Through Her Eyes (2Yeon)

By deathlessly

My life can't get any better than this. I mean, I'm blind and all but I suppose there are conditions worse th... More

i. Walking Stick
ii. Leather Jacket Day
iii. Rehearse
iv. New Face
v. 2 Busy 4 Me
vi. Stone Cold
vii. Talented Confession
viii. The Things I'd Do To You (extra chapter)
ix. Sweet Talker
x. Look At Me
xi. Overcommunicate
xii. Answers from the Other Side
xiii. Fight Club
xiv. I Care
xv. Fluttering Feelings
xvii. Hit or Miss
xviii. Truth or Pizza
xix. Midnight Blue
xx. Kiss & Tell
xxi. Word Doc
xxii. Walk This Way
xxiii. Breathe
xxiv. Room of Gloom
xxv. Epiphany
xxvi. Live and Let Live
xxvii. The Life
xxviii. Voicemail
xxix. Reconcile (Part 1)
XXX. Recollect (Part 2)
xxxi. Angel Without Wings
xxxii. One Q
xxxiii. Healed
xxxiv. Live with Raison D'etre (EPILOGUE)
Comments, Questions, Concerns (?)
Your questions ANSWERED

xvi. Give It A Try

1.6K 102 69
By deathlessly

"We need to talk about us and that kiss."

Jeongyeon had just put her t shirt over her head when Nayeon spoke up. Her head was still glued to the ground, playing with her fingers to ease herself from the fainthearted demand she just made. Lifting a humored eyebrow, Jeongyeon stared at Nayeon who was still fidgeting at the edge of her bed.

"So what?"

Nayeon's chest raised as she drew in a deep breath and exhaled out, already drained. She quit fiddling with her fingers and clasped them together, thinking it would keep her grounded.

"So...everything."

The pair remained to be utterly wordless, avoiding to even glance in each other's direction. As the seconds passed, the ambiance around them grew heavier like a dark cloud of smoke. Jeongyeon scanned her orderly room, inspecting any items that seemed out of place. That was the point; nothing appeared to be tousled. All the items in her room were right where they were supposed to be and Jeongyeon had control over it. Until now, that is, she didn't know where to begin with her and Nayeon.

Classifying them as friends wasn't suitable. From the circumstances and how they both felt, it was a higher level unlocked. Their friendship was more than just giving each other companionable hugs and amicably leaning their heads on each other's shoulders. They couldn't just be chummy with one another. Those cute little pet names Jeongyeon would call Nayeon was more than a tender friendship.

It was a type of ship that didn't know where it was sailing to.

Jeongyeon stood a few feet from Nayeon, her arms crossed loosely as she continued to look around her room to avoid making conversation. She preferred if Nayeon were to go first, feeling like she had said enough for one day. As much as she hated to admit it, Jeongyeon wanted Nayeon to be the one to reach out. It's been a couple of minutes and the two still hadn't budged.

The moment Jeongyeon stopped waddling from side to side, she glanced at Nayeon. Her head was down with her fingers on her lap, unmoving. The next thing she noticed was her wet hair, gradually collecting pools of cold water on her shoulders. Jeongyeon looked around for a towel, wondering where she had placed them before. She walked to the bathroom from across the hall to retrieve a brown bath towel.

She didn't call out to Nayeon that Jeongyeon was approaching her with the towel. Everything felt like no words would be needed. Standing in front of the unresponsive girl, Jeongyeon wrapped the towel behind Nayeon's head. She took a few moments to look down at Nayeon, not saying anything. Jeongyeon proceeded to dry Nayeon's hair out.

Nayeon sat there, motionless, fathoming possibilities of her and Jeongyeon being together. She was conflicted on whether the outcome of it would be something that neither of them would regret. This could be Nayeon's first promising relationship. While she was drowning in the deep caverns of her mind, the only thing Jeongyeon could do was stare at her best friend thinking profoundly. A second nature that Nayeon has picked up was having her mouth slightly ajar whenever she was thinking.

This time, Jeongyeon was close enough to witness it actually happen. And close enough to kiss her again.

Her lips look so kissable right now. She looks like she's thinking so deeply about something. I wanna kiss her I wanna kiss her FUCK I WANNA KISS HER-

For a second, Jeongyeon stopped to glance down at those lips, enticing her like a devilish whisper. The distance between them was microscopic. One push and they would've been touching. Nayeon's breath got caught in her throat when Jeongyeon's exhale touched her tepid skin. She couldn't budge, having no other choice but to sink into the bed.

    "Would you be mad?.."
Jeongyeon continued to stare at Nayeon's lips.

    "About what?"
Sweat began to build up on Nayeon's palms. She wiped them on her shorts, grabbing the bottom of them to ground herself.

"If..I kissed you?"

