for my family.

"Hey girls," I beamed, the door clicking shut behind me as I made my way towards them.

Mia jumped when she heard me and then ignored me. I sighed silently because I knew Mia was still angry at me. She glared at me before she pushed herself off of the counter and headed to the back of the bakery. Michelle and I walked her as she stormed off while I worked my brain to see what I could do to make my best friend forgive me.

"You pissed her off big time." Michelle said softly as she leaned across the counter where I stood on the other side.

"I know," I replied and dropped my keys onto the counter. "She's going to need a break from me. I hate to leave the shop to you two but I need to get back to the apartment to pack some things."

"I don't like what you're doing either Rose." Michelle said in a low voice. "But just...be careful, lying like this will always have its consequences."

"I will don't worry." I smiled softly. "But I do need to go now, I just wanted to check on Mia and how things are going here. Please try to help comfort Mia." I begged and Michelle nodded. I picked up my keys but Michelle quickly grabbed my wrist.

"Before you go, I think you have someone to deal with." Michelle whispered and I crooked an eyebrow. She eyed and nodded to someone behind me. I slowly looked over my shoulders and my throat became dry when a familiar pair of hazel eyes landed on me. I quickly looked away and pulled Michelle closer to me.

"You didn't say anything to him did you?" I whispered into her ears.

"About what?" She whispered back.

"The switching identities part." I informed and she shook her head.

"He just walked in and said he needed to see you." She continued, "We told him that you were out and didn't know when you were coming back. He insisted on waiting for you to return, so I don't know what the deal with him is. Do you owe someone money or something?"

"Just don't say anything about the identity things, its top military secret okay?" I instructed and Michelle nodded.

"Miss Starr," I heard Aiden's voice behind me and I jumped. I placed my hand on my racing heart and slowly turned to look at him.

"Oh. Hello Mr. Kingsley." I smiled at him. He was standing just a foot away from me with one of his hand in his pocket.

He's gorgeous. He was in a black suit that looked personally tailored to his body and I have never realized how tall he was. Yes I know I've meant with him quite frequently for the past few weeks, but I never took the time to admire his physique.

"Ah! I don't know what I ate for lunch, but my stomach is hurting pretty bad right now." Michelle cooed from behind me and scurried away without a second glance at us. Both of us didn't seem to be bothered with Michelle's pathetic escape but I was feeling nervous. His eyes boring into mine and I shifted uncomfortably in my spot.

"What are you doing here?" I finally broke the ice between us but Aiden wasn't very cooperative because he kept his mouth shut. "Mr. Kingsley?" I added after the brief silence and I was even smiling at him, hoping that it would lighten his mood.

"Don't you hate me?" He asked and I arched an eyebrow. Whoa what? Where did that come from?

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"You saw your parents kneeling in front of me yesterday, should you hate me just as your sister hates me? Don't you want to hit me like she did?"

"I wouldn't say I hate you..." I trailed off. "Of course it was hurtful when I saw them on their knees and it is something I don't want to relive. But I'm pretty sure there was a reason for them to do it. I respect and think highly of my parents, if they need to do something I'm sure they have a legitimate reason to do so."

"And what if I told them to kneel before me?"

"With our few encounters, I don't see you as a man like that Mr. Kingsley." I replied. "You saved me twice from falling during the charity dinner and I did not see a cold man."

"Twice." He repeated quietly before he let out a small chuckle.

"Yes twice," I repeated as well. "And would you answer me truthfully now? Did you ask my parents to kneel in front of you?"

"No."

"No?" I asked.

"No I did not ask your parents to kneel in front of me." He replied. "They dropped to their knees just before your sister barged into the office. Your sister was already telling them to get up, I didn't think I'll be able to get a word in." I laughed and I didn't know why I was laughing, maybe it was the way he said it.

"See," I smiled at him. "You're not a cold hearted man."

"Just who are you Rose Starr?" He asked cautiously.

"I'm me?..." I replied. How was I supposes to answer a question like that?!

Just then the bell on the door chimed and both of us looked towards to door. I saw Aiden's assistant standing there and he smiled at me before a professional look overtook his face.

"Sorry for the interruption Mr. Kingsley," He started. "But you have an appointment with the Rolarks in half an hour or would you like me to cancel it as well?"

"Cancel it." Aiden replied and I gasped.

"Oh no," I interrupted. "Please don't let me take anymore of your time. Time is everything to a businessman isn't it? Besides I do have some errands to run..." He stared at me and then smirked before turning his attention to his assistant.

"Keep it then Luke." Aiden instructed, "But clear my schedule for the rest of the day after that and please schedule a dinner with the Starr tonight at the Four Season Hotel." My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open, what the heck?!

"Very well sir," The man I assume his name is Luke replied before he left.

"Um," I started and stared blankly at Aiden who has a smirk on his face. "Why are you having dinner with my parents?"

"You're a Starr too aren't you? I guess I'll be seeing you tonight Miss Starr."

"I don't get it, why? I thought you wanted nothing to do with my family."

"I have my reasons."

"And what is that reason?" I asked but he didn't answer. "Is it because of the Luckwaldt? Do you have some sort of grudge against Rex?" I asked and he smirked.

"Now Miss Starr, how would you know if I have a grudge against Rex Luckwaldt?" He asked and I mentally slapped myself. I screwed up! I totally just dug myself a hole, of course Rose Starr wouldn't know about any grudges between the two men, only Lily Starr would have known because I was there when it happened this afternoon!