Nayeon's entire face went ghostly white. Every nerve in her body convulsed, her heart ramming against her ribcage. She knew that deep down she wanted Jeongyeon to do it more than ever. What was stopping her when the lips of her best friend were beckoning out to her, looking greatly appealing in this light.

Afraid that her words would betray her, she shook her head with the smallest movement. Jeongyeon took every breathing second that passed, not wanting to waste time. She didn't want Nayeon changing her mind in the last minute. Using the towel still in her hands, Jeongyeon heaved Nayeon forward to her, pressing their lips together.

At first, it was a light one, almost feathery that it felt like there wasn't any contact at all. They stayed like that, a few centimeters apart. Their breathing escalated, growing heavier and louder, chests bobbing up and down to the sound of their hearts. The beat went on and on.

Jeongyeon discarded the towel and grabbed Nayeon's face, devouring her lips in a fierce kiss. She pushed Nayeon on the bed, climbing on top of her. Nayeon reciprocated her actions quickly, holding on to Jeongyeon's neck.

Jeongyeon did most of the work, cramming her head from side to side as Nayeon laid there, kissing back eagerly. She dragged Jeongyeon further to her by the neck, though there wasn't space anymore for her to possibly get closer. Things took a toll when Jeongyeon's lips gradually worked their way to Nayeon's neck. Her arms were glued to her side as Jeongyeon placed soft butterfly kisses, going from left to right. It drove Nayeon insane.

"J-Jeong.." Nayeon whimpered. Her voice was diminutive in the sizable room.

Jeongyeon mumbled, her lips continuing to pepper kisses around her neck. Nayeon squirmed under, biting bottom lip as she tried to refrain from letting out a noise. She exhaled a shallow sigh through her nose, her chest raising briskly and falling down slowly. Snapping herself out of it, Nayeon moved her hands to demandingly push Jeongyeon's head up to face her. The two exchanged ardent smiles.

Grabbing the chance she had, Nayeon flipped Jeongyeon over before she had the time to react, bringing Nayeon to sit on top of Jeongyeon. Looking at the blank and stupefied expression on her face, Jeongyeon was utterly shocked at how fast that had happened. Nayeon brought her hand down to Jeongyeon's chest, putting her in place. She had a victorious grin on her face, feeling a bit smug that she had the energy to do such a steadfast move.

"I like being on top."

The satisfied grin still on Nayeon's face. Her hair fell forward, covering some parts of her face.

Lifting her hand up to brush a bit of hair behind Nayeon's ear, Jeongyeon smiled, adoration emitting from her eyes. She cherished how her best friend looked in the light of the room, how her shadow draped over Jeongyeon like a flowing curtain. Her hand stayed on Nayeon's cheek, stroking back and forth with her thumb. Heat filled Nayeon's face from the contact.

"Wow.." Jeongyeon breathed out, "Even in this light, you look so beautiful."

Nayeon wasn't used to these types of compliments from Jeongyeon. Hearing her sound so sensible yet earnest. All the girl could do was blush at the palm of Jeongyeon caressing her face. Nothing would come up when she tried to say something. Instead, a single tear fell from her eyes. And then another. Until Nayeon was flat out crying buckets. The pang in her chest escalated, but in a good way.

Jeongyeon didn't know what to do when she saw she was tearing up. She quickly sat up, bringing Nayeon so sit on her lap. Looping her arms behind her back, Jeongyeon searched the reason of her breakdown, inspecting Nayeon's face that hung low as she softly weeped.

    "Hey, hey. What's wrong? Was it something I said? I know I'm ugly, okay? No need to cry over it." Jeongyeon chuckled after, wanting to make a joke at the end.

Just when Jeongyeon's hopes of getting Nayeon to stop crying seemed to be diminishing, Nayeon sniffled, letting out a low giggle. She wiped her face with her hands, ceaseless to shaking her head.

"Ughh I'm being too sensitive over this."

    "No. No you're not. Come on. Tell me."
A rather stern look on her face was now in replace of Jeongyeon's earliest concerning stare. She could tell that something was bothering Nayeon and had been for quite a long time now.

"I'm so sorry that I put you through all of this. I wish I had acknowledged your feelings sooner. I-I.."

Unable to finish from the swelling lump forming in her throat, Nayeon turned to bury her head in Jeongyeon's chest. More tears drenched Jeongyeon's shirt, but Jeongyeon didn't mind at all. She laid her hand on Nayeon's back, rubbing her back to ease her.

"Shhh, it's alright, Nabongs. You wanted to make sure of your own feelings, as well before acting, right?"

Staring up at the ceiling, Jeongyeon ran her finger in different directions. The smooth manner instantly calmed Nayeon down. She sniffled loudly, nodding in reply. Jeongyeon smiled at this.

"Shows how golden your heart is. Always thinking about others. So selfless of you."