"I assumed." I replied and I prayed that he would buy my pathetic excuse.

"You have quite an imaginative brain Miss Starr."

"You can be positive that my parents would agree to dine with you after the events from yesterday."

"Your parents should be calling you in a few seconds." Aiden cooed and as I opened my mouth to say something, my phone rang as predicted. I dug through my purse and gasped when I saw my Mom's name on the screen.

"Mom?" I pressed my phone against my ear with my eyes carefully on Aiden. This better not be some sort of prank, can people hack other people's phones nowadays?

"Hey sweetie," My Mom's voice replied. "Do you think you have time to go to Four Season Hotel tonight?" I bit the bottom of my lips as Aiden watched me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Apparently Kingsley still has some things he'll like to discuss with us. He requested the entire family to be there." My Mom replied. When did he say that? I was with him the entire time he scheduled it with Luke...Luke... He must be able to read his boss's mind or something.

"Okay. Are you sure Mom?" I asked. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Of course sweetie. I just can't let you marry off to the Luckwaldt. There's something shady about Rex and your father agrees with me. When we're back up on our feet, we will investigate on them. For now if Kingsley is willing to help us, we don't need the Luckwaldt."

"Mom-"

"Let's just hear what he has to say okay?" My Mom said softly. Her voice was drained and the past twenty four hours must have been stressful for her. Ultimately I agreed before shoving my phone back into my purse.

"So I'll be seeing you tonight Miss Starr." Aiden smirked.

"What are you planning?" I asked but he shrugged his shoulders.

"I believe you'll find out tonight." He replied. He stared at me for a moment before he made his way towards the exit. He glanced over his shoulders as I watched him leave and then he was gone.

Is it safe to say that I'm afraid of what's going to happen tonight?

(-)

Aiden's POV

I stepped out of the sweet scented bakery and I couldn't help but grin. No woman has ever sparked my interest as much as Rose Starr. Sure I've been with multiple women in my life and there times where I thought I've found the one, but none of them were like Rose Starr. From the moment I first met her at Four Seasons Hotel after our accidental kiss, there was just something that was different about her. Most girls would've just slapped me or threw themselves at me, and I dropped her onto the floor! But no, she smiled at me as if nothing happened and continued to whenever she needed to go. It was her smile, her smile kept my interest. I needed to know more about her.

Luke opened the back door to my black Jaguar XJ and I slipped inside. I propped my elbow against the door just as Luke climbed into the driver's side and pulled out of the parking space.

"Did something good happen Aiden?" Luke asked and his eyes bored into me from the rear view mirror. All of my staffs strictly call me Mr. Kingsley, but Luke was more like a friend than an employee and he's excellent at what he does for me. However he's only allowed to call me Aiden in private.

"Luke," I started with my eyes staring out at the passing scenery. "What do you think about Rose Starr?"

"She is quite a loveable woman." He replied.

"And what about Lily Starr?"

"She's quite a confident and brave woman to have slapped you." He chuckled and I suddenly remember the stinging sensation on my cheek. "She's very different from her younger sister."

"And what about the Lily Starr we saw today?"

"Lily Starr?" Luke asked questionably.

"The Lily Starr we saw with Jason Luckwaldt." I informed but Luke remained silent. I turned away from the scenery and stared at the back of Luke's head. He sensed my eyes on him and he stared at me from the mirrors.

"If my observations are correct, she wasn't Lily Starr." He finally replied and I laughed.

"So I wasn't the only one that thought that Lily Starr was Rose right?" I chuckled. "She disguised into her sister quite well. If I wasn't paying attention to her, I would have really thought she was Lily Starr."

"Having an identical twin has its merits." Luke replied as he turned the car towards my tall skyscraper company. "They could easily fool strangers who have never met them before."

"Yes I know. The Starr has the Luckwaldt wrapped around their fingers."

"But how did you know she was Rose Starr?" Luke asked and I smirked.

"She may have her sister's hair, her makeup, her dress, and her personality. However the way she looks at me and the way Lily looks at me are completely different. Plus there is also the biggest clue that they missed to cover up." I told him and Luke arched an eyebrow.

"And what's that?" He asked, turning into the underground parking of my company.

"The bruise on her hand." Luke chuckled and shook his head. Luke has always been a very observant fellow and he must be feeling stupid that he missed such a big hint. Luke parked in my designated parking space and we both exited the car and headed into the company.

"I'll be doing a thorough investigation of the Luckwaldt." Luke started and I smirked. See why I keep him around? I nodded at him just as the executive elevator arrived and the both of us stepped inside.

"May I ask what you're planning to do tonight with the Starr?" Luke asked and the smirk on my face grew wider.

"I'm playing to join the game." I shot a glance at Luke who smirked as I did.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

986K 12.6K 13
Olivia is a shy, reserved, and lonely 24 years old lady who had fallen in love with a man that ended up marrying her twin sister Sophia, right before...
165K 5.5K 29
After escaping an abusive past, Rose wants nothing more than to stay away from trouble. But when trouble comes crashing into her life in the form of...
16.7K 338 15
Sorry for the terrible cover, I rushed it. Slow updates yay (KO and Tko are aged up to 17, and this is another twin au) ~~~ Y/n was always the advent...
62.7K 2.9K 24
"Roses are red , violets are blue ...only if love was true .. !" These are the words she will often write down in her diary pages after pages. Durin...