Shutting her eyes and laying her ear on Jeongyeon's chest, Nayeon was lulling to the sound of her heartbeat. Listening to her say relishing words, consoled Nayeon's worries that drifted on the surface. Her tongue was caught in throat as Nayeon struggled to find a response. She couldn't come up with one, burrowing her heated face into Jeongyeon's chest.

The other girl chuckled at Nayeon's action. She found it incredibly adorable, smiling at the winsome movement as she brought both her hands down to Nayeon's lower back, embracing her fondly. Placing a small kiss on her forehead, Jeongyeon went back to gazing at the ceiling. One arm was placed under her head for support.

They stayed in that position for awhile, their mixed body heat causing them to melt together like candles. Jeongyeon lifted her head to plant a kiss on Nayeon's head, smelling the honey coated scent of Nayeon's hair. Unconsciously, Nayeon cracked a small smile, her head still on Jeongyeon's chest, attentive to the rhythm of her beating heart.

"And that's what I love about you," Jeongyeon added on to her list of praises to give Nayeon.

The girl with the beat-red face was smiling like a maniac. If she could bury her head any deeper into Jeongyeon's chest, it would be six feet under.

"Really?"

Jeongyeon hummed. "Yes, really."

That's all that Nayeon needed to get. Jeongyeon's answer was good enough. From the precious moment they were having and small side conversations they've had, Nayeon failed to realize that they were leering from the issue at hand, that they were supposed to address. It was like a string attached to a plastic cup and connected from one end to the other because Jeongyeon voiced what Nayeon was concerned about.

"On a serious note. We haven't really talked about us."

Now that Jeongyeon brought up the subject, Nayeon felt extremely hesitant.

"Nabongs-"

"Mina likes me."

The room fell silent for a short moment. Jeongyeon was aware of this beforehand but chose to search the rights words to approach this situation. Nayeon was fragile; Jeongyeon had known that for awhile. She's always had to nitpick her words with a cautious skewer when it came to Nayeon.

"Hmm.." Jeongyeon drifted off with her sentence. "So does Jihyo."

As soon as the words came from her mouth, Jeongyeon wanted to smack herself in the face for it. That wasn't how she planned on comforting Nayeon. Yet, maybe it was time that they had that whole tension with Jihyo out in the open. That wouldn't be an issue any longer.

"Do you think they should date?"

That's when Nayeon decided to cut into Jeongyeon's absurtion.

"Uhh..I don't think putting someone into a new relationship in order to distract themselves from someone is going to work, Jeong," Nayeon muffled against Jeongyeon's chest, "Plus, it's really unhealthy and won't benefit both parties."

"Since when did you get so flamboyant with your words?"
Jeongyeon looked down to see Nayeon peeking from the corner of her eye.

"Yesterday. Because a particular penguin had confessed to me."

Nayeon rolled her eyes, amused when Jeongyeon disported to the use of Nayeon's words. She didn't move her position from her best friend's chest. Completely content with where they laid, Nayeon slowly dozed off, her eyes flickering open and close. The room stopped spinning as the light in the room seemed to dim even further. Nayeon's wet hair was drying on Jeongyeon's shirt, but the other girl could care less. She was focused on the sleeping beauty that was laying on her.

"Nabongs.." Jeongyeon called out to make sure that she was still awake. She was partially aware of what she heard.

"Tell me how you feel about me."

"I just really really REALLY like you, Yoo Jeongyeon."

"That's a lot of really's." Staring at the beige colored ceiling with one arm under her head, Jeongyeon chuckled.

"Mhmm.." Nayeon grinned sleepily.

"And I want to..give us..a try." Feeling her eyes get heavier, Nayeon heaved out every word with a lethargic tone.

"What? You mean that?"

But, Nayeon did not respond. Jeongyeon raised her eyebrow in questioning.

"Nabongs?"

Despite calling out Nayeon's name in a rather loud tone, the girl was already sound asleep, engulfed by the sheer steady beating of Jeongyeon's heartbeat and the tiredness in her eyes. Leaving Jeongyeon to wonder what Nayeon said was true or that the drowsiness was speaking for her, she laid there while Nayeon slept peacefully, not wanting to wake her up. She would wait and ask her about it later. For now, Jeongyeon was getting tired from looking at the boring ceiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 735 56
Ryujin being the most important person in Yeji's life turns to be the most hated person by Yeji. Will this love-hate couple work if two exs are arran...
754 60 24
INTERGALACTIC ACADEMY... intergalactic academy is like no other school... Like it's name states... It's for every known species in the universe and l...
49.9K 2K 31
Hello,this is SuaYeon fan fiction.I wont talk too much here because there will be prologue to meet the characters. Highest ranks 1#Jiu 1#Gadong 1# Do...
39.2K 1.7K 39
Even when she grew up in a perfect family, the devil himself nurtured her. TW: STRONG LANGUAGE, SEXUAL INTERCOURSE, ABUSE